BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,803
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 42 of 144 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 143 144
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
"because they were the team beating everyone in 4th and 5th grade and have been playing together since then."

This statement is absolutely inaccurate with respect to the 2014 and 2015 Express teams. Those teams did not come together until the 7th or 8th grade. For the record, the 2014 team has 14 players committed to Div 1 schools. The 2015 Express Orange team just won the U15 national championship and is easily one of the top 3 or 4 2015 teams in the US. You really don't know what you are talking about. Nevertheless, enjoy your son's 5th grade team.

This is what will happen. If the superstars of today's 5th grade are still the superstars in 8th grade they will be individually "invited" to play as a "temporary" team in a tournament after the regular summer circuit is finished. The kids and the parents will feel flattered about being invited to this "all star" team, the hard sell about recruiting will be made and presto - you have the new 9th grade Express Orange. Happens every year now.

Again, in the past these "superstars" wanted to play for the Express because there wasnt much else around. This years "temporary" team was put together and ALOT of "superstars" stayed where they were! There are other great options out there. Things change...Only time will tell

And if you are on the prior team before the "invited" come in you are probably toast and so is your investment in the program to that point.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"because they were the team beating everyone in 4th and 5th grade and have been playing together since then."

This statement is absolutely inaccurate with respect to the 2014 and 2015 Express teams. Those teams did not come together until the 7th or 8th grade. For the record, the 2014 team has 14 players committed to Div 1 schools. The 2015 Express Orange team just won the U15 national championship and is easily one of the top 3 or 4 2015 teams in the US. You really don't know what you are talking about. Nevertheless, enjoy your son's 5th grade team.

This is what will happen. If the superstars of today's 5th grade are still the superstars in 8th grade they will be individually "invited" to play as a "temporary" team in a tournament after the regular summer circuit is finished. The kids and the parents will feel flattered about being invited to this "all star" team, the hard sell about recruiting will be made and presto - you have the new 9th grade Express Orange. Happens every year now.

Again, in the past these "superstars" wanted to play for the Express because there wasnt much else around. This years "temporary" team was put together and ALOT of "superstars" stayed where they were! There are other great options out there. Things change...Only time will tell

And if you are on the prior team before the "invited" come in you are probably toast and so is your investment in the program to that point.

Investment in the program??? Its an investment in your child's development. People are attracted to the express because they have a track record of increasing player exposure to the top academic Universities in the country. Its up to you and your child to put the work in and get better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You really need to look at things in an unbiased way. How long has Express been around. That's one of the main reasons they are as successful as they are. In regards to National title I am running an all world tournament at Disney whoever wins will be the all world team. I won't have any true play in tournaments so first cone first serve. No disrespect to the quality of team that the 2015 team is. They are a great team but what was the governing body that decided this national champion? Did all the best teams really play in the tournament? Come on guy! You buying that cool aide they selling at a $2400 a glass. I gotta bridge for sale too.

Now to the other guy who is talking about The Turtles 2016 as if they were an Express team. Wake up. Get your facts straight. Turtles are an Express team as much as Mark Sanchez is going to lead the Jets to the super bowl this year. Directors might be paying them to say their affiliated. It's a joke for those who read things only in a literal sense. Do you know how Turtles were formed, why, and by who? I do.

Mr Turtle expert, do tell us all how the turtles were started and by who! One more thing to u Mr Turtle expert, they are NOT a 2016 team, they are a 2017 team! But you are they expert.

Yes you are correct they are a 2017 team sorry for the typo. But what's your rebuttal to them really not being an Express team. None! Only thing is my typo. Joke. Like a cornered animal attack! Like a previous post said a marriage of convenience! No other facts about anything else I said. Here are some facts about turtles they were put together by a very smart man who owns a great lax co to play in a tournament. Had no affiliations to express in the tournament but were a group of elite players from different teams. They were so successful that they decided to stay together. The tenacious turtles were born. Directors at Express as smart as they are saw the potential of this team and absorbed them. That's their history in a nut shell if I am wrong I will eat some humble pie.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To the guy taking shots at the 2015 Express Orange: your statements are absurd. They beat the Baltimore Crabs. They were one of the only teams to beat Dukes this past summer. they lost the the West Coast Starz by one goal. They dominated an FCA team that already has around 6 or 7 division 1 commits. They have routinely beaten fl$ over the last two years (fl$ has four or five of the best players in the country). who else do you want Express Orange to play/beat?

Kool aid? bridge to sell? You are really demonstrating that you really have no facts. I can only guess that your 5th grader is your oldest. No facts/no perspective.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Think you need to read more posts. 2015 team is great as I said but the tournament is a self appointed national champion. No criteria for the National Champion title. Express is a great program but others are catching up. Options are good. If we had no options we would not have all the talent we have on long island. express does have a great history of placing players into the best lax programs but as other clubs mature so will they. Express has its ties to the St.Anthonys and Chaminade which are two if the vest programs around.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes you are correct they are a 2017 team sorry for the typo. But what's your rebuttal to them really not being an Express team. None! Only thing is my typo. Joke. Like a cornered animal attack! Like a previous post said a marriage of convenience! No other facts about anything else I said. Here are some facts about turtles they were put together by a very smart man who owns a great lax co to play in a tournament. Had no affiliations to express in the tournament but were a group of elite players from different teams. They were so successful that they decided to stay together. The tenacious turtles were born. Directors at Express as smart as they are saw the potential of this team and absorbed them. That's their history in a nut shell if I am wrong I will eat some humble pie.

Where would you like it delivered? Your interpretation of the relationship is incorrect, you don't have the facts other than yes they are a good team, the coach, and they play for the express. And ps who the [lacrosse] cares how they came to playing under the express umbrella? If it works for them then so be it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Burnt toast if you are not going to St Anthony or Chaminade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Yes you are correct they are a 2017 team sorry for the typo. But what's your rebuttal to them really not being an Express team. None! Only thing is my typo. Joke. Like a cornered animal attack! Like a previous post said a marriage of convenience! No other facts about anything else I said. Here are some facts about turtles they were put together by a very smart man who owns a great lax co to play in a tournament. Had no affiliations to express in the tournament but were a group of elite players from different teams. They were so successful that they decided to stay together. The tenacious turtles were born. Directors at Express as smart as they are saw the potential of this team and absorbed them. That's their history in a nut shell if I am wrong I will eat some humble pie. [/quote

Where would you like it delivered? Your interpretation of the relationship is incorrect, you don't have the facts other than yes they are a good team, the coach, and they play for the express. And ps who the [lacrosse] cares how they came to playing under the express umbrella? If it works for them then so be it.

Tell me where is there an Express logo or anything that has to do with Express. tell me what I gave wrong. Since you are all knowing! I explained what I have been told by someone who is involved with the team. Don't be so angry. It's ok.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tell me where is there an Express logo or anything that has to do with Express. tell me what I gave wrong. Since you are all knowing! I explained what I have been told by someone who is involved with the team. Don't be so angry. It's ok.

Then they my friend are also mis or under informed. The turtles are a happy member of the Express family. And its not anger its confusion of why someone would come on here and talk about something they do not know about. enjoy the pie!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Yes you are correct they are a 2017 team sorry for the typo. But what's your rebuttal to them really not being an Express team. None! Only thing is my typo. Joke. Like a cornered animal attack! Like a previous post said a marriage of convenience! No other facts about anything else I said. Here are some facts about turtles they were put together by a very smart man who owns a great lax co to play in a tournament. Had no affiliations to express in the tournament but were a group of elite players from different teams. They were so successful that they decided to stay together. The tenacious turtles were born. Directors at Express as smart as they are saw the potential of this team and absorbed them. That's their history in a nut shell if I am wrong I will eat some humble pie. [/quote

try their website as well as any listing in any tournament they play. Nuf said move on and focus on all the great teams representing LI everywhere.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any 2016 parents here? Just saw the schedule for the Fall Terrapin Classic, and there are three LI Express 2016 teams listed.

LI Express Terps 16
LI Express P 16
LI Express B 16

Does anyone know what the difference is between these three teams? Thanks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It didnt work out !

Atleast for Express.

well like to chime in on this one , but my sons express 4th grade was humiliated buy west islip and from what it looked like a 91 team who ran high score up and never stopped until final whistle and nevermind our last game !, just wasnt a great day for these boys, and certainly the club.

Isn't the 2021 Express coach a West Islip guy with 4-5 WI kids on the Express team? How did that work out?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Then they my friend are also mis or under informed. The turtles are a happy member of the Express family. And its not anger its confusion of why someone would come on here and talk about something they do not know about. enjoy the pie!

Enjoy what pie?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe that "P" is Pirhanas and "B" is Barracudas.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It didnt work out !

Atleast for Express.

well like to chime in on this one , but my sons express 4th grade was humiliated buy west islip and from what it looked like a 91 team who ran high score up and never stopped until final whistle and nevermind our last game !, just wasnt a great day for these boys, and certainly the club.

Isn't the 2021 Express coach a West Islip guy with 4-5 WI kids on the Express team? How did that work out?

The 2021 and 2022 li express is a joke, they should man-up and just make these teams developmental instead of billing them as elite travel teams. In both cases they had trouts but took everyone who tried out, in the case of 2022 they are still trying to fill the team by recruiting 8 year olds who take clinics at sports hub. All of this wouldn't be so bad except they are charging the same as the older teams and if you think the cost is really $1,500 you are crazy because everything is a la carte. The helmets, shooting shirts, tournaments, leagues is all additional. Now this may seem like a li express bashing email but in fact I don't think there is any argument that their older team are excellent and in most cases well coached. My point is that if you want additional instruction for your 8-9 year old there are great clinics, leagues, private lessons etc. alternatively if you want your son on a travel team that is committed to the team, is transparent about all the costs, practices often and reliably then there are those options also but li express, while although a great organization, should have some class and admit that they are not committed to the younger age groups. I assume this post will get some Johnny blows his nose or can't tie his shoes or you are a creep for speaking about 8-9 year olds but the truth is that 91, true blue, tomahawks, igloo, jesters, fl$ etc all offer some form of team or multiple teams at this age so the demand is there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As a Express parent from this past weekend my sons 2021 team was spanked by everyone , Although town teams should not be able to compete against a travel elite team and win , this was disgusting. Yes the West Isip team has express players , but so did the Hills team who had a overwhelming amount of 91 players which you clearly saw the difference in the quality of how they played , VS express who yes does not put there effort in teaching these kids how to play like an elite player, it seems the West Islip kids have an advantage because there coach is the Express coach so more effort is placed into them then the rest of team. So sad that we fell for bait switch , which everyone spoke about how well express program is, in reality so far its a waste of time and alot of money, I must say although not a fan of 91 those group of players showed more initiative in the game which the final result proved effective !
Sorry to vent but the previous post set me off..

It didnt work out !

Atleast for Express.

The 2021 and 2022 li express is a joke, they should man-up and just make these teams developmental instead of billing them as elite travel teams. In both cases they had trouts but took everyone who tried out, in the case of 2022 they are still trying to fill the team by recruiting 8 year olds who take clinics at sports hub. All of this wouldn't be so bad except they are charging the same as the older teams and if you think the cost is really $1,500 you are crazy because everything is a la carte. The helmets, shooting shirts, tournaments, leagues is all additional. Now this may seem like a li express bashing email but in fact I don't think there is any argument that their older team are excellent and in most cases well coached. My point is that if you want additional instruction for your 8-9 year old there are great clinics, leagues, private lessons etc. alternatively if you want your son on a travel team that is committed to the team, is transparent about all the costs, practices often and reliably then there are those options also but li express, while although a great organization, should have some class and admit that they are not committed to the younger age groups. I assume this post will get some Johnny blows his nose or can't tie his shoes or you are a creep for speaking about 8-9 year olds but the truth is that 91, true blue, tomahawks, igloo, jesters, fl$ etc all offer some form of team or multiple teams at this age so the demand is there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes hills team had a few 91 kids because the coach is the 91 white coach, he took a few kids over to his team to keep things competitive , being from west Islip it would have been interesting to see the two teams go head to head against one another , but sure 91 and express will find a way to meet up in the upcoming season , and looking forward to see what club has a better team at that age group.

As a Express parent from this past weekend my sons 2021 team was spanked by everyone , Although town teams should not be able to compete against a travel elite team and win , this was disgusting. Yes the West Isip team has express players , but so did the Hills team who had a overwhelming amount of 91 players which you clearly saw the difference in the quality of how they played , VS express who yes does not put there effort in teaching these kids how to play like an elite player, it seems the West Islip kids have an advantage because there coach is the Express coach so more effort is placed into them then the rest of team. So sad that we fell for bait switch , which everyone spoke about how well express program is, in reality so far its a waste of time and alot of money, I must say although not a fan of 91 those group of players showed more initiative in the game which the final result proved effective !

It didnt work out !

Atleast for Express.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a kid on the 2020 B team. The level of play is excellent. The coaching is truly outstanding. I say this with the perspective of having played in college and coached youth for 8 years.

Is it worth the price? Judgement call. Maybe not at this age for most. I have older boys in the program. Worth it at the older ages.

I do think many B level players will go to other programs to find better value. Express does risk diluting the talent on the B teams.

At this age the goal is simply to develop fundamental skills and help the kids have fun. The money may be better spent buying high quality instructional videos, going to carefully selected summer camps and getting a few private instruction sessions.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Word has it from a few higher ups from 91 , 2021 white is going to surpass their orange and is going to be the team most sought after to beat this year in that age bracket. So forget about express competing when they are not even close to that level.

Yes hills team had a few 91 kids because the coach is the 91 white coach, he took a few kids over to his team to keep things competitive , being from west Islip it would have been interesting to see the two teams go head to head against one another , but sure 91 and express will find a way to meet up in the upcoming season , and looking forward to see what club has a better team at that age group.

It didnt work out !

Atleast for Express.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your sources are wrong. 91 orange 2021 has a very strong squad this year. Picked up a lot of new players and after having a year under their belts they should be successful. They will be one of the teams to beat this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Perhaps white will surpass orange at 91 but until a team in that age bracket beats Igloo, then Igloo is the team to beat. Igloo beat orange every time they met. Agreed, express is not even close to the level of either 91 team or igloo. As the original post said express 2021 and 2022 is a joke

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stirring the pot ?
Or Smoking pot?
Or is this a legit statement ?
Would be hilarious .
quote=Anonymous]Perhaps white will surpass orange at 91 but until a team in that age bracket beats Igloo, then Igloo is the team to beat. Igloo beat orange every time they met. Agreed, express is not even close to the level of either 91 team or igloo. As the original post said express 2021 and 2022 is a joke [/quote]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you kidding> It is what 4th and 5th graders playing lacrosse

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The orange 91 team will never be successful the coach needs to be replaced , he has not proved anything in his years of coaching , to much controversy on that team with his favorites , your wishful thinking that your team picked up the right combination will never come into play to have a winning team . I would agree with other post with igloo being the top team. Team Long Island has a possibility also picking up some ex orange 91 kids who didn't want to put up with the coaches [lacrosse] that he caused. As far as white 91 let's see what they bring this upcoming year , after all didn't they win a tournament this year ? There photo is on website , Where as orange did not ? .
Good luck to all, as far as express your forum seems to have been jacked with all competitive team talk except your team is not in ballpark.
Your sources are wrong. 91 orange 2021 has a very strong squad this year. Picked up a lot of new players and after having a year under their belts they should be successful. They will be one of the teams to beat this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how did the express 2016 teams do at the fall terrapin classic sunday?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Still no match for Crabs. Competition in 2016 was weak otherwise.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Barracudas went 2 & 2. lost to Crabs who are the best out there right now and a 2014 team from Dallas. Not their best showing, but have plenty of time for improvement

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know how did the Piranhas do?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Piranhas were a mix of 2014/2015/2016 and went 3-0-1. Tie was against VLC 2014 in a very physical game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know what the future of the girls program is.I know that they had a lot of girls in the 2016 age group leave , the team was never top tier team but now seems they may not be able to field a barely competitive team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Follow the Express Boys footsteps , Call 91 office i am sure they will accomodate adding great talent to their program. Express use to be the only show in town for girls , How times have changed !

Anyone know what the future of the girls program is.I know that they had a lot of girls in the 2016 age group leave , the team was never top tier team but now seems they may not be able to field a barely competitive team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Piranhas were a mix of 2014/2015/2016 and went 3-0-1. Tie was against VLC 2014 in a very physical game.

VLC 2014 is an excellent team, one of the best 2014 teams in the country. And they were missing a bunch of guys.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

VLC 2014 is an excellent team, one of the best 2014 teams in the country. And they were missing a bunch of guys.

Yeah, I heard that 17 of their best were not present.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Perhaps white will surpass orange at 91 but until a team in that age bracket beats Igloo, then Igloo is the team to beat. Igloo beat orange every time they met. Agreed, express is not even close to the level of either 91 team or igloo. As the original post said express 2021 and 2022 is a joke

.... a joke........
nice

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its a mess

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which LIE teams are playing at the Sound Shore Classic 11/18 at Fairfield U and which are going to the Greene Turtle Invitational? Good luck to all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

.... a joke........
nice

The fact that they have 2021 & 2022 teams is the real joke, crazy parent rushing their kids into a train wreck at that age

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about entering into next Fridays games for travel teams on LI.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let's stay home and have everyone come to us on long island and spend $ at our hotels and Resturant's .

When Li express , 91 , fl$ and these Long island select lacrosse teams stop conducting these club as a business , avoiding each other , parent stop the bragging rights of who beating who and act like adults ,maybe we will play each other on Long island ,at LONG ISLAND TOURNAMENT I.E (Long Island lax feast) .Teams this past year came from all over the country to attend ,this is a two day tournament .If all these top Long Island lacrosse lacrosse organizations would enter , more out of state lacrosse teams would come advertise it as the best of the best play on Long Island .

The location is perfect ,hotels in the area support the location , the local area would prosper .

Proposal to both organization
If 91 lacrosse would enter LI Express new tournament , then Long Island Express would enter Long Island lax feast .One hand washes the other . However it's bad business if one loses , it about the kids not the adults , put business aside for the benefit of the players and Long island we could use a boost .

Great to travel to places outside of long island to play non competative teams, deal with hours of traffic and wasted time round trip and spend money in another state then our own state .

We built it , if we advertise it , they will come ,let act like adults .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know what plans LIE has for this winter?

Like Reply Quote
Page 42 of 144 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 143 144
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard