BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,872
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 87 of 128 1 2 85 86 87 88 89 127 128
Re: Crabs Lacrosse / Baltimore Lacrosse Club
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
False....St Paul's andBL are on equal footing these days. BL might even be ahead of St Paul's academically.

LOL! Everyone knows BL has no academic standards.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly..how can CH have 1600 boys...a ton of scholarship money through Kelly's endowment, FCA feeder...and struggle for years to even make it to top 6 in MIAA...POLITICS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
False....St Paul's andBL are on equal footing these days. BL might even be ahead of St Paul's academically.

Not true at all

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well makes sense that he's going to Calvert Hall ...they are one of worst ranked educations in MIAA.

I won't disagree about the education at Calvert Hall. It is a weak educational school. This kid is a very, very good player and will run 1st line midfield next year. This will also serve to [lacrosse] off a lot of juniors or seniors that have waited and are capable of playing...this is the problem with Calvert hall...lots of promises, no follow thru. At least this boy got his commitment to UNC

No way in [lacrosse] this kid is running 1st midfield next year. There is a Kelly coming in and many much better players than him already there. He got shut down by several 8th grade teams this past school year. That and he is not an FCA/Kelly kid don't bode well for him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really. He just committed early to UNC. I'm sure the Kelly's had something to do with that. My guess is he plays for FCA next year.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree 100%. Fat Crab just lost his prized possession. FCA bound.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yawn. This surprises no one. Little boy Ty Ty Xanders says he looks the part - he's right - because he is almost 16. Parents probably spent more on private school tuition than he is gonna get from UNC. Enjoy the paper classes.

his birthday is public on UA website April 2001. He's older but don't exaggerate.

Everybody laughed at that date too- no verification in UA as it is grade based. He is older.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are a lot of falsehoods here: The young man's age is accurate. He played up with my sonnand was one of the best middies on the team if not the best although many months younger than the other 2019s. Just because he goes to Calvert Hall does not mean he will automatically join FCA. There are quite a few Crabs who attend Calvert Hall. Carolina recognized that he is one of the most outstanding middies in his age group. He is also a great kid. We should congratulate him not tear him down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL!! You have no idea what you are talking about. BL has some of the most advanced Math and Science programs in the area. Are they behind in things like Foreign Languages? Yes. But if you are in BL's Honors and AP classes they are on par if not ahead of the other MIAA schools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL!! You have no idea what you are talking about. BL has some of the most advanced Math and Science programs in the area. Are they behind in things like Foreign Languages? Yes. But if you are in BL's Honors and AP classes they are on par if not ahead of the other MIAA schools.

Please, don't fool yourself or try and fool others. BL isn't that strong in any areas, never have been and never will be in the foreseeable future.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most of the MIAA schools are weak academically

BL
CH
MSJ
Severn
LB
AS
St. Mary's

You are completely wrong, the two on your list that are weak are BL and CH, the others are strong, some more so than others but all strong with, again, the exception of BL and CH.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The school has the list of colleges attended by 2015 graduates.
There are no Ivies, Stanford, MIT, Duke, Berkley, ND, etc. on the list so I'm thinking the academics aren't too strong

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look at the BL college matriculation lists for each of the past years. They are all online. The PP is correct, from that perspective BL is abysmal.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well makes sense that he's going to Calvert Hall ...they are one of worst ranked educations in MIAA.

I won't disagree about the education at Calvert Hall. It is a weak educational school. This kid is a very, very good player and will run 1st line midfield next year. This will also serve to [lacrosse] off a lot of juniors or seniors that have waited and are capable of playing...this is the problem with Calvert hall...lots of promises, no follow thru. At least this boy got his commitment to UNC

No way in [lacrosse] this kid is running 1st midfield next year. There is a Kelly coming in and many much better players than him already there. He got shut down by several 8th grade teams this past school year. That and he is not an FCA/Kelly kid don't bode well for him.

This kid has one thing going for him, his size. He is big and strong but in lacrosse he is at best an average player, just average. I have seen him play quite a few times and like another poster stated, saw on age 8th grade players smaller than him shut him down. He usually scores only when he has lots of time and room, but in close, he struggles. He also plays football and it is probably the reason he is going to CH, they have a stronger football program than BL. But since he has committed to UNC for lax, that is clearly his sport and not football. I have never met this kid, said he is a nice young man, his father on the other hand is a whole different story.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny I see Cornell on the BL matriculation list for 2016. Which I believe is an Ivy. on St Paul's website they publish college matriculations from 2011-2015 and not one student matriculated to an Ivy. If you actually tae a look at the matriculation list BL has a higher % of students attending selective college's.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny I see Cornell on the BL matriculation list for 2016. Which I believe is an Ivy. on St Paul's website they publish college matriculations from 2011-2015 and not one student matriculated to an Ivy. If you actually tae a look at the matriculation list BL has a higher % of students attending selective college's.

Don't bring facts to this discussion. I will not argue that in the past, BL was behind some of the others. There has been a marked change at the school over the last 5 years and that is longer the case.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Excuse me? Take another look at SP's college matriculation list over the past few years. Awfully impressive if you ask me.

https://www.stpaulsschool.org/page.cfm?p=4913&LockSSL=true

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last time I checked, Dartmouth, Harvard, Brown, Yale, Cornell, Princeton,and Penn are all Ivy League schools and are all listed as schools that SP students have and do attend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone knows BL is the MIAA school where the grade transcript doesn't matter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The St Paul's Matriculation list is over the past 7 years because if they showed you on a year by year basis, like BL does, it would just look ok. Both are fine academic institutions and get top students into excellent colleges. Are they Gilman? Definitely not. To suggest that St Paul's is a better institution today than BL is silly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not true at all. Go to SPs website. They have students at a number of Ivy's. Also, they have the IB program at their upper school, which is a very challenging program -- far more in depth than AP courses -- and requires much higher qualified and specially-trained teachers. Do your homework. Oh wait... you probably went to BL, so you don't know what that means. My bad...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The St Paul's Matriculation list is over the past 7 years because if they showed you on a year by year basis, like BL does, it would just look ok. Both are fine academic institutions and get top students into excellent colleges. Are they Gilman? Definitely not. To suggest that St Paul's is a better institution today than BL is silly.

Gilman is resting on its laurels. Not impressive at all. They have not kept up with changes in education, and it shows.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look at the matriculation list for past 5 years that is in the school profile, not 1 Ivy matriculation. Stop Living in past!!!!!!!!!!!Everyone knows that St Paul's is a place for spoiled rich pretty boys that can't get into Gilman.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look at the matriculation list for past 5 years that is in the school profile, not 1 Ivy matriculation. Stop Living in past!!!!!!!!!!!Everyone knows that St Paul's is a place for spoiled rich pretty boys that can't get into Gilman.

Holy smokes. The lacrosse talk on here is bad enough. Now we have a St Paul's v Gilman [lacrosse]-fest? Loch Raven HS rules

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid is a public school kid. The problem with the ivy's is they have the haves and the have nots. If you are poor, you can get a full ride to the ivys with good grades of course. If you make over 200k per year the ivys think you can afford their college. (60k to 70k Per year) Ivys ask for a full financial disclosure from the parents and a future funding commitment. The school then determines what you can afford. At 200k your net bring home after taxes is about $122k. If you fund your 401k that brings you to about $102k. Now you have your mortgage, car payment, other child's expense, food and squeezing 60k to 70k a year out may be hard. This limits the student body to the super wealthy, whose parents do no care for cost, and the poor who get a free ride. Middle class or upper middle class are pushed out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Or they just want to play lacrosse on a competitive level. What happened to Gilman? All recruiting $ went to football I guess.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son was on his team at U13 Crabs. A one-year holdback, not two- year! 04/2001 - just turned 15! He was the only true 6th grader on that U13 team and was a major contributor playing with mostly 7th graders. I was surprised he reclassed in 8th grade given that he already was physically bigger than his peers with the skills and athleticism to match.
Yawn. This surprises no one. Little boy Ty Ty Xanders says he looks the part - he's right - because he is almost 16. Parents probably spent more on private school tuition than he is gonna get from UNC. Enjoy the paper classes.

his birthday is public on UA website April 2001. He's older but don't exaggerate.

Everybody laughed at that date too- no verification in UA as it is grade based. He is older.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son was on his team at U13 Crabs. A one-year holdback, not two- year! 04/2001 - just turned 15! He was the only true 6th grader on that U13 team and was a major contributor playing with mostly 7th graders. I was surprised he reclassed in 8th grade given that he already was physically bigger than his peers with the skills and athleticism to match.

The kid that just committed to UNC did not reclass in 8th grade. He reclassed in lower school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No longer with the Crabs! Parent of a on age public school kid that despises the holdback / reclass scene as much as you do. I was simply stating that the kid is not a double holdback as perceived and was a very good player as a true 6th grader playing on a mostly 7th grade team at U13 - three years ago! Not defending the move at all. Questioning it actually given that he was a big, advanced kid to begin with.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Carter Flaig, Princeton 2015....idiot

Patrick Karey, Cornell 2016

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Gilman sold out to Poggi and football..then when a bunch of alum and daddies started complaining because little Tommy couldn't play football anymore and the lacrosse team stunk, they kicked and screamed and got the FB coach booted...undoubtedly a good academic school but what a pompous bunch of a-holes. Come back to this thread in 3 years when your school has a winning record in lax again but by then your FB team will be a laughing stock

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The school profile has matriculations from 2011-2015. I will admit I missed the kid that went to Princeton. Still think Bl's list is similar to a bit more competitive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gilman football will stink this year. Over 10 studs transferred out. No money..no good in MI AA. They had 6 really good 8th grade lax players interested in Gilman and none are going. They have great squash team though. In 4 years Gilman alum will raise [lacrosse] that they can't compete at anything anymore and they'll move to fire headmaster.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the ongoing argument is about academics and matriculation, Gilman stands alone.

If the argument is about athletics, then yes, the football team was a case of the tail wagging the dog and the issue has been addressed. The lacrosse team just suffered its worst year in a long time and will only get better. The rising 9th and 10th grades are very strong and by the time those players are in 11th and 12th grade, the program will be relevant. McDonough is in the process - with players moving here from Florida, Oregon, etc. - of setting itself apart. The MIAA should be there's to lose going forward. If you are a local boy, and want playing time and the best education in the MIAA, Gilman is the only school to consider.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the ongoing argument is about academics and matriculation, Gilman stands alone.

If the argument is about athletics, then yes, the football team was a case of the tail wagging the dog and the issue has been addressed. The lacrosse team just suffered its worst year in a long time and will only get better. The rising 9th and 10th grades are very strong and by the time those players are in 11th and 12th grade, the program will be relevant. McDonough is in the process - with players moving here from Florida, Oregon, etc. - of setting itself apart. The MIAA should be there's to lose going forward. If you are a local boy, and want playing time and the best education in the MIAA, Gilman is the only school to consider.

if you are from Howard or Harford counties the best education is at the public schools!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

if you are from Howard or Harford counties the best education is at the public schools!

Very true. The trick is to remember that the education is what matters - not who has the best lacrosse team. When private school proponents compare test scores they are doing so with all students averages in which is comparing apples and oranges. Public also mimics real life more than any private school environment which can be difficult but it is not a sheltered environment. There are benefits to both which makes it a choice for your child but education is not part of that discussion when dealing with those two counties.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Granted the public schools in the counties are better than most on whole, but there are some areas of the counties where you are definitely far better off sending your kid to Glenelg Country or John Carroll.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Carter Flaig, Princeton 2015....idiot

Patrick Karey, Cornell 2016

You can't look at kids that use athletics or the minority card to get into the Ivies. You have to look at how many white boys they get in to these schools based solely on academics.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't bring facts to this discussion. I will not argue that in the past, BL was behind some of the others. There has been a marked change at the school over the last 5 years and that is longer the case.

Looking at the BL matriculations and stripping out the lacrosse knowns, which are published by Boy Band Ty and others, you will see that some lacrosse players have matriculated to Cornell, some other Ivies & some other selective schools. The overbroad point is accurate. Taken as a whole the BL matriculation is abysmal. Stripping out the lacrosse specific placements it is something beyond abysmal. This is a school that literally can't place a non-lacrosse kid to Hopkins across town or any other college of that standard.

In fairness to BL this fact set travels to some other MIAA schools (with some exception like Friends) and to IAC lax factory schools down the road in the DC area. Have a look at the ex-lacrosse matriculation lists for Landon, Bullis, and GPrep. Landon and Bullis are pre-third tier State U and GPrep is a passport to third tier Jesuit colleges sprayed all over the Northeast to Midwest. GPrep and Bullis haven't placed a non-lacrosse kid to an Ivy in years. If a Catholic kid wants to get into Georgetown or Notre Dame he's better off at a public school in Montgomery County than at GPrep if he is a non-lacrosse kid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looking at the BL matriculations and stripping out the lacrosse knowns, which are published by Boy Band Ty and others, you will see that some lacrosse players have matriculated to Cornell, some other Ivies & some other selective schools. The overbroad point is accurate. Taken as a whole the BL matriculation is abysmal. Stripping out the lacrosse specific placements it is something beyond abysmal. This is a school that literally can't place a non-lacrosse kid to Hopkins across town or any other college of that standard.

In fairness to BL this fact set travels to some other MIAA schools (with some exception like Friends) and to IAC lax factory schools down the road in the DC area. Have a look at the ex-lacrosse matriculation lists for Landon, Bullis, and GPrep. Landon and Bullis are pre-third tier State U and GPrep is a passport to third tier Jesuit colleges sprayed all over the Northeast to Midwest. GPrep and Bullis haven't placed a non-lacrosse kid to an Ivy in years. If a Catholic kid wants to get into Georgetown or Notre Dame he's better off at a public school in Montgomery County than at GPrep if he is a non-lacrosse kid.

Don't lump all of the MIAA schools with BL. There are plenty of kids from Gilman, Loyola and others that go to top schools, Ivies, etc without sports at all. Keep kidding yourselves that the public schools are giving a better education.

Like Reply Quote
Page 87 of 128 1 2 85 86 87 88 89 127 128
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard