BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
2029 goalie
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,817
Posts388,228
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 74 of 90 1 2 72 73 74 75 76 89 90
Re: Boys 2020-8th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
EDGE 2020...this is a chance to clean up your act, if possible.
worst play ever seen in youth lacrosse!!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I have a legitimate question, and I really don't want snarky replies (not sure that is even possible on this forum, but I thought I would throw that out there). How do these "all-star" rosters get selected for these showcase tournaments? I was under the impression that the college coaches in attendance "selected" the kids that they wanted to see again. Which, by the way makes perfect sense to me. This past weekend, the roster was released and then when the teams started tweeting out who played for their team in the all-star game, the roster didn't match who played. Just wondering? Can the coaches of the club teams place anyone they want in the all-star game?

Part 2 of the question, do kids that have already "committed" play in these all-star games, or are they automatically disqualified?
The coaches may be asked who to look out for on their team. This does not guarantee them a spot. It only puts a "watch out for" this 3 or 4 kids. The event organizers and college coaches ultimately make the selections. Club coach has little to do with it beyond here are our top 4-6 kids keep an eye on them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone want to try a top ten rankings for the 2020 teams?

1. Crush

2. through 7. could be any order:

- Crabs (mostly 2001 birth dates, unclear if any 2000 birthdates)
- Laxachusetts (mostly 2001 and a handful of 2000 birthdates which is absurd)
- Express (a handful of 2001 birthdates)
- FCA
- Annapolis Hawks
- Team 88+3 MD
- Legacy

No other team should be in the conversation, but there are a number of good teams that can play at a high level on any give day (Leading Edge, West Coast Starz, HHH, Rising Sons)

Sorry, left off Looney's - they are in that top group without a doubt.

Also left of the fact that crush has several 2000 birth dates, since this is part of the conversation.

Absolute blatant lie

So they didn't take two holdbacks on the team this year to add to at least two others they all ready had? C'mon you know it's true!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a legitimate question, and I really don't want snarky replies (not sure that is even possible on this forum, but I thought I would throw that out there). How do these "all-star" rosters get selected for these showcase tournaments? I was under the impression that the college coaches in attendance "selected" the kids that they wanted to see again. Which, by the way makes perfect sense to me. This past weekend, the roster was released and then when the teams started tweeting out who played for their team in the all-star game, the roster didn't match who played. Just wondering? Can the coaches of the club teams place anyone they want in the all-star game?

Part 2 of the question, do kids that have already "committed" play in these all-star games, or are they automatically disqualified?

The coaches may be asked who to look out for on their team. This does not guarantee them a spot. It only puts a "watch out for" this 3 or 4 kids. The event organizers and college coaches ultimately make the selections. Club coach has little to do with it beyond here are our top 4-6 kids keep an eye on them.
You should also note that kids bail or kids get hurt and they update the roster for the coaches. Hope that helps.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Edge Canada will be playing Team 91 crush this weekend... That will be a great game.

As long as the game does not need to be stopped due to Edge's (typically) dirty play.

Not typical, always dirty play. This is the worst youth lacrosse team I have ever seen. Cheap shots at all times, try to deliberately injury other teams players.
I personally would like to see all US tournament ban them from playing here until they get their act together.
We played them last Nov in Md. and the game was called with about 3 to 4 minutes left it got so bad. They were loosing 10-1 and knew they had no chance to win the game so they just raised up the goon squad and increased their dirty play. No need for them to participate in any US tournament but money talks and tournament directors will keep inviting them, which is a shame. Keep them the [lacrosse] up north, let them bash each other. Plus it is not limited to just one age group, they all act and play this way. And no, don't even try to tell me this is how they play lacrosse in Canada, because I know better.
So sit back and wait for the Edge coaches/parents and fans to start their denial and other BS.

You know what's more embarrassing? The club you play for - Looney's.

You bring this game up over and over, but I've seen plenty of clown moves from Looney's teams and their uneducated parents.

As well they should, first I've ever heard of a game being stopped like that. Having watched and played against both teams at 2020 over the past few years I'd have to say that I've never seen that type of behavior from Looney's and have never seen another team that behaved more badly than Edge. This looks like a big event with lots of teams participating...go see for yourselves.

We will see this weekend. You might be suprised with the outcome of the 91-Edge game.

We are much more concerned with the conduct of the game than the outcome...

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone want to try a top ten rankings for the 2020 teams?

1. Crush

2. through 7. could be any order:

- Crabs (mostly 2001 birth dates, unclear if any 2000 birthdates)
- Laxachusetts (mostly 2001 and a handful of 2000 birthdates which is absurd)
- Express (a handful of 2001 birthdates)
- FCA
- Annapolis Hawks
- Team 88+3 MD
- Legacy

No other team should be in the conversation, but there are a number of good teams that can play at a high level on any give day (Leading Edge, West Coast Starz, HHH, Rising Sons)

Sorry, left off Looney's - they are in that top group without a doubt.

Also left of the fact that crush has several 2000 birth dates, since this is part of the conversation.

Absolute blatant lie

So they didn't take two holdbacks on the team this year to add to at least two others they all ready had? C'mon you know it's true!

Not even close to any 2000 birthdates on Crush...lol...I guess people have to make up some new stuff since they have been saying that kind of garbage for years... my favorite is "wait until EVERYONE ELSE in 2020 catches up" ...lol stiiiiillll waitingggg.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do any of the Crush 2020 folks know where you are playing this Autumn. We (Edge Ontario) are in the process of planning our upcoming season and have made some upgrades to our team and were hoping to face your team. There's no better way to assess talent other than playing the best. We were looking at the NYPLL on November 15th. We haven't played you since Nov 2011 and look forward to the opportunity. Good luck to all teams with their tryouts and upcoming season.
yes we are playing you on Saturday!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express 2020. What happened at adrenaline ?

Lost to Crush in the semi finals 9-4

Beat Leading Edge 10-4 in quarterfinals after losing to them yesterday

Such a great team but Crush is on another level

Such a great team according to who and on what distorted scale of greatness is that? They went 2-3 this weekend correct?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Such a great team according to who and on what distorted scale of greatness is that? They went 2-3 this weekend correct?

To say such a great team is a bit much, but they're as good as the other top teams ex-Crush (but Crush only plays starters, especially attack, which is real difference maker with the two best attackmen out there).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

To say such a great team is a bit much, but they're as good as the other top teams ex-Crush (but Crush only plays starters, especially attack, which is real difference maker with the two best attackmen out there).

So is the new holdback middie not a 2000 birthdate? I've heard from multiple people on the sidelines that he is. Just want to know the truth, don't care if he is or isn't as there aren't rules against it (see Crabs and Laxachusetts rosters).

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YES. FACT. Huntington kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Also know express 2020 has 3 2000 birth dates they are not innocent in this

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's not true at all. Express has a few 2001 birthdates but they don't have ANY 2000s. Would be willing to bet a lot on this one.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
US lacrosse Age for 2020 is born after September 1, 2001.

If your child was born prior he should be 2019.

If your child was born prior to September 1, 2000 and plays 2020
it is ridiculous. And the parent should be liable when his little man hurts someone.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

it is ridiculous. And the parent should be liable when his little man hurts someone.
Oh Come on ! Then my little rock star won't stand out for all those early recruiters to see

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed not a bad team, but OK

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your a fully developed kid turning 16 and you don't look good against an undeveloped 14 year old then you suk.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Same parents who think someone will get hurt are the same parents who want their kids to play varsity lacrosse...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not the same thing. 16 year olds on an 8th grade youth lacrosse team is absurd. We are not talking about high school sports.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Same parents who think someone will get hurt are the same parents who want their kids to play varsity lacrosse...
Sorry I disagree, while I hope one day my son plays varsity lacrosse, at this moment in 8th grade he is an undersized, physically not mature, age appropriate (born 6/2002) 2020 player who doesn't need to be playing against kids 2 years older at this point in time. Again and I've said it before, generally speaking baseball gets it right, where the above average players, play up an age level or two. But here in lacrosse somehow playing down will get you noticed ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Back to rankings...it seems to be the general consensus that Crush is the #1 2020 team by a fairly wide margin until proven otherwise.

My question: WHY are they so much better? Would be interesting to get a few opinions on what makes them so good. Anything that other teams could learn from? My top reasons...

1. The way they play (style of play). They are almost never the biggest, fastest or strongest team on the field. But they move the ball really, really well. High lacrosse IQ, unselfish play, most goals are assisted, and great off-ball movement. This is much tougher to defend than the typical middie isolation dodge followed by a 10-yard rip that you see from lots of 2020 teams.
2. They've been playing together so long. The core group of kids have obviously been playing together a long time, and it shows. They anticipate what teammates are going to do and have great team chemistry. This feeds their style of play.
3. They work harder. I have heard that they practice much more than the typical 2x per week during tournament season that you see from many clubs. But not sure if that's true. I'm sure it doesn't hurt to be around the likes of Rabil and Pannell and the NY Lizards, and see how hard they work.
4. Concentration of talent on Long Island. LI has 2 elite teams, where Baltimore metro area has at least 5 (Looneys, Crabs, FAC, Hawks, Team 91 MD Force). Would the Baltimore area produce a comparably dominant team if they concentrated that talent to only 2 teams? Not sure.

Other thoughts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Back to rankings...it seems to be the general consensus that Crush is the #1 2020 team by a fairly wide margin until proven otherwise.

My question: WHY are they so much better? Would be interesting to get a few opinions on what makes them so good. Anything that other teams could learn from? My top reasons...

1. The way they play (style of play). They are almost never the biggest, fastest or strongest team on the field. But they move the ball really, really well. High lacrosse IQ, unselfish play, most goals are assisted, and great off-ball movement. This is much tougher to defend than the typical middie isolation dodge followed by a 10-yard rip that you see from lots of 2020 teams.
2. They've been playing together so long. The core group of kids have obviously been playing together a long time, and it shows. They anticipate what teammates are going to do and have great team chemistry. This feeds their style of play.
3. They work harder. I have heard that they practice much more than the typical 2x per week during tournament season that you see from many clubs. But not sure if that's true. I'm sure it doesn't hurt to be around the likes of Rabil and Pannell and the NY Lizards, and see how hard they work.
4. Concentration of talent on Long Island. LI has 2 elite teams, where Baltimore metro area has at least 5 (Looneys, Crabs, FAC, Hawks, Team 91 MD Force). Would the Baltimore area produce a comparably dominant team if they concentrated that talent to only 2 teams? Not sure.

Other thoughts?

Opinion but I'm surely widely shared PoV - they have the two best attackman by a wide margin, and the "big lefty" has been dominant since they were 10 years old. If you took those two kids and put them on any other high quality team then that would be the new best team. They are very strong at all other positions but those two are clear difference makers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree with this comment - very talented team but the big lefty attackman and the speedy other attackman are the difference makers - take any of the 2 off the team and its a different team, esp the lefty. Furthermore, the team practices a lot and has practiced a lot for many years - obviously they have top level coaches. Finally, the pool of talented teams on LI for that year is not as strong as other years - i.e. the 2021s have Icon and Igloo plus the usual susepects; same with 2022s, etc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

that is 2 years down. Sept 2000 is 2018?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2000 is 2018. Correct.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2000 is 2018. Correct.

In MD and PA 9-1-2000 to 8-31-2001 is 2019. (Many private schools ignore this but that is the official state public school rule)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thanks scoop

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah but it does matter. So many of these kids arent so much better as they are just bigger and stronger. It is cheating.....but such is life.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YES. FACT. Huntington kid. [/quot

NOT FACT: Middie does not have a 2000 birthday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Reclassifying for lacrosse is lame. Maybe your kid will get recruited early to Hopkins, UNC and UVA - wow. He can then ride the pine once he gets there when on age kids who are more skilled because they played against Holdbacks eat his lunch. Hope the one or two years of private school tuition was worth it. He can always go work for Ty Xanders or be a stringer at Lacrosse unlimited if the MLL doesn't pan out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you want to BE better, play up. If you want to LOOK better, play down.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It sounds like Yoda is on the site. We better all shape up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Reclassifying for lacrosse is lame. Maybe your kid will get recruited early to Hopkins, UNC and UVA - wow. He can then ride the pine once he gets there when on age kids who are more skilled because they played against Holdbacks eat his lunch. Hope the one or two years of private school tuition was worth it. He can always go work for Ty Xanders or be a stringer at Lacrosse unlimited if the MLL doesn't pan out.

Nothing impressive about a 15 year old blowing up 13 year olds. Not in lacrosee, not in any sport. College lacrosee coaches seem to drink it in, but they're not the Mensa crowd to begin with.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And out of all the major youth sports, lacrosse seems to be the only one that seems to have this issue. (Although I'm sure someone will come up with examples elsewhere)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best simplified view yet!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"YES. FACT. Huntington kid. [/quot

NOT FACT: Middie does not have a 2000 birthday."

He has been 15 for a number of months. Fact. Common guy, give it up... tool.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"YES. FACT. Huntington kid. [/quot

NOT FACT: Middie does not have a 2000 birthday."

He has been 15 for a number of months. Fact. Common guy, give it up... tool.
So 15 year old IS playing against 13 year olds. Sweet!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best simplified view yet!
Couldn't agree more !!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big 4 recognizes that Madlax 2020 is improving. Madlax is one of the 10 seeded teams and there are 12 teams that have to win a playin in order to play a seeded team.

Shows that the people who know lacrosse know a lot more than the dads on this board.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big 4 recognizes that Madlax 2020 is improving. Madlax is one of the 10 seeded teams and there are 12 teams that have to win a playin in order to play a seeded team.

Shows that the people who know lacrosse know a lot more than the dads on this board.
Funny, I only see 6 teams with a bye, and if Madlax loses to Eclipse in first game they're relegated to losers bracket by 9:30 Sat. morning. The 12 teams playing Friday night are 'Friendly' games, and have no bearing on the brackets. But hey, if going 0-4 at Adrenaline before beating the 0-5 Prime Time team is your definition of improving, then yes run with that.....

Page 74 of 90 1 2 72 73 74 75 76 89 90

Link Copied to Clipboard