Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by MKVELE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I hate to tell you that I'm not the person spewing the venom against N.U. But you have to admit I was right. Since you want to attack my daughter let's talk about her, not her team. She is top half for her position, top 20% for all freshman,and top 1/3 for all players on impact ratings, all this as you stated on a losing team while still studying for one of the forbidden majors. How's your kid doing because I'm pretty happy with my daughters progress so far.

You are a certified nut job and nobody attacked your daughter. Not sure what your beef is with NU but it's really getting ridiculous. Glad to hear your daughter is doing well.
I don't know what your problem is with me, I don't really have one with N.U. Other than I think there not doing well and are getting by on reputation alone. Like I said you should admit that I was right. There last game will be a day g fight in Ohio, if they lose no tourney for them.

He was right, and he was attacked for it. And in my not so humble opinion this NU team is only ranked out of nostalgia and they are ranked way too high. There is absolutely no reason they should be ranked at all or even be in the tournament conversation. This is the end of the road. NU = NG.

BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: 2016 Women's College Lacrosse Season [Re: Anonymous] #161508
04/26/16 08:02 AM
04/26/16 08:02 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And another year where one of the five teams that has one the championship for the last 25 years will win again - NC or Maryland.

The sport just cant seem to cycle in new winners. Here's hoping for a major upset, the sport needs it

Re: 2016 Women's College Lacrosse Season [Re: MKVELE] #161514
04/26/16 08:12 AM
04/26/16 08:12 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I hate to tell you that I'm not the person spewing the venom against N.U. But you have to admit I was right. Since you want to attack my daughter let's talk about her, not her team. She is top half for her position, top 20% for all freshman,and top 1/3 for all players on impact ratings, all this as you stated on a losing team while still studying for one of the forbidden majors. How's your kid doing because I'm pretty happy with my daughters progress so far.

You are a certified nut job and nobody attacked your daughter. Not sure what your beef is with NU but it's really getting ridiculous. Glad to hear your daughter is doing well.
I don't know what your problem is with me, I don't really have one with N.U. Other than I think there not doing well and are getting by on reputation alone. Like I said you should admit that I was right. There last game will be a day g fight in Ohio, if they lose no tourney for them.

If, and it is an "if", they destroy Ohio State at OSU, the #18 team in the country, will you post on here that maybe you were wrong? How r they "getting by on rep alone"? You have been shown the schedule. They have played 11 of the top 14 teams ranked ahead of them. They r 3-8 against them. Not to their standards no question, but if anything ought to rank them higher than 15, not lower. And have beaten all 4 teams behind them in the rankings/out of rankings. They are actually getting penalized for the schedule they chose to play. If they beat OSU, they r into the tournament likely. And should be. I'm sure though the people that agree with you most, honestly, are the players and coaches at NU. My guess is they are nowhere near satisfied with their record.

Re: 2016 Women's College Lacrosse Season [Re: Anonymous] #161521
04/26/16 08:35 AM
04/26/16 08:35 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And another year where one of the five teams that has one the championship for the last 25 years will win again - NC or Maryland.

The sport just cant seem to cycle in new winners. Here's hoping for a major upset, the sport needs it

You will need a physical team w a great goalie to get the upset ... my candidate, and yes it's a way longshot ... USC. Would be an unbelievable story and grow the game on the west coast in a big way. One can hope ...

Re: 2016 Women's College Lacrosse Season [Re: Anonymous] #161534
04/26/16 09:25 AM
04/26/16 09:25 AM
M
MKVELE Offline
Back of THE CAGE
MKVELE  Offline
Back of THE CAGE
M

If, and it is an "if", they destroy Ohio State at OSU, the #18 team in the country, will you post on here that maybe you were wrong? How r they "getting by on rep alone"? You have been shown the schedule. They have played 11 of the top 14 teams ranked ahead of them. They r 3-8 against them. Not to their standards no question, but if anything ought to rank them higher than 15, not lower. And have beaten all 4 teams behind them in the rankings/out of rankings. They are actually getting penalized for the schedule they chose to play. If they beat OSU, they r into the tournament likely. And should be. I'm sure though the people that agree with you most, honestly, are the players and coaches at NU. My guess is they are nowhere near satisfied with their record.
No I will not admit I'm wrong because I am not. You prove that N.U. Is getting by on reputation when you say if they played that teams schedule they would be better. There is no way of knowing if they would have beaten any team they didn't play. If any team from any conference has a better record they should be given the chance to go to tournament over any team with even a 9-7 record because they used to be good. They played there games and lost. Other t arms played there games and won. Why isn't it that simple. In years past N.U. also played very hard schedules and won. Why is it when they lose they should be rewarded? That's kind of like taking a goal off the board for a shooting space violation, rewarding bad play and punishing good play, woman's lacrosse..... Go figure

Sponsored Links
Re: 2016 Women's College Lacrosse Season [Re: MKVELE] #161563
04/26/16 11:23 AM
04/26/16 11:23 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No I will not admit I'm wrong because I am not. You prove that N.U. Is getting by on reputation when you say if they played that teams schedule they would be better. There is no way of knowing if they would have beaten any team they didn't play. If any team from any conference has a better record they should be given the chance to go to tournament over any team with even a 9-7 record because they used to be good. They played there games and lost. Other t arms played there games and won. Why isn't it that simple. In years past N.U. also played very hard schedules and won. Why is it when they lose they should be rewarded? That's kind of like taking a goal off the board for a shooting space violation, rewarding bad play and punishing good play, woman's lacrosse..... Go figure

There is a history of teams with tough schedules making the tournament. UVA comes to mind. For the last couple of years the Cavaliers have teetered around .500 and were always rewarded a tournament berth based on their strength of schedule. Two years ago they made a run to the final four after worrying if they would even make the tournament.

Re: 2016 Women's College Lacrosse Season [Re: Anonymous] #161564
04/26/16 11:34 AM
04/26/16 11:34 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is a history of teams with tough schedules making the tournament. UVA comes to mind. For the last couple of years the Cavaliers have teetered around .500 and were always rewarded a tournament berth based on their strength of schedule. Two years ago they made a run to the final four after worrying if they would even make the tournament.
A few posts back someone commented that the same teams will make this tournament and either UNC or MD will win like every year. Until other schools are allowed into tournament, and sos Is diminished no top players will gravitate to non traditional powers and every year will be the same. The structure needs to change

Re: 2016 Women's College Lacrosse Season [Re: MKVELE] #161574
04/26/16 12:26 PM
04/26/16 12:26 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[quote=MKVELE]I hate to tell you that I'm not the person spewing the venom against N.U. But you have to admit I was right. Since you want to attack my daughter let's talk about her, not her team. She is top half for her position, top 20% for all freshman,and top 1/3 for all players on impact ratings, all this as you stated on a losing team while still studying for one of the forbidden majors. How's your kid doing because I'm pretty happy with my daughters progress so far.

No I will not admit I'm wrong because I am not. You prove that N.U. Is getting by on reputation when you say if they played that teams schedule they would be better. There is no way of knowing if they would have beaten any team they didn't play. If any team from any conference has a better record they should be given the chance to go to tournament over any team with even a 9-7 record because they used to be good. They played there games and lost. Other t arms played there games and won. Why isn't it that simple. In years past N.U. also played very hard schedules and won. Why is it when they lose they should be rewarded? That's kind of like taking a goal off the board for a shooting space violation, rewarding bad play and punishing good play, woman's lacrosse..... Go figure [/quot

You really are an idiot. According to you strength of schedule should not matter so a loss to Maryland is the same as losing to LIU Brooklyn.Not sure if its the same moron or two separate morons who keep bashing NU but give it a rest .I generally root against NU from back in their glory days but that team is still a top 15 team and will tell you plenty of other top teams would be happy if they do not make the tournament.

Re: 2016 Women's College Lacrosse Season [Re: America's Game] #161606
04/26/16 02:18 PM
04/26/16 02:18 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why are some on this board so quick to call others names? It's so childish to do so simply because they don't agree with you. Strength of schedule shouldn't be disregarded, but not as heavily considered. If LIU Brooklyn should ever have a better record than N.U than yes they should get there shot and not dismissed because they didn't lose to someone.

Re: 2016 Women's College Lacrosse Season [Re: America's Game] #161614
04/26/16 02:33 PM
04/26/16 02:33 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Right now there are 27 teams with double digit wins this year. All those girls worked extremely hard and deserve a shot for a tournament bid over a .500 club no matter who the .500 team lost to. If that happens maybe the race to commit to a program rather than a major of study will end. Try to remember student comes first in the student athlete.

Sponsored Links
Re: 2016 Women's College Lacrosse Season [Re: Anonymous] #161617
04/26/16 02:56 PM
04/26/16 02:56 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Right now there are 27 teams with double digit wins this year. All those girls worked extremely hard and deserve a shot for a tournament bid over a .500 club no matter who the .500 team lost to. If that happens maybe the race to commit to a program rather than a major of study will end. Try to remember student comes first in the student athlete.

If that happened you would have power house teams scheduling inferior teams just to have a better record. The bottom line is the best teams should make it! You already have teams from weak conferences making it , who have virtually no chance to win a game! The at large teams need to be the best teams!

Re: 2016 Women's College Lacrosse Season [Re: Anonymous] #161628
04/26/16 03:35 PM
04/26/16 03:35 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If that happened you would have power house teams scheduling inferior teams just to have a better record. The bottom line is the best teams should make it! You already have teams from weak conferences making it , who have virtually no chance to win a game! The at large teams need to be the best teams!
like SB did, Four top twenty games with three losses and a bunch of blowouts

Re: 2016 Women's College Lacrosse Season [Re: Anonymous] #161642
04/26/16 04:08 PM
04/26/16 04:08 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Or the flip side of teams scheduling ridiculous out of conference schedule just to up their SOS, when they still don't have a shot.

Re: 2016 Women's College Lacrosse Season [Re: Anonymous] #161646
04/26/16 04:34 PM
04/26/16 04:34 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

like SB did, Four top twenty games with three losses and a bunch of blowouts

it looks like 5 top 20 opponents and two wins. Two one goal losses and a loss to USC. Many of the Big conference teams do not want to or need to schedule smaller conference schools. Seems like many of the larger conference schools schedule easier games for The exact opposite reasons. Such as ND playing Liberty etc

Re: 2016 Women's College Lacrosse Season [Re: Anonymous] #161656
04/26/16 05:15 PM
04/26/16 05:15 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

New to the discussion, but two things - Ohio St hasn't played much of a schedule at all and NU should easily beat them. All the teams that are ranked ahead of NU weren't always until NU lost to them

Page 48 of 200 1 2 46 47 48 49 50 199 200