BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
2029 goalie
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,817
Posts388,286
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 78 of 128 1 2 76 77 78 79 80 127 128
Re: Crabs Lacrosse / Baltimore Lacrosse Club
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Most players I've spoken to (those not coaching for a living) have mixed feelings about the time commitments of D1 and high level D3 lacrosse, even those who have won national championships and been AAs.

I've encouraged my boys to use lacrosse to get them into a great academic college (D1 or D3). If your kid enjoys the grind of collegiate lacrosse, keep playing. If not, focus on academics, career development and have fun.

In high school, teach them to play life long sports: ski, tennis, golf. Participate in a play or join the debate club. Being a laxbro is not a vocation or even a desirable life style.

A parent whose child was a recent starting D1 lacrosse player told me that their son told them...he has enjoyed his experience, but for many reasons if he had it to do over again may just choose to be a student and enjoy college.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most players I've spoken to (those not coaching for a living) have mixed feelings about the time commitments of D1 and high level D3 lacrosse, even those who have won national championships and been AAs.

I've encouraged my boys to use lacrosse to get them into a great academic college (D1 or D3). If your kid enjoys the grind of collegiate lacrosse, keep playing. If not, focus on academics, career development and have fun.

Or play D3 or club. D1 is 7 days a week. D3 is four days practice one day game. Club is beer during the games and after and girlfriends on the sidelines. Keep the grades up boys. Merit scholarships is the way to go.

In high school, teach them to play life long sports: ski, tennis, golf. Participate in a play or join the debate club. Being a laxbro is not a vocation or even a desirable life style.

A parent whose child was a recent starting D1 lacrosse player told me that their son told them...he has enjoyed his experience, but for many reasons if he had it to do over again may just choose to be a student and enjoy college.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard a parent that was a D1 player say that "I played for two years and it was great, and I did not play for two years and it was great".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Or play D3 or club. D1 is 7 days a week. D3 is four days practice one day game. Club is beer during the games and after and girlfriends on the sidelines. Keep the grades up boys. Merit scholarships is the way to go.

This is great. Most truth spit out since i've started checking out this site. I've coaches so many different sports at all different levels. These D1 kids that come out of college thinking they know it all just amuses me. Lots of self righteous behavior is what i've seen which you typically don't see in the other sports.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is great. Most truth spit out since i've started checking out this site. I've coaches so many different sports at all different levels. These D1 kids that come out of college thinking they know it all just amuses me. Lots of self righteous behavior is what i've seen which you typically don't see in the other sports.

Self entitlement! That's is what you get with the lacrosse demographic. That is why they feel it is ok to play kids down...self entitlement!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Self entitlement! That's is what you get with the lacrosse demographic. That is why they feel it is ok to play kids down...self entitlement!

Hey new flash DELETED. This is going to be on the crawl tonight on FOX news

Last edited by CJ Orlando; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I took the long way to work as I drove the Porsche. Too bad. Looks like I missed another great quote. Any hints to content Larry?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I took the long way to work as I drove the Porsche. Too bad. Looks like I missed another great quote. Any hints to content Larry?

Idiot thought calling out someone's kid was acceptable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry LarryMiller

Ah I said White Kids are spoil brats is this pointed at one kid

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Do you really think that I am stupid?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No so why did you say I was calling out a single kid. We where talking about Lacrosse players being spoiled and given things. And I was pointing out that this is not new news rich white kids have always and will always get away with everything. and we all know Lacrosse is a rich white kid sport. Unless you are in NY or MD

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

No so why did you say I was calling out a single kid. We where talking about Lacrosse players being spoiled and given things. And I was pointing out that this is not new news rich white kids have always and will always get away with everything. and we all know Lacrosse is a rich white kid sport. Unless you are in NY or MD

That in itself is also not very nice..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That in itself is also not very nice..

I agree but most jokes are not very nice to someone. Well at least all funny jokes are mean to someone. I could of failed at being funny but you can not always bat 1000%

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
At least you talked it out. Most people snipe and leave. Try and remember that all of the players are kids..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
US Lacrosse endorsed recent actions by the men’s and women’s coaches associations and urged the NCAA to adopt legislative proposals that restrict the recruiting calendar, including all communication between a coach and prospect, to after Sept.1of a prospect’s junior year of high school. The Intercollegiate Men’s Lacrosse Coaches Association voted Friday to support proposals forwarded to the NCAA three months earlier by the Intercollegiate Women’s Lacrosse Coaches Association that ban college coaches from any contact with prospects before that time. The IWLCA proposals are being considered by the NCAA’s student-athlete experience committee.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think this can help for sure. But I see this giving even more power to the club coaches. The parents will be at their will longer. This will push the 8th to 10 graders back to full time club team games and tournaments. No more showcases. Will this rule effect the camps at the colleges?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It will be interesting to see what is considered "contact" and how the NCAA polices this? Can colleges run prospect camps? Will coaches still attend showcases and tournaments for 9th and 10th grade boys and girls? Showcases? This ruling will dramatically change the club lacrosse landscape. I think it will transfer power to the high school coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree. The Gravy train of club lax and empty promises may have ended.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It will be interesting to see what is considered "contact" and how the NCAA polices this? Can colleges run prospect camps? Will coaches still attend showcases and tournaments for 9th and 10th grade boys and girls? Showcases? This ruling will dramatically change the club lacrosse landscape. I think it will transfer power to the high school coaches.

That's funny I was thinking this was going to give more power to the club coach. You are kinda forced to make sure you are on the best club team playing the best teams. You will also be forced to play by the club coaches rules longer. You will have no idea if you are on the D1 radar.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the recruiting rules push out until kids are juniors it will no doubt change club lacrosse. The clubs will need to focus on developing their players to be the best high school upperclassmen. I'm sure there will still be a radar and some early screening of kids, but the sizzle in the whole showcase the middle school and early high school scene will look like a much worse investment to parents. I think clubs will shift toward instruction and marketing that they play in competitive tournaments and show well in them. I think the big winners will be expensive prep schools. After 8th grade I would argue as a DMV parent it will suddenly become all about parents and kids feeling forced to be on one of the strong prep league teams. My son plays at the most acclaimed IAC program, and that benefits him because the coaches are connected and are very aggressive advocates. To be honest, some pretty weak players on his prep team and on the rival teams are committed to D1 programs as freshmen and sophs who have never played varsity and aren't very strong athletes or players yet. A lot of them look like they'd lose a wrestling match with my 12 year old. I don't think the situation improves, it just shifts from the club people being pushy and connected club team advocates to the pushy and connected prep advocates. IMHO lacrosse is strange sport. Being on the "D1 radar" rarely means you have done something rare on the field to earn it. Maybe my cynicism is misplaced, but I just think the lacrosse market wants the chaos and money grab solutions.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's funny I was thinking this was going to give more power to the club coach. You are kinda forced to make sure you are on the best club team playing the best teams. You will also be forced to play by the club coaches rules longer. You will have no idea if you are on the D1 radar.

Just because a coach can't contact a player doesn't mean he still won't talk to a club or HS coach. In the past the club had n advantage because many boys didn't play for their HS coach until at least their Soph year. That will change and the HS coach will be more involved in the process. I think this will drive kids to the higher profile lacrosse HS. Clubs will still be relevant but have a diminished role

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think the part about club ball meaning less is wishful thinking. The kids not at Landon and PVI are going to need club ball more then ever.

Just because a coach can't contact a player doesn't mean he still won't talk to a club or HS coach. In the past the club had n advantage because many boys didn't play for their HS coach until at least their Soph year. That will change and the HS coach will be more involved in the process. I think this will drive kids to the higher profile lacrosse HS. Clubs will still be relevant but have a diminished role

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think the part about club ball meaning less is wishful thinking. The kids not at Landon and PVI are going to need club ball more then ever.

Hopefully gets passed. No matter how it shakes out. It will be better than recruiting 8th and 9th graders.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is a little ammo for you Crab parents... Last year the Team 91 Crush folks got all worked up about the Crabs having hold backs come in for one tournament and beat them at the Beach.

Well the coach of that 91 Crush 2020 team also coaches a 91 Bandits 2023 team. He has his oldest son, who is on the 2020 team playing DOWN on the 2023 team in Florida right now so they can try and win the whole thing.

If that's not the pot calling the kettle black, I don't know what is!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is a little ammo for you Crab parents... Last year the Team 91 Crush folks got all worked up about the Crabs having hold backs come in for one tournament and beat them at the Beach.

Well the coach of that 91 Crush 2020 team also coaches a 91 Bandits 2023 team. He has his oldest son, who is on the 2020 team playing DOWN on the 2023 team in Florida right now so they can try and win the whole thing.

Tournament has clear rules on age. If True it is a easy fix. Tell tournament directors??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
His older son must be very small to pass for a 6 grader.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tournament has clear rules on age. If True it is a easy fix. Tell tournament directors??

Tell the tournament directors what? That the boy in question is in 6th grade and meets the age requirements for this tournament? He is in 6th grade(2022) and he meets the age requirements for [lacrosse]'s. FACT. Just be advised he does play for Crush 2020 because he is that good. He plays up two years. I know that may difficult for you to understand, but that is reality.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crush 2020 only cares about 5 kids. After those kids commit, the team will fall apart. They will already be surpassed this year by clubs like Crabs and Looney's.

Now we find out they have reclassified players as well. Makes sense given their despicable behavior at Denver touranment.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crush 2020 only cares about 5 kids. After those kids commit, the team will fall apart. They will already be surpassed this year by clubs like Crabs and Looney's.

Now we find out they have reclassified players as well. Makes sense given their despicable behavior at Denver touranment.

Crab daddy didn't like the beat down. With the way you guys act down here in MD to our club and others. do you really think anyone feels bad for you! It may of been for one day only but Crush had many fans in that game vs Crabs because it exposed the "crab way". Crush being about five players is laughable because our boys team has five or six really really good players as well but just like many others we haven't and probably never can beat them. They are one of only a small handful of teams I've seen with highly skiilled group of players that play "team lacrosse"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's be clear. He should really be in 7th grade 2021 with a 2003 birth year but is in 6th grade 2022. Plays up 1yr with crush 8th grade 2020 or 2yrs up depending on how you look at it. Sometimes plays on bandits 5th grade 2023 team with brothers and dad when the bandits play up in 2022 6th grade tourneys. Makes the cut because he was re classed to 6th grade 2022. On a seperate note his ability and skill and IQ are off the charts no matter what team he is on. Completely stands out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There isn't a rule against playing up. Why don't more advanced kids play on teams a grade up?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a question. If an 8th grade kid was really outstanding and is so outstanding he could hang on with a 10th grade team, assuming his parents approved on the safety risk, would it help or hurt that kid recruiting wise to play up? Would it be better to dominate your age and grade, or would it look better to be holding your own against kids two grades up? The recruiting coaches would be seeing the same player but the context would be very different. I only ask because in other sports the gold standard is reaching as far out as you can go to play up. It is considered a notch on the belt that only few kids can be strong enough to hold on against older boys. Would that fail in lacrosse because the whole point is to look bigger and better than everyone on the field and the easiest way to do that is to be older?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a question. If an 8th grade kid was really outstanding and is so outstanding he could hang on with a 10th grade team, assuming his parents approved on the safety risk, would it help or hurt that kid recruiting wise to play up? Would it be better to dominate your age and grade, or would it look better to be holding your own against kids two grades up? The recruiting coaches would be seeing the same player but the context would be very different. I only ask because in other sports the gold standard is reaching as far out as you can go to play up. It is considered a notch on the belt that only few kids can be strong enough to hold on against older boys. Would that fail in lacrosse because the whole point is to look bigger and better than everyone on the field and the easiest way to do that is to be older?

When put that way, ( which is reality) doesn't that make lacrosse seem like such a sad sport?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would guess college coaches would like seeing kids play up as a test. I know I'd be impressed. Wayne Gretzky always talked about growing up a stronger young player because he was always put with the older boys. Lacrosse should try more of that to challenge the promising kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would guess college coaches would like seeing kids play up as a test. I know I'd be impressed. Wayne Gretzky always talked about growing up a stronger young player because he was always put with the older boys. Lacrosse should try more of that to challenge the promising kids.

Unfortunately Lacrosse has done the exact opposite. Many clubs encourage playing down a year thru prefirst/holdbacks/reclassify.
Tell anyone not associated with lacrosse whats going on with this issue ..And the response is almost always the same..Playing against younger kids is lame.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I would guess college coaches would like seeing kids play up as a test. I know I'd be impressed. Wayne Gretzky always talked about growing up a stronger young player because he was always put with the older boys. Lacrosse should try more of that to challenge the promising kids.

Unfortunately Lacrosse has done the exact opposite. Many clubs encourage playing down a year thru prefirst/holdbacks/reclassify.

Yet a lot of club teams do this, basically out of need to stay competitive. All of this crap of holdbacks in Md. was started by none other that Ryan M of Crabs and the disgusting part is that he is proud of this and because his 2020 team is MUCH older than most all other 2020's he considers himself a great lax coach, which he isn't, he just pushes the limits to outright cheating.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Christian McCaffrey is a 19 year old sophomore at Stanford. He is the best player in college football. You don't need to be older. You just need to be better. Think about that when you consider most Baltimore and DC area prep lacrosse players will be 19 when they are seniors in high school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Christian McCaffrey is a 19 year old sophomore at Stanford. He is the best player in college football. You don't need to be older. You just need to be better. Think about that when you consider most Baltimore and DC area prep lacrosse players will be 19 when they are seniors in high school.

His family tree helps, a little.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah both his parents were great athletes. Like u said though 19yr old sophomore in college not senior in high school. If I was a 19 yr old senior in high school I would have been so much better. Bigger faster and stronger. I put on 20 lbs from 18 to 19. And was more of a man. I played college football and trust me I was even totally different from 19 to 22.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Always helps to have the advantage of being 19 playing high school sports. Lacrosse is the only sport that celebrates that as something impressive. Alabama's best offensive lineman is a soph who also started last year as a true freshman. Clemson's best offensive lineman this year is a true freshman.

The crutch to lean on is available to anyone who want it. Great athletes don't need one.

Like Reply Quote
Page 78 of 128 1 2 76 77 78 79 80 127 128
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard