Originally Posted by Anonymous
It will be interesting to see what is considered "contact" and how the NCAA polices this? Can colleges run prospect camps? Will coaches still attend showcases and tournaments for 9th and 10th grade boys and girls? Showcases? This ruling will dramatically change the club lacrosse landscape. I think it will transfer power to the high school coaches.

That's funny I was thinking this was going to give more power to the club coach. You are kinda forced to make sure you are on the best club team playing the best teams. You will also be forced to play by the club coaches rules longer. You will have no idea if you are on the D1 radar.

I think the part about club ball meaning less is wishful thinking. The kids not at Landon and PVI are going to need club ball more then ever.

Just because a coach can't contact a player doesn't mean he still won't talk to a club or HS coach. In the past the club had n advantage because many boys didn't play for their HS coach until at least their Soph year. That will change and the HS coach will be more involved in the process. I think this will drive kids to the higher profile lacrosse HS. Clubs will still be relevant but have a diminished role