Tryouts launched for Igloo Lacrosse, Legacy Lacrosse & Many More Club Teams - Check Our Forums > Tryouts to see when other teams have touts!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous - 07/05/22 12:03 PM
Boys 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/05/22 12:03 PM
Girls 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/05/22 11:42 AM
True Annapolis
by Anonymous - 07/05/22 11:36 AM
Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
by Anonymous - 07/05/22 11:30 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,154
Posts341,775
Members2,465
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 35 of 112 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 111 112
Re: Girls 2020-8th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
Anonymous #139506 10/27/15 06:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Lacrosse growing? Not in our town - Baseball, Softball, Basketball, Football, Soccer, Volleyball all with more teams. Why do you think that is? Maybe we should start forcing some passing in 1st, 2nd and 3rd grade. Nobody cares that your daughter scores 10 except her parents.

Where do you live , I want to move there.

BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #139534 10/27/15 09:26 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If Curcio was there things would have been different.
PAL at its best!!!!

Is Curcio still coaching the BLUE team?

Anonymous #139548 10/28/15 06:37 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]If Curcio was there things would have been different.
PAL at its best!!!!

Is Curcio still coaching the BLUE team

She's renegotiating her contract after this weekends debacle

Anonymous #139552 10/28/15 08:03 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]If Curcio was there things would have been different.
PAL at its best!!!!

Would be smart to dip those really short arms into her wildly deep pockets. Heard the 2025 coach hire blew up the pay structure and many want a well deserved bump

Anonymous #139578 10/28/15 10:22 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]If Curcio was there things would have been different.
PAL at its best!!!!

Would be smart to dip those really short arms into her wildly deep pockets. Heard the 2025 coach hire blew up the pay structure and many want a well deserved bump [/quote

Please ,some of these coaches would do it for free. They make thousands doing private lessons and promoting kids to teams they do not belong on. Don't forget the fringe benefits like free meals at restaurants because the owner already pays for lessons but needs to secure his kids spot, or the coach who shows up early and stays late setting up the tents to secure his kids spots ,heard that coach was not even at tryouts, my guess is he was in the parking lot detailing the queens car. Pathetic, at some point these parents have to realize to just let their kids ability speak for themselves.

Sponsored Links
Anonymous #139582 10/28/15 10:38 AM
S
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
S
Originally Posted by anonomous
there is not another "team" sport where parents could care less about the teams success, if their daughter is not the star, than travel lax...it has spawned a generation of "me first" kids and worse, parents who live and die with their child's success on a lax field. Unfortunately we are ALL guilty of being those parents and anyone who says differently is an outright liar..it is really shameful when folks turn to berating kids or coaches on a lax website...maybe we do need President Bernie Sanders to make college free so we can all stop drinking the scholarship Kool-Aid...

Couldn't agree more. In our town if you aren't playing travel lax you are shunned and if you stick it out the ball never seems to find you. I have been hearing about recruiting and commiting on our PAL sideline since the 3rd GRADE! Some kids just want to play and the selfish play of the girls looking for the early verbal is driving kids away in droves. You hear very little about any of this INDIVIDUAL nonsense on any other sport sideline. Lacrosse sidelines are toxic and its a shame because it is a great sport being ruined by bad parents and selfish me first play.

Sing it brother or sister... sing it. I'd love to think some parents would start policing the [lacrosse] bag parents... but I doubt it. At some point I just know I'm going to get to watch a quality beatdown on the sidelines.... some canvas belted loafer wearing loudmouth who forgets that other kid's parents are right next to him and the crap he is spewing is going to get his vineyard vines polo pulled over his head like a hockey jersey... and let the windmilling start.

Kidding aside, the parents are getting worse and worse every year.
Just cheer your kid on or STFU

strongARM #139592 10/28/15 11:11 AM
A
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
A
and not to belabor my point but think about this...go to any HS/AAU Football or Baseball or Basketball game and watch the stands when a team does something cool like score a nice touchdown/basket or make a great play on defense..the whole crowd gets into it and cheers..now watch the sidelines during your kids travel lax game...how many folks actually ever cheer for someone besides their own kids success?...maybe its because they pay buku $$ and think it entitles them to be selfish and narcissistic about their kids...watch what happens when their son/daughter gets the ball in the open field..how many "go to goal" or "shoot" shouts do you hear?...imagine if a kid got a rebound in basketball and the mom/dad was screaming to drive the length of the court for a shot..it would sound [lacrosse]..in Lax its almost expected...such a shame..

anonomous #139658 10/28/15 03:34 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
and not to belabor my point but think about this...go to any HS/AAU Football or Baseball or Basketball game and watch the stands when a team does something cool like score a nice touchdown/basket or make a great play on defense..the whole crowd gets into it and cheers..now watch the sidelines during your kids travel lax game...how many folks actually ever cheer for someone besides their own kids success?...maybe its because they pay buku $$ and think it entitles them to be selfish and narcissistic about their kids...watch what happens when their son/daughter gets the ball in the open field..how many "go to goal" or "shoot" shouts do you hear?...imagine if a kid got a rebound in basketball and the mom/dad was screaming to drive the length of the court for a shot..it would sound [lacrosse]..in Lax its almost expected...such a shame..

Couldn't agree more. Everyone cringes when someone other than their kid scores in lacrosse. This BS recruiting has ruined the game. But the parents of those skilled kids care less about everyone else. Here is the stock answer - Get on the wall if you cant keep up. I'm not going to apologize for my kid being so talented. What they don't understand is that we would all love to cheer for them like we do in football or basketball but when we are up by 10 pass the freakin ball and be a GOOD TEAMMATE!

Anonymous #139665 10/28/15 04:28 PM
S
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
S

Couldn't agree more. Everyone cringes when someone other than their kid scores in lacrosse. This BS recruiting has ruined the game. But the parents of those skilled kids care less about everyone else. Here is the stock answer - Get on the wall if you cant keep up. I'm not going to apologize for my kid being so talented. What they don't understand is that we would all love to cheer for them like we do in football or basketball but when we are up by 10 pass the freakin ball and be a GOOD TEAMMATE!

I cheer for every kid on the field and can only hope it has some level of contagiousness. The sick thing is that when I see an amazing play by someone on the other team I may even DARE to utter 'good play' aloud to the opposing player. What sacrilege I suppose. I don't care what other parents think... if they think I'm an a-hole for rooting for their kid and others, so be it. To quote a fine reverend: If loving the lord is right, I don't want to be wrong.....

anonomous #139674 10/28/15 05:33 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like you are with the wrong club. My daughter's team is one of the most successful there is and they share the ball and parents cheer for all the girls. If any parent dared yell at their daughter to go to the goal there would be [lacrosse] to pay.

Sponsored Links
Anonymous #139688 10/28/15 07:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you, my friend, are more the exception than the rule

Anonymous #139703 10/28/15 10:11 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like you are with the wrong club. My daughter's team is one of the most successful there is and they share the ball and parents cheer for all the girls. If any parent dared yell at their daughter to go to the goal there would be [lacrosse] to pay.

Keep telling yourself that. If you were forced to watch a hidden camera video of your sideline you would probably be mortified. Its apparent to everyone except travel parents.

Anonymous #139711 10/28/15 10:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Keep telling yourself that. If you were forced to watch a hidden camera video of your sideline you would probably be mortified. Its apparent to everyone except travel parents.

Actually, all or our games are recorded and you can hear the sidelines. Sorry that you have these issues. All i can say is that all sidelines aren't like that. Our coach wouldn't stand for it and would cut a girl if the parents acted that way. Maybe you need a new coach.

Anonymous #139718 10/29/15 08:21 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats on finding that program...and the 1% of parents who are not like the rest of the chuckleheads on the sidelines...
can I ask what program it is?....they may be onto something if it works so well

Anonymous #139719 10/29/15 08:23 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually, all or our games are recorded and you can hear the sidelines. Sorry that you have these issues. All i can say is that all sidelines aren't like that. Our coach wouldn't stand for it and would cut a girl if the parents acted that way. Maybe you need a new coach.

Since it's all peace love rainbows lollipops and full rides for all, care to share your team? If their are no issues you should be proud to tell

Page 35 of 112 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 111 112

Link Copied to Clipboard