BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 42 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 41 42
Re: Girls 2020-8th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a YJ thing but any team that beats up on teams 20-1 has to expect everyone else watching hopes they get their asses kicked. Hard to root for teams that do that to weaker teams. Sorry

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Not a YJ thing but any team that beats up on teams 20-1 has to expect everyone else watching hopes they get their asses kicked. Hard to root for teams that do that to weaker teams. Sorry

Those games suck on both sides. If the winning team has girls playing in different positions, using their off hands, making 5 passes or more before they shoot, what else do you want them to do. Is there no blame on the club director of the losing team for putting his/her team in that situation? Is it always the responsibility of the better team to throw the ball in a circle for 20 minutes? Everyone pays money to be in these tournaments. If the team can work on things to improve and that leads to goals, what else can they do? 20-1 games happen sometimes. It doesn't mean the winning team was necessarily being classless.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To be precise, YJ was 3-1 against Hero's last year. That was there only loss. They split games at M&D tournament and won pool play and final at Lax for the Cure. Expect lots of competitive games moving forward.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
no disrespect was intended on my previous post and was not thumping my chest. YJ has a great team and always will. it is always great to play good competitive teams, then you can gauge how good your team really is. i believe Heros 2020 split with YJ winning the m & d tournament and losing to YJ in the championship game at Lax for the cure. By the way Heros 2020 added 3 girls and none were from Bitmore.

I believe Heroes green and YJ Curcio played 3 times last year with YJ taking 2 of the 3 . Each game was highly competitive and obviously should be so again .Those two teams are going to be involved in some great games in the future.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Those games suck on both sides. If the winning team has girls playing in different positions, using their off hands, making 5 passes or more before they shoot, what else do you want them to do. Is there no blame on the club director of the losing team for putting his/her team in that situation? Is it always the responsibility of the better team to throw the ball in a circle for 20 minutes? Everyone pays money to be in these tournaments. If the team can work on things to improve and that leads to goals, what else can they do? 20-1 games happen sometimes. It doesn't mean the winning team was necessarily being classless.

If anyone had 4 or more goals your argument doesn't hold water and in travel games mom and dad always say go to goal so I am betting the studs racked up a bunch of points before passing it around. Coach knows in the first 5 minutes what type of game it is going to be. No excuses

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If anyone had 4 or more goals your argument doesn't hold water and in travel games mom and dad always say go to goal so I am betting the studs racked up a bunch of points before passing it around. Coach knows in the first 5 minutes what type of game it is going to be. No excuses

In our game this weekend that ended up 19-1, 14 girls scored. Including everyone that usually plays defense and doesn't usually get the opportunity. We have been in games where our goalies play attack and have scored. Not sure what else you want to coaches to do.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ won 3 out of 4 last year against Heros and were 4-0 vs M&D. Heros games were very competitive. Less so against M&D.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJs also beat Legacy 8-5 And TG 3-2

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In our game this weekend that ended up 19-1, 14 girls scored. Including everyone that usually plays defense and doesn't usually get the opportunity. We have been in games where our goalies play attack and have scored. Not sure what else you want to coaches to do.

What about shoot at goalie and work on transition from D to O. Doesn't have to be keep away. But we know, you paid for travel, your kid is a stud, and they shouldn't give out trophies for 2nd place so beat down 12 and 13 year overmatched girls

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]YJs also beat Legacy 8-5 And TG 3-2

The Legacy game was not as close as the score would indicate

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJs also beat Legacy 8-5 And TG 3-2

And your point is???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]YJs also beat Legacy 8-5 And TG 3-2

The Legacy game was not as close as the score would indicate

true...Legacy went up 3-0 and was a tie 4-4 at half

not bad for first big game together

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't ask

Not sure what that means. They lost to a very good Hero's team their first game. The field was slick and there was a lot of slipping and sliding. Goalie was great, kept them in the game but they couldn't transition the ball down the field and score. The other three games they won by a margin of 15 points or more each.

wasn't the other team playing on the same field?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Don't ask

Not sure what that means. They lost to a very good Hero's team their first game. The field was slick and there was a lot of slipping and sliding. Goalie was great, kept them in the game but they couldn't transition the ball down the field and score. The other three games they won by a margin of 15 points or more each. [/

Was this even the full Curcio team or a mix of girls from the 4 2020 teams? I know the 2021 team was a mixture and got handled 14-6 by M&D. Can't expect a mixed team to come down and compete with Hero's Green.

This is why the roster needs to be capped at 18 field players and two goalies. F&F and the bottom half of the roster will kill you in tight games

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ won 3 out of 4 last year against Heros and were 4-0 vs M&D. Heros games were very competitive. Less so against M&D.

That's because the M&D kids are now on heros!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The jealousy of the top team in the country is so transparent. First I know that in 9 out of 10 games they play ,playing time is equal, in that other game some kids do play more than others but all get in.Second ,the team will be so stacked this year that equal playing time will almost be a given as I do not see too many teams that are going to keep it close .Third, the reason they do not want to switch to another club at this point they are the only true A level team left on Long Island .The next closest thing is a new club that essentially has been built upon disgruntled B team players ( I believe they will easily be the second best team in age group on LI this year as their coach is very good).Where would you want them to go to Liberty, Elevate,who are non competitive, or go to TG who now has a team that will be awful. If you want to go to Towson or Hofstra then TG is definitely the place to go as 14 of the last 25 commitments are to one of those schools.

Guess without our better players we are only happy b team players and parents. It's idiots like you who ruin it for everyone else.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's because the M&D kids are now on heros!

OK. Those kids were cut. They didn't leave by choice.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The jealousy of the top team in the country is so transparent. First I know that in 9 out of 10 games they play ,playing time is equal, in that other game some kids do play more than others but all get in.Second ,the team will be so stacked this year that equal playing time will almost be a given as I do not see too many teams that are going to keep it close .Third, the reason they do not want to switch to another club at this point they are the only true A level team left on Long Island .The next closest thing is a new club that essentially has been built upon disgruntled B team players ( I believe they will easily be the second best team in age group on LI this year as their coach is very good).Where would you want them to go to Liberty, Elevate,who are non competitive, or go to TG who now has a team that will be awful. If you want to go to Towson or Hofstra then TG is definitely the place to go as 14 of the last 25 commitments are to one of those schools.

Guess without our better players we are only happy b team players and parents. It's idiots like you who ruin it for everyone else.

Little early in the day to be hitting the sauce. Exactly what has you so angry ? Do you think you are better than the B team moniker ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Little early in the day to be hitting the sauce. Exactly what has you so angry ? Do you think you are better than the B team moniker ?

You do. We lost to hero's without 2 of our better players and you seem to think we have the greatest group ever assembled. Truth is without key players all WE are are BTEAM parents too. Wake up. We will win on the backs of a few kids. That's the truth. Deal with it. Just because our kids on blue doesn't mean anything. People know who can play and who can't. Just ride the wave like everyone else and hope our kids get looks from schools. No need to try and put people down.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sounds like the "cut players" are in a better place. Also with the heros additions should do well for the forseeable future.the reason YJ and Heros are so competitive they play a similar style of game(tough physical) willing to bang not whine.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sounds like the "cut players" are in a better place. Also with the heros additions should do well for the forseeable future.the reason YJ and Heros are so competitive they play a similar style of game(tough physical) willing to bang not whine.

Not sure what you mean by "better place". If I had to choose between playing for a MIAA varsity coach at M&D and the Heros 2020 coaches I know which I would choose. What was the record between the two teams last spring/summer? Pretty sure M&D still won more.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
keep drinking the black and red kool aid. that same team that you speak of in the MIAA got spanked by a PUBLIC school in carroll county last year which ended up being ranked #2 in the nation Manchester Valley. i think the score was 19 or 20 to 5, cant remember but whos counting. I doubt the coach is going to make too much of a difference. i also remember a drubbing 19-2 she took at the hands of Century another PUBLIC school that was nationally ranked at the time a few years ago. By the way the Heros coach check her bio at University of Maryland before you pop off . She was quite the lax star where she played for 4 years and even a better coach!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
keep drinking the black and red kool aid. that same team that you speak of in the MIAA got spanked by a PUBLIC school in carroll county last year which ended up being ranked #2 in the nation Manchester Valley. i think the score was 19 or 20 to 5, cant remember but whos counting. I doubt the coach is going to make too much of a difference. i also remember a drubbing 19-2 she took at the hands of Century another PUBLIC school that was nationally ranked at the time a few years ago. By the way the Heros coach check her bio at University of Maryland before you pop off . She was quite the lax star where she played for 4 years and even a better coach!

You are also talking about the MIAA school that was up on McDonogh with 4 minutes left in the championship game and lost by one. You are also talking about a coach that has won public school state championships at two different schools. I'm pretty sure she is going to do just fine at RPCS.

I'll take that resume over someone that was a "great player at Maryland" any day. BTW, my kid's not on M&D 2020. I would always choose an established coach over a "great former player". You don't need to have been a great player to be a great coach.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
great to see..Maryland parents are every bit as douchey as Long Island parents when it comes to girls lax...awesome...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This might be the best post of the year. Of course it was overlooked by most of the delusional parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by anonomous
great to see..Maryland parents are every bit as douchey as Long Island parents when it comes to girls lax...awesome...

Why travel Lacrosse parents are hated in al 50 states...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well Said!

You do. We lost to hero's without 2 of our better players and you seem to think we have the greatest group ever assembled. Truth is without key players all WE are are BTEAM parents too. Wake up. We will win on the backs of a few kids. That's the truth. Deal with it. Just because our kids on blue doesn't mean anything. People know who can play and who can't. Just ride the wave like everyone else and hope our kids get looks from schools. No need to try and put people down.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
there is not another "team" sport where parents could care less about the teams success, if their daughter is not the star, than travel lax...it has spawned a generation of "me first" kids and worse, parents who live and die with their child's success on a lax field. Unfortunately we are ALL guilty of being those parents and anyone who says differently is an outright liar..it is really shameful when folks turn to berating kids or coaches on a lax website...maybe we do need President Bernie Sanders to make college free so we can all stop drinking the scholarship Kool-Aid...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
there is not another "team" sport where parents could care less about the teams success, if their daughter is not the star, than travel lax...it has spawned a generation of "me first" kids and worse, parents who live and die with their child's success on a lax field. Unfortunately we are ALL guilty of being those parents and anyone who says differently is an outright liar..it is really shameful when folks turn to berating kids or coaches on a lax website...maybe we do need President Bernie Sanders to make college free so we can all stop drinking the scholarship Kool-Aid...

Couldn't agree more. In our town if you aren't playing travel lax you are shunned and if you stick it out the ball never seems to find you. I have been hearing about recruiting and commiting on our PAL sideline since the 3rd GRADE! Some kids just want to play and the selfish play of the girls looking for the early verbal is driving kids away in droves. You hear very little about any of this INDIVIDUAL nonsense on any other sport sideline. Lacrosse sidelines are toxic and its a shame because it is a great sport being ruined by bad parents and selfish me first play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lacrosse growing? Not in our town - Baseball, Softball, Basketball, Football, Soccer, Volleyball all with more teams. Why do you think that is? Maybe we should start forcing some passing in 1st, 2nd and 3rd grade. Nobody cares that your daughter scores 10 except her parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lacrosse growing? Not in our town - Baseball, Softball, Basketball, Football, Soccer, Volleyball all with more teams. Why do you think that is? Maybe we should start forcing some passing in 1st, 2nd and 3rd grade. Nobody cares that your daughter scores 10 except her parents.

Where do you live , I want to move there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If Curcio was there things would have been different.
PAL at its best!!!!

Is Curcio still coaching the BLUE team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]If Curcio was there things would have been different.
PAL at its best!!!!

Is Curcio still coaching the BLUE team

She's renegotiating her contract after this weekends debacle

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]If Curcio was there things would have been different.
PAL at its best!!!!

Would be smart to dip those really short arms into her wildly deep pockets. Heard the 2025 coach hire blew up the pay structure and many want a well deserved bump

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]If Curcio was there things would have been different.
PAL at its best!!!!

Would be smart to dip those really short arms into her wildly deep pockets. Heard the 2025 coach hire blew up the pay structure and many want a well deserved bump [/quote

Please ,some of these coaches would do it for free. They make thousands doing private lessons and promoting kids to teams they do not belong on. Don't forget the fringe benefits like free meals at restaurants because the owner already pays for lessons but needs to secure his kids spot, or the coach who shows up early and stays late setting up the tents to secure his kids spots ,heard that coach was not even at tryouts, my guess is he was in the parking lot detailing the queens car. Pathetic, at some point these parents have to realize to just let their kids ability speak for themselves.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Couldn't agree more. In our town if you aren't playing travel lax you are shunned and if you stick it out the ball never seems to find you. I have been hearing about recruiting and commiting on our PAL sideline since the 3rd GRADE! Some kids just want to play and the selfish play of the girls looking for the early verbal is driving kids away in droves. You hear very little about any of this INDIVIDUAL nonsense on any other sport sideline. Lacrosse sidelines are toxic and its a shame because it is a great sport being ruined by bad parents and selfish me first play.

Sing it brother or sister... sing it. I'd love to think some parents would start policing the [lacrosse] bag parents... but I doubt it. At some point I just know I'm going to get to watch a quality beatdown on the sidelines.... some canvas belted loafer wearing loudmouth who forgets that other kid's parents are right next to him and the crap he is spewing is going to get his vineyard vines polo pulled over his head like a hockey jersey... and let the windmilling start.

Kidding aside, the parents are getting worse and worse every year.
Just cheer your kid on or STFU

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
and not to belabor my point but think about this...go to any HS/AAU Football or Baseball or Basketball game and watch the stands when a team does something cool like score a nice touchdown/basket or make a great play on defense..the whole crowd gets into it and cheers..now watch the sidelines during your kids travel lax game...how many folks actually ever cheer for someone besides their own kids success?...maybe its because they pay buku $$ and think it entitles them to be selfish and narcissistic about their kids...watch what happens when their son/daughter gets the ball in the open field..how many "go to goal" or "shoot" shouts do you hear?...imagine if a kid got a rebound in basketball and the mom/dad was screaming to drive the length of the court for a shot..it would sound [lacrosse]..in Lax its almost expected...such a shame..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
and not to belabor my point but think about this...go to any HS/AAU Football or Baseball or Basketball game and watch the stands when a team does something cool like score a nice touchdown/basket or make a great play on defense..the whole crowd gets into it and cheers..now watch the sidelines during your kids travel lax game...how many folks actually ever cheer for someone besides their own kids success?...maybe its because they pay buku $$ and think it entitles them to be selfish and narcissistic about their kids...watch what happens when their son/daughter gets the ball in the open field..how many "go to goal" or "shoot" shouts do you hear?...imagine if a kid got a rebound in basketball and the mom/dad was screaming to drive the length of the court for a shot..it would sound [lacrosse]..in Lax its almost expected...such a shame..

Couldn't agree more. Everyone cringes when someone other than their kid scores in lacrosse. This BS recruiting has ruined the game. But the parents of those skilled kids care less about everyone else. Here is the stock answer - Get on the wall if you cant keep up. I'm not going to apologize for my kid being so talented. What they don't understand is that we would all love to cheer for them like we do in football or basketball but when we are up by 10 pass the freakin ball and be a GOOD TEAMMATE!

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Couldn't agree more. Everyone cringes when someone other than their kid scores in lacrosse. This BS recruiting has ruined the game. But the parents of those skilled kids care less about everyone else. Here is the stock answer - Get on the wall if you cant keep up. I'm not going to apologize for my kid being so talented. What they don't understand is that we would all love to cheer for them like we do in football or basketball but when we are up by 10 pass the freakin ball and be a GOOD TEAMMATE!

I cheer for every kid on the field and can only hope it has some level of contagiousness. The sick thing is that when I see an amazing play by someone on the other team I may even DARE to utter 'good play' aloud to the opposing player. What sacrilege I suppose. I don't care what other parents think... if they think I'm an a-hole for rooting for their kid and others, so be it. To quote a fine reverend: If loving the lord is right, I don't want to be wrong.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like you are with the wrong club. My daughter's team is one of the most successful there is and they share the ball and parents cheer for all the girls. If any parent dared yell at their daughter to go to the goal there would be [lacrosse] to pay.

Page 13 of 42 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 41 42

Link Copied to Clipboard