BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,835
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 69 of 128 1 2 67 68 69 70 71 127 128
Re: Crabs Lacrosse / Baltimore Lacrosse Club
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Take for what is worth, those were just my opinions. My other opinion is early recruiting can blow up and blow out as quickly as it came about in the recent couple of years. 8th graders should not be thinking about choosing a college, and lacrosse is a bad excuse to use to compel them to or to let a club lacrosse guy compel you to do as a parent. If your son is now a 2020 and he emerges as a star as a HS junior, he won't be the only one and I am sure the current state will unsettle to correct things so that top kids have great opportunities. That is just what I think and no guarantee, but I have a hard time believing coaches won't follow their best interests at all times. Have a little faith and emphasize that the best statistical chance a kid has to go to Hopkins is to be a STUDENT that they would admit without lacrosse.

Of course what I write doesn't comport with the recipe that club owners put your way to follow. I find it really disturbing to read that the keys to the kingdom are some fall tournament for 2020s where half interested coaches are watching 20 minute running halves of sloppy club fall ball. Sure, the coaches are there and watching and sure if your son stands out maybe you'll get a visit out of it...but I don't believe I am wrong to write that most of the recruiting determinations on what kids club owners are going to push have been made before the games are played and seen by the NCAA coaches. A friend of mine who was an assistant at Princeton before leaving last year for health reasons recently told me it is now the Wild West...coaches freely admit they know little to nothing about the young recruits and have no idea if these bets will be good ones or terrible ones in the next few years. But remember -- they can fix it by backing away from your son, changing the deal, suggesting you look at other options, etc. Believe me, it is already happening. Some kids local to you in Baltimore didn't get into the Ivy they "committed" to because later on the coach just didn't support the application. Easy out. It sucks, but just be aware and acknowledge it. And try to let your kids have some fun. Urge the fun side of it.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks 2020 10-1 over MadLax today at Landon. Hawks have some new players including a face off kid. Tough D.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax 2020 is also terrible.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks 2019 over mad lax 7-5

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Madlax Orange?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cabel screaming like a whittle baby on the sideline. Love to see that guy lose. He and Ryan are like peas in a pod.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That faceoff kid is going to give everyone trouble.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That faceoff kid is going to give everyone trouble.
The Hawks 2020 face off kid is very good!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well, some pretty dug in Crabs dads out on the 'ole internet today. My son played at an Ivy and didn't play club lacrosse save for summers, and not for Crabs, and played on a Maryland public school high school team. He was a very good student and quite honestly was likely the last recruit in his class, and that he was such a great student and had a high AI which brought the AI average for the recruiting class up, he was most welcomed by the coaches as a junior...which was "too late". You don't need to do the list of must do's pounded into stone and carried down the mountain from your club lacrosse coach. I pick on Ryan McClernan for selling this lunacy to parents, and the only place where that is unfair is he is in a herd of all the same guy doing it to club lacrosse parents all over now.

But don't listen to me. I am not an expert. My son was not an early recruit. My son was not IL or RR ranked as a recruit. We didn't go or get invited to Jake Reed. But he did play a lot and had a great time in his college academic and athletic career, and now he is in a very good graduate school program

Unfortunately the youth lacrosse scene has changed significantly since your son went through his youth programs. Club is really all that is left for competitive lacrosse, Tex doesn't offer that any longer. The travel rec player now was your in house kid 3 years ago.

What your son was able to accomplish through the roughy he took, wouldn't happen today. Rec programs today don't offer the level of play as club.

I wish the movement didn't go in the direction of club, I thought the Maryland rec lax programs weren't broken and were very competitive, but the movement went club and we are now stuck paying four times what we would be paying for rec lacrosse so our kids stay competitive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cabel screaming like a whittle baby on the sideline. Love to see that guy lose. He and Ryan are like peas in a pod.

Nobody is a worse role model than the Madlax guy or is more disliked. He isbin a class all by himself.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax 2020 is also terrible.

Break it down for us.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is surprising but the Hawks always play Madlax well. Will they see each other again this Fall tournament schedule? Madlax added 7 new players and has a little larger roster this fall then normal. I would like to hear a better game break down?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Appeared to me in the 2020 game that Madlax was not as talented. Hawks faceoff guy had a yellow helmet which looked like a Crabs helmet without the decals. He was good - won the majority of FOs. Hawks's D was impressive - lots of turnovers. Not a great game for Madlax - they were overmatched. Their coach is yeller - wow!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks 2020 will get tested at Philly Fall event at the Hill. Saw on instagram they play legacy, looney's and mesa. Ouch

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ouch - that is rough. Crabs there too?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Appeared to me in the 2020 game that Madlax was not as talented. Hawks faceoff guy had a yellow helmet which looked like a Crabs helmet without the decals. He was good - won the majority of FOs. Hawks's D was impressive - lots of turnovers. Not a great game for Madlax - they were overmatched. Their coach is yeller - wow!

Break down the 2019 game also

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only saw the end of it - looked competitive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No

This is your right as a USA citizen to say NO. Have a nice day and I hope your wife is nicer to you tonight and you can come back with a better attitude.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is surprising but the Hawks always play Madlax well. Will they see each other again this Fall tournament schedule? Madlax added 7 new players and has a little larger roster this fall then normal. I would like to hear a better game break down?
Madlax 2019 had several starters not present (Hopkins Commit/Attack and Maryland Commit/Midfield) and another out with injured knee. I think those 3 players are enough of an impact that the game would have been quite different score wise)... Hawks goalie was very good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Madlax 2019 had several starters not present (Hopkins Commit/Attack and Maryland Commit/Midfield) and another out with injured knee. I think those 3 players are enough of an impact that the game would have been quite different score wise)... Hawks goalie was very good.

Everyone is missing guys in the fall due to injuries, etc. Stop making pathetic excuses.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whatever, fact. Madlax was missing 1/2 its top guys-- committed kids, college visits, recruiting camps. Will be strong in November.
Nice job by Hawks, great effort in the win

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Everyone is missing guys in the fall due to injuries, etc. Stop making pathetic excuses.

I was asking for a break down. and he gave me one. Pathetic excuse is not fair or correct. All you had to do was stat the amount of players your team was down for this game. No one from the Madlax camp says the Hawks are a bad or not top club or team. I have never heard any Madlax person say they bad about the Hawks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fall results are never reliable. Guys are always hurt, doing other sports, out of town, etc. You can draw any conclusion from any game.

LOL at the Madlax dad for coming up with an excuse. If a team lost, they lost.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fall results are never reliable. Guys are always hurt, doing other sports, out of town, etc. You can draw any conclusion from any game.

Summer is just as bad with guest players, national teams, and kids out for vacations. A win is a win and a loss is a loss regardless of when it happens. Stop with the excuses.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Summer is just as bad with guest players, national teams, and kids out for vacations. A win is a win and a loss is a loss regardless of when it happens. Stop with the excuses.

My comment wasn't an excuse it was an opinion as was my opinion regarding the Hawks goalie - big kid with quick hands and who made great decisions with his passes. He played the entire game. The madlax starting goalie played the first half and sat the 2nd to allow a backup goalie playing time and experience. Madlax did lose. In my opinion they likely would have won with the 3 offensive horses that were not present. And if Hawks were missing key players and who would have been able to play then I have no opinion because I have no idea how good those players would be. My opinion based on watching the game and knowing the abilities of the missing Madlax players is that the result would have been very different all other things the same.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Correct sir and how many Hawks on the 2019 club Verbal to a D 1 school yet. Madlax 3 Hawks 0 a loss is a loss

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Correct sir and how many Hawks on the 2019 club Verbal to a D 1 school yet. Madlax 3 Hawks 0 a loss is a loss

Verbal agreement doesn't mean you made the team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'd say it's better than a sharp stick in the eye, or at least better than not having a commitment.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'd say it's better than a sharp stick in the eye, or at least better than not having a commitment.

Well because the rule says you can not sign tell you are older. And I bet the Madlax Parents and players will take 21 Verbals over 21 sunday scrimmage wins over the Hawks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Eligibility Rules - United States Teams
1.All players must be born on or after 5/1/2002.
2.All players must be in the Class of 2021 or later.
3.All players must compete with their team on a regular basis. Players can not be added only to participate in the World Series.
4.No player may compete, or be rostered, on more than one team during the tournament.
5.All players must reside within 100 miles of the home field of their program.
6.All teams must carry between 18-24 players.
7.All players will be required to provide a copy of their birth certificate, proof of residency (report card or school identification card) and verification of health insurance that is accepted in the United States.
8.All players must participate with their team/program on a regular basis. Players are not to be added only for the World Series.
9.Any team in violation of the above roster rules will forfeit all games in which the ineligible player has participated, forfeit any opportunity to advance to the playoffs and forfeit any accolades or titles received by the team.

Eligibility Rules - Canadian Teams
2.No player may compete, or be rostered, on more than one team during the tournament.
3.All players must reside within 200 miles of the home field of their program.
Put this in the Long Island thread and also wanted to enlighten the folks in Maryland and Virginia. These are the eligibility rules for the World Series of Lacrosse. Please note that the Canadian rules don't state a graduation year because typically children in Canada enter school a year earlier. Therefore when our boys say they are in grade nine and your's are in grade 8 that doesn't mean they are older by a year. Adrenaline lacrosse and in fact most tournaments acknowledge this. The Edge 2019 2020 teams heard lots of verbal commentary over this at the crabs and nscla event this summer but here's proff we weren't breaking any age rules.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3.All players must compete with their team on a regular basis. Players can not be added only to participate in the World Series.
4.No player may compete, or be rostered, on more than one team during the tournament.
7.All players will be required to provide a copy of their birth certificate, proof of residency (report card or school identification card) and verification of health insurance that is accepted in the United States.
8.All players must participate with their team/program on a regular basis. Players are not to be added only for the World Series.
9.Any team in violation of the above roster rules will forfeit all games in which the ineligible player has participated, forfeit any opportunity to advance to the playoffs and forfeit any accolades or titles received by the team.

2.No player may compete, or be rostered, on more than one team during the tournament.
Put this in the Long Island thread and also wanted to enlighten the folks in Maryland and Virginia. These are the eligibility rules for the World Series of Lacrosse. Please note that the Canadian rules don't state a graduation year because typically children in Canada enter school a year earlier. Therefore when our boys say they are in grade nine and your's are in grade 8 that doesn't mean they are older by a year. Adrenaline lacrosse and in fact most tournaments acknowledge this. The Edge 2019 2020 teams heard lots of verbal commentary over this at the crabs and nscla event this summer but here's proff we weren't breaking any age rules.
You are right, absolutely makes it ok

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are right, absolutely makes it ok

Finally - rules everyone can live with. This board will be awfully quiet not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs complaining about age - ha

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well because the rule says you can not sign tell you are older. And I bet the Madlax Parents and players will take 21 Verbals over 21 sunday scrimmage wins over the Hawks.

Madlax parents are so weird. And they have more hold backs than the Crabs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

the 2019 team says your players must be born in 2000. Our kids playing 2019 are mostly born in 2001 with the exception of Fall birthdays that make the cut on certain dates, not 2000. I did see you have a 2001 team- which matches up with our 2019 kids. Clearly, the birth ages are stretched along the way to accommodate the older kids in the older teams. I suspect all the issues you encountered might not have been unfounded.

If you are so sure that the US families are in the wrong, bring your birth certificates to prove that your kids are of the same age. It would be very simple and would shut down the accusers.

A generous cut off system like the one used at the WSYL would make all these issues go away and the sport would be that much better off.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How was the VLC v Crabs showdown yesterday?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 2021 game was a blowout. Not sure what is going on down there in VA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I will tell you what is going on in VA, Everyone thinks they know more then the next guy. We only have talent for two top teams in Northern VA. So until the parents wise up and pick VLC or Madlax we will still be getting killed by the hotbed towns over and over again. The other clubs in Northern Va have 3 or 4 kids that should be playing High level lacrosse but the parents think they are smarter then the system. News flash you are not pick on of the top two programs and suck it up and make your kid earn a spot and playing time it will be better for him in the long run.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not necessary. Considering VLC Blue Crabs and Baltimore Crabs are under the same organizational ownership and we are "brother" clubs, let me try and answer the question a bit more appropriately. Crabs 2021 is definitely a bigger, stronger, and much more skilled and disciplined team than VLC 2021 - it was a blowout for sure, I lost count but VLC only scored one and Crabs were somewhere up in the 20s. VLC defense simply could not stick with Crabs offense, and the Crabs boys never quit moving, passing, cutting and shooting - at a ratio of probably 20-1 - VLC 2021 was outmatched for certain. Crabs 2021 is a very strong team, and Crabs 2020 is very likely going to be one of the top couple of teams in the country this year at 2020. The size, speed, skillset, and lax IQ on both teams is incredible, and they are going to come strong for sure - will be very difficult to beat.

Like Reply Quote
Page 69 of 128 1 2 67 68 69 70 71 127 128
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard