Rate This Thread
Page 1 of 124 1 2 3 123 124
#127956 - 07/29/15 08:36 AM Boys 2019-9th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016  
TommyM Offline
Back of THE CAGE
TommyM  Offline
Back of THE CAGE

NY
BOTC is opening our Fall 2015 through Summer 2016 thread covering the Boys 2019-9th Grade age group.

BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

#128541 - 08/02/15 01:18 PM Re: Boys 2019-9th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016 [Re: TommyM]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Any team in need of a goalie or have any availablility af that position?

#128565 - 08/02/15 05:09 PM Re: Boys 2019-9th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016 [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Originally Posted by Anonymous

Email the clubs, no need to hit a bunch of try outs if they are not looking to replace a player. Good luck to your son.

#128568 - 08/02/15 06:12 PM Re: Boys 2019-9th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016 [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

What level is he? A/B?

#128664 - 08/03/15 02:21 PM Re: Boys 2019-9th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016 [Re: TommyM]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

In all seriousness how many 2019s will be committed by late fall? Crazy to think at least 50 I think.

Sponsored Links
#128669 - 08/03/15 02:33 PM Re: Boys 2019-9th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016 [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

In all seriousness how many 2019s will be committed by late fall? Crazy to think at least 50 I think.

Can anyone explain exactly what the "commitment" means? I know it isn't binding on either party but is there at least a verbal understating of what grades and test scores will be required of the student and what scholarship money, if any the player will receive?

#128685 - 08/03/15 04:30 PM Re: Boys 2019-9th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016 [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Email the clubs, no need to hit a bunch of try outs if they are not looking to replace a player. Good luck to your son.

I do think tryouts are a good way to get some good work in. Always a good way to et to know the other teams coaches. I always told my son to look at them like clinics.

#129105 - 08/07/15 05:49 PM Re: Boys 2019-9th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016 [Re: TommyM]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

With many new teams popping up, does it pay to have my son play for a club as a freshman or just figure it out during the spring, registering him to play in showcases and send him to camps? He will be playing on his HS team as a freshman playing varsity.

No snide comments needed. Thank you in advance for guidance.

#129131 - 08/07/15 11:28 PM Re: Boys 2019-9th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016 [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

With many new teams popping up, does it pay to have my son play for a club as a freshman or just figure it out during the spring, registering him to play in showcases and send him to camps? He will be playing on his HS team as a freshman playing varsity.

Depends on the HS

#129133 - 08/08/15 05:47 AM Re: Boys 2019-9th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016 [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

If he is playing varsity for a top team then I wouldn't worry but if he plays for a small school it won't carry much weight..my guess is less then 10 kids will be playing varsity as freshman and I doubt any are at big schools

Sponsored Links
#129188 - 08/08/15 10:55 PM Re: Boys 2019-9th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016 [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

If he is playing varsity for a top team then I wouldn't worry but if he plays for a small school it won't carry much weight..my guess is less then 10 kids will be playing varsity as freshman and I doubt any are at big schools

Since there were 6 8th graders that played varsity last year I'd say there maybe upwards of 20-25 freshman playing varsity. Some may surprise you. Some may surprise you half will be on playoff teams.

#129189 - 08/08/15 11:01 PM Re: Boys 2019-9th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016 [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Augment school with travel if he is a committed driven player. Rising Soph should play with their HS team whenever possible. But will giving up travel and doing school only be enough. Ask a coach from the college your interested in. If he isn't at that stage then there is your answer.

#129204 - 08/09/15 09:50 AM Re: Boys 2019-9th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016 [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Since there were 6 8th graders that played varsity last year I'd say there maybe upwards of 20-25 freshman playing varsity. Some may surprise you. Some may surprise you half will be on playoff teams.

I didn't know there we're that many . how did they did?..was there a need for them to play up?

#129262 - 08/09/15 11:23 PM Re: Boys 2019-9th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016 [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

I didn't know there we're that many . how did they did?..was there a need for them to play up?

yes for most. Good thing was they all made the most of their time. That is all you can ask.

#129264 - 08/10/15 05:36 AM Re: Boys 2019-9th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016 [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

yes for most. Good thing was they all made the most of their time. That is all you can ask.

So my guess is that they didn't start for their Varsity teams which is what I thought..just not sure if it's safe to play Varsity in 8th grade without the risk of getting hurt

Page 1 of 124 1 2 3 123 124

TOURNAMENTS/SHOWCASES
Harding Battle by the Bay
Harding Summer Sunset
Andy Forsberg Memorial Lacrosse Tournament
JC17 Memorial Shootout for Dreams
New York Lacrosse Academy Boy's HS Showcase
LI Girl's Showcase
LI Boy's Showcase
CAMPS & CLINICS
Girl's Shooting & Dodging Clinic w/ U. of Oregon Coach Michelle Tumolo
NOTB Boy's Box Lacrosse Training