BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 47 1 2 3 46 47
Boys 2019-9th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
BOTC is opening our Fall 2015 through Summer 2016 thread covering the Boys 2019-9th Grade age group.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2019-9th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any team in need of a goalie or have any availablility af that position?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Email the clubs, no need to hit a bunch of try outs if they are not looking to replace a player. Good luck to your son.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What level is he? A/B?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In all seriousness how many 2019s will be committed by late fall? Crazy to think at least 50 I think.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In all seriousness how many 2019s will be committed by late fall? Crazy to think at least 50 I think.

Can anyone explain exactly what the "commitment" means? I know it isn't binding on either party but is there at least a verbal understating of what grades and test scores will be required of the student and what scholarship money, if any the player will receive?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Email the clubs, no need to hit a bunch of try outs if they are not looking to replace a player. Good luck to your son.

I do think tryouts are a good way to get some good work in. Always a good way to et to know the other teams coaches. I always told my son to look at them like clinics.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With many new teams popping up, does it pay to have my son play for a club as a freshman or just figure it out during the spring, registering him to play in showcases and send him to camps? He will be playing on his HS team as a freshman playing varsity.

No snide comments needed. Thank you in advance for guidance.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With many new teams popping up, does it pay to have my son play for a club as a freshman or just figure it out during the spring, registering him to play in showcases and send him to camps? He will be playing on his HS team as a freshman playing varsity.

Depends on the HS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If he is playing varsity for a top team then I wouldn't worry but if he plays for a small school it won't carry much weight..my guess is less then 10 kids will be playing varsity as freshman and I doubt any are at big schools

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If he is playing varsity for a top team then I wouldn't worry but if he plays for a small school it won't carry much weight..my guess is less then 10 kids will be playing varsity as freshman and I doubt any are at big schools

Since there were 6 8th graders that played varsity last year I'd say there maybe upwards of 20-25 freshman playing varsity. Some may surprise you. Some may surprise you half will be on playoff teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Augment school with travel if he is a committed driven player. Rising Soph should play with their HS team whenever possible. But will giving up travel and doing school only be enough. Ask a coach from the college your interested in. If he isn't at that stage then there is your answer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Since there were 6 8th graders that played varsity last year I'd say there maybe upwards of 20-25 freshman playing varsity. Some may surprise you. Some may surprise you half will be on playoff teams.

I didn't know there we're that many . how did they did?..was there a need for them to play up?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I didn't know there we're that many . how did they did?..was there a need for them to play up?

yes for most. Good thing was they all made the most of their time. That is all you can ask.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

yes for most. Good thing was they all made the most of their time. That is all you can ask.

So my guess is that they didn't start for their Varsity teams which is what I thought..just not sure if it's safe to play Varsity in 8th grade without the risk of getting hurt

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So my guess is that they didn't start for their Varsity teams which is what I thought..just not sure if it's safe to play Varsity in 8th grade without the risk of getting hurt

In hind sight playing varsity was a smart move but was the best move for our son. I think there are a variety of things that you need to know before allow you son to play.

1). Do not over look the Physical nature of the game. The refs single out the player in the pregame line up at mid field. Letting the other teams know or some of the teams figure out there are younger kids. Some DB kids will go after them. That needs to be changed.

2). It is a time commitment I am sure those kids played travel and it takes its toll and is draining. 9th grade grades mean a ton.

3). for pete's sake it is draining and all but don't stop working out and running. This separates the committed.

4). Starting isn't a be all end all. Time in and quality time in does. Coming out of the box, playing LSM, getting on man up. Heck even non Quality time (especially for goalies).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
for the 2019 age group is the LI Sting a travel team? or a showcase team?

who are the coaches and do they practice regularly?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sting has a boys team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sting has a boys team?

LI Sting has been around longer than any other LI travel team. They have a huge list of recruits. They tend to focus on Ivy, NESCAC and higher academic D1 and D3 schools. For the player that is already very good, their focus is on College recruiting and they play in many of the Best tournaments. Visit their website, all information available. If your son can play and has a burning desire to get recruited, it might be worth a look see.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why haven't we seen these guys at any tournaments

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
LI Outlaws Update
Due to extremely large Sign ups we have added a 2016 try Out next Tuesday(Aug 18th) at 530 at Stimson Middle School- we will be fielding 3 Teams at this age group.
Thanks, PB 631-553-0771 with any questions

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Uncle Johns band
LI Outlaws Update
Due to extremely large Sign ups we have added a 2016 try Out next Tuesday(Aug 18th) at 530 at Stimson Middle School- we will be fielding 3 Teams at this age group.

Please post this in the tryouts thread as well.

Thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who says they are all going to play for Outlaws...many boys tryout for some clubs like a cheap clinic...Please 3 teams going into Sr year...HA!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is the 2019 thread not 2016..

Originally Posted by Larry LarryMiller
Originally Posted by Uncle Johns band
LI Outlaws Update

Please post this in the tryouts thread as well.

Thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He means spring / summer of 2016. Are you that stupid ?

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Sorry for confusion , 2019 Team has added a try out this Tuesday(Aug 18th) at Stimson Middle school(530).
THANKS PB

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
for the 2019 age group is the LI Sting a travel team? or a showcase team?

who are the coaches and do they practice regularly?

How many show case teams are there for 2019

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why haven't we seen these guys at any tournaments

Call the director, you'll get all the info you need. Not a program that focuses on winning tee shirts. They focus on college recruiting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
well there should be spots open, last year they lost several of their best players and I am assuming the feedback will definitely start to circulate. don't just go by what the program tells you, go by the feedback and history of the teams and program

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
well there should be spots open, last year they lost several of their best players and I am assuming the feedback will definitely start to circulate. don't just go by what the program tells you, go by the feedback and history of the teams and program

Where does one get the feedback?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
unfortunately the feedback comes from coaches who are honest and parents of past and current players.

It is easy, all you have to do is ask and most people just speak their mind and don't worry if the feedback is positive or negative

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the best route for a good player who eventually wants to pay college but maybe not acc lax.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
4 2018 holdbacks were at Express str yours last nigt in this age group. Harder and harder for on age kids to find a spot

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's starting here on Long Island now? Pathetic!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was at the tryout and if there were holdbacks there they didn't stand out. That's for sure.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was at the tryout and if there were holdbacks there they didn't stand out. That's for sure.

Gotta lI've that! Ahh, the irony. You think you are helping your kid, but in fact you put more pressure on him and everyone is snickering about your cheating behind your back!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
4 2018 holdbacks were at Express str yours last nigt in this age group. Harder and harder for on age kids to find a spot

4 holdback shouldn't make it hard. If there were 4 spots and 8 players vying for those spots then perhaps, but with 120 players trying out 4 holdbacks is less then 4%, really not a game changer

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really ? 120 kids

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is coaching the Outlaws 2019 AA team?

What tournys will they be attending this fall?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

4 holdback shouldn't make it hard. If there were 4 spots and 8 players vying for those spots then perhaps, but with 120 players trying out 4 holdbacks is less then 4%, really not a game changer

Let's be honest unless the express change some of the kids playing they will not get better as a team and that's ok . Just know that going in that favors take place just like any other sport. I see it in school football already this year. You have to deal with but hopefully the directors and coached see it and pick the right kids

Page 1 of 47 1 2 3 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard