Oct 23rd, 2017
SUBSCRIBE

Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#108115 - 03/25/15 11:14 AM Suffolk County Girls Lacrosse League (SCGL)  
TommyM Offline
Back of THE CAGE
TommyM  Offline
Back of THE CAGE

NY
Here you go!

Top Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

#108197 - 03/25/15 07:17 PM Re: Suffolk County Girls Lacrosse League (SCGL) [Re: TommyM]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thank you. Interesting to see how the games go this weekend. I do not know how much outdoor time many of the teams have gotten.

Top Reply Quote
#108245 - 03/26/15 05:21 AM Re: Suffolk County Girls Lacrosse League (SCGL) [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes. We are a nassau team playing our first against A traditionally ver strong Suffolk team for our first game. We've only had 3 (maybe 2) practices outside

Top Reply Quote
#108286 - 03/26/15 09:13 AM Re: Suffolk County Girls Lacrosse League (SCGL) [Re: TommyM]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

We have not had any practices outside. Scheduled on the days the weather had not cooperated. Not sure how the games will go. Have teams been able to use the school gyms.

Top Reply Quote
#108296 - 03/26/15 10:13 AM Re: Suffolk County Girls Lacrosse League (SCGL) [Re: TommyM]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

We went outside yesterday for the first time. Been lucky enough to be practicing inside for past month twice a week.

Top Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
#108550 - 03/27/15 02:54 PM Re: Suffolk County Girls Lacrosse League (SCGL) [Re: TommyM]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Westhampton vs. SWR 4th grade canceled Sunday because of field conditions. If there is a 4th grade team that has also been rescheduled and wants to play at WH please have your coordinator contact the Westhampton coordinator.

Top Reply Quote
#108640 - 03/28/15 10:43 AM Re: Suffolk County Girls Lacrosse League (SCGL) [Re: TommyM]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Can someone with half a brain cancel tomorrow's games. It is Palm Sunday for those that celebrate. Make the families lives asier

Top Reply Quote
#108676 - 03/28/15 07:12 PM Re: Suffolk County Girls Lacrosse League (SCGL) [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Can someone with half a brain cancel tomorrow's games. It is Palm Sunday for those that celebrate. Make the families lives asier

Pt. Jeff cancelled.

Top Reply Quote
#111586 - 04/21/15 07:39 AM Re: Suffolk County Girls Lacrosse League (SCGL) [Re: TommyM]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

How does this league determine an "a' schedule and "b" schedule? Do teams just register their teams as a and b teams?

Top Reply Quote
#111627 - 04/21/15 10:31 AM Re: Suffolk County Girls Lacrosse League (SCGL) [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

How does this league determine an "a' schedule and "b" schedule? Do teams just register their teams as a and b teams?

Basically, yes. The town ranks their own teams.

Top Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
#111629 - 04/21/15 10:33 AM Re: Suffolk County Girls Lacrosse League (SCGL) [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Is there a C schedule maybe there should be. That would be easier to determine sand-baggers.

B teams can play both a and c teams. This can also help figure the level for the years to come.

Which years are you commenting on?

I have seen the A teams for 2022 and 2021. I have also seen the B teams in 2022. I know there are young and each week you can get something different from different players but I think things need to be realigned and reviewed in season, especially for those teams just starting out.

Top Reply Quote
#111634 - 04/21/15 11:17 AM Re: Suffolk County Girls Lacrosse League (SCGL) [Re: TommyM]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

I wasn't referring to any specific years. I was just wondering how it was done. No complaints to follow. Over the years I have seen our team play a very different schedule every year, in the early years against towns that where not considered power house programs historically, to now when we are playing against towns with traditionally strong programs, and was wondering if it was done similar to how [lacrosse] soccer does it, where the league looks at records from the previous year and puts teams into division based on their past records.

Top Reply Quote
#111646 - 04/21/15 12:02 PM Re: Suffolk County Girls Lacrosse League (SCGL) [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Aged out now, but as of a couple years ago the scheduling was a mess with lots of blowouts. Two problems - Towns were not honest with their teams' playing levels, afraid to say they were an A team because they would rather win every game, and SCGL didn't seem to use the levels they were given, matching teams who did say they were A with B's and even C's. Unless something has changed, they don't keep track of scores or even wins and losses, so it's all based on what the Towns tell them.

Top Reply Quote
#111699 - 04/21/15 04:30 PM Re: Suffolk County Girls Lacrosse League (SCGL) [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

I wasn't referring to any specific years. I was just wondering how it was done. No complaints to follow. Over the years I have seen our team play a very different schedule every year, in the early years against towns that where not considered power house programs historically, to now when we are playing against towns with traditionally strong programs, and was wondering if it was done similar to how [lacrosse] soccer does it, where the league looks at records from the previous year and puts teams into division based on their past records.

Please do not tell me you werent referring to a year. yes you are (unless you have 4 girls in back to back years) if that was the case you would know. this is anonymous, just say the years you have girls in. honesty and your strong beliefs is the best thing we can ask for on this site.

Top Reply Quote
#111806 - 04/22/15 11:43 AM Re: Suffolk County Girls Lacrosse League (SCGL) [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

After last season, the league asked for their teams records as well as the teams' that each coach felt were the best in their division. Unfortunately I do not believe any of that info was taken into account. Many teams stayed in the B or C division to ensure a winning record. I have a lot more respect for a town that tries to challenge their kids.

Top Reply Quote
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
Image Verification

TOURNAMENTS/SHOWCASES
Harding Battle by the Bay
Harding Summer Sunset
Andy Forsberg Memorial Lacrosse Tournament
JC17 Memorial Shootout for Dreams