BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Suffolk County Girls Lacrosse League (SCGL)
B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Here you go!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Suffolk County Girls Lacrosse League (SCGL)
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you. Interesting to see how the games go this weekend. I do not know how much outdoor time many of the teams have gotten.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes. We are a nassau team playing our first against A traditionally ver strong Suffolk team for our first game. We've only had 3 (maybe 2) practices outside

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We have not had any practices outside. Scheduled on the days the weather had not cooperated. Not sure how the games will go. Have teams been able to use the school gyms.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We went outside yesterday for the first time. Been lucky enough to be practicing inside for past month twice a week.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Westhampton vs. SWR 4th grade canceled Sunday because of field conditions. If there is a 4th grade team that has also been rescheduled and wants to play at WH please have your coordinator contact the Westhampton coordinator.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone with half a brain cancel tomorrow's games. It is Palm Sunday for those that celebrate. Make the families lives asier

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Can someone with half a brain cancel tomorrow's games. It is Palm Sunday for those that celebrate. Make the families lives asier

Pt. Jeff cancelled.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does this league determine an "a' schedule and "b" schedule? Do teams just register their teams as a and b teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does this league determine an "a' schedule and "b" schedule? Do teams just register their teams as a and b teams?

Basically, yes. The town ranks their own teams.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is there a C schedule maybe there should be. That would be easier to determine sand-baggers.

B teams can play both a and c teams. This can also help figure the level for the years to come.

Which years are you commenting on?

I have seen the A teams for 2022 and 2021. I have also seen the B teams in 2022. I know there are young and each week you can get something different from different players but I think things need to be realigned and reviewed in season, especially for those teams just starting out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wasn't referring to any specific years. I was just wondering how it was done. No complaints to follow. Over the years I have seen our team play a very different schedule every year, in the early years against towns that where not considered power house programs historically, to now when we are playing against towns with traditionally strong programs, and was wondering if it was done similar to how [lacrosse] soccer does it, where the league looks at records from the previous year and puts teams into division based on their past records.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Aged out now, but as of a couple years ago the scheduling was a mess with lots of blowouts. Two problems - Towns were not honest with their teams' playing levels, afraid to say they were an A team because they would rather win every game, and SCGL didn't seem to use the levels they were given, matching teams who did say they were A with B's and even C's. Unless something has changed, they don't keep track of scores or even wins and losses, so it's all based on what the Towns tell them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wasn't referring to any specific years. I was just wondering how it was done. No complaints to follow. Over the years I have seen our team play a very different schedule every year, in the early years against towns that where not considered power house programs historically, to now when we are playing against towns with traditionally strong programs, and was wondering if it was done similar to how [lacrosse] soccer does it, where the league looks at records from the previous year and puts teams into division based on their past records.

Please do not tell me you werent referring to a year. yes you are (unless you have 4 girls in back to back years) if that was the case you would know. this is anonymous, just say the years you have girls in. honesty and your strong beliefs is the best thing we can ask for on this site.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

After last season, the league asked for their teams records as well as the teams' that each coach felt were the best in their division. Unfortunately I do not believe any of that info was taken into account. Many teams stayed in the B or C division to ensure a winning record. I have a lot more respect for a town that tries to challenge their kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does any other district have a better coach for J.V. than varsity. So frustrating!!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does any other district have a better coach for J.V. than varsity. So frustrating!!!!!!

What town are you talking about? I know some WM parents think that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

sachem

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

sachem

The sachem North coach can't seem to get a big win .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

sachem

The sachem North coach can't seem to get a big win .

But she is the one of the top Yellow Jacket coaches and her team is the best in the country?? What a joke (YJ that is). Anyone could have success with the talent that goes to them. Just more proof that YJ coaching doesn't develop their talent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes but by know the girls know how to play its not always the coach its the players that do the job!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some recent issues with the SCGL

East Islip was scheduled to host a jamboree this weekend. A jamboree. Isn't a Jamboree typically a tournament without a playoff. Okay maybe not a tournament but at least multiple - more than one - game. East Islip, what is this "event" you are hosting? How did you get to host a whole day of girls lacrosse on your fields? Not sure if there is more to it or not.

I got my team excited to play in a jamboree, a day of lacrosse filled with fun and games now we are told the team lost a home game to play one game at East Islip?

can please update the times and fields on the web site. If it is a true Jamboree maybe we would like to see some of the teams in our age or the age above us play.

We are all aware of the games that were not played the first weekend. We were just told they are being made up on Mothers day. Is it that important to rescheduled them on Mother's Day. Many families made plans for a free family day. Not all families have boys that play. Was it that important to take a family day away from the families.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

East Islip was scheduled to host a jamboree this weekend. A jamboree. Isn't a Jamboree typically a tournament without a playoff. Okay maybe not a tournament but at least multiple - more than one - game. East Islip, what is this "event" you are hosting? How did you get to host a whole day of girls lacrosse on your fields? Not sure if there is more to it or not.

I got my team excited to play in a jamboree, a day of lacrosse filled with fun and games now we are told the team lost a home game to play one game at East Islip?

can please update the times and fields on the web site. If it is a true Jamboree maybe we would like to see some of the teams in our age or the age above us play.

We are all aware of the games that were not played the first weekend. We were just told they are being made up on Mothers day. Is it that important to rescheduled them on Mother's Day. Many families made plans for a free family day. Not all families have boys that play. Was it that important to take a family day away from the families.

I totally agree with this post, and wasn't aware that the make-up games where to be played on Mother's Day. Games have been played on Mother's day in the past, but with plenty of notice. As far as I know none of the teams have been given any official notice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I totally agree with this post, and wasn't aware that the make-up games where to be played on Mother's Day. Games have been played on Mother's day in the past, but with plenty of notice. As far as I know none of the teams have been given any official notice.

As a town coordinator, I can comment on the following.

1. Jamboree. I believe that East Islip stepped up to host. Unfortunately they over estimated the number of fields that they would be able to provide. This didn't allow enough space for the amount of teams attending to play 3 games. So as a last minute adjustment, they went beck to a 1 game schedule. In my opinion, I feel it should be abandoned and let the teams play there regular home games. But I'm sure that some money has already been put into it.

2.Jamboree game times. I do not have them and I think it's ridiculous to have not published them yet. The is especially important for teams that are light on players. If you generate a conflict, they will go after your forfeit fee.

3. Mother's Day. Last year was the first time since I've been involved (6 years) that there were no game on Mother's Day. All town coordinators were contacted and asked for their thoughts. The schedule has been online for a week. Everyone is entitled to their opinion on the subject and I respect that, but our town has never had a problem with those games and families have seemed to plan around them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. Jamboree. I believe that East Islip stepped up to host. Unfortunately they over estimated the number of fields that they would be able to provide. This didn't allow enough space for the amount of teams attending to play 3 games. So as a last minute adjustment, they went beck to a 1 game schedule. In my opinion, I feel it should be abandoned and let the teams play there regular home games. But I'm sure that some money has already been put into it.

2.Jamboree game times. I do not have them and I think it's ridiculous to have not published them yet. The is especially important for teams that are light on players. If you generate a conflict, they will go after your forfeit fee.

3. Mother's Day. Last year was the first time since I've been involved (6 years) that there were no game on Mother's Day. All town coordinators were contacted and asked for their thoughts. The schedule has been online for a week. Everyone is entitled to their opinion on the subject and I respect that, but our town has never had a problem with those games and families have seemed to plan around them.

with all due respect, actually that is an over used term. So I mean no disrespect in the following. If one family knows week 1 is being scheduled on Mother's day and another family does not know, THAT IS A PROBLEM. Yes I am fully aware of the game schedule for the past few years, but to "Spring" this on the families now after plans have been made is a bit disrespectful to the families. You say the directors made the decision. Then shame on them. You directors have put the girls and coaches in a tight spot, good job!

Had you have noted Mother's day as a make up weekend in the beginning that would have been different. You did not, do the right thing and cancel the games and let the families be families.

There is no money to be lost or gained so I cant possibly see the issue in canceling Mother's day.(Unlike the East Islip issue).

Do the right thing!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My girls just want to play. Mother's Day, Father's Day, what ever day. I think it is a vocal minority that pushed for the no games on Mother's day.

"Let them Play! Let them PLAY! Let them Play!"" Kelly Leak

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My girls just want to play. Mother's Day, Father's Day, what ever day. I think it is a vocal minority that pushed for the no games on Mother's day.

It is not about the kids not wanting to play. [lacrosse], they would have ice cream for diner every night if you let them. Its about being an adult and parent; taking control of the schedules of your children. Showing your children that family is a priority. Showing your daughters that Mom is special!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is not about the kids not wanting to play. [lacrosse], they would have ice cream for diner every night if you let them. Its about being an adult and parent; taking control of the schedules of your children. Showing your children that family is a priority. Showing your daughters that Mom is special!

Its only one PAL game . If Mothers day is that important miss the game the game will go and life will be good for everyone.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess... for father's day I would rather watch my kids play sports with my family than anything else. As a Father I do not need a special day for me to show the kids I am special. That is just me I guess.

A typical Father's Day... Kids give me a card made at school, kid made breakfast, the wife is a "little" nicer to me, and I go cut the grass and go on with my typical Sunday and dread work on Monday... If I was able to watch my kids play a game after that it would me a home run! You sound like you need a little more than that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My town has always played Mother's Day games, both boys and girls. The league hooks up with a local florist and orders roses for the mother/grandmother/care-giver of every player and those roses are delivered with a hug, a kiss and a thank you after the game. It's very nice and have never heard anything other than how wonderful it was.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My wife and mother are going to the game on Mother's Day. All are looking forward to it!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Its only one PAL game . If Mothers day is that important miss the game the game will go and life will be good for everyone.

IF???

Yes, Mother's Day is that important. Had it not've been important they would have scheduled a game on that day to start with. Mother's Day is one day out of the year, as opposed to 1 game out of many (winter spring summer and fall).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is a GREAT idea! Thanks!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When the [lacrosse] is the Huntington coach going to get fired? Fed up with the BS and our AD will never do anything about it. They're both pathetic and should not be getting paid to be in charge of our children. Kathy should be ashamed of herself for how she treats our girls.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

with all due respect, actually that is an over used term. So I mean no disrespect in the following. If one family knows week 1 is being scheduled on Mother's day and another family does not know, THAT IS A PROBLEM. Yes I am fully aware of the game schedule for the past few years, but to "Spring" this on the families now after plans have been made is a bit disrespectful to the families. You say the directors made the decision. Then shame on them. You directors have put the girls and coaches in a tight spot, good job!

Had you have noted Mother's day as a make up weekend in the beginning that would have been different. You did not, do the right thing and cancel the games and let the families be families.

There is no money to be lost or gained so I cant possibly see the issue in canceling Mother's day.(Unlike the East Islip issue).

Do the right thing!

Making the Jamboree mandatory is a joke. Who wants to drive to East Islip, try to find parking and wait there all day to play 3 20 min games. Now.....they screwed up with the fields and you have to go to EI to play 1 game that could have been played without going to EI. Like everything .......follow the money....someone is making $$$$$$ on this non-sense. Thank god my daughter ages out of this SCGL joke league.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When the [lacrosse] is the Huntington coach going to get fired? Fed up with the BS and our AD will never do anything about it. They're both pathetic and should not be getting paid to be in charge of our children. Kathy should be ashamed of herself for how she treats our girls.

What she doing that's so wrong?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

IF???

Yes, Mother's Day is that important. Had it not've been important they would have scheduled a game on that day to start with. Mother's Day is one day out of the year, as opposed to 1 game out of many (winter spring summer and fall).

As somebody pointed out earlier, games always were scheduled on that day - until last year. If you have an early game, go to dinner after; if you have a late game, go to brunch or lunch before. Problem solved.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do the right thing!

It's 1 1/2 hours out of the day. If you can't give up the time because you have things to do...don't go. But I bet that most have no problem with it. Wait until your kids get older and want to play travel lacrosse. Are you going to call National Draw and tell them that it's not fair that you have a tournament on Fathers' Day? You're making it sound much worse than it is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm a Mother who loves watching my son and daughter play lacrosse. We will be together watching the games and that is what matters most. Plenty of hours left in the day to visit with extended family.

Like Reply Quote
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard