Originally Posted by Anonymous
Some recent issues with the SCGL

East Islip was scheduled to host a jamboree this weekend. A jamboree. Isn't a Jamboree typically a tournament without a playoff. Okay maybe not a tournament but at least multiple - more than one - game. East Islip, what is this "event" you are hosting? How did you get to host a whole day of girls lacrosse on your fields? Not sure if there is more to it or not.

I got my team excited to play in a jamboree, a day of lacrosse filled with fun and games now we are told the team lost a home game to play one game at East Islip?

can please update the times and fields on the web site. If it is a true Jamboree maybe we would like to see some of the teams in our age or the age above us play.

We are all aware of the games that were not played the first weekend. We were just told they are being made up on Mothers day. Is it that important to rescheduled them on Mother's Day. Many families made plans for a free family day. Not all families have boys that play. Was it that important to take a family day away from the families.

I totally agree with this post, and wasn't aware that the make-up games where to be played on Mother's Day. Games have been played on Mother's day in the past, but with plenty of notice. As far as I know none of the teams have been given any official notice.