Get it on Google Play
Get it on Google Play
Less Than 1 Month Away from the Girls LI Showcase & Boys UnD1sputed Showcase! | Mid Atlantic Elite Showcase & New England Elite Showcase Just Released!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous - 05/16/21 10:24 AM
Girls High School
by Anonymous - 05/16/21 09:45 AM
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous - 05/16/21 09:26 AM
Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 05/16/21 09:21 AM
Boys 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 05/16/21 09:19 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics2,366
Posts291,289
Members2,288
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12
Re: Oyster Bay Lacrosse League - Spring 2012
CageSage #9925 03/26/12 01:36 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Look at every board, they have all become quiet. The only one with any volume is Yellow Jackets.

A little thought goes a long way. LOL
The fact is that weekends at this time of year become quiet as most everyone is out actually playing their games. As for volume, we have many threads with more than 100,000 views but the point is that we often will start new threads to better direct the conversation. We served a record number of pages and users last week here on BOTC, so you sure could have fooled us about things being "quiet".

Tad defensive Cage. Merely just pointing out and reflective of what you just stated. It is spring, the boys are out playing and us parents can spend more time watching and enjoying their kids as opposed to adding to the almost constant banter that occurs on these forums early in the year to occupy the slow winter.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #9965 03/27/12 01:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
Look at every board, they have all become quiet. The only one with any volume is Yellow Jackets.

A little thought goes a long way. LOL
The fact is that weekends at this time of year become quiet as most everyone is out actually playing their games. As for volume, we have many threads with more than 100,000 views but the point is that we often will start new threads to better direct the conversation. We served a record number of pages and users last week here on BOTC, so you sure could have fooled us about things being "quiet".

Tad defensive Cage. Merely just pointing out and reflective of what you just stated. It is spring, the boys are out playing and us parents can spend more time watching and enjoying their kids as opposed to adding to the almost constant banter that occurs on these forums early in the year to occupy the slow winter.

I was thinking the same thing, with games finally starting you would think posting would be up, and instead of conjecture posting I thought it would be some real results based, chest thumping in your face posting. seems like March came in like a lion and is going out like a lamb - now I am sure laxmom with post a question about if her 2nd grade lamb should post on the second grade nassau site or post up on the Suffolk 3rd grade site....

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #10009 03/28/12 09:51 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think some of these parents realized they were putting unjust pressure on the Boys and the Teams. So many good Teams out there anything could happen.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #10028 03/28/12 12:36 PM
L
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
L
My Nassau Suffolk PAL question was just that a general question. I know where my son plays, who he plays for and how they play and I have no complaints. This is a lax forum where people can come ask lax questions and get answers from people who know them...for the most part I have gotten really great answers from knowledgeable people...I just can't seem to shake this one anonymous person who never really has anything useful to say. I don't need to come on here and toot my sons horn about how well he and his team played over the weekend....he is in 2nd grade they don't even have horns worth tooting yet. Sorry CageSage I know this is the OBLL thread...just wanted to address the comment where it came from.

Like Reply Quote
CageSage #10048 03/28/12 07:01 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there anyway to post the past games and results? by age bracket for boys and girls? Just wondering who's been playing and how the teams are doing?

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #10054 03/28/12 08:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there anyway to post the past games and results? by age bracket for boys and girls? Just wondering who's been playing and how the teams are doing?

I'd be interested in hearing this too. I do not even know who my son is going to play until we show up at the field.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #10056 03/28/12 08:58 PM
C
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
C

I'd be interested in hearing this too. I do not even know who my son is going to play until we show up at the field.
Since the OBLL schedules are apparently drawn week-to-week, the actual game slate based on what we have been told is rarely known until just a few days before the actual event.

If the OBLL had advanced schedules available, BOTC would be thrilled to carry the details as we have done for three other spring leagues this year.

Like Reply Quote
CageSage #10057 03/28/12 09:14 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry, I'm not asking for games to come, I'm referring to the results (scores) and the teams that have played over the last 4 weeks. That information is in the past, but only the respective teams have that information. Does OBLL have all the game scores reported back and could that be shared on this forum?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #10090 03/29/12 04:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yea -what's the story with OBLL. No schedule?? No stats?? C'mon get it together!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #10116 03/30/12 09:36 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yea -what's the story with OBLL. No schedule?? No stats?? C'mon get it together!

To the best of my knowledge, results have never been poster. They used to post the weekend schedules on the website on Wednesday or Thursday of each week.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #10119 03/30/12 10:44 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OBLL is not a structured league, teams join and are given "x" number of games, the league then takes all the teams, attempts to match them up by age and ability and get them games each week. some weeks you play two games, other weeks you don't play, sometimes they bring in out of town teams who play 3-4 games in a day against league teams. in the end you get some good lacrosse after getting very frustrated each thursday still wondering if, where and when you are playing that week and you will have no standing or statistics but you should have pretty good experience, we always have

Like Reply Quote
CageSage #10304 04/03/12 01:26 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2021 Express vs Jesters? : Anyone know how this game turned out? Wondering what the Jesters did with their new 3rd grade team with open registration and no tryouts...

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #10323 04/03/12 02:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
tie, 4 all...good game, two equally matched teams...Express have been playing together since the fall, Jesters have been playing together for a few weeks. from what I have seen in this age group 91 Orange and Igloo dominate (igloo beat Express something like 18 to 2).

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #10358 04/04/12 11:14 AM
R
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
R
How many 3rd grade teams in the league? Are those 91 and Igloo teams all 3rd graders?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #10856 04/16/12 09:49 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They both did very well thank you. Come on, this is third grade. Its about staying positive,having fun and playing. Whats next, an all tryout team for pre-k? I see some of you idiots out there screaming at 2nd graders like they are college athletes. Keep it in perspective and let them enjoy themselves. Just because your playing days are over dont heap all your baggage on their shoulders.

Like Reply Quote
Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard