@BackOfTheCAGE
This thread will be used to provide coverage of the Spring 2012 Oyster Bay Lacrosse League (OBLL). Team matches, schedules, results, and standings will all be discussed using this thread.

Default Web Site : Oyster Bay Lacrosse League

Registration Link : OBLL Registration Details
Originally Posted by CageSage
This thread will be used to provide coverage of the Spring 2012 Oyster Bay Lacrosse League (OBLL). Team matches, schedules, results, and standings will all be discussed using this thread.

Default Web Site : Oyster Bay Lacrosse League

Registration Link : OBLL Registration Details

Does anyone have a list of teams signed up for this year?
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Does anyone have a list of teams signed up for this year?
BOTC is on the case - we have requested the teams by age group and schedules for updated on the web site. Will publish the data as soon as it is made available.

In the meantime, clubs/teams that have already registered can feel free to post their age groups and team names on this thread if they have registered to play the Spring 2012 OBLL season.
Don't games start this Saturday, March3rd?
Yes- just heard we have a game on Saturday for one of my son's teams- not his 91 team- another team.
OBLL Schedule SATURDAY - March 3rd John Burns East Soccer
TEAM TEAM
9AM North Shore 7 Kaffl LI EXPRESS CHANNY 2017
10AM North Shore 7 Kaffl LI EXPRESS CRIMI 2017
11AM Gladiators 2019 LI EXPRESS 2019 Orange
12PM OUTLAWS 2018 Silver LI EXPRESS 2018 HIMBERGER
1PM OUTLAWS 2018 Black LI EXPRESS 2018 BLUE- KELLY
2PM Manhasset Barrett True Blue 8
3PM fl$ 2018 RVC Future LAX 6
4PM fl$ 2017 LI EXPRESS 2017 MCMANUS
5PM LI EXPRESS 2019 ORANGE RVC FUTURE LAX 4

OBLL Schedule SUNDAY - March 4 John Burns East Soccer
TEAM TEAM
8AM OUTLAWS 2017 Silver Hotshotz 7
9AM OUTLAWS 2017 Black Gladiators 7
10AM OUTLAWS 2016 Black True Blue 8
11AM OUTLAWS 2016 Silver RVC Future Lax 8
12PM
1PM
2PM
3PM HEROES HEROES
4PM HEROES HEROES
Please tell me that there are more 7th grade teams than 3.....
just from the schedule above there are 9
That's all the teams?
Does anyone know how many 5th grade teams ( 2019) are in the obll this year ? I know 91, Dune Dogs and Jesters are not in this year.
If OBLL would just provide the info we could all stop speculating... granted schedules aren't done for the whole season, but can't OBLL just share the list of teams by grade? Please? Thanks.
Are there any 8th grade teams other than the Express, Outlaws and True Blue?
Not every team is playing this weekend. My son's 2017 team does not play it's first game till next weekend.
Are there any 8th grade teams other than the Express, Outlaws and True Blue?

RVC Future Lax 8
any updates on the games today? I know the Northshore Midshipman won both there games this morning.
2017 express orange mcmanus 15-0 vs fl$ 2017. that score is not misprint.

Yup 15-0. I heard Express 2017 Orange (McManess) had a very impressive win on Hotshotz last night indoor. Hotshotz are a good team but Orange won by 7 goals (I think). Today's win in OBLL game vs fl$ 2017 was also impressive. Express Orange 2017 is a physical group.
Express Orange may be the best team in the tri-state region. The organization and coaching are about the best there is. They should win most of the Summer tournements they enter. 91 Orange will still not be able to beat them.
They look so good, Turtles prob will fall this year to them..big time
Anyone know how fl$ 2018 did yesterday?
Express Orange may be the best team in the tri-state region. The organization and coaching are about the best there is. They should win most of the Summer tournements they enter. 91 Orange will still not be able to beat them.

Let's take it easy. its one OBLL game, From what I understand fl$ is not very good this year.

They beat up on True Blue or the Gladiators like that, you got a case. Let's calm down with the best team in the TriState stuff after one game against a weak opponent.

Yup 15-0. I heard Express 2017 Orange (McManess) had a very impressive win on Hotshotz last night indoor. Hotshotz are a good team but Orange won by 7 goals (I think). Today's win in OBLL game vs fl$ 2017 was also impressive. Express Orange 2017 is a physical group.
fl$ parents were crying that they were missing key middies and a main d-man - don't think anything would have stopped that bloodbath!

They must be better than the turtlesQ
fl$ parents were crying that they were missing key middies and a main d-man - don't think anything would have stopped that bloodbath!

dont u just love they whole "we don't have all our guys" crap? Gosh, show some accountability. Their best attack was there and one of their best middies got injured early in the game.

They must be better than the turtlesQ

I don't care if we (2017 Orange McMauss) loses to Turtles, its all good for the Long Island Express! 2017 Express Piranhas (Corwan) also, as long as our three teams win Im happy! Same family. The fl$'s, Outlaws & TB is a different story.
How did true Blue 8th do on weekend, does any one have schedule for this week
When fl$ beat Express at the JDRF tournament last summer and then beat another 'mixed' Express team in December at the Winter Nationals, there was no trash talk or gloating from anyone at fl$. Express wins one meaningless Oyster Bay game the first weekend of the season and they act like they've won the ACC Championship. Stay classy Express
Le Grande Orange!!!! Express orange 2017 is rolling and will be coming to your team and roll over YOU!!!! Sorry amphibian lovers and the like, the team will play all comers and I bet they will win. Big time team here. See all of you soon.
Le Grande Orange!!!! Express orange 2017 is rolling and will be coming to your team and roll over YOU!!!! Sorry amphibian lovers and the like, the team will play all comers and I bet they will win. Big time team here. See all of you soon.

Just like an Orange things can go sour real fast. Take it easy with all the declarations of championships to come, you played 1 I repeat 1 game against an average team. Run off a few wins instead of you mouth.
fl$ beat express at JDRF.....I DON'T THINK SO !!!! Your memory may be a little foggy!!!!
When fl$ beat Express at the JDRF tournament last summer and then beat another 'mixed' Express team in December at the Winter Nationals, there was no trash talk or gloating from anyone at fl$. Express wins one meaningless Oyster Bay game the first weekend of the season and they act like they've won the ACC Championship. Stay classy Express

AMEN
Calm down!! This is 7th grade lacrosse

There is a rumor that because of what happened this past weekend with the 2017 fl$ loss of 15 to 0 by the 2017 Express Orange McManuss that fl$ 2017 is making some big changes and merging with the Turf Island Oilers, Is this true?
Any word on the schedule? Truly exasperating...I know it's a lot to map out with booking fields and coordinating with coaches, but at some point isn't an actually schedule publication nice? It's very difficult to plan and respond to other commitments (outside Lax) when we don't know if we are playing in the coming weekend 3 days before....PLEASE OBLL get it together and let's go.. the season has begun and you have been paid!
Any word on the schedule? Truly exasperating...I know it's a lot to map out with booking fields and coordinating with coaches, but at some point isn't an actually schedule publication nice? It's very difficult to plan and respond to other commitments (outside Lax) when we don't know if we are playing in the coming weekend 3 days before....PLEASE OBLL get it together and let's go.. the season has begun and you have been paid!
Note that questions have gone unanswered at this point. Once we get a full schedule, it will be published here. You can count on it.
We have always found out Wednesday, Thursday prior to the weekend. OBLL matches up teams from prior week results to make the games as competitive as possible, that being said it is not all OBLL's fault to late scheduling, teams constantly ask for change of times and days to accommodate there team and OBLL does a great job accommodating. I know my sons town team has asked for time and day changes. Coaches are usually told on Monday and Tuesday of there time slot but not opponent then when coaches get back with a response final schedule is done.
Originally Posted by LAXER DAD
We have always found out Wednesday, Thursday prior to the weekend. OBLL matches up teams from prior week results to make the games as competitive as possible, that being said it is not all OBLL's fault to late scheduling, teams constantly ask for change of times and days to accommodate there team and OBLL does a great job accommodating. I know my sons town team has asked for time and day changes. Coaches are usually told on Monday and Tuesday of there time slot but not opponent then when coaches get back with a response final schedule is done.
That has to be the worst way to run a league I have ever heard of, OBLL has to grow a set, make a schedule and stick by it. I can't believe the B.S. that there waiting to see who won last week to make more competitive games. There are no secrets in lax, everyone knows who is who. Why should all parents have to wait to plan there weeks so a few coaches can cherry pick there next game.
Originally Posted by LAXER DAD
That has to be the worst way to run a league I have ever heard of, OBLL has to grow a set, make a schedule and stick by it. I can't believe the B.S. that there waiting to see who won last week to make more competitive games. There are no secrets in lax, everyone knows who is who. Why should all parents have to wait to plan there weeks so a few coaches can cherry pick there next game. shame on whoever runs that B.S. league

FYI... I'm just a father relaying information from my experience the past 3 years. By no means do I have any inside information or involvement with the OBLL. Personally I have only had great experiences with OBLL and understand the schedule and plan accordingly.
OBLL Schedule SATURDAY 10-Mar

TEAM TEAM FIELD

8AM OUTLAWS 2019 BLACK LIE 2020 Orange
9AM OUTLAWS 2019 SILVER LIE 2019 BLUE
10AM IGLOO 2021 LIE 2021 ORANGE
11AM GLADIATORS 2019 TRUE BLUE A 2019
12PM fl$ 2017 NS BLACK KNIGHTS 7
1PM LI EXPRESS 2017 MCMANUS NS MIDSHIPMEN 7
2PM MANHASSET 8 BARRETT NS MIDSHIPMEN 7
3PM OUTLAWS 2018 Silver VIPERS 5/6
4PM OUTLAWS 2018 Black WANTAGH TRIBE 6
5PM LI EXPRESS PIRANHAS 2017 TRUE BLUE 2017
6PM TEAM 91 ROONEY 2018 LI EXPRESS KORKUC
7PM TITANS LIEXPRESS BLUE 2016
8PM TITANS TRUE BLUE 2016
Any word on Sunday games?

TEAM TEAM FIELD

Update on the 1:00pm game - match will now be NS Midshipman vs RVC 7/8.
Are there only (2) 3rd grade 2021 teams in the league?
Which field are these games being played on?
Which field are these games being played on?
According to our information, this week's games will be played on the field you see immediately upon entering the complex's stadium.
The final schedule has not been released at this point. Once BOTC has a copy of the material, we will share it. We are wondering whether this week's Sunday games might be in trouble due to field space.
My sons team is playing on the main football field (stadium)
Dont forget to announce it on Twitter and your FB account.
I already did, thank you. I was responding to a post inquiring to which fields.
aaaaaannnnd everyone knows your kid and the team he plays for?

Just the right people. Just so you understand which by your intelligence I see you have issues, a post was asking which fields this weekend my response was about my sons team because the schedule says which field and I was sharing. If this is not understandable for you please send me a PM and I will respond in smaller words and bigger font, have a great day I know i will.
Any score for this evenings True Blue 7th vs Express blue 7th?
True Blue killed us. Long summrt.
Relax old man. If I knew u liked braking a 16 yo I Wundt respond to your post. Get Alice
True Blue won by a score of 10-2

What was the final score ?

TEAM TEAM FIELD

Update on the 1:00pm game - match will now be NS Midshipman vs RVC 7/8.

How many 2017 LIExp teams are there ?
Any score for this evenings True Blue 7th vs Express blue 7th?

Is this Express Blue team, C team ?

Are u guys LI Express B team or C Team ?

and your team is ???
The final schedule has not been released at this point. Once BOTC has a copy of the material, we will share it. We are wondering whether this week's Sunday games might be in trouble due to field space.

C'mon, you know there is NO FINAL schedule...(at what point ???). Last 3 years, it had been the same thing... We will be lucky if teams receive the game time a day or two before their games.
Really? Your Org. got paid long time ago. Get it right. Or this OBLL should move to Suffolk. At least, they do have fields and good with the scheduling.

Relax old man. If I knew u liked braking a 16 yo I Wundt respond to your post. Get Alice
does this make sense to anyone, I don't think this is completely in english
I cant believe this is a parent , there is a woman out there that married this guy.
Korwan's team we are C for sure.

And True Blue is C+ then.

Both teams played poorly last night. Korwan's Piranhas just a lot worse.

Korwan's team deserves all the criticism they are going to receive on these soap opera threads today, they were underprepared and lacked any focus and did not take the start of the season seriously. Apologies to True Blue for not showing up and playing what should have been a more enjoyable game. We will have others.

Stay tuned...

Wow--with a score of 10-2 seems more like a C team against a A team. Just sayin.....

Sounds like a parent from the Korwan team who wants to let his anger and criticism out in the "soap Opera threads"..what a JA. Why would you rant on your own team, you have nothing better to do. Seems if they got beat 10-2 by a C+ team they must be worse huh? Go back to the stands where you belong and stir up the anger there. Let the kids play under Jim and get better you idiot.

Wow--with a score of 10-2 seems more like a C team against a A team. Just sayin.....

Not sure if you were there last night or not- I was

If you consider any of the play last night regardless of team "A" level the definition of "A" leaves a lot to be desired. 2017 "A" should be playing at a much better level than what was on display in the game.

Piranhas entire team was sleeping, True Blue had two players that did all the work.

Poor performance for both teams, regardless of the 10-2 finish. At the half it was 3-2, just sayin-

This express team did a lot of talking on this site, and didn't live up to the hype. Just play , have fun and lets your team do the talking.
Any scores on the 2019/2020 games between the outlaws, true blue, express, gladiators?????
New to this. Are the rosters of Express, Outlaw, 91 and others teams currently playing in the spring OBLL the same rosters when these teams play in the summer tournaments? Are the kids who are selected in the fall tryouts for these teams expected/offered the opportunity to play in both the spring and summer seasons? Is there any turnover the rosters between spring and summer teams? Are the $1,000-1,700 fees these teams charge for both seasons or is the spring season charged separately? If spring is separate, generally how much. Thanks

And True Blue is C+ then.

Both teams played poorly last night. Korwan's Piranhas just a lot worse.

Korwan's team deserves all the criticism they are going to receive on these soap opera threads today, they were underprepared and lacked any focus and did not take the start of the season seriously. Apologies to True Blue for not showing up and playing what should have been a more enjoyable game. We will have others.
If both teams played poorly as you say it makes sense to say True Blue is 8 goals better.

Stay tuned...
How did the self proclaimed "BEST TEAM IN THE TRI-STATE" do. I find it curious that the hasn't been any statements from the Mcmanass team.
McManus Orange....Team to beat.
You were there? We only scored 2 goals scored against and only 2 kids did the work? We couldn't get a shot on goal and I dont think those 2 guys were playing defense. 6-2 at the half...we stunk but we will get better!! Thats what the spring is about. Put that on your FB account.
McManus Orange....Team to beat.

Didnt they lose today ?
New to this. Are the rosters of Express, Outlaw, 91 and others teams currently playing in the spring OBLL the same rosters when these teams play in the summer tournaments? Are the kids who are selected in the fall tryouts for these teams expected/offered the opportunity to play in both the spring and summer seasons? Is there any turnover the rosters between spring and summer teams? Are the $1,000-1,700 fees these teams charge for both seasons or is the spring season charged separately? If spring is separate, generally how much. Thanks

I will try to help here, every team and organization does things there own ways but as a rule of thumb the rosters are the same for spring and summer but most teams need to get extra players from week to week and often kids in the same organization will play on both teams when they need players, also as a team finishes a game you will see coaches for the next games asking if a few kids will stay because they need players, generally there is a separate charge for OBYLL just like winter league or spring tournaments anywhere from $125 to $300 depending on number of players and coaches salary and profit
Anyone know the score of the LI Express 2021 team game.
Can someone please tell me what's wrong with these express teams at this age group. All they do talk trash on this website and bring down every team they play. They take all opponents in the gutter with them. I think all the 2017 Express Teams should just play against themselves and keep the trash talk within the Organization. I can't understand why these two Teams are like this, all they do is put more pressure on the Boys. Let's just all agree they are the two best Teams and let them beat up on themselves and Town Teams. Boycott these two Teams for the sake of 2017 Lacrosse.
Not possible- they are the Team to beat. Must have been missing key players.
Oh Mom!! come on.....can't I just play here on BOTN without you ruining my fun!!!!
Express Rules
They made their winning announcement real quick last week!!
did they "roll" today?
Did everyone have an off day? Korwins team? True Blue? McManus'sTeam? its F*!^king MARCH and these kids are 12/13 WHO cares LET THEM PLAY!!!!HAVE FUN!!! there are some really good players on all these teams that in years to come we all will be watching on Saturdays. PARENTS PLEASE sit back and ENJOY the ride and enjoy the snacks!!
How did 91 do??? Oh yea they are playing in some town team league!!! I guess they will be putting up pictures on their web-site soon. Everyone should have boycotted their money maker ....the Shamrock thing which is just that .....a March Sham of a tournament. Oh well....we know better for next year.
Did everyone have an off day? Korwins team? True Blue? McManus'sTeam? its F*!^king MARCH and these kids are 12/13 WHO cares LET THEM PLAY!!!!HAVE FUN!!! there are some really good players on all these teams that in years to come we all will be watching on Saturdays. PARENTS PLEASE sit back and ENJOY the ride and enjoy the snacks!!

Agree 100% however when you run your mouth one weekend after a win and things don't go your way the next, you can expect some backlash. I know it's not the kids or the coaches and this isn't directed at them. It is the parents that talk trash and to them I repeat your words.."LET THEM PLAY".
Not possible- they are the Team to beat. Must have been missing key players.

Here we go again! The same excuses!!! Maybe the other teams also were missing key players...
Amen!
Did they really lose to a town team? Just curoius because I think this North Shore town team is registered in the Shamrock and Syosset tournaments.

Not that a good town team cant beat a club team, just surprising to beat one of the "top" club teams.
Re: New to this. Thank you for your response. I assume that the teams first form for the winter leagues then stay together through the fall?
Why are you so concerned about 91? Sounds like someone is very insecure.
It's become obvious that 91 has become the premier organization at the younger level, and in time, will overtake the Express at the older levels. Just think of all the great talent that have no plans on attending St Anthonys. They will finally have a choice of a top program other than Express.
Smart decision for 91 to not play OBLL. All MC does is schedule them against garbage teams. Would much rather have a practice than play an hour of garbage.
Look at all the fighting going on within your own organization. What a shame.
Accept it already. Express is becoming a has been!!!!!
How bad of a beating did 17Orange put on the Gladiators?
Did they really lose to a town team? Just curoius because I think this North Shore town team is registered in the Shamrock and Syosset tournaments.

Not that a good town team cant beat a club team, just surprising to beat one of the "top" club teams.

North Shore has 2 town teams (Midshipman A team, Blackknights B Team), they are registered in Shamrock. Blacknights lost Saturday to fl$ and Midshipman 7th grade team lost to RVC 7/8 and Manhasset 8th teams on Saturday
Which team did North Shore beat, they are a real solid team, well coached..
Glad my son's team decided against joing OBLL. BTW, what happened to the Express 2016 Orange team? Don't see them in the OBLL or on the NPYLL league site.
Why are you so concerned about 91? Sounds like someone is very insecure.
It's become obvious that 91 has become the premier organization at the younger level, and in time, will overtake the Express at the older levels. Just think of all the great talent that have no plans on attending St Anthonys. They will finally have a choice of a top program other than Express.
Smart decision for 91 to not play OBLL. All MC does is schedule them against garbage teams. Would much rather have a practice than play an hour of garbage.
Look at all the fighting going on within your own organization. What a shame.
Accept it already. Express is becoming a has been!!!!!

Let's keep 91 out of this thread. The Express parents are entertaining enough bragging/making excuses for their own teams. The Express parents will implode upon themselves soon enough and keep us entertained through the summer. These are the same people who talked up their kid's team last year and left for Express when they realized they couldn't go undefeated. Once the Express teams lose a few games this year, the same thing will happen and they will move on for next year. In the meantime, let's just enjoy the fireworks.
Of what i heard it was the other way around.
Gladiators beat them handily. I think the final was a difference of 4 or 5 goals.
Looks like FLG17 beat NS Blk Knights - I think the NS MidShip 2017 team beat RVC 7th/8th

North Shore has 2 town teams (Midshipman A team, Blackknights B Team), they are registered in Shamrock. Blacknights lost Saturday to fl$ and Midshipman 7th grade team lost to RVC 7/8 and Manhasset 8th teams on Saturday

Was this schedule not correct? It was posted a few days ago.. Thought NS was playing express orange.
The first week these two 2017 Express teams play decent competition looked what happened. I hear the other 2017 Team in OBLL played well on Sunday.
All you people on here, running your mouths about your 11,12 and 13 year old kids travel teams.... SAD
These teams are for one thing, and one thing only. To get your kid better as a player!! It's not about some travel coach/director who can lure in the best kids. Stop with all this nonsence!!! Focus on the developement of you own kid. No one cares if who beat who... Trust me, your kids High School coach will not care if your kid is on some travel team, the kids with the most skills, work ethic, most coachable, and good school behavior will make the team.

Was this schedule not correct? It was posted a few days ago.. Thought NS was playing express orange.

12PM GLADIATORS 7 LI EXPRESS 2017 MCMANUS
1PM HOTSHOTZ 7 LI EXPRESS 2017 MCMANUS

This was yesterday's schedule.
Looks like FLG17 beat NS Blk Knights - I think the NS MidShip 2017 team beat RVC 7th/8th

fl$ beat Blackknights 6 -3, rvc 7th/8th beat NS Midshipmen 10 - 0
Express 2020 Orange 5 - Outlaws 2019 Black 3
how did express 2019 orange do
Score was 5-4
who did 2021 Espress play and what was the score, thanks
Is fl$ 2018 playing OBLL? I haven't heard much about them.
Just wondering, do any of you have a job?
2021? really? what a colossal waste of time
3 express kids were able to say the alphabet correctly. The team they played failed to blow their noses the right way and were penalized throughout the game. They all took a nice halftime nap and finished with duck-duck-goose.
2021? really? what a colossal waste of time

Is that a 3rd grade team? I think they played a fourth grade team. Nothing wrong with travel lax in the spring for 4th graders- especially if they are in it to learn and not win, win win.
Sure beats them hanging indoors for hours each day playing MW3.

That's funny stuff b/c there are 25 8 year old kids whose parents are shelling out $2,000+ for the spring season to say that their kids are on LI Express Orange (and btw....there is only one team and they took everyone who tried out ).
That's funny stuff b/c there are 25 8 year old kids whose parents are shelling out $2,000+ for the spring season to say that their kids are on LI Express Orange (and btw....there is only one team and they took everyone who tried out ).

Actually you are funny...

Parents shelled out $200+ for spring season just like everyone else. Where you came up with thousands for spring is absurd. They paid the same for summer as well just like everyone else and are playing in the same number of tournaments.

And btw....they did take everyone who tried out, forming two teams Orange and Blue. Those placed on Blue opted out to go elsewhere or realized maybe PAL was more appropriate. Just btw.......

No worries, you just don't have any facts and chose to spread inaccuracies.

The kids are 8 years old, leave this alone. These forums are becoming a gutter full of waste and those that produce it
Close but not exactly...my son made the "orange" team and we dropped it...the cost will be well in excess of $2,000 for spring and summer. There were no tryouts just a few practices...they made an orange team and a blue team, blue had between 8-12 players, they combined teams and mostly orange team players left as they felt there were too many players on the team. This team is not elite when compared to 91 or igloo...this is evidenced by express losing at the havoc tournament to both teams by well over 10 goals in each game....granted that was early in the season. Express canceled their winter practice schedule and then after the humiliating defeats scrambled to put together a few practices. The coaches are nice guys and there are some good players on the team but this is an all-incluvie team (everyone who showed up made it). Still they at just 8 year olds so I am a little embarrassed even responding but since my son was on the team, I did want to set the record straight.
Close but not exactly...my son made the "orange" team and we dropped it...the cost will be well in excess of $2,000 for spring and summer. There were no tryouts just a few practices...they made an orange team and a blue team, blue had between 8-12 players, they combined teams and mostly orange team players left as they felt there were too many players on the team. This team is not elite when compared to 91 or igloo...this is evidenced by express losing at the havoc tournament to both teams by well over 10 goals in each game....granted that was early in the season. Express canceled their winter practice schedule and then after the humiliating defeats scrambled to put together a few practices. The coaches are nice guys and there are some good players on the team but this is an all-incluvie team (everyone who showed up made it). Still they at just 8 year olds so I am a little embarrassed even responding but since my son was on the team, I did want to set the record straight.

Emabarrased?- really, you wrote a short narrative.

Set the record straight?- you didn't.

Most of the more skilled Orange stayed- how do I know, well because the faces are the same.

Elite?- [lacrosse] no! my kid is only 8 he only shows potential. I will update in 6 years or so if he is elite. No 2021 team should ever use the term elite, so silly.

Other teams you mentioned have played together already for over a year, of course they are more competitive.

Have fun this season with your son.

I see no problem with parents paying the money if they have it- to some it is a drop in the bucket. My kid does not play for this team or this organization- but seriously- who cares if their parents shell out the money- they know what they did and they want their kids to play- so let them play.

I see no problem with parents paying the money if they have it- to some it is a drop in the bucket. My kid does not play for this team or this organization- but seriously- who cares if their parents shell out the money- they know what they did and they want their kids to play- so let them play.

I was thinking the same thing earlier. It almost seems as if people are jealous that others can do this.... There is always PAL for the others.....
The beauty of this forum is the ability to discuss the positives and negatives of programs, teams , tournaments, leagues, etc....someone crapping on a team doesn't make them jealous that they can't afford it and the options aren't LI Express or PAL....think about it for $2,000 you could buy 40 1-hour private lessons with a D-1 coach....just saying. In as much as most programs cost the same after 4th grade, I doubt it's a bout the money and more about what you get for the money. And I am not sure parents all know what they get for the money, sometimes you don't know until after you commit.
The beauty of this forum is the ability to discuss the positives and negatives of programs, teams , tournaments, leagues, etc....someone crapping on a team doesn't make them jealous that they can't afford it and the options aren't LI Express or PAL....think about it for $2,000 you could buy 40 1-hour private lessons with a D-1 coach....just saying. In as much as most programs cost the same after 4th grade, I doubt it's a bout the money and more about what you get for the money. And I am not sure parents all know what they get for the money, sometimes you don't know until after you commit.

No one was complaining about the team though. Someone asked how they played on Saturday and what the score was. Then others started in on how it is a waste of money to be paying for a team for 3rd graders. I am not seeing a discussion on what they are not getting or getting in terms of practices, coaches, tournaments. It is a team, they allowed it to be a walk on and like any travel team for any sport, there is always a market for kids/parents that want more. If parents are okay with that- they can spend their money. Other programs opened up 2nd- 3rd grade teams and if the conversation turned to which organization offered the most for the money- then that would be helpful. In the mean time- does anyone know how this 2021 Express team did - because that is what the OP wanted to know- and it is not me, nor do I know.

I was thinking the same thing earlier. It almost seems as if people are jealous that others can do this.... There is always PAL for the others.....

I second that! Why are they so concerned about you paying for your own kids? It's your money!!!
I understand that teams are matched up on a weekly basis, but does anyone know what the schedule is for this weekend? It sucks that we don't even know who we are playing as we arrive at the games.
Are there any games this weekend?
Coaches have schedules for this week
Just got word from our son's coach- we are NOT playing this week! Happy St Pat's to all!
What exactly is the point of this blog if there is no weekly schedule posted?
What exactly is the point of this blog if there is no weekly schedule posted?
BOTC does everything - and we mean everything - we can to get schedules and games times for our readers ahead of the weekend matches. While BOTC does this effort to move communication forward, parents and teams are the ones that paid the registration fees - what you are saying is that you are not getting your money's worth and BOTC is the only venue available to ask the question.

Remember, don't shoot the messenger here - we are working to get these schedules published.
Happy Wednesday. I'm assuming no news on schedules for this weekend. I thought that OBLL was going to release the schedule to BOTC... are they just not disclosing it?
Just got word of our game on Saturday. It must have been released this morning or late last night.
Has anyone else noticed how quiet this board has gotten since the mighty Express Orange & Blue 2017 teams have been racking up losses vs Laxachusetts, Gladiators, True Blue and fl$ in the last few weeks?
Has anyone else noticed how quiet this board has gotten since the mighty Express Orange & Blue 2017 teams have been racking up losses vs Laxachusetts, Gladiators, True Blue and fl$ in the last few weeks?

LOL
so what was the scores from the weekend games??

LOL

Look at every board, they have all become quiet. The only one with any volume is Yellow Jackets.

A little thought goes a long way. LOL
Look at every board, they have all become quiet. The only one with any volume is Yellow Jackets.

The fact is that weekends at this time of year become quiet as most everyone is out actually playing their games. As for volume, we have many threads with more than 100,000 views but the point is that we often will start new threads to better direct the conversation. We served a record number of pages and users last week here on BOTC, so you sure could have fooled us about things being "quiet".
A while back a post indicated that the CT Chargers were signed up to play in the OBLL. Are they playing? If so, what age group? How are they doing? In an earlier post the Titans were mentioned. Is that the Greenwich Titans? Are they also playing in the OBLL? What age group? Thanks.

The fact is that weekends at this time of year become quiet as most everyone is out actually playing their games. As for volume, we have many threads with more than 100,000 views but the point is that we often will start new threads to better direct the conversation. We served a record number of pages and users last week here on BOTC, so you sure could have fooled us about things being "quiet".

Tad defensive Cage. Merely just pointing out and reflective of what you just stated. It is spring, the boys are out playing and us parents can spend more time watching and enjoying their kids as opposed to adding to the almost constant banter that occurs on these forums early in the year to occupy the slow winter.

Tad defensive Cage. Merely just pointing out and reflective of what you just stated. It is spring, the boys are out playing and us parents can spend more time watching and enjoying their kids as opposed to adding to the almost constant banter that occurs on these forums early in the year to occupy the slow winter.

I was thinking the same thing, with games finally starting you would think posting would be up, and instead of conjecture posting I thought it would be some real results based, chest thumping in your face posting. seems like March came in like a lion and is going out like a lamb - now I am sure laxmom with post a question about if her 2nd grade lamb should post on the second grade nassau site or post up on the Suffolk 3rd grade site....
I think some of these parents realized they were putting unjust pressure on the Boys and the Teams. So many good Teams out there anything could happen.
My Nassau Suffolk PAL question was just that a general question. I know where my son plays, who he plays for and how they play and I have no complaints. This is a lax forum where people can come ask lax questions and get answers from people who know them...for the most part I have gotten really great answers from knowledgeable people...I just can't seem to shake this one anonymous person who never really has anything useful to say. I don't need to come on here and toot my sons horn about how well he and his team played over the weekend....he is in 2nd grade they don't even have horns worth tooting yet. Sorry CageSage I know this is the OBLL thread...just wanted to address the comment where it came from.
Is there anyway to post the past games and results? by age bracket for boys and girls? Just wondering who's been playing and how the teams are doing?
Is there anyway to post the past games and results? by age bracket for boys and girls? Just wondering who's been playing and how the teams are doing?

I'd be interested in hearing this too. I do not even know who my son is going to play until we show up at the field.

I'd be interested in hearing this too. I do not even know who my son is going to play until we show up at the field.
Since the OBLL schedules are apparently drawn week-to-week, the actual game slate based on what we have been told is rarely known until just a few days before the actual event.

If the OBLL had advanced schedules available, BOTC would be thrilled to carry the details as we have done for three other spring leagues this year.
Sorry, I'm not asking for games to come, I'm referring to the results (scores) and the teams that have played over the last 4 weeks. That information is in the past, but only the respective teams have that information. Does OBLL have all the game scores reported back and could that be shared on this forum?
Yea -what's the story with OBLL. No schedule?? No stats?? C'mon get it together!
Yea -what's the story with OBLL. No schedule?? No stats?? C'mon get it together!

To the best of my knowledge, results have never been poster. They used to post the weekend schedules on the website on Wednesday or Thursday of each week.
OBLL is not a structured league, teams join and are given "x" number of games, the league then takes all the teams, attempts to match them up by age and ability and get them games each week. some weeks you play two games, other weeks you don't play, sometimes they bring in out of town teams who play 3-4 games in a day against league teams. in the end you get some good lacrosse after getting very frustrated each thursday still wondering if, where and when you are playing that week and you will have no standing or statistics but you should have pretty good experience, we always have
2021 Express vs Jesters? : Anyone know how this game turned out? Wondering what the Jesters did with their new 3rd grade team with open registration and no tryouts...
tie, 4 all...good game, two equally matched teams...Express have been playing together since the fall, Jesters have been playing together for a few weeks. from what I have seen in this age group 91 Orange and Igloo dominate (igloo beat Express something like 18 to 2).
How many 3rd grade teams in the league? Are those 91 and Igloo teams all 3rd graders?
They both did very well thank you. Come on, this is third grade. Its about staying positive,having fun and playing. Whats next, an all tryout team for pre-k? I see some of you idiots out there screaming at 2nd graders like they are college athletes. Keep it in perspective and let them enjoy themselves. Just because your playing days are over dont heap all your baggage on their shoulders.
Any way to post results of the games played so far.
by grade by division
Gladiators 2019 beat Outlaws Black 10-4 this weekend.
Originally Posted by speedlax
Gladiators 2019 beat Outlaws Black 10-4 this weekend.

How are the other 2019 teams doing???? Any word on express? It's kinda quiet on here...

Saw Express 2019 O play twice this spring at Burns (once before once after our game). They are a solid team. Fun to watch, but even better to see the smiles before and after the games.

Some of the parents have commented on great coaching, friendly boys (and families).

I believe they have played most of that ranked 2019 list between Fall/Spring (without a full squad - as I am sure many teams have).

Any of their opponents care to comment on the games against them.

But lets keep it in perspective, rankings dont matter much at this age (lets wait until they are in 7th grade for that).

2019 Ranking
1. Dune Dawgs
2. Express Orange
3. 91 Orange
4. Gladiators
5. True Blue
6. Outlaws

Based on OBLL play and Shamrock Shootout results
I guess DD has the target on their backs.

Not sure they play any off these teams during the Spring Summer. So by default i guess the stay #1
How is the Dune Dawgs overall program? Are their other teams as competitive as the 5th grade team? I see they have many teams listed on their website. Saw a younger team at the Shootout but they were definitely a developing team. I hear they have a few 91 players on the 5th grade team. What's up with that?

What about the 6th and 7th grade teams? or are they a one team wonder?
How is the Dune Dawgs overall program? Are their other teams as competitive as the 5th grade team? I see they have many teams listed on their website. Saw a younger team at the Shootout but they were definitely a developing team. I hear they have a few 91 players on the 5th grade team. What's up with that?

What about the 6th and 7th grade teams? or are they a one team wonder?
Havoc/Dune Dawgs are having tryouts this weekend, April 22nd. You can stop by and get some first hand information if you so choose.
Can anyone recommend competive summer lacrosse leagues for Nassau County Town Teams. Thanks.
is the tryout for Dune Dawgs to replace 91 players (because now they have to play 91 for spring summer). If so how many kids are they looking and for which positions.

Or is it for the havoc side which is the developmental side... and it is for a new team.

is the tryout for Dune Dawgs to replace 91 players (because now they have to play 91 for spring summer). If so how many kids are they looking and for which positions.

Or is it for the havoc side which is the developmental side... and it is for a new team.

Doubt it. The coach of one of the 91 players is the coach of the Dune Dawg team. He is also a coach on the 91 team. Crazy! How do they manage tournaments? Dune Dawgs would be just an average team without the 91 players. They are good.
Dune dawg hovac is nothing but a money machine in the making, with out the coaching to back them up it will fall apart out there real soon,there is one good team in the whole program,anyone who goes there is crazy they are no 91,express,outlaws and will never be
Igloo is all based on the u9 us lacrosse rules. They are required to submit birth certificates at tryouts. They are not grade based. Very goog program
R u talking about the 3rd grade jesters team or the new 2nd grade jesters team coached by spencer Garfield?
Thank god the OBLL season is over. Absolutely by far the worst officiated league I have ever seen. what an absolute joke these clowns are.
Thank god the OBLL season is over. Absolutely by far the worst officiated league I have ever seen. what an absolute joke these clowns are.

What age group? My son played in the 7/8 Grade division I found most of the refs competent. I didn't agree with every call,never will - but I thought they were decent.
R u talking about the 3rd grade jesters team or the new 2nd grade jesters team coached by spencer Garfield?

What do you know about the Spencer Garfield 2nd Grade team? How good can they be without try-outs?

What age group? My son played in the 7/8 Grade division I found most of the refs competent. I didn't agree with every call,never will - but I thought they were decent.

===========================================

Agree...
I thought the Refs were pretty good over all during the season.
This complaint sounds like coming from Express Parents. They are so loud at the SL & always complain, except the times when their team wins.

does Igloo have orange and blue team in 3rd grade?
Shame on you to even speak about a team of 7/8 year olds in terms of how good they are...bad enough this happens with 9 year olds...shouldnt you be asking whether they are having fun and getting better at lacrosse? My son plays on the 2nd Grade Jesters Team...the team has two committed coaches who are great with the kids, the kids are learning and having fun...they have had something like 15 practices, 5-6 games...coaches work on skill building as well as some more advanced concepts and ALL of the kids (the stronger and the weaker kids on the team) seem to be benefiting from the practices...I have only heard possitive things from the parents on the sidelines as well.
Just out of curiosity when you say "how good can they be" who are you comparing them to?...some ultra-elite 7 year old team who are being recruited by D-1 Schools?
Im not an express parent and I have to agree that the officiating I witnessed was mostly atrocious. Very few of the officials actually know the rules, there is no consistency in the way the game is called, they engage the parents way too much as well. I totally understand how hard it is to officiate, but there should be some level of competency. I actually saw a referee on a cell phone during a game this season!!!!! I dont consider myself a complainer but i have to say the officiating i saw this season was extremely poor to say the least.
What is SL
sidelines
Sore Loser
Saw a ball hit the pipe and shoot back to the midfield in an OBYLL game and the ref called it a goal! Creative officiating!
Did you see the ref who was on the phone during the game? Running up down the field talking on the phone and on the phone while the kids were taking faceoffs that was creative.
© US Lacrosse Community Forum