BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Oyster Bay Lacrosse League - Spring 2012
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
That's funny stuff b/c there are 25 8 year old kids whose parents are shelling out $2,000+ for the spring season to say that their kids are on LI Express Orange (and btw....there is only one team and they took everyone who tried out ).

I see no problem with parents paying the money if they have it- to some it is a drop in the bucket. My kid does not play for this team or this organization- but seriously- who cares if their parents shell out the money- they know what they did and they want their kids to play- so let them play.

I was thinking the same thing earlier. It almost seems as if people are jealous that others can do this.... There is always PAL for the others.....

I second that! Why are they so concerned about you paying for your own kids? It's your money!!!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I understand that teams are matched up on a weekly basis, but does anyone know what the schedule is for this weekend? It sucks that we don't even know who we are playing as we arrive at the games.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Are there any games this weekend?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Coaches have schedules for this week

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just got word from our son's coach- we are NOT playing this week! Happy St Pat's to all!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What exactly is the point of this blog if there is no weekly schedule posted?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
What exactly is the point of this blog if there is no weekly schedule posted?
BOTC does everything - and we mean everything - we can to get schedules and games times for our readers ahead of the weekend matches. While BOTC does this effort to move communication forward, parents and teams are the ones that paid the registration fees - what you are saying is that you are not getting your money's worth and BOTC is the only venue available to ask the question.

Remember, don't shoot the messenger here - we are working to get these schedules published.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Happy Wednesday. I'm assuming no news on schedules for this weekend. I thought that OBLL was going to release the schedule to BOTC... are they just not disclosing it?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just got word of our game on Saturday. It must have been released this morning or late last night.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone else noticed how quiet this board has gotten since the mighty Express Orange & Blue 2017 teams have been racking up losses vs Laxachusetts, Gladiators, True Blue and fl$ in the last few weeks?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone else noticed how quiet this board has gotten since the mighty Express Orange & Blue 2017 teams have been racking up losses vs Laxachusetts, Gladiators, True Blue and fl$ in the last few weeks?

LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so what was the scores from the weekend games??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL

Look at every board, they have all become quiet. The only one with any volume is Yellow Jackets.

A little thought goes a long way. LOL

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Look at every board, they have all become quiet. The only one with any volume is Yellow Jackets.

The fact is that weekends at this time of year become quiet as most everyone is out actually playing their games. As for volume, we have many threads with more than 100,000 views but the point is that we often will start new threads to better direct the conversation. We served a record number of pages and users last week here on BOTC, so you sure could have fooled us about things being "quiet".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A while back a post indicated that the CT Chargers were signed up to play in the OBLL. Are they playing? If so, what age group? How are they doing? In an earlier post the Titans were mentioned. Is that the Greenwich Titans? Are they also playing in the OBLL? What age group? Thanks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage

The fact is that weekends at this time of year become quiet as most everyone is out actually playing their games. As for volume, we have many threads with more than 100,000 views but the point is that we often will start new threads to better direct the conversation. We served a record number of pages and users last week here on BOTC, so you sure could have fooled us about things being "quiet".

Tad defensive Cage. Merely just pointing out and reflective of what you just stated. It is spring, the boys are out playing and us parents can spend more time watching and enjoying their kids as opposed to adding to the almost constant banter that occurs on these forums early in the year to occupy the slow winter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage

Tad defensive Cage. Merely just pointing out and reflective of what you just stated. It is spring, the boys are out playing and us parents can spend more time watching and enjoying their kids as opposed to adding to the almost constant banter that occurs on these forums early in the year to occupy the slow winter.

I was thinking the same thing, with games finally starting you would think posting would be up, and instead of conjecture posting I thought it would be some real results based, chest thumping in your face posting. seems like March came in like a lion and is going out like a lamb - now I am sure laxmom with post a question about if her 2nd grade lamb should post on the second grade nassau site or post up on the Suffolk 3rd grade site....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think some of these parents realized they were putting unjust pressure on the Boys and the Teams. So many good Teams out there anything could happen.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
My Nassau Suffolk PAL question was just that a general question. I know where my son plays, who he plays for and how they play and I have no complaints. This is a lax forum where people can come ask lax questions and get answers from people who know them...for the most part I have gotten really great answers from knowledgeable people...I just can't seem to shake this one anonymous person who never really has anything useful to say. I don't need to come on here and toot my sons horn about how well he and his team played over the weekend....he is in 2nd grade they don't even have horns worth tooting yet. Sorry CageSage I know this is the OBLL thread...just wanted to address the comment where it came from.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there anyway to post the past games and results? by age bracket for boys and girls? Just wondering who's been playing and how the teams are doing?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there anyway to post the past games and results? by age bracket for boys and girls? Just wondering who's been playing and how the teams are doing?

I'd be interested in hearing this too. I do not even know who my son is going to play until we show up at the field.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

I'd be interested in hearing this too. I do not even know who my son is going to play until we show up at the field.
Since the OBLL schedules are apparently drawn week-to-week, the actual game slate based on what we have been told is rarely known until just a few days before the actual event.

If the OBLL had advanced schedules available, BOTC would be thrilled to carry the details as we have done for three other spring leagues this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry, I'm not asking for games to come, I'm referring to the results (scores) and the teams that have played over the last 4 weeks. That information is in the past, but only the respective teams have that information. Does OBLL have all the game scores reported back and could that be shared on this forum?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yea -what's the story with OBLL. No schedule?? No stats?? C'mon get it together!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yea -what's the story with OBLL. No schedule?? No stats?? C'mon get it together!

To the best of my knowledge, results have never been poster. They used to post the weekend schedules on the website on Wednesday or Thursday of each week.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OBLL is not a structured league, teams join and are given "x" number of games, the league then takes all the teams, attempts to match them up by age and ability and get them games each week. some weeks you play two games, other weeks you don't play, sometimes they bring in out of town teams who play 3-4 games in a day against league teams. in the end you get some good lacrosse after getting very frustrated each thursday still wondering if, where and when you are playing that week and you will have no standing or statistics but you should have pretty good experience, we always have

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2021 Express vs Jesters? : Anyone know how this game turned out? Wondering what the Jesters did with their new 3rd grade team with open registration and no tryouts...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
tie, 4 all...good game, two equally matched teams...Express have been playing together since the fall, Jesters have been playing together for a few weeks. from what I have seen in this age group 91 Orange and Igloo dominate (igloo beat Express something like 18 to 2).

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
How many 3rd grade teams in the league? Are those 91 and Igloo teams all 3rd graders?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They both did very well thank you. Come on, this is third grade. Its about staying positive,having fun and playing. Whats next, an all tryout team for pre-k? I see some of you idiots out there screaming at 2nd graders like they are college athletes. Keep it in perspective and let them enjoy themselves. Just because your playing days are over dont heap all your baggage on their shoulders.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any way to post results of the games played so far.
by grade by division

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Gladiators 2019 beat Outlaws Black 10-4 this weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by speedlax
Gladiators 2019 beat Outlaws Black 10-4 this weekend.

How are the other 2019 teams doing???? Any word on express? It's kinda quiet on here...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw Express 2019 O play twice this spring at Burns (once before once after our game). They are a solid team. Fun to watch, but even better to see the smiles before and after the games.

Some of the parents have commented on great coaching, friendly boys (and families).

I believe they have played most of that ranked 2019 list between Fall/Spring (without a full squad - as I am sure many teams have).

Any of their opponents care to comment on the games against them.

But lets keep it in perspective, rankings dont matter much at this age (lets wait until they are in 7th grade for that).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2019 Ranking
1. Dune Dawgs
2. Express Orange
3. 91 Orange
4. Gladiators
5. True Blue
6. Outlaws

Based on OBLL play and Shamrock Shootout results

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess DD has the target on their backs.

Not sure they play any off these teams during the Spring Summer. So by default i guess the stay #1

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is the Dune Dawgs overall program? Are their other teams as competitive as the 5th grade team? I see they have many teams listed on their website. Saw a younger team at the Shootout but they were definitely a developing team. I hear they have a few 91 players on the 5th grade team. What's up with that?

What about the 6th and 7th grade teams? or are they a one team wonder?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
How is the Dune Dawgs overall program? Are their other teams as competitive as the 5th grade team? I see they have many teams listed on their website. Saw a younger team at the Shootout but they were definitely a developing team. I hear they have a few 91 players on the 5th grade team. What's up with that?

What about the 6th and 7th grade teams? or are they a one team wonder?
Havoc/Dune Dawgs are having tryouts this weekend, April 22nd. You can stop by and get some first hand information if you so choose.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone recommend competive summer lacrosse leagues for Nassau County Town Teams. Thanks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is the tryout for Dune Dawgs to replace 91 players (because now they have to play 91 for spring summer). If so how many kids are they looking and for which positions.

Or is it for the havoc side which is the developmental side... and it is for a new team.

Like Reply Quote
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard