BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Oyster Bay Lacrosse League - Spring 2012
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
is the tryout for Dune Dawgs to replace 91 players (because now they have to play 91 for spring summer). If so how many kids are they looking and for which positions.

Or is it for the havoc side which is the developmental side... and it is for a new team.

Doubt it. The coach of one of the 91 players is the coach of the Dune Dawg team. He is also a coach on the 91 team. Crazy! How do they manage tournaments? Dune Dawgs would be just an average team without the 91 players. They are good.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dune dawg hovac is nothing but a money machine in the making, with out the coaching to back them up it will fall apart out there real soon,there is one good team in the whole program,anyone who goes there is crazy they are no 91,express,outlaws and will never be

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo is all based on the u9 us lacrosse rules. They are required to submit birth certificates at tryouts. They are not grade based. Very goog program

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
R u talking about the 3rd grade jesters team or the new 2nd grade jesters team coached by spencer Garfield?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank god the OBLL season is over. Absolutely by far the worst officiated league I have ever seen. what an absolute joke these clowns are.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank god the OBLL season is over. Absolutely by far the worst officiated league I have ever seen. what an absolute joke these clowns are.

What age group? My son played in the 7/8 Grade division I found most of the refs competent. I didn't agree with every call,never will - but I thought they were decent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
R u talking about the 3rd grade jesters team or the new 2nd grade jesters team coached by spencer Garfield?

What do you know about the Spencer Garfield 2nd Grade team? How good can they be without try-outs?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What age group? My son played in the 7/8 Grade division I found most of the refs competent. I didn't agree with every call,never will - but I thought they were decent.

===========================================

Agree...
I thought the Refs were pretty good over all during the season.
This complaint sounds like coming from Express Parents. They are so loud at the SL & always complain, except the times when their team wins.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
does Igloo have orange and blue team in 3rd grade?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shame on you to even speak about a team of 7/8 year olds in terms of how good they are...bad enough this happens with 9 year olds...shouldnt you be asking whether they are having fun and getting better at lacrosse? My son plays on the 2nd Grade Jesters Team...the team has two committed coaches who are great with the kids, the kids are learning and having fun...they have had something like 15 practices, 5-6 games...coaches work on skill building as well as some more advanced concepts and ALL of the kids (the stronger and the weaker kids on the team) seem to be benefiting from the practices...I have only heard possitive things from the parents on the sidelines as well.
Just out of curiosity when you say "how good can they be" who are you comparing them to?...some ultra-elite 7 year old team who are being recruited by D-1 Schools?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Im not an express parent and I have to agree that the officiating I witnessed was mostly atrocious. Very few of the officials actually know the rules, there is no consistency in the way the game is called, they engage the parents way too much as well. I totally understand how hard it is to officiate, but there should be some level of competency. I actually saw a referee on a cell phone during a game this season!!!!! I dont consider myself a complainer but i have to say the officiating i saw this season was extremely poor to say the least.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is SL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sidelines

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sore Loser

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw a ball hit the pipe and shoot back to the midfield in an OBYLL game and the ref called it a goal! Creative officiating!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Did you see the ref who was on the phone during the game? Running up down the field talking on the phone and on the phone while the kids were taking faceoffs that was creative.

Like Reply Quote
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard