BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Oyster Bay Lacrosse League - Spring 2012
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh Mom!! come on.....can't I just play here on BOTN without you ruining my fun!!!!
Express Rules

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They made their winning announcement real quick last week!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
did they "roll" today?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did everyone have an off day? Korwins team? True Blue? McManus'sTeam? its F*!^king MARCH and these kids are 12/13 WHO cares LET THEM PLAY!!!!HAVE FUN!!! there are some really good players on all these teams that in years to come we all will be watching on Saturdays. PARENTS PLEASE sit back and ENJOY the ride and enjoy the snacks!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did 91 do??? Oh yea they are playing in some town team league!!! I guess they will be putting up pictures on their web-site soon. Everyone should have boycotted their money maker ....the Shamrock thing which is just that .....a March Sham of a tournament. Oh well....we know better for next year.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Did everyone have an off day? Korwins team? True Blue? McManus'sTeam? its F*!^king MARCH and these kids are 12/13 WHO cares LET THEM PLAY!!!!HAVE FUN!!! there are some really good players on all these teams that in years to come we all will be watching on Saturdays. PARENTS PLEASE sit back and ENJOY the ride and enjoy the snacks!!

Agree 100% however when you run your mouth one weekend after a win and things don't go your way the next, you can expect some backlash. I know it's not the kids or the coaches and this isn't directed at them. It is the parents that talk trash and to them I repeat your words.."LET THEM PLAY".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not possible- they are the Team to beat. Must have been missing key players.

Here we go again! The same excuses!!! Maybe the other teams also were missing key players...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Amen!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did they really lose to a town team? Just curoius because I think this North Shore town team is registered in the Shamrock and Syosset tournaments.

Not that a good town team cant beat a club team, just surprising to beat one of the "top" club teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Re: New to this. Thank you for your response. I assume that the teams first form for the winter leagues then stay together through the fall?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are you so concerned about 91? Sounds like someone is very insecure.
It's become obvious that 91 has become the premier organization at the younger level, and in time, will overtake the Express at the older levels. Just think of all the great talent that have no plans on attending St Anthonys. They will finally have a choice of a top program other than Express.
Smart decision for 91 to not play OBLL. All MC does is schedule them against garbage teams. Would much rather have a practice than play an hour of garbage.
Look at all the fighting going on within your own organization. What a shame.
Accept it already. Express is becoming a has been!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How bad of a beating did 17Orange put on the Gladiators?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did they really lose to a town team? Just curoius because I think this North Shore town team is registered in the Shamrock and Syosset tournaments.

Not that a good town team cant beat a club team, just surprising to beat one of the "top" club teams.

North Shore has 2 town teams (Midshipman A team, Blackknights B Team), they are registered in Shamrock. Blacknights lost Saturday to fl$ and Midshipman 7th grade team lost to RVC 7/8 and Manhasset 8th teams on Saturday

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which team did North Shore beat, they are a real solid team, well coached..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Glad my son's team decided against joing OBLL. BTW, what happened to the Express 2016 Orange team? Don't see them in the OBLL or on the NPYLL league site.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are you so concerned about 91? Sounds like someone is very insecure.
It's become obvious that 91 has become the premier organization at the younger level, and in time, will overtake the Express at the older levels. Just think of all the great talent that have no plans on attending St Anthonys. They will finally have a choice of a top program other than Express.
Smart decision for 91 to not play OBLL. All MC does is schedule them against garbage teams. Would much rather have a practice than play an hour of garbage.
Look at all the fighting going on within your own organization. What a shame.
Accept it already. Express is becoming a has been!!!!!

Let's keep 91 out of this thread. The Express parents are entertaining enough bragging/making excuses for their own teams. The Express parents will implode upon themselves soon enough and keep us entertained through the summer. These are the same people who talked up their kid's team last year and left for Express when they realized they couldn't go undefeated. Once the Express teams lose a few games this year, the same thing will happen and they will move on for next year. In the meantime, let's just enjoy the fireworks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of what i heard it was the other way around.
Gladiators beat them handily. I think the final was a difference of 4 or 5 goals.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like FLG17 beat NS Blk Knights - I think the NS MidShip 2017 team beat RVC 7th/8th

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

North Shore has 2 town teams (Midshipman A team, Blackknights B Team), they are registered in Shamrock. Blacknights lost Saturday to fl$ and Midshipman 7th grade team lost to RVC 7/8 and Manhasset 8th teams on Saturday

12PM fl$ 2017 NS BLACK KNIGHTS 7
1PM LI EXPRESS 2017 MCMANUS NS MIDSHIPMEN 7
2PM MANHASSET 8 BARRETT NS MIDSHIPMEN 7

Was this schedule not correct? It was posted a few days ago.. Thought NS was playing express orange.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The first week these two 2017 Express teams play decent competition looked what happened. I hear the other 2017 Team in OBLL played well on Sunday.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All you people on here, running your mouths about your 11,12 and 13 year old kids travel teams.... SAD
These teams are for one thing, and one thing only. To get your kid better as a player!! It's not about some travel coach/director who can lure in the best kids. Stop with all this nonsence!!! Focus on the developement of you own kid. No one cares if who beat who... Trust me, your kids High School coach will not care if your kid is on some travel team, the kids with the most skills, work ethic, most coachable, and good school behavior will make the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

12PM fl$ 2017 NS BLACK KNIGHTS 7
1PM LI EXPRESS 2017 MCMANUS NS MIDSHIPMEN 7
2PM MANHASSET 8 BARRETT NS MIDSHIPMEN 7

Was this schedule not correct? It was posted a few days ago.. Thought NS was playing express orange.

12PM GLADIATORS 7 LI EXPRESS 2017 MCMANUS
1PM HOTSHOTZ 7 LI EXPRESS 2017 MCMANUS

This was yesterday's schedule.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Looks like FLG17 beat NS Blk Knights - I think the NS MidShip 2017 team beat RVC 7th/8th

fl$ beat Blackknights 6 -3, rvc 7th/8th beat NS Midshipmen 10 - 0

Last edited by LAXER DAD; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express 2020 Orange 5 - Outlaws 2019 Black 3

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how did express 2019 orange do

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Score was 5-4

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who did 2021 Espress play and what was the score, thanks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is fl$ 2018 playing OBLL? I haven't heard much about them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just wondering, do any of you have a job?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2021? really? what a colossal waste of time

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3 express kids were able to say the alphabet correctly. The team they played failed to blow their noses the right way and were penalized throughout the game. They all took a nice halftime nap and finished with duck-duck-goose.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2021? really? what a colossal waste of time

Is that a 3rd grade team? I think they played a fourth grade team. Nothing wrong with travel lax in the spring for 4th graders- especially if they are in it to learn and not win, win win.
Sure beats them hanging indoors for hours each day playing MW3.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's funny stuff b/c there are 25 8 year old kids whose parents are shelling out $2,000+ for the spring season to say that their kids are on LI Express Orange (and btw....there is only one team and they took everyone who tried out ).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's funny stuff b/c there are 25 8 year old kids whose parents are shelling out $2,000+ for the spring season to say that their kids are on LI Express Orange (and btw....there is only one team and they took everyone who tried out ).

Actually you are funny...

Parents shelled out $200+ for spring season just like everyone else. Where you came up with thousands for spring is absurd. They paid the same for summer as well just like everyone else and are playing in the same number of tournaments.

And btw....they did take everyone who tried out, forming two teams Orange and Blue. Those placed on Blue opted out to go elsewhere or realized maybe PAL was more appropriate. Just btw.......

No worries, you just don't have any facts and chose to spread inaccuracies.

The kids are 8 years old, leave this alone. These forums are becoming a gutter full of waste and those that produce it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Close but not exactly...my son made the "orange" team and we dropped it...the cost will be well in excess of $2,000 for spring and summer. There were no tryouts just a few practices...they made an orange team and a blue team, blue had between 8-12 players, they combined teams and mostly orange team players left as they felt there were too many players on the team. This team is not elite when compared to 91 or igloo...this is evidenced by express losing at the havoc tournament to both teams by well over 10 goals in each game....granted that was early in the season. Express canceled their winter practice schedule and then after the humiliating defeats scrambled to put together a few practices. The coaches are nice guys and there are some good players on the team but this is an all-incluvie team (everyone who showed up made it). Still they at just 8 year olds so I am a little embarrassed even responding but since my son was on the team, I did want to set the record straight.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Close but not exactly...my son made the "orange" team and we dropped it...the cost will be well in excess of $2,000 for spring and summer. There were no tryouts just a few practices...they made an orange team and a blue team, blue had between 8-12 players, they combined teams and mostly orange team players left as they felt there were too many players on the team. This team is not elite when compared to 91 or igloo...this is evidenced by express losing at the havoc tournament to both teams by well over 10 goals in each game....granted that was early in the season. Express canceled their winter practice schedule and then after the humiliating defeats scrambled to put together a few practices. The coaches are nice guys and there are some good players on the team but this is an all-incluvie team (everyone who showed up made it). Still they at just 8 year olds so I am a little embarrassed even responding but since my son was on the team, I did want to set the record straight.

Emabarrased?- really, you wrote a short narrative.

Set the record straight?- you didn't.

Most of the more skilled Orange stayed- how do I know, well because the faces are the same.

Elite?- [lacrosse] no! my kid is only 8 he only shows potential. I will update in 6 years or so if he is elite. No 2021 team should ever use the term elite, so silly.

Other teams you mentioned have played together already for over a year, of course they are more competitive.

Have fun this season with your son.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I see no problem with parents paying the money if they have it- to some it is a drop in the bucket. My kid does not play for this team or this organization- but seriously- who cares if their parents shell out the money- they know what they did and they want their kids to play- so let them play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I see no problem with parents paying the money if they have it- to some it is a drop in the bucket. My kid does not play for this team or this organization- but seriously- who cares if their parents shell out the money- they know what they did and they want their kids to play- so let them play.

I was thinking the same thing earlier. It almost seems as if people are jealous that others can do this.... There is always PAL for the others.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The beauty of this forum is the ability to discuss the positives and negatives of programs, teams , tournaments, leagues, etc....someone crapping on a team doesn't make them jealous that they can't afford it and the options aren't LI Express or PAL....think about it for $2,000 you could buy 40 1-hour private lessons with a D-1 coach....just saying. In as much as most programs cost the same after 4th grade, I doubt it's a bout the money and more about what you get for the money. And I am not sure parents all know what they get for the money, sometimes you don't know until after you commit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The beauty of this forum is the ability to discuss the positives and negatives of programs, teams , tournaments, leagues, etc....someone crapping on a team doesn't make them jealous that they can't afford it and the options aren't LI Express or PAL....think about it for $2,000 you could buy 40 1-hour private lessons with a D-1 coach....just saying. In as much as most programs cost the same after 4th grade, I doubt it's a bout the money and more about what you get for the money. And I am not sure parents all know what they get for the money, sometimes you don't know until after you commit.

No one was complaining about the team though. Someone asked how they played on Saturday and what the score was. Then others started in on how it is a waste of money to be paying for a team for 3rd graders. I am not seeing a discussion on what they are not getting or getting in terms of practices, coaches, tournaments. It is a team, they allowed it to be a walk on and like any travel team for any sport, there is always a market for kids/parents that want more. If parents are okay with that- they can spend their money. Other programs opened up 2nd- 3rd grade teams and if the conversation turned to which organization offered the most for the money- then that would be helpful. In the mean time- does anyone know how this 2021 Express team did - because that is what the OP wanted to know- and it is not me, nor do I know.

Like Reply Quote
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard