Originally Posted by Anonymous
From reading this thread about contacting players. I think what i gather from it is that it's not about contacting players from another team to join their team, but rather the timing, and how it was done deceptively. If it was common place why wouldn't teams take each others players or sabotage rivals more frequently. Imagine Hawks convincing 2/3 FCA starting players to come to their team 2 weeks before playoffs start leaving FCA without their starters. If this happens regularly I stand corrected.

I know of half a dozen kids that switched between elite teams at the beginning of summer tournaments - is that timing better or worse? How would a coach contact a player in a way that is not "deceptive"? Are the coaches supposed to call the other coach and ask them permission? Sabotaging rivals does happen regularly - look at Madlax vs Next Level for examples.

Bottom line is that nobody owns a player. At the elite level of club/high school/college, teams with holes to fill will reach out to players throughout the year to let them know they have an opportunity available. It's up to the parents and kids to decide if/when it's right to leave a team. It's up to teams and coaches to keep their players happy.