Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by watchthemplay
Fca is no different than any other club- they market it well but the same problems exist . what hurts them is training and parent coaching at some of the levels. Think they mean well but they can be hypocritical.

as much as they say its not a feeder to CHC it is, well over half the 2022 team is registered 9th graders at CHC. just own it no worries

This is my son's first year with FCA and while I don't disagree with what you stated we could not be happier with the team, the coaching and the parents. They may have some 'issues' that you see with other teams; the difference is they address them immediately and do not let it impact the team. Our coaches go out of the way to be a part of the boys lives outside of Lacrosse which you really do not see in other programs. The good far outweigh the bad.

That has been our experience since last Fall; now I know how this forum works so let the bashing of this opinion begin. lol

I agree with what you said about the coaches taking interest in their players lives outside of lacrosse. That speaks volumes to a coach's character. More coaches should take notes on that. You get good things from your players when they get acknowledgment from you. It's just a fact.

VISION

To see the world transformed by Jesus Christ through the influence of coaches and athletes.

MISSION

To lead every coach and athlete into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ and His church.

VALUES

Our relationships will demonstrate steadfast commitment to Jesus Christ and His Word through Integrity, Serving, Teamwork and Excellence.
Integrity
We will demonstrate Christ-like wholeness, privately and publicly. (Proverbs 11:3)
Serving
We will model Jesus’ example of serving. (John 13:1-17)
Teamwork
We will express our unity in Christ in all our relationships. (Philippians 2:1-4)
Excellence
We will honor and glorify God in all we do. (Colossians 3:23-24)

STRATEGY

To and Through the Coach
We pursue our vision and mission through the strategy of to and through the coach. We seek ministry first to coaches hearts, marriages and families. Then, when ready, we minister through coaches to their fellow coaches, teams and athlete leaders.

Billy Graham said, “A coach will impact more people in one year than the average person will in an entire lifetime.” With the influence of a coach, FCA recognizes the most strategic way to reach more athletes is to first reach the coach.

Whoa... that's pretty extreme. I had no idea.