Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Not a boy on my son’s HOCO team is older than 10. Stop with the excuses and have your boys hit the wall.

Just ignorant and idiotic statement. The HOCO dad said it above "my son's team doesn't have a kid with a birthday earlier than July 2012 and only one before September 2012, about half the team is 2013 birthdays"

LI teams are 95%+ all 2013. You're 10+ yo are still playing against 9+ yo. Its just the way the age cutoff for schools works.

Also, by your own admission 1/2 the team is born in 12 vs almost 100% of LI teams born in 13. By your own statements its clear HOCO teams are on average at least 6-10 months older. Silly that you can't/refuse to admit to this yet think there is something in the water that makes HOCO teams the best in the country. Its idiotic...there are good teams and kids everywhere, yet most seem to be on LI or HOCO b/c its a "hotbed" of coaches, teams, etc.. There is an edge to HOCO b/c of the school cutoffs., which is why HOCO teams never win the WS. Its not really even debatable at this point.

That 6-10 months is a big difference when you look at one team vs. another. Its basically a 5-15% difference in age.
There’s enough copium in this post to kill a horse!

Fwiw LI teams are pretty good at every other age bracket as far as I can tell. I don’t think there’s anything special about the HOCO 31s relative to other years so perhaps there’s just a drought year crop of LI 4th graders.