Originally Posted by Anonymous
Which tournaments are Igloo and the good(?) rebels team playing in this summer?

We have friends (parents) on the Winter Soldiers and Arctic Wolves as well as Rebels Stealth, Riot and Raiders and looks like scheduling is still being finalized for 2023 Spring all around.

Last head to head was at Tristar Octoberfest in GC but some were missing Igloo 7, Stealth 6 still very close.

The Rebels look very strong on all their 2031 teams as does Igloo. So I would consider all to be good at the 9-10 year old level. Definitely Top of the clubs in LI by far. Coaches on both Igloo and Rebels seem very composed on sidelines this Fall year and they all run plays and make calls on the field. Kids are kids but will only respond to the training and mindset of the coaches.

Looks like from the Tourney Machine app the Igloo Winter Soldiers AA team played the Rebels Riot team in championship on turkey shoot out score was 7-2 but both teams were missing a few key players so not sure what the outcome would have been. The Rebels Raiders team also did very good but lost to Rebels Riot on the semi finals. Not sure why both teams within the same club have to play each other. That Turkey shoot out was very weak turnout, only the Winter Soldiers, Riot and Raiders were there at the 2031 level, definitely poor planning on the organization to get teams.

I guess it was payback since the Rebels Stealth team beat the Igloo Arctic Wolves the weekend before at Fall Lacrosse Classic at Stony Brook 14-0. Then Stealth met the 91 Team Titans in the championship and Stealth won 9-1 who are also very good. The 91 Team Warrior look ok too but many of those players were from a regroup of last years sharks and ex igloo / rebels that wanted more play time.

Definitely looks like some disparity from their AA teams to their non AA I guess but not by much.

I think it will be a fun spring/ summer as all these boys grow and get better.