Wow that was aggressive response...sounds like we all struck a nerve of that guy.

1) Isn't this why USA lacrosse is changing the rules (which is proof in of itself).

2) you all confirmed without realizing it what everyone from LI knew. There is enough of an age difference for it to matter. You stated "our oldest kids were 10 in the fall". If the cutoff is July, its reasonable to conclude that at least 1/2 or the majority of kids were born in summer, fall and Winter of 2012. In LI b/c the age cutoff is 12/30/12, I'd guess 1-2 kids (per team) were born in December (maybe 1 in November) (on my kids team I know of 2 kids that were born last week of December that's it), but none before. Therefore your "10 year olds" are playing against kids that are 8 and 9, which makes the age difference minimum of 6 months but on average probably more like 8-10 months). That's a huge difference...even if just 6 or 8 months on average...that's a big difference. The facts all you HOCO dads stated basically confirm this all to be true. They are still great kids and teams don't get me wrong, but its basically us playing up a year and your teams playing down.