Originally Posted by Anonymous
If your kid goes to a big school with a great lax program he has a really good shot at getting a ride through school. But if your school program is weak travel is the next best thing! My son has been playing travel since 1st grade and things have changed dramatically in the last few years for the worse! Their are so many clubs now these club teams have no depth. Most of the time the top players are also top players in other sports so if they don't show for a tourne the teams really breaks down! At this age I don't think it matters if your on a top AA team or a B team, as long as he gets seen!

I’ll disagree. The coaches will more often watch the good teams at team showcases. They won’t be lining up for B teams, sorry. I am speaking from experience. That’s why it’s up to club to play the best competition without getting blown out. And don’t make highlight film vs below average competition. The coach looks at the player and who the player is competing against. As for HS, yes, they’ll go to the better games.