No matter if a top program or not, I don't like a town saying you cant do what you want, but i can understand. I'd wish all town/schools being flexible by allowing a player to do both a travel and their school/town team.

The big question is, will a town program ever get to be a top teir if they loose their top players every season. It will be hard to become a top program if the players dont gel and their better than average players do not get to play with their top players.

Originally Posted by LaxDad#14
I totally get your idea of the two divisions... That could definitely work. As for schools doing the pressure thing, I feel that is wrong. I don't know where these school coaches get off doing that. Top tier programs I can understand, the others no!

Originally Posted by Anonymous
There are a number of towns where this goes on. There is pressure put on the kids to play only with their town (especially the strongest players).

A "True Premier League" will only consist of 4 to 6 teams per grade. If you have two devisions you could have 8 to 10 teams total. At the end of the season you could move the bottom one or two teams down and the top one to two teams up.

If the goal is "player development" this is one way to do it. If the goal is winning games then keep the current format.