While i agree it is not for everyone, it should not just be for A or above, what purpose does that serve to the greater good of LI Lacrosse. that is what it is about.

Have a jamboree to rank the teams, then play teams ranked simialr to yours. It is that simple. Stop sayign they are only 8, there are only 9, they are only 10, when does it stop!

If volunteer vs pay wasnt a factor.

why cant PAL see the need to evolve. Why cant nassua and suffolk PAL combine. Why cant they be the leader (since they have pull for the town fields).

Why cant PAL say,
1). We will create a league across Nassau and Suffolk for teams to play.
2). We will offer a competitve league and developmental league..
3). have a jamboree to try and rank teams (to split into Competitive ad developmental).
4). We will take 2 weeks to rank teams, and create competitive leagues.

of course PAL rules will govern the league. With 11 weeks before the start of the spring can we do this for the sake of the sport and our children.

it is a start to retain LI as a lax HOT BED. and id rather see PAL do it than anyone else. Lets lose th estigman that PAl is not competitve. PAl shoul dbe a palce were all abilities can play and be developed as the best player and persons they can be. Whether that is an AA or d player.

Originally Posted by LaxDad#14
I don't think the high school, town, and others come into play regarding this. If you were to designate this a "premiere league", it should consist of the best kids from LI. Which goes back to my point earlier " that this league would not be for every team, program, or child for that matter"..... Do you honestly think the parents of these kids care what the local coaches think? If your child can play, and play well what high school program will shun that kid once the time comes him to play?

I know sage said before that it could consist of any division, but this should only consist of A level or better players. Everyone else continue to play PAL, or the other leagues available to them.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
""Besides the risk of revenue loss for a club owner, there's absolutely no reason not to organize a Long Island Lacrosse League so the best of Long Island can compete with one another locally.""

Club Owners are not the only problem.

HS Coaches, Town Team Coaches and Town Lacrosse Board Members also use Fear as a tactic against the kids and parents.