Originally Posted by Anonymous
My son and I live in Harford County and he is interested in trying out for some club teams this year; his rec coach that has coached him for the last 3 years moved to Florida. Could the forum give me some advice on the clubs in our area; strengths and weaknesses to help me decide the direction we should be going? Right now we are looking at Thunder, Looney's, FCA and Team 91 2023. Thank you for your help!

Our family doesn't live up that way...we are in the DC area...but in general, if he is making the move from rec to club...I would say to plan on trying out for at least a couple of teams. Many of the rosters will be pretty set with coaches looking to upgrade from the bottom of their rosters...the best chance is to spread out his opportunities. It will also give you a chance to observe the coaches and get a feel for the type of person and coach they are...my sons team has played against all of the ones you mention, except for Thunder, and while they vary in talent and success, they all appeared to be well coached...in particular the FCA team, which will probably be the hardest to make