@BackOfTheCAGE
Posted By: B_O_T_C Boys 2023 -
It's the start of the Fall 2016/Spring 2017 season. Use this thread for your posts regarding this age group
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2023 -
How was Crabs, Looneys, and FCA tryouts yesterday?
Hot
Looks like Crabs roster is set. Any changes?
What about FCA and Looneys?
How many kids did Crabs poach from other teams this year? Saw at least 3 Crabs helmets at Looneys tryouts.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How many kids did Crabs poach from other teams this year? Saw at least 3 Crabs helmets at Looneys tryouts.
Poach? Since when is wanting to play with the best 2023 team poaching? That Crabs 2023 team is legit... There record and 2 summer tournaments wins speak for themselves...Those kids have a great future and work their butts off.... Parents see that and want their kids to have the same experience....If that is poaching then OK...
6th grade lacrosse. Who cares
Poach? Since when is wanting to play with the best 2023 team poaching? That Crabs 2023 team is legit... There record and 2 summer tournaments wins speak for themselves...Those kids have a great future and work their butts off.... Parents see that and want their kids to have the same experience....If that is poaching then OK...

Agree that crabs 2023 team is so good I expect them to dominate the 2024 scene in a couple years
Hahaha! Exactly!

Agree that crabs 2023 team is so good I expect them to dominate the 2024 scene in a couple years
YUP same guys always adding his nonsense
The 2023 team is daddy ball at its finest. Head Coach Flat Brim, I'm sorry, assistant coach, is as bad as the Fat Crab himself. At least Flat Brim played the game. Good luck to any Attackman on the team, don't you dare take shots away from coach daddy's son.
The 2023 team is daddy ball at its finest. Head Coach Flat Brim, I'm sorry, assistant coach, is as bad as the Fat Crab himself. At least Flat Brim played the game. Good luck to any Attackman on the team, don't you dare take shots away from coach daddy's son.

It's Flat Brim? I thought it was White Sunglasses?

Ask any parent on that team how happy they are with the coaching and dedication of that coaching staff...Haters gotta hate....Your son must have either did not make the team or that Crabs 2023 team beat the snot out of you in the summer or spring....By far the Crabs 2023 is the best team in Maryland and I would easily put them in the top 3 in the country with Team 91, Igloo, Bethesda, and Brothery Love up there as well....The coaches on that team are doing something right considering the response for the kids on the team...

Ask any parent on that team how happy they are with the coaching and dedication of that coaching staff...Haters gotta hate....Your son must have either did not make the team or that Crabs 2023 team beat the snot out of you in the summer or spring....By far the Crabs 2023 is the best team in Maryland and I would easily put them in the top 3 in the country with Team 91, Igloo, Bethesda, and Brothery Love up there as well....The coaches on that team are doing something right considering the response for the kids on the team...

Isn't Bethesda in MD and didn't they win the spring league?

Yeah but no one cares about Bethesda... As the years go by their teams fall apart and eventually their best players will be at Crabs...Can't count them plus Crabs destroyed them in the last tournament of the season...
We are talking about 6th graders right? Get a grip man

Yeah but no one cares about Bethesda... As the years go by their teams fall apart and eventually their best players will be at Crabs...Can't count them plus Crabs destroyed them in the last tournament of the season...

Here's a news flash. You are bragging about a 6th grade boys lacrosse team. Time to take a step back and look at your own life and your own failings.

6-4 is quite the blow-out

Here's a news flash. You are bragging about a 6th grade boys lacrosse team. Time to take a step back and look at your own life and your own failings.

Flat Brim might be too tight.

No, never lost to Flat Brim/white sunglasses. No sure about the happy parent comment either. Maybe we sat next to each other during games, maybe we hung out at practice together. Then again, maybe we didn't. Any team that practices three days a week for a total of 9-10 hours is going to get better no matter who coaches the team. And yes, that's how much they practice since everyone seemed to show up earlier and earlier.
Flat Brim so tight veins are popping out!
If you are so worried about daddy ball and flat brims winning the game....explain to me why all the coaches on the Loony's team have kids. (Exception goalie coach)If daddy ball played a part in winning than you would think they would be in first place. They are last place. They were however first place when flat brim and his kid were there. Don't be jealous! Give credit where credit is due. Crabs 2023 is successful because the coaches are good and the kids are good. They are a team and it shows. It is always fun to watch good teams play other good teams. Just enjoy the fact you are in Maryland with such great teams and stop hating on the coaches and the kids!
I hear that the Bethesda 2023 coach was asked to leave even though the team won the HC championship last year? Any background?

I've seen just about all these teams play last summer and Crabs do not belong in that conversation. The top 5 teams at 2023 right now are 88+3, LIE, igloo, Duke's Nationals & S2S.
I've seen all the so called top teams play last summer and the top 5 teams at 2023 right now are 88+3, LIE, igloo, Duke's Nationals & S2S. Not necessarily in this order.

LOL!

Dude, you need to get a grip. These are 6th grade boys. And my guess is you are the coach.
New to this thread. My son plays for CT Chargers 2023 Blue. How do the CT club teams stack up vs. other states?
I've seen all the so called top teams play last summer and the top 5 teams at 2023 right now are 88+3, LIE, igloo, Duke's Nationals & S2S. Not necessarily in this order.
Hilarious.... Your so full of [lacrosse]...Didn't that Crabs team beat Igloo twice in the same tournament? Dukes really? Joke of an organization....
This guy is drinking the kool-aid.
New to this thread. My son plays for CT Chargers 2023 Blue. How do the CT club teams stack up vs. other states?
dead last.
Sure you did. If you played in Maryland you lost to flat brim. They lost to Bethesda but beat them in the summer. So, you...I mean your kid unless you are a coach lost. I guess it would be best if he wore a fisherman camo hat or a whale? Who knows? Who really cares? As far as practices...while you are busy playing in your Saturday league...they are practicing. No different than your team. They are a better team for it and it shows. Why play in games on Saturday when you could be practicing? Sounds like good coaching to me! Face facts. Doesn't matter what you are wearing or if your daddy is the coach...if you are a good player than it shows. If you are a good coach, it shows.
I guess your kid got cut from the team this year! Maybe didn't even belong on the team in the first place. Clearly you are disgruntled. What B team did you end up playing for this year? Who will you be talking S*%& about this year on the sideline while your son sits the bench. Don't sound so jealous and callous. You knew all along your son shouldn't be on the team. That would be your fault! In the end kissing a$$ and talking s*% doesn't produce results on the field. Hard work and drive does and you and your kid are clearly lacking in both. Try baseball!
who are you targeting with that comment, coach?
Not a coach...a parent calling you out on you BS comments! It's inappropriate. Now you understand because clearly my comments resignate with you!
The person asking who you targeted in your vile comments about a 6th grader differs from the poster of the comment that provoked your vile comments.
Either or both may may be a parent of a current player, or of a kid cut, or of a kid who played for the coach previously, or simply of a kid who has played against him.
I agree that comments attacking a coach personally, and referring to his son, have no place on this forum.
More importantly, I think comments such as yours attacking a kid are repugnant.
By the way, "resignate"? The word you intended is resonate. Check a dictionary before using multi syllable words you don't understand.
No one is attacking a kid personally. The poster is calling out a coach and his kid. Everyone knows who they are referring to. My comment is a comment that resonates with many, many people. However, I did not call out kid in particular. I don't even know who I am talking to. However, I do not think it is offensive to say someone is lacking drive and hard work.
Thank you for pointing out my misuse of vocabulary. Try proofreading your own post. **may may**
Too funny....Your vocabulary sucks... Oh yeah well you should proof read your posts.....Blah blah blah....So pointless...Let's get to the important things like bashing coaches and clubs...Eventually it will be revealed who is the best 6th grade lacrosse team in Maryland...I can't wait
Not a coach...a parent calling you out on you BS comments! It's inappropriate. Now you understand because clearly my comments resignate with you!

resonate, not resignate, you idiot.
To the parent calling out the work ethic of a kid last year on the Crabs 2023 team, my guess is your son was not on that team. I bet your son is new to the team. I doubt anyone from last year's team would say that. It was a close group supportive of the the players and coaches.
To the parent calling out the work ethic of a kid last year on the Crabs 2023 team, my guess is your son was not on that team. I bet your son is new to the team. I doubt anyone from last year's team would say that. It was a close group supportive of the the players and coaches.
My bet is a Looney's parent

It was a tight knit group because all the kids got matching flat brim hats and white sunglasses

It was a tight knit group because all the kids got matching flat brim hats and white sunglasses
Another witty response from Team Looney's
What tournaments are ere teams going to this fall?

Another witty response from Team Looney's

Why do you always assume it's a Looney's parent? Plenty of people can't stand White Sunglasses and Fatty McCrab. On that note, anyone know where I can buy red solo cups in bulk?

If it was such a close group, why were there multiple crab helmets running around at other team tryouts? Stop drinking the fat crab koolade

If it was such a close group, why were there multiple crab helmets running around at other team tryouts? Stop drinking the fat crab koolade

Maybe cause they got cut?
Ummmm, at least two crabs kids left the Looneys tryout to run over to the crabs tryout. So, no, they were not cut at least not at that point. They were looking for other options

Maybe cause they got cut?
Crabs is commited to their players the year they play... Every year it is a constant re-evaluation and tryouts. Only the best kids make the team. If you can't deal with that format then you probably should not tryout for Crabs.
Didn't Next Level beat Crabs soundly this summer and then just beat BLC by a wide margin a couple of weeks ago?
Didn't Next Level beat Crabs soundly this summer and then just beat BLC by a wide margin a couple of weeks ago?

Um....No
Yes you would be correct. Beat Crabs at Beach Lax and Bethesda a couple of weeks ago at the playday at Bullis

Um....No
Didn't Crabs Beat next level 2 times last year soundly? Beach Lax. Really... Not a true game... Small crappy fields, terrible refs, 20 minute running halves...Not even close to a real lacrosse game... Not a good determination of where your club sits if you win a lucky game at the Beach...

Um....No
Didn't Crabs Beat next level 2 times last year soundly? Beach Lax. Really... Not a true game... Small crappy fields, terrible refs, 20 minute running halves...Not even close to a real lacrosse game... Not a good determination of where your club sits if you win a lucky game at the Beach...

While I will agree that Crabs is a superior team to NL, stop making excuses why the team lost. How about this one? They were 11/12 yr old kids and sometimes 11/12 yr old kids have a bad game. Sometimes when they get behind, a 11/12 yr old kid will push things to try to score and take bad shots. Regardless, flat-brim's son does that if they are winning or losing.

Um....No

While I will agree that Crabs is a superior team to NL, stop making excuses why the team lost. How about this one? They were 11/12 yr old kids and sometimes 11/12 yr old kids have a bad game. Sometimes when they get behind, a 11/12 yr old kid will push things to try to score and take bad shots. Regardless, flat-brim's son does that if they are winning or losing.
[lacrosse] move to constantly call out someones kid on here....Glad your kid is perfect. Classless....

Um....No

[lacrosse] move to constantly call out someones kid on here....Glad your kid is perfect. Classless....

Not calling out a kid. Flat brim is the coach yelling from the sidelines to go to the goal and then celebrating like he just won a national championship every time he scores.
How did B'More play day go today?
who played in it besides the Crabs, anyone from Philly?
What happened in the battle on the bay?
who played in it besides the Crabs, anyone from Philly?

HHH and Mesa
Igloo over Next Level in Championship.
Igloo Black Diamond beat Next Level in championship at Battle on the Bay. Dukes Nationals won 3rd place game.
Where does Team 91 MD rank in the 2023's? top Quarter, top half?

Outside top 10
They were just up here in Philly playing at NXT Harvest and went 3-0 but in the weakest of four pools. Playday format. We played them two years ago at Harvest but they were somewhat new. Based upon our experience these are the top 5 MD clubs that we played. If not included we may not have played them.

1. Crabs
2. Bethesda
3. Hawks
4. Looneys
5. 91 MD

Outside top 10

Team91 MD is A level. They cannot compete with AA teams yet. They are stilll new but are getting better.
Soft shell crabs
Dicks at end of December? anyone going to Wesley Chapel?
Dicks at end of December? anyone going to Wesley Chapel?

We are
Why calling people names?
Who else from Maryland is going to Dicks
Dicks is a complete joke. Has been for years.

What a waste of time and money. Have fun... I'll be in Aruba enjoying quality time with my family!

What a waste of time and money. Have fun... I'll be in Aruba enjoying quality time with my family!

I could not agree more. Not how I would want to spend my New Years. Nice to get break from lax. And the better tournaments are in the MD area anyway.
The goalie and 1 or 2 attack will end up with athletic scholarships. For the rest, enjoy the ride contributing to an extremely talented youth lacrosse team.
They were just up here in Philly playing at NXT Harvest and went 3-0 but in the weakest of four pools. Playday format. We played them two years ago at Harvest but they were somewhat new. Based upon our experience these are the top 5 MD clubs that we played. If not included we may not have played them.

1. Crabs
2. Bethesda
3. Hawks
4. Looneys
5. 91 MD
Club blue, Next Level, and FCA definitely in the top 5..... Looney and team91....not so much
Say what you want about Crabs 2023 but they are definitely the team to beat in Maryland....Goalie...Beast....Defense..solid...Attack...deep and many unselfish scorers...Midfield...Fast and athletic,..Every line has a FO specialist...scarey talented and well coached....Kids very have a very advanced Lax IQ...Crabs always seems to be a target and they seem to accept all challenges and criticisms...Instead of complaining about them....Try beating them....Good luck...
Say what you want about Crabs 2023 but they are definitely the team to beat in Maryland....Goalie...Beast....Defense..solid...Attack...deep and many unselfish scorers...Midfield...Fast and athletic,..Every line has a FO specialist...scarey talented and well coached....Kids very have a very advanced Lax IQ...Crabs always seems to be a target and they seem to accept all challenges and criticisms...Instead of complaining about them....Try beating them....Good luck...

Are you serious? wth ??? Describing any youth team like you just did is a complete joke.... Get a life man

Very advanced for 11 year olds... not so much for 12 and 13. If they played against teams their own age they would be mediocre at best.
Is that you fat crab? LOL. Crabs are joke - field some on age teams for once.
Crabs doesn't go out and seek older players. They come to tryouts and perform better...Again, there are no rules barring age except in some HS leagues. We abide by the rules and filed the best level that comes to try out. Every other club has the same option and it's up to them whether or not to exercise that right. We have a solid track record in placing top athletes into top programs. What is wrong with that?
Is that you fat crab? LOL. Crabs are joke - field some on age teams for once.

Unfortunately, there are no "on age" teams anymore in middle school. 2023 is 11/12, 2022 is 12/13 (sometimes 14) and 2021 is 14/15/16. This goes for every team, not just Crabs
Crabs doesn't go out and seek older players. They come to tryouts and perform better...Again, there are no rules barring age except in some HS leagues. We abide by the rules and filed the best level that comes to try out. Every other club has the same option and it's up to them whether or not to exercise that right. We have a solid track record in placing top athletes into top programs. What is wrong with that?

Are you serious? What's wrong with having a 16 year old (Crabs 2020) play on an 8th grade team? What's wrong with systematically encouraging your players to re-class before going into ninth grade in order to gain an advantage. What's wrong with berating and humiliating your players on the sidelines? Your organization is an embarrassment to youth lacrosse. Go count your money and eat your pork rinds.

Are you serious? What's wrong with having a 16 year old (Crabs 2020) play on an 8th grade team? What's wrong with systematically encouraging your players to re-class before going into ninth grade in order to gain an advantage. What's wrong with berating and humiliating your players on the sidelines? Your organization is an embarrassment to youth lacrosse. Go count your money and eat your pork rinds.

How are they supposed to get that $5000 scholarship if they don't reclass???
1. Crabs
2. Club Blue
3. Next Level
4. Hawks
5. Bethesda
6. Looneys
7. 91 MD

Bethesda lost their best players to Club Blue.
1. Crabs
2. Club Blue
3. Next Level
4. Hawks
5. Bethesda
6. Looneys
7. 91 MD

he he, that's funny
1. Crabs
2. Club Blue
3. Next Level
4. Hawks
5. Bethesda
6. Looneys
7. 91 MD

They lost players... not their best. And those players were replaced with equally skilled boys. Not taking a step back at all.

You're right. Crabs as a club doesn't go out and actively seek older players. But Crabs is basically the feeder program for Boys Latin, and the reclassification phenomenon in MIAA schools is well documented, whether it's the schools or the parents pushing it.

So kids that are planning to go to Boys Latin and play lacrosse are often reclassed upon finishing 7th or 8th grade to get that extra year before high school. And probably for other reasons, along the way some of those kids started school late.

Because of that, Crabs middle school teams are made up mostly of kids one or two years older than they would be if they had started school on time and/or not been held back along the way.

Does Crabs follow the rules? As laid out by HoCo and the tournaments they attend, yes they do.

But there are a lot of people that say they're gaming the system. Others justify it by saying "all programs do it." That may be true to an extent, but Crabs as a youth program is one of the most closely tied to a private high school there is in this area, so they tend to draw more of those older kids. And that draws resentment from programs that might have, say, only one or two of those kids.

Heck, there's a part of me that wishes I could afford to reclass my kid and send him there.
9-1 MD vs FCA in Goals Box championship game on 1/29.

You're right. Crabs as a club doesn't go out and actively seek older players. But Crabs is basically the feeder program for Boys Latin, and the reclassification phenomenon in MIAA schools is well documented, whether it's the schools or the parents pushing it.

So kids that are planning to go to Boys Latin and play lacrosse are often reclassed upon finishing 7th or 8th grade to get that extra year before high school. And probably for other reasons, along the way some of those kids started school late.

Because of that, Crabs middle school teams are made up mostly of kids one or two years older than they would be if they had started school on time and/or not been held back along the way.

Does Crabs follow the rules? As laid out by HoCo and the tournaments they attend, yes they do.

But there are a lot of people that say they're gaming the system. Others justify it by saying "all programs do it." That may be true to an extent, but Crabs as a youth program is one of the most closely tied to a private high school there is in this area, so they tend to draw more of those older kids. And that draws resentment from programs that might have, say, only one or two of those kids.

Heck, there's a part of me that wishes I could afford to reclass my kid and send him there.

One of the more reasonable explanations of the youth " holdback" system we have in put in place the last few years. Myself along with the majority of people think that youth lacrosse is wrong to go by grade.
Many of us have watched or been told about some heldback/prefirst child that is a good to very player who would be average at best if placed with his on age group.

When you watch or hear about a 4th -8th grade child lose his spot to an average on age player ..It grows resentment. Of course the " hit the wall, work harder, makes him tough' they arent much older, etc" are the next thing you hear out of the same people who want no part of what they tell these people who are upset.

For people who dont agree with the holdback system, and think it all evens out. You are wrong and in for a rude awakening. IT WORKS!
Look at most MIAA Varsity teams. Many of starters are holdbacks/prefirsts.

And this is from a system that is only a few years old. Many parents see this including all MIAA school parents with young children playing sports.

More and more kids will be heldback or do prefirst as time goes on. It is just the way it will be. Get used to it.

In life and sports, for a plethitude of reasons, the competition is not exactly your same age. The end.
oh ....you are too pretentious to say for many reasons?

Word wealth studies during holdback year.
There is not rampant repeating going on here. We are talking about a prefirst curriculum and some kids that transfer from public that end up coming in laterally or end up repeating before HS because they are very young or behind their classmates. This is a tired argument, and there is not collusion between schools and clubs.
Whether or not there is collusion doesn't negate the fact that a grade based system allows parents to play their older children against younger children whose parents for whatever reason chose to keep their kids in the grade based on when they were born. Do prefirst if you have the financial means, hold your kid back, whatever, but don't say that a difference of a year (and oftentimes more depending on the birthdate) doesn't make a difference. After soccer changed age dates, my child is now the oldest on his team. While he was always good, he's now one of the best. Previously the boys with August-December birthdays were usually the best kids. So we're talking a few months here with soccer - imagine what a year or more does in lacrosse. But it's the system we currently have. And while you can always play up, and it used to be a sign of a great athlete to do that, the parents who chose prefirst/reclass generally don't play their kids up a grade by actually playing them on age.
Whether or not there is collusion doesn't negate the fact that a grade based system allows parents to play their older children against younger children whose parents for whatever reason chose to keep their kids in the grade based on when they were born. Do prefirst if you have the financial means, hold your kid back, whatever, but don't say that a difference of a year (and oftentimes more depending on the birthdate) doesn't make a difference. After soccer changed age dates, my child is now the oldest on his team. While he was always good, he's now one of the best. Previously the boys with August-December birthdays were usually the best kids. So we're talking a few months here with soccer - imagine what a year or more does in lacrosse. But it's the system we currently have. And while you can always play up, and it used to be a sign of a great athlete to do that, the parents who chose prefirst/reclass generally don't play their kids up a grade by actually playing them on age.

The real question is, why does it matter? One kid is a great player because he is a year older. Eventually his curve will level out. It's not a safety issue, so please don't give me that line. Much of the hitting has been removed from the game. I think it has more to do with parent egos and the refusal to accept that kids are better than their children. It happens. Suck it up, Buttercup. Nothing is going to change,
With the amount of private school kids in this area, not reasonable to expect parents to monitor the age of every kid on their team or in their league. You are going to sign up for your grade, with your classmates, and within the rules. I encourage really good players between 5th-8th grade to play up a year to get better and be challenged, but would not expect every pre-first kid to automatically sign up for one year ahead in these leagues - does not make sense. There was always a 2-year spread in rec ball anyway, so other than parents finding something to complain about and latch onto, the competition we are seeing in the grade based system is not unreasonable.
You just stated the obvious. There is a 2 year spread in age based rec ball. I don't see the difference in holdback player situations. Same spread right?

My youngest repeated 1st grade because of a school change and reading issues. Some years he played up but he prefers playing with his classmates. I see no difference in age based and grade based. A 2 year spread in both.

What really chafes me is anonymity on this board. Maybe Larry will change that sometime....
You cannot be serious about that there is no difference between grade based/age based. Every other sport is based on age. A certain organization who shall remain nameless (cough ... Crabs) fielded a handful of 8th graders in the 2016 HOCO league that would turn 16 in the fall of their Freshman year and one who was 16 in the 8th grade (March birthdate). Grade based is a joke. The only people defending it are the people who game the system.

What really chafes me is anonymity on this board. Maybe Larry will change that sometime....

Register. Post under your own name. Perhaps others will follow your lead.

Register. Post under your own name. Perhaps others will follow your lead.

if this really chafes you....you need to grow a thicker skin and grow up. Older, younger who cares. If your good your good. The rest of the BS doesn't matter.
You cannot be serious about that there is no difference between grade based/age based. Every other sport is based on age. A certain organization who shall remain nameless (cough ... Crabs) fielded a handful of 8th graders in the 2016 HOCO league that would turn 16 in the fall of their Freshman year and one who was 16 in the 8th grade (March birthdate). Grade based is a joke. The only people defending it are the people who game the system.

Be honest, though, your kid's team wasn't even in that bracket, so how did it affect you? The competition in that AA bracket was fierce and good for the game. Your example is of a grade group (2020) that was headed into HS, where grade based is the only viable means of organizing recruiting and events. The age argument is weak, as there has never been a singular numerical age group for lacrosse (rec or otherwise), and nobody cared until they started spending thousands of dollars to join a club, then started seeing these really great teams at tournaments. The same kids that get complained about are the same kids that your kid used to play against at rec!
16 in the 8th grade, 16 in the 8th grade. 16 in the 8th grade. Sorry - not defensible.
If you find yourself spending time worried about the age of other folk's kids, you don't have much time left in this game.

The real question is, why does it matter? One kid is a great player because he is a year older. Eventually his curve will level out. It's not a safety issue, so please don't give me that line. Much of the hitting has been removed from the game. I think it has more to do with parent egos and the refusal to accept that kids are better than their children. It happens. Suck it up, Buttercup. Nothing is going to change,

It is always "suck it up buttercup" or something along those lines. Yet you same apologists want NO part of anything you say. What you want is for your child to be the oldest guy out there.

Holding back or doing prefirst makes a average player better than most of the younger players. At age he would be average..It works especially at the younger age groups. And even at 8th grade as many are just starting to really grow. But the majority of people you ask feel that it is wrong. You dont let a select group of kids ( for whatever reason short of some handicap) play down against their age group. If those kids get to play down then change the rules to let anyone play down that is within a year/6 months of their age group. Forget grades. why do these select kids get to play down when the same exact birthday kids dont ??? Makes no sense..except to apologists for grade base. Pretty simple concept.

It is always "suck it up buttercup" or something along those lines. Yet you same apologists want NO part of anything you say. What you want is for your child to be the oldest guy out there.

Holding back or doing prefirst makes a average player better than most of the younger players. At age he would be average..It works especially at the younger age groups. And even at 8th grade as many are just starting to really grow. But the majority of people you ask feel that it is wrong. You dont let a select group of kids ( for whatever reason short of some handicap) play down against their age group. If those kids get to play down then change the rules to let anyone play down that is within a year/6 months of their age group. Forget grades. why do these select kids get to play down when the same exact birthday kids dont ??? Makes no sense..except to apologists for grade base. Pretty simple concept.

A more simple concept is to not play if you are still stuck on this argument.

A more simple concept is to not play if you are still stuck on this argument.

My days of playing are over Ryan ??

Actually, most people don't care. Most people realize that it doesn't matter if one kid is better than other at 9/10/11 years old. For the record, my kid is not a holdback, and if he's playing against a holdback that is bigger and stronger, then he's getting better by playing against him. When they get to high school, everything will even out and the cream will rise to the top. If the holdback kid is an elite athlete now, he will continue to be in the future. If he isn't, his parents will be crushed because he's no longer the superstar. Either way, they're in 5th grade and it doesn't matter.... not even a little bit. So tell your son to put his big boy pants on and play the game without excuses. Or maybe give that speech to the person in the mirror.

Actually, most people don't care. Most people realize that it doesn't matter if one kid is better than other at 9/10/11 years old. For the record, my kid is not a holdback, and if he's playing against a holdback that is bigger and stronger, then he's getting better by playing against him. When they get to high school, everything will even out and the cream will rise to the top. If the holdback kid is an elite athlete now, he will continue to be in the future. If he isn't, his parents will be crushed because he's no longer the superstar. Either way, they're in 5th grade and it doesn't matter.... not even a little bit. So tell your son to put his big boy pants on and play the game without excuses. Or maybe give that speech to the person in the mirror.
Nope no one really cares.... Another crying liberal calling fowl every chance you get....No one is listening....Go play Rec... Take your you weak [lacrosse] kid with you...
Another crying liberal calling fowl

1. How do you know he is a "liberal"?

2. Are you that stupid that you don't know the difference between "foul" and "fowl"?
I have never bought into the argument that the bigger "older" kids are going to hurt the "younger" smaller kids. Those kids will always struggle to compete against the legit "AA" players. Conversely it is somewhat true that at the HS level it does not matter anymore because size wise you are what you are as 10 - 12 graders beyond the continued muscle development as they mature and weight train with the exception of the late bloomers which are unfortunately penalized in this sport for collegiate recruiting.

I think the kids that get screwed are the really good players on elite teams that cut or bumped down the roster due to the number of holdbacks on the elite teams. I have watched pretty good on age players on top level teams reclassify and become studs / high level commits now that they are playing kids primarily one year younger in those crucial 8th - 10th grade recruiting years for the top 30 D1 programs.

Not a buttercup or snowflake, and my son is a on age public school kid that did commit to a mid level D1 program as a sophomore.

A unfair advantage for one kid is a unfair disadvantage for another kid.
Hoco Preliminary Divisions

2023 AA -------------
FCA
Crabs
Madlax
Hawks
Club Blue
Looney's
Rough Riders
Next Level
Bethesda

2023 A ---------------
Team 91
Lax Factory
FCA
API
Peninsula
Cannons
Cavalier
3D Select
Looney's
Bethesda
South River
Hawks

You apologists are hilarious. It is " buttercup" , " big boy pants " , " crying liberal ", " go play Rec " ... Of course you apologists want none of that for your child or your elite teammates ?? LOL.
You mention High School??? Is playing 2023 getting your child ready for HS?? Hilarious.

I am surprised that early recruiting wasnt mentioned?? Maryland and the NE prep schools are the land of holdbacks and, lets not forget prefirsts ( I can do anything I want hilarious argument with my child in school?? who said you couldnt?? and what has that got to do with sports??). LOL..

Grade based youth teams have always given an advantage to a select few that were held back. Youth players not held back with same birthdays get no such advantage?? makes since to apologists for grade base. I got mine ..you didnt
I have never bought into the argument that the bigger "older" kids are going to hurt the "younger" smaller kids. Those kids will always struggle to compete against the legit "AA" players. Conversely it is somewhat true that at the HS level it does not matter anymore because size wise you are what you are as 10 - 12 graders beyond the continued muscle development as they mature and weight train with the exception of the late bloomers which are unfortunately penalized in this sport for collegiate recruiting.

I think the kids that get screwed are the really good players on elite teams that cut or bumped down the roster due to the number of holdbacks on the elite teams. I have watched pretty good on age players on top level teams reclassify and become studs / high level commits now that they are playing kids primarily one year younger in those crucial 8th - 10th grade recruiting years for the top 30 D1 programs.

Not a buttercup or snowflake, and my son is a on age public school kid that did commit to a mid level D1 program as a sophomore.

Holding a child back or doing prefirst is an advantage and it works. Especially at the youth level in sports. HS and above not as much to the same degree as the youth level. Even at HS and above it does help some as Redshirting /PG year/ etc helps a few players out.

HS and above is meant to be a very competitive sports environment. You try to get whatever advantage you can. Now Grade based Club Youth lacrosse feels like that to many. 2023 even 2025 need to learn these life lessons now.

You don't think recruiters take age into consideration? They absolutely do. Do you really think that all of these people are pulling a fast one on top 30 coaches? Your argument is invalid. They look at EVERYTHING! Age, skill level, grades, weight, height, parents' weight and height, sibling' weight and height, etc... they will not be fooled by a holdback.

You don't think recruiters take age into consideration? They absolutely do. Do you really think that all of these people are pulling a fast one on top 30 coaches? Your argument is invalid. They look at EVERYTHING! Age, skill level, grades, weight, height, parents' weight and height, sibling' weight and height, etc... they will not be fooled by a holdback.

You are misinformed. Look no further than the commits to top 10 schools from the class of 2020. Many holdbacks in that group.
you people are just nasty. this sport is for us kids not you mean people fighting about what we do

You are misinformed. Look no further than the commits to top 10 schools from the class of 2020. Many holdbacks in that group.

Holding back your kid works!! Many lacrosse coaches and former players hold their children back in MD. Many of these kids would be decent to good players at age. Held back thru reclass or prefirst...the player becomes a starter on a top Club team. It works and more and more are noticing it. There will be more not less of these players as time goes on.
Yep. Then when everyone does it, what do the privileged families do to create an advantage? Create pre-6th? Btw, I agree - who should care? But to be clear the rec comparison fall short. Yes, Rec is and has been 2 year age groups. So take lightning for example - 4th and 5th grade. Mostly 5th grade made the A and the 4th made B. Best 4th grade played up on A. So it was obvious the next year the 5th grade were gone and had to be the younger for 2 year [lacrosse]. With club grade the weak holdback gets the advantage at every year. But who cares because in HS they all compete for the same team.
Who won Goals league?

Both sides have it right, and both sides have it wrong...

Is there something to the fact he's one or two years more physically mature? At the youth level, there probably is something to that. I'd bet, though, that a majority of those kids would be average had they played on-age their whole youth careers, and playing against kids less physically mature makes them look better than they really are. Not all, for sure.

In HS those differences do go by the wayside, because everyone's on a level playing field. Those Boys Latin holdbacks that start don't start because they were held back... they start because they're awesome relative to everyone else on their team this year.

If a HS sophomore (2x holdback) dominates a HS senior (on-age), then whether that kid was held back doesn't really matter... the age factor is out the window.

If that same HS sophomore doesn't play varsity because he couldn't get that much better playing against younger competition during his youth career, then age absolutely matters. Because he probably isn't going to get good enough those next two years to make up the difference.

"Being fooled by a holdback?" Recruiters really don't care about that. Why do you think teams are grouped by graduation year? Recruiters want to know when they can get you, not how old you are.
So as the argument posits- private schools determine prefirst, holdback, other advantage; so most club lax boys are miaa; now for example all 7th grade age kids play 6th grade; you are now all on age but a grade lower so no advantage except against public school kids so who cares. How do you holdbacks gain an advantage against each other? W
Who won Goals league?

FCA over T 9-1 MD

So as the argument posits- private schools determine prefirst, holdback, other advantage; so most club lax boys are miaa; now for example all 7th grade age kids play 6th grade; you are now all on age but a grade lower so no advantage except against public school kids so who cares. How do you holdbacks gain an advantage against each other? W

Coaching and hard work, brother.
Any takers or predictions for 2023 teams this season...Here goes.

Crabs
Bethesda
Next Level
Club Blue
FCA
Looneys
MadLax
RoughRiders

Crabs
Bethesda
Next Level
Club Blue
FCA
Looneys
MadLax
RoughRiders

OK here goes....
U
Need
A
Life

Crabs
Bethesda
Next Level
Club Blue
FCA
Looneys
MadLax
RoughRiders

OK here goes....
U
Need
A
Life

Bandits.
Did Hawks fold?
Bandits
With the bandits is that with or without the crush kids?

To be clear, it's "kid", not "kids". And the kid that plays on Crush (a 2020 team) is in 7th grade (2022 grade level). Granted, he's a holdback and should be on a 2021, but you know the story. In grade based tourneys, he's a legit 2022. That's why he plays with the Bandits when they play up in 2022. The other 2 "kids" that you're talking about are his twin brothers. They are legit 2023s that play on the Nandits.
Why don't south river, cannons and cavaliers play AA. They all have 80 kids trying out for there teams. Don't understand why they don't want to challenge there kids. they just want to beat up on B teams. NO HEART

To be clear, it's "kid", not "kids". And the kid that plays on Crush (a 2020 team) is in 7th grade (2022 grade level). Granted, he's a holdback and should be on a 2021, but you know the story. In grade based tourneys, he's a legit 2022. That's why he plays with the Bandits when they play up in 2022. The other 2 "kids" that you're talking about are his twin brothers. They are legit 2023s that play on the Nandits.
To be clear...Don't pump up your squad too much on a Maryland 2023 forum.... You have yet to play anyone decent in Maryland... Our elite teams beat clubs that have beaten your club.... But since you come down hear looking for wins and not challenges, your club consistently plays crappy tournaments. Congratulations on your Bay Bridge Brawl championships and Beach Lax Championships....Come play some NLF tournaments this year then you can pound on your chest and claim your team is all world
Why don't south river, cannons and cavaliers play AA. They all have 80 kids trying out for there teams. Don't understand why they don't want to challenge there kids. they just want to beat up on B teams. NO HEART
The league picks the divisions not the teams... If they were really great last year then the league should re-evaluate and make moves consistent with records....

Crabs
Bethesda
Next Level
Club Blue
FCA
Looneys
MadLax
RoughRiders

OK here goes....
U
Need
A
Life
Really? You are on a 2023 lacrosse forum and do not want people to talk about lacrosse... [lacrosse] off dude... Your the one who needs to get a life....

To be clear...Don't pump up your squad too much on a Maryland 2023 forum.... You have yet to play anyone decent in Maryland... Our elite teams beat clubs that have beaten your club.... But since you come down hear looking for wins and not challenges, your club consistently plays crappy tournaments. Congratulations on your Bay Bridge Brawl championships and Beach Lax Championships....Come play some NLF tournaments this year then you can pound on your chest and claim your team is all world

2023--
Bandits
Igloo
Bethesda
Express A
s2s
Crabs

IN THAT ORDER. BOOK IT!!
The league picks the divisions not the teams... If they were really great last year then the league should re-evaluate and make moves consistent with records....

The clubs choose which levels they want to play in. The league has a competition committee that suggests teams move up or down. Those teams ran over the A division when they werent playing each other. They are trophy hunting to play A again. Hoco would let them play AA
no the teams pick the divisions they want to play in. HOCO should make them play in the correct divisions. They use to have a competition committee a few years ago. They moved teams up and down to get more competitive games.

You're a funny guy. We lost one game on grade level... ever. That game was a fluke.

2023--
Bandits
Igloo
Bethesda
Express A
s2s
Crabs

IN THAT ORDER. BOOK IT!!

Clearly a S2S parent.

Which NLF tourneys are you talking about? I'm pretty sure we play all of the ones open to 2023's. Your team isn't good enough to get invited. We'll be at Naptown. Are you good enough to play that one?
What's a nandit? Is that the code name for holdback?
Apparently the crabs argument goes like this - summer 2016 igloo beat bandits, then crabs beat igloo, so crabs is better than bandits.
Bethesda isn't in any of there leagues

Someone from Maryland is talking about holdbacks???? That's absolutely laughable! But I guess the answer is no, your kid's team is not good enough to play the Bandits.

Which NLF tourneys are you talking about? I'm pretty sure we play all of the ones open to 2023's. Your team isn't good enough to get invited. We'll be at Naptown. Are you good enough to play that one?

And win them all.
Are there any HOCO groupings yet?
Are there any HOCO groupings yet?

Apparently not final-

2023 AA
FCA
Crabs
Madlax
Hawks
Club Blue
Looney's
Rough Riders
Next Level
Bethesda
Team 91

2023 A
Lax Factory
FCA
API
Peninsula
Cannons
Cavalier
3D Select
Looney's
Gonzo
South River
Hawks
Lax World

2023 B
Hereford
Madlax
MD Xtreme
Zingos
HoCo
Kooper's
Rock
Green Hornets
Wolfpack
Breakers
Sidewinders
Bethesda
HOCO changed the logos at the bottom of the page, did some teams drop out?
HOCO changed the logos at the bottom of the page, did some teams drop out?

I notice that the Madlax logo is not on the HOCO website. If they were dropping out of HOCO I am sure the Madlax page on here would already be talking about it. What clubs are thinking dropped out?

Someone from Maryland is talking about holdbacks???? That's absolutely laughable! But I guess the answer is no, your kid's team is not good enough to play the Bandits.
Yeah the Bandits are probably the most dominating team to ever play the sport. These kids are amazing and what a great group of parents... The pressures these kids endure by being the best for so long is really just unimaginable

I wonder how many of the bandits will not be eligible for the wsyl, because they are to old to play? Greatest ever not so much
So your saying the Bandits have kids that were born before 9/1/03?
they dont
bet
Funny how these organizations run.. At some point it only matters how good your kid is... Not where your Daddy played and where he went to school... Cruel joke and some of the top clubs in the area are loosing their integrity by playing into these politics...
Funny how these organizations run.. At some point it only matters how good your kid is... Not where your Daddy played and where he went to school... Cruel joke and some of the top clubs in the area are loosing their integrity by playing into these politics...
Totally agree. Went to club to get away from Daddy ball. Seems like no escape even with non Dad coaches. Why wouldn't you play the best kids not matter the situation? Looks like things may be going back to Rec... Why should parents pay 2k for the same results of 200.00 for Rec clueless parents
Anyone know how the Crabs, BLC and Hawks did this weekend?
Anyone know how the Crabs, BLC and Hawks did this weekend?

Crabs won. Don't know about the other 2 but the Hawks are a joke this year. They at least used to be able to play defense but they are getting SHREDDED this year. Looks like the same kids though but different lines
BLC lost 5-4
I find that many coaches who have kids on the teams that they coach are much harder on their kids then on others. They realize that the dad coach thing has stigma therefore they are quick to correct and more likely to pull their own kid, overcompensate so to speak. Not to mention that some dad coaches cannot turn it off. All the other kids go home while the son of the coach gets the coaching 24/7. I have seen coaches bench their own child for infractions off of the field like poor grades while they would never do that to other club teammates.
Don't get me wrong, I have seen a lot of favoritism as well.
If you are paying money to a club, you are being cheated if they give you a coach who has a kid on the team. No matter how well intentioned, no dad should be coaching his son except for maybe rec league lacrosse.

No legitimate club is employing dads to coach kids.
If you are paying money to a club, you are being cheated if they give you a coach who has a kid on the team. No matter how well intentioned, no dad should be coaching his son except for maybe rec league lacrosse.

Almost all clubs have Dads coaching in some capacity on some teams. Even HS and Colleges have some! Many of the better players come from former good lacrosse playing Dads.
Like someone said above. Every situation is different. There are some good experiences with Dad coaches and some bad ones.
Says a clueless moron.

Almost all clubs have Dads coaching in some capacity on some teams. Even HS and Colleges have some! Many of the better players come from former good lacrosse playing Dads.
Like someone said above. Every situation is different. There are some good experiences with Dad coaches and some bad ones.

Wrong. Most legitimate clubs do not do this.
all clubs have some dad coaches. Do you want a dad who knows kids and lacrosse or a twenty year kid who just knows lacrosse?

You may want to re-define your definition of legitimate club, every top team has a dad who's played the game coaching. More committed and won't get bullied by parents trying to get their kids more playing time.
I also think a club team can have a Dad coaching the team tell a certain grade level. I would say 6 grade maybe 7th at the latest. 8th is the new 10 LOL so this grade needs to be firing on all points and no politics can be around when the boys hit 8th grade in this new world we live in.

FCA, CRABS, Looneys, 91, Hawks, Rough Riders, .... Which ones aren't legit? They all have dad coaches. Some more than others.

Bottom line is in perfect world all teams would have non-parent coaches that are dedicated, fair, know the game and how to teach it to kids and will do it for free or peanuts. But it's not a perfect world and not enough of the perfect non-parent coaches for every team. And there are parents coaches that know how to deal with their own kid
Keep the list going Bandits, Warriors, Express, S2S all have Dad's coaching
[quote=Anonymous]If you are paying money to a club, you are being cheated if they give you a coach who has a kid on the team. No matter how well intentioned, no dad should be coaching his son except for maybe rec league lacrosse.

FCA, CRABS, Looneys, 91, Hawks, Rough Riders, .... Which ones aren't legit? They all have dad coaches. Some more than others.

You left off Madax

No one cares about Madlax...young coaches that don't understand kids. All about the money. 91 Maryland. Matt Million is the coach. Pretty good dad to have as a coach. Just say'in
No one cares about madlax. Young coaches that don't understand kids. All about the money there. Team 91 Maryland matt million is the coach pretty good Dad to have as a coach. just say'in
No one cares about madlax. Young coaches that don't understand kids. All about the money there. Team 91 Maryland matt million is the coach pretty good Dad to have as a coach. just say'in

Not Matt Millon. Mark Millon. Biggest jerk in youth lacrosse. Just say'in.
It's official. my 6th grader is officially burned out. Done with practices since August... my boy is checking out. Not fun anymore. Officially one of the best midfielders in the country at this age group is done. wth are we doing?
It's official. my 6th grader is officially burned out. Done with practices since August... my boy is checking out. Not fun anymore. Officially one of the best midfielders in the country at this age group is done. wth are we doing?

That's on you, dad. The kid didn't burn himself out. And where are the national individual rankings for 11 and 12 year olds posted?? I want to see where my kid is listed?
Go to a club that doesn't practice from August through the spring. That is ridiculous.

I thought my son was the official best midfielder in country.

Not Matt Millon. Mark Millon. Biggest jerk in youth lacrosse. Just say'in.

Easy there.
All middle school clubs have dad coaches.

The independent coaches don't start until high school.

Lax has become all about parents bragging rights when they're 9th grader gets a commitment to a d1 school, nobody to blame but ourselves..
Great coaching is the biggest priority for middle school players. Those that make blanket statements about coaches' familial status as a factor just don't know the game. There are good coaches; there are bad coaches.
My kid is a goalie and made a good clear this weekend using the crease to get away from an attackman, his friend and former teammate. On his way back to the cage, he said something to the attackman. Last night I asked him about it. He chuckled and said he told him, "It's just like a game of tag, you go this way, I go that way" and patted him on the back. I'm glad the kids at least know how to keep the game fun.
Curious to know how many parents here in MD are aware of the Warrior All-American Games?

This is a tryout to make a regional team that represents mid-Atlantic in the Warrior tournament in July in Massachusetts. $185 to tryout, another $695 if your kid makes plus travel/lodging. Basically an Under Armour games for middle school. Seems like another money grab so I've ignored all the emails. Plus kids are already playing too much. On the Long Island 2023 page they are going after each other because the team rosters were announced and accusations of politics etc. You'd think it's the Olympic team.

I haven't heard a single person talk about this. Are any of your boys trying out?
I just read through a bunch, it sounds like the point is, when you pay 185 dollars, You want to the tryout to be fair. Sounds like kids are in the roster that were not at tryouts. But who knows. Relative to Brine, This seems very pricy.
My son is not gonna do it. Too much lacrosse. After summer tourneys are over, gonna hit a wrestling camp and then relax until football starts.
No impressed at all at the players in the circle; faceoff is definitely their weakest position. Attack bc of #24 is very good.
No impressed at all at the players in the circle; faceoff is definitely their weakest position. Attack bc of #24 is very good.

Are you high? wth are you talking about? Learn how to use this site before you post.....dummy

Are you high? wth are you talking about? Learn how to use this site before you post.....dummy

Thanks #24.....

Why so defensive? I gave my opinion. It amazes me that we are dealing with adults on this site who act just like this......true blue crab parent I guess. LOL
My apologies ([lacrosse]) I was referring to the Crabs 2023 Team on an early post.
Week 4 Standings
Crabs 4-0
Hawks 3-1
FCA 3-1
Next Level 3-1
Looney's 2-2
Club Blue 2-2
Bethesda 2-2
Madlax 1-3
Rough Riders 0-4
Team 91 0-4
Anyone trying out for this Warrior team?

they're already playing too much imo

they're already playing too much imo

Agree total money grab. 6th graders getting burned out from too much lax has been hard to watch this season.
Who is coaching and evaluating this team?
Find out before you make your 185$
Donation! Word to the wise from LI
Bet RM involved
Bet RM involved

LI dad here. The way it worked on LI was like this. They asked coaches from 91, Igloo, Express and Outlaws to run the evaluations and coach the team. Having representation from the more successful outfits brought in more kids and made sure it wasn't just Bandits (though I think a lot of the Bandits made it). The taken at the tryout was impressive. Everyone there was a great lacrosse player. I'm sure you guys will be the same. It'll be good to see our teams meet in the final smile
LI dad here. The way it worked on LI was like this. They asked coaches from 91, Igloo, Express and Outlaws to run the evaluations and coach the team. Having representation from the more successful outfits brought in more kids and made sure it wasn't just Bandits (though I think a lot of the Bandits made it). The taken at the tryout was impressive. Everyone there was a great lacrosse player. I'm sure you guys will be the same. It'll be good to see our teams meet in the final smile
[/quote]

Let me go a little further. Yes there was a lot of talent at the tryout - and that's the point. The only kids chosen were from Bandits and Express (to be clear they have 3 or 4 stars on each team that should make the team. All of the rest of the kids are no better than kids on other teams). But, in the huddle after the tryout the coach told the parents that they had been looking at film of players who weren't at the tryout. Are you kidding me? Who has a ton of film of their 6th grader? (Would had to have been taped in 5th grade). STOP! The tryout was the day before Easter which on LI is vacation week so certain kids were on vacation and missed the tryout. But they made the team anyway w/o trying out. Also, who knew you could just send in tape of your son and not go to the tryout? It doesn't say that anywhere on the website. I think for $185 the tryout should be fair.

Buyer beware - the LI tryout was total BS. A complete money grab. This event is run by 90+1 - a sc5mb8g organization on LI. Please be careful.
1 Crabs
2 FCA
3 Next Level
4 Hawks
5 Club Blue

I'm assuming club blue gets in playoffs of a 10 team league, but it may be just top 4.

Those are not the actual standings for purposes of the playoffs. Hawks are out on head-to-head losses to Club Blue and Next Level. The didn't play Bethesda or FCA, but total winning percentage of teams they beat is lower than either of those teams, so Hawks are out. That leaves CB, NL, Bethesda and FCA at 4-2. CB beat NL and FCA, FCA beat Bethesda and Bethesda beat CB, so not sure how they figure it out from there.
5 teams tied at 4-2 seems like a good reason for the league to add at least 2 more games per team, which would allow this mess to largely be sorted out on the field. 6 games is not enough to accurately seed playoffs in a 10 team division. Too many teams don't play head to head.
5 teams tied at 4-2 seems like a good reason for the league to add at least 2 more games per team, which would allow this mess to largely be sorted out on the field. 6 games is not enough to accurately seed playoffs in a 10 team division. Too many teams don't play head to head.

Agreed. Hoco can afford to add play-in games for all those teams tied for last playoff spot.

HOCO tie breaker rules (posted on the web within HOCO by-laws):

Record (Crabs and Club Blue seeded 1&2)
Head to Head
Win % of the opponents that you beat (Hawks drop out)
Win % of all opponents (FCA takes 3rd seed)
Total goals against (Bethesda takes 4th seed)
Coin Toss (not needed)
Next level gets in over Bethesda...wins against madlax hawks and looneys...8 points bethesda wins against madlax and hawks 6 points
Playoffs are set:

http://tournaments.active.com/tournament/consumer/fullSize.do?tournamentId=103285&from=news

What happened to the Hawks this year? It looks like they upgraded their attack and a parent I spoke to when we played them said the entire defense was back from last year. I thought them and Bethesda had the best defense in the area last year. Looked shaky when we played them. Injuries?
What happened to the Hawks this year? It looks like they upgraded their attack and a parent I spoke to when we played them said the entire defense was back from last year. I thought them and Bethesda had the best defense in the area last year. Looked shaky when we played them. Injuries?

Daddy ball coaching.
nothing better then Daddy Ball...Paid young coaches are over rated

Daddy ball coaching.

That and season way too short. Hoco should play 2 games a week some weeks so that the teams all play each other. Ending a season because of tie breaker rules just sucks.

Daddy ball coaching.

They were 4-2. All teams have dads coaching. Hawks coach was 1st Team AA. Looked to me like they were well coached and kids having fun. Running zone defense a little weak...

Daddy ball coaching.

They were 4-2. All teams have dads coaching. Hawks coach was 1st Team AA. Looked to me like they were well coached and kids having fun. Running zone defense a little weak...

Defense coach was issue, not head coach.
Club Blue over Crabs in hoco championship 10-9.

Looks like BLC Blue is trophy hunting. Playing down in LAX Splash with HOCO A and B division teams.
Looks like BLC Blue is trophy hunting. Playing down in LAX Splash with HOCO A and B division teams.

Stop moaning. A win is a win. And a Trophy is a Trophy.
Bethesda has not won it yet. PGLC will give em a game.

What was the final score here. We had to leave before it started
Did the BLC 2023 Blue really play in a division B grade tournament? What happened to this team, they won HOCO last year, could not make the playoff this year and is now playing in Lax Splash? I am floored......

11-1
They must of lost players and needed this to boost confidence. How many kids left ?
Did the BLC 2023 Blue really play in a division B grade tournament? What happened to this team, they won HOCO last year, could not make the playoff this year and is now playing in Lax Splash? I am floored......

Just need to get their confidence back.

What was the final score here. We had to leave before it started

11-1 does not sound like much of a game. Very lopsided for a championship game.
Relax chief. The team had a 4-2 record in HoCo, same as 3 of the 4 teams that made the playoffs, and beat Club Blue, the team that won the playoffs. They had an open weekend and filled it with a tournament that was close and had availability. Many of the kids go away to camp at the end of June, so July tournaments were not an option. Yeah, the competition wasn't AA level, but it never hurts to play and sharpen skills. Now, get up off the floor and splash some cold water on your face.
Why so few AA teams at 2023 for the Hogan tournament?
Which will be the most competitive tournament in Md this summer? Not too sure about the Hogan's. They don't look super strong, though Naptown will bring in some really good teams. Young Guns looks absolutely stacked this year.

better than last summer for 2023. They only had 3 AA so the folded all teams into one division. Many lopsided games.

There is more and more tournaments every year. When my oldest did club the Tristate, Summer Sizzle & Capital Classic were among the biggest

Hopefully the AA designation will actually start to mean something. A lot of the A teams are just B or C level teams but no designation is available to them.
Many clubs call themselves AA during tryouts then go on to playing A or B level in tournaments.

It was so bad in HoCo this year that they had to make a 2022 AA Elite division which is ridiculous. AA was really low A or B. You cannot roll out some of those "A" teams against the "AA" because they would get embarrassed leading to the club losing players ($).

The Hogan Elite/AA tournament is the Naptown Challenge. The rest of the Hogan events are mostly for A, B and rec teams.

better than last summer for 2023. They only had 3 AA so the folded all teams into one division. Many lopsided games.

There is more and more tournaments every year. When my oldest did club the Tristate, Summer Sizzle & Capital Classic were among the biggest

The Hogan Elite/AA tournament is the Naptown Challenge. The rest of the Hogan events are mostly for A, B and rec teams.
Does anyone have any thoughts on the South River team? Seem like sand baggers - always playing down a division chasing wins. Would like to see them play some AA teams and see how good they really are.
Totally agree. They have enough 7th and 8th graders on that team that they could at least compete in some of the AA games in the HOCO Spring league.
Does anyone have any thoughts on the South River team? Seem like sand baggers - always playing down a division chasing wins. Would like to see them play some AA teams and see how good they really are.

At some point the Hawks will resolve their defensive coaching issues and a lot of these kids will move to Hawks.
cheaters...sand baggers...afraid to push there kids, nothing wrong with losing a few games at 12 years old. It builds character. But South River wants easy games. They want to blow everyone out. If they don't play AA next year THROW THEM OUT OF HOCO... just say'in
Club Blue is starting 3 new teams - Virginia teams at 2024, 2023 and 2022. Wonder what that will do to some of the other DC clubs. Obviously it's competition for Madlax, but plenty of VA kids drive to Bethesda for Next Level, and a few go west for 3D.
Club Blue is starting 3 new teams - Virginia teams at 2024, 2023 and 2022. Wonder what that will do to some of the other DC clubs. Obviously it's competition for Madlax, but plenty of VA kids drive to Bethesda for Next Level, and a few go west for 3D.

Awesome, only problem is that any kids that migrate there will be those that can't make the top MadLax teams at the 2022 and 2024 groups or those that don't get much playing time.
Coach is a turd - B level team-who cares
Club blue not a club any more. Had 2023 team - excellent - one off. 2021 bad and 2022 terrible - 2021 goes high school next year and 2022 ends as top 2 boys from there already left for BLC.

Certainly could start over in Virginia - not easy.
Club blue not a club any more. Had 2023 team - excellent - one off. 2021 bad and 2022 terrible - 2021 goes high school next year and 2022 ends as top 2 boys from there already left for BLC.

Certainly could start over in Virginia - not easy.

So club blue cut all their ties to Georgetown prep?
cheaters...sand baggers...afraid to push there kids, nothing wrong with losing a few games at 12 years old. It builds character. But South River wants easy games. They want to blow everyone out. If they don't play AA next year THROW THEM OUT OF HOCO... just say'in

Call them sandbaggers yes, cheaters no. they are in the same ballpark as T91 and Roughriders. Then again after you've won the A divsion 2 years in a row maybe it's time to step up. Unless they do their better players will ultimately go to AAA teams
Giblin a coach in Virginia now - so he will now attempt to start a money maker there / not prep coach anymore - and not an organized club anyway. No one serious about club lax will go there. Not a threat to madlax / just more money grab and confusion for market
I know this would be a very fluid, organic list, but who are the top 5 Maryland teams? And, are any substantially better than the rest?
I know this would be a very fluid, organic list, but who are the top 5 Maryland teams? And, are any substantially better than the rest?

Crabs , Hawks, FCA and then all the rest
Yes while they are now 6th graders most could be 7th/8th. It's ok they'll end up accomplishing little in life. Check the record.

Thanks. That's what I was looking for. Doesn't matter how old they are, my sons team has to play them regardless. Win or lose, he'll get better playing against them.

Thanks. That's what I was looking for. Doesn't matter how old they are, my sons team has to play them regardless. Win or lose, he'll get better playing against them.

You'd also need to add in at least Club Blue as one of the top since they won the league and beat Crabs in championship. Next Level was in the mix as was Bethesda. Both Bethesda and Looneys beat the eventual champ CB
How in the heck did BL Zeus lose to their B team?
They didn't instead of playing the game the kids let their counterparts have the win and everyone got a jumpstart on their Saturday night
Nice job by Hawks to bring AA kids to Beach Lax. They played in 2023 B division. Calling them cheaters would be a compliment. Sandbaggers would be too nice. Passing out rosters to parents so they would know names and numbers of all the AA kids they brought down. Such BS know integrity.
Hawks Green stayed home. That was Hawks Black, great group of kids and parents. Some Hawks AA still play rec so you may have seen them. All the top attack, midfielders and defenders stayed home getting ready this weekend.

Have a good one.
Nice job by Hawks to bring AA kids to Beach Lax. They played in 2023 B division. Calling them cheaters would be a compliment. Sandbaggers would be too nice. Passing out rosters to parents so they would know names and numbers of all the AA kids they brought down. Such BS know integrity.

um this isn't true. how do I know.? well the AA Hawks team was not at beach lax. again, how do I know? because they were swimming in my backyard all weekend. and my backyard is in AA county. FYI.

This is not true. How do I know? Well, the Hawks AA team was in AA country all weekend. How do I know for sure? Some were swimming in my backyard. Ugh, get your story straight before you post
Hawks Green stayed home. That was Hawks Black, great group of kids and parents. Some Hawks AA still play rec so you may have seen them. All the top attack, midfielders and defenders stayed home getting ready this weekend.

Have a good one.

23 hawks sent their lower team, not top team to Beach Lax
Looney's at trilogy didn't have a game closer than 7 goals. Not sure what they get out of that? Were any of their games even competitive?
Several of the Hawks Green kids played for the Severna Park Swarm team down in the B bracket this weekend at the beach. Absolutely true. And personally I think the bigger issue is the dbag coach for the swarm that allowed this. He is taking playing time away from those kids who have been practicing and working hard all year for that team.
Several of the Hawks Green kids played for the Severna Park Swarm team down in the B bracket this weekend at the beach. Absolutely true. And personally I think the bigger issue is the dbag coach for the swarm that allowed this. He is taking playing time away from those kids who have been practicing and working hard all year for that team.

He wanted a win a few games.
Like I said earlier. Some Hawks kids play on lower level community based teams. They have all spring. But that is OK you just keep talking about things you don't know.
I did hear that the one attackman from Swarm is pretty good.
Top 5 2023 Teams (DMV) in order:

1 Crabs (tie)
1 Club Blue (tie)
3 Next Level
4 Hawks
5 FCA

The only discussion can be around the tie.
how could the hawks kids play for the swarm they were swimming in a guys pool all weekend
This was likely a figure of speech, so to speak.

This is not true. How do I know? Well, the Hawks AA team was in AA country all weekend. How do I know for sure? Some were swimming in my backyard. Ugh, get your story straight before you post

I'm pretty sure this guy shouldn't be allowed to be within 100 yards of an elementary school or playground.
Looney's at trilogy didn't have a game closer than 7 goals. Not sure what they get out of that? Were any of their games even competitive?

Like most so-called AA that really are A caliber they played in an irrelevant tournament against low level A and B level talent and ran through everyone. I expect this to be their only tournament win if the year which will be posted on their website to bring in more talent which they need desperately. This Club is going on the wrong direction.

Like most so-called AA that really are A caliber they played in an irrelevant tournament against low level A and B level talent and ran through everyone. I expect this to be their only tournament win if the year which will be posted on their website to bring in more talent which they need desperately. This Club is going on the wrong direction.

If Looneys 2023 is just not an AA team and the Trilogy is "irrelevant" why do you care? I think coaches prefer to play local. Next tournament at Mcdonogh will have FCA, Bethesda, Hawks. Young Guns after that
Looneys has some really solid players. Little Lefty attack and the pole with the Catonsville helmet. Faceoffs are really good and they have solid goalie play. They need a big middie and more left - right balance.

If Looneys 2023 is just not an AA team and the Trilogy is "irrelevant" why do you care? I think coaches prefer to play local. Next tournament at Mcdonogh will have FCA, Bethesda, Hawks. Young Guns after that

I agree but the Trilogy tournament was embarrassing this year. Young Guns should be a nice tournament but Looney's will not beat any of those teams mentioned.
Looneys has some really solid players. Little Lefty attack and the pole with the Catonsville helmet. Faceoffs are really good and they have solid goalie play. They need a big middie and more left - right balance.

Except for their 2020 team, the rest of the club is garbage.
At McDonough this weekend:
Looneys
Lax Factory
Bethesda
Hawks
Roughriders
FCA Blue

It is a HoCo Reunion in Owings Mills
Give me Bethesda over FCA in the finals

Looneys
Lax Factory
Bethesda
Hawks
Roughriders
FCA Blue

I am not sure if you saw that the Hawks are playing as well. Look at the HOCO results,

FCA is sharp right now, so I would say FCA over Hawks in the finals

Looneys
Lax Factory
Bethesda
Hawks
Roughriders
FCA Blue

I am not sure if you saw that the Hawks are playing as well. Look at the HOCO results,

FCA is sharp right now, so I would say FCA over Hawks in the finals

Hawks over BLC in final at McDonald's
Carolina over Sentry in Capital Classic finals. No MD team in finals-embarrassing.
Because none of the good md teams played in the CC
winner winner chicken dinner
no one wants to support the evil empire
no one wants to support the evil empire

Wait is madlax the evil empire or T9-1?
Looney's over FCA last week at the Maryland Lacrosse Tournament; was surprised to see FCA losing to both them and the Hawks. Does anyone know what happened to them at this tournament? I know a few of their kids were in Vail this weekend playing for the National Team; that FCA team is too talented to lose to Looney's.
U
Looney's over FCA last week at the Maryland Lacrosse Tournament; was surprised to see FCA losing to both them and the Hawks. Does anyone know what happened to them at this tournament? I know a few of their kids were in Vail this weekend playing for the National Team; that FCA team is too talented to lose to Looney's.

They did. That's what happens. Get over it.
excellent question...MADLAX is
excellent question...MADLAX is

Madlax is harmless only little babies get mad at them.
Yeah Madlax has never done anything wrong.

http://deadspin.com/hey-ungrateful-quitter-emails-from-an-angry-lacrosse-660703941

Looney's is a good team. Maybe not top of the AA group but they did beat Club Blue in the spring and CB went on to win the league. Also they've been trading wins and losses with FCA for past 3 years.

http://deadspin.com/hey-ungrateful-quitter-emails-from-an-angry-lacrosse-660703941[/quote]
For the love of god please post the Date this was written. This kid is a Senior in high school. The club and teams have moved on and most people are very happy with the coaches and teams. Is this story a black eye very much so. But I once got a referral for skipping school in high school. My boss at work does not bring it up 2 times a week.
Yes, that is the same thing as threatening a kid and his parents. Must be proud to give your money to this turd.
Young Guns today
Crabs, Igloo, Next Level and Hawks all go 3-0. The talent out their is amazing. For all the crap said about Looney's they sure do play hard. Next level has an attackman who is playing so much faster then everyone else it is fun to watch. Team 91 Warriors lost by a total of 2 goals against NL and Hawks. They are very very small but the skill level is insane. Crabs will have a tough one in the morning.
Young Guns today
Crabs, Igloo, Next Level and Hawks all go 3-0. The talent out their is amazing. For all the crap said about Looney's they sure do play hard. Next level has an attackman who is playing so much faster then everyone else it is fun to watch. Team 91 Warriors lost by a total of 2 goals against NL and Hawks. They are very very small but the skill level is insane. Crabs will have a tough one in the morning.

Agreed. Excellent lax today. Any of the teams mentioned could easily win this thing! Even though Igloo had the easiest schedule thus far, they will definitely be challenged tomorrow by NL. NL and Hawks looking strong and their games against the Warriors were probably the best games of the day. Scrappy teams on both sides. Crabs, in my opinion, are still the favorites, but it looks to be fun tomorrow.
Back to Back posts about lax. Great job boys
Crabs kid taken away in ambulance in Young Guns championship. Scary

Never want or like to hear that. Hopefully he is ok. Positive thoughts and prayers.
Player is fine. Great to hear.
Thank God it's over....
Player taken away in an ambulance at Legacy Invitational in Mass also. Maybe the governing lax board should take a good hard look at birth year before this becomes the norm and lax starts to follow to demise of youth football.
Desperately looking for a club that does not play favorites and play "daddy ball". Tell me where the clubs are that ask you to pay 2k and play the kids that are the best without the nonsense. I'm not seeing it.. FCA, Crabs, Looneys, Hawks, Bethesda , Club Blue, MadLax, Next Level, all Have Dad coaches that absolutely play favorites.... This crap is getting old. Please give me one club that is just pure lacrosse and development without the BS... I can't name one. This is getting old and with tryouts coming in a month I have no idea on what to do.....I wish a club would step up and quit the BS
Next Level and Madlax no daddy coaches.
Desperately looking for a club that does not play favorites and play "daddy ball". Tell me where the clubs are that ask you to pay 2k and play the kids that are the best without the nonsense. I'm not seeing it.. FCA, Crabs, Looneys, Hawks, Bethesda , Club Blue, MadLax, Next Level, all Have Dad coaches that absolutely play favorites.... This crap is getting old. Please give me one club that is just pure lacrosse and development without the BS... I can't name one. This is getting old and with tryouts coming in a month I have no idea on what to do.....I wish a club would step up and quit the BS

I hate to break it to you, but club is just like rec but with nicer uniforms and more summer tournaments. Also the clubs don't have the county chipping in to help pay for fields. It is still the dads with the most experience coaching the teams. All dad coaches are doing it because they are doing what they feel is best for their kid.
Player taken away in an ambulance at Legacy Invitational in Mass also. Maybe the governing lax board should take a good hard look at birth year before this becomes the norm and lax starts to follow to demise of youth football.

Crabs kid hurt when going for a ground ball and ran into knee of Hawks player during a faceoff. Age / size not a factor. Just two kids going to the ball and not aware of each other.

Another reason ban the fogo?
Next Level and Madlax no daddy coaches.

Nope. Madlax has two dad coaches. One coaches his own son on the 2022 team and the other is the 2024 coach who coaches his own two sons.
Young Guns today

Is this the same Hawks team that went 4-2 at Summer Exposure, losing to True Lacrosse and Brotherly Love?
Also what/who did Igloo add, last weekend they couldn't make it out of pool play in PA and here they are in the finals.....
Young Guns today

Is this the same Hawks team that went 4-2 at Summer Exposure, losing to True Lacrosse and Brotherly Love?
Also what/who did Igloo add, last weekend they couldn't make it out of pool play in PA and here they are in the finals.....

Igloo B team last week
Young Guns today

Yes, same exact Hawks team from Summer Exposure and HoCo season. Really started playing well the previous weekend at the Maryland Lacrosse Tournament and carried it into this weekend at Young Guns. Maybe the rumble with Looney's from the previous weekend finally sparked something in this team. Still can't believe they beat Crabs 11-3!
Young Guns today

Igloo B team last week

So Igloo has 3 team's at 23? They had a team in the A and B bracket in Philly...

I hate to break it to you, but club is just like rec but with nicer uniforms and more summer tournaments. Also the clubs don't have the county chipping in to help pay for fields. It is still the dads with the most experience coaching the teams. All dad coaches are doing it because they are doing what they feel is best for their kid.

Just pick a team where the coach's kid or assistant coach's kid or club owner's kid doesn't play the same position as your kid. Otherwise - very messy.
Young Guns today

Igloo B team last week

So Igloo has 3 team's at 23? They had a team in the A and B bracket in Philly...

3 teams:

1 black diamond
2 Nordic Edge
3 frost icy charge

Ugh, sorry, that last one is a Gatorade flavor - nevermind

If you are the dad who went from Dbacks, to Hawks, to Crabs and ha e complained about each one....maybe you need to look in the mirror. You are the problem. Your act is wearing thin on us this year. Please go back to the Hawks!!!!

Crabs kid hurt when going for a ground ball and ran into knee of Hawks player during a faceoff. Age / size not a factor. Just two kids going to the ball and not aware of each other.

Another reason ban the fogo?

Why ban the fogo because two kids knocked knees, how many kids are hurt on the faceoff as opposed to other aspects of the game. I would like to see poles taken off the wings on face-offs unless you are man down, would open the game up and might actually see a few fast breaks a game.
Says the fellas that monetize the face off game..
I hope the kid from the crabs is ok. He is a tough kid and very good faceoff player. He was probably the best faceoff kid at the tournament.
I hope the kid from the crabs is ok. He is a tough kid and very good faceoff player. He was probably the best faceoff kid at the tournament.

I heard he had a previous knee injury he was recovering from so I hope this is nothing serious. I agree he was without question the best faceoff kid at this tournament; quick, agrresive and played 2 way Middie. Impressive.
Young Guns today

Igloo B team last week

Igloo had an unbelievably easy schedule leading up to the finals. Once challenged, they folded and you saw the true team. Hawks had arguably the toughest schedule.
The Crabs fogo is fine. Possible muscle strain. It looked ugly and the medical staff did a fantastic job in addressing the injury.

I heard he had a previous knee injury he was recovering from so I hope this is nothing serious. I agree he was without question the best faceoff kid at this tournament; quick, agrresive and played 2 way Middie. Impressive.

Thanks mom... jeez.

Well let's see. You have gone from DBacks to Hawks to Crabs 2022. Then you reclassed him to 2023. Maybe try the 2024's? Has to be a way out there somewhere for your son to fulfill all YOUR dreams. Or maybe it's time to be honest about the situation?

maybe your son is just not very good, it happens

was he driving the ambulance
The Face Off guys from Team 91, Next Level, and Looney's were pretty good too..hard to say that the one Crabs kid was clearly the best...but he is very good

Thanks mom... jeez.

Nope just a casual fan watching him play; sorry it wasn't a compliment about your son I guess.
What happened in the championship Hawks vs Igloo? Igloo looked good.
Hawks beat Crabs easily, but Igloo had a hard fought win over Looneys.

His younger brother was...

Both of you are total as^holes. Just think, how would you feel if that was your son in that ambulance. Total dbags. Guess you both feel like big men saying this crap about an injured 2023 kid, 11 years old. Hope you are proud of yourself, no one else is. Hate to be your son of part of your family.
Hawks FoGo was very good to beat the crabs. Didn't see him play in the finals, assume he dominated they won the championship.ZpFypx

Both of you are total as^holes. Just think, how would you feel if that was your son in that ambulance. Total dbags. Guess you both feel like big men saying this crap about an injured 2023 kid, 11 years old. Hope you are proud of yourself, no one else is. Hate to be your son of part of your family.

Lighten up Francis, it was a little tongue in cheek about holdbacks, no one said anything about the boy. If you bothered to read the other posts, the boy is fine, it was just a joke. don't be sensitive, no one wants to see anyone injured, but like I said I actually read the other posts and saw the boy was fine before I said anything.
Hawks FoGo was very good to beat the crabs. Didn't see him play in the finals, assume he dominated they won the championship.ZpFypx

Didn't dominate in finals but the 2022 sure did

Lighten up Francis, it was a little tongue in cheek about holdbacks, no one said anything about the boy. If you bothered to read the other posts, the boy is fine, it was just a joke. don't be sensitive, no one wants to see anyone injured, but like I said I actually read the other posts and saw the boy was fine before I said anything.
. No Bunky boy, you are way out of line even as a joke. I read every post and I still see you as a dbag as^hole. This is not something to joke about. You are a piece of sh^t with a warped humor. Pathetic individuals like you should just STFU with this kind crap. Tongue in cheek, tell you what, shove your tongue up your [lacrosse], where it belongs. See ya low life.

. No Bunky boy, you are way out of line even as a joke. I read every post and I still see you as a dbag as^hole. This is not something to joke about. You are a piece of sh^t with a warped humor. Pathetic individuals like you should just STFU with this kind crap. Tongue in cheek, tell you what, shove your tongue up your [lacrosse], where it belongs. See ya low life.

Lighten up Francis.....where will i see you. Big talk for an anonymous poster
My son and I live in Harford County and he is interested in trying out for some club teams this year; his rec coach that has coached him for the last 3 years moved to Florida. Could the forum give me some advice on the clubs in our area; strengths and weaknesses to help me decide the direction we should be going? Right now we are looking at Thunder, Looney's, FCA and Team 91 2023. Thank you for your help!
My son and I live in Harford County and he is interested in trying out for some club teams this year; his rec coach that has coached him for the last 3 years moved to Florida. Could the forum give me some advice on the clubs in our area; strengths and weaknesses to help me decide the direction we should be going? Right now we are looking at Thunder, Looney's, FCA and Team 91 2023. Thank you for your help!

Our family doesn't live up that way...we are in the DC area...but in general, if he is making the move from rec to club...I would say to plan on trying out for at least a couple of teams. Many of the rosters will be pretty set with coaches looking to upgrade from the bottom of their rosters...the best chance is to spread out his opportunities. It will also give you a chance to observe the coaches and get a feel for the type of person and coach they are...my sons team has played against all of the ones you mention, except for Thunder, and while they vary in talent and success, they all appeared to be well coached...in particular the FCA team, which will probably be the hardest to make

Someone posted this on the another thread:

http://www.backofthecage.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=108558&page=128

Thanks mom... jeez.

Nope just a casual fan watching him play; sorry it wasn't a compliment about your son I guess.

Casual fan that knew the kid had a knee injury.... Whatever Mom. The kid is a good player but dont come on here boasting about you kid......

Thanks mom... jeez.

Casual fan that knew the kid had a knee injury.... Whatever Mom. The kid is a good player but dont come on here boasting about you kid......

you never talk to people on a sideline and learn about the kids? That explains a lot...
The Crabs fogo is fine. Possible muscle strain. It looked ugly and the medical staff did a fantastic job in addressing the injury.

Ambo for a muscle strain....a bit over the top you think? All my years of coaching multiple sports I have never heard of that...and I've seen some bad injuries
[quote=Anonymous]

I thought that was funny as [lacrosse]! Especially since he posted after he found out that the kid was fine. If you don't like holdback comedy, how about you play him against kids his own age???? That would solve everything. I watched the games. The kid was good. But the 91 kid and the Hawks kid were both better and they were 12-18 months younger.

They are all good clubs. FCA and Looneys have very comparable teams from a competitive standpoint and both are well coached. Making their top team will be challenging. From a financial perspective, Looneys is the best bang for your buck, especially at this grade level because they have good coaches. 91 and FCA are over 2k while looneys fees depend on the tournaments the team decides to do. It is often around 1300 or so.

Thanks mom... jeez.

Lord you sir are a complete moron!!! When the kid is getting carried off on a stretcher and someone say I hope it's not the same knee he hurt before you can put two and two together. Some people on this forum just love stirring the pot.
[quote=Anonymous]

I thought that was funny as [lacrosse]! Especially since he posted after he found out that the kid was fine. If you don't like holdback comedy, how about you play him against kids his own age???? That would solve everything. I watched the games. The kid was good. But the 91 kid and the Hawks kid were both better and they were 12-18 months younger.

Let me join in. This has noting to do with holdback comedy. If a kid is injured and later be determined fine, that is good news as far as I am concerned. But to sink this low io attempt to make a comic statement in a thread that deals with an injured kid is out of place. There are other threads to spread your comedy. I agree with the poster who called out the ones making an attempt at comedy. It was out of place and not appropriate. Then the one wo make the attempted comedy threatens the one who called him out. That is pathetic. You deserved what you got.
Is that per season or for the entire year?

They are all good clubs. FCA and Looneys have very comparable teams from a competitive standpoint and both are well coached. Making their top team will be challenging. From a financial perspective, Looneys is the best bang for your buck, especially at this grade level because they have good coaches. 91 and FCA are over 2k while looneys fees depend on the tournaments the team decides to do. It is often around 1300 or so.

Is that per season or for the entire year?

Per year broken into 2 installments. one at beginning of year and one before spring season.
FCA and Looneys have very comparable teams from a competitive standpoint and both are well coached. Making their top team will be challenging. From a financial perspective, Looneys is the best bang for your buck, especially at this grade level because they have good coaches. 91 and FCA are over 2k while looneys fees depend on the tournaments the team decides to do. It is often around 1300 or so.

[/quote]

That is some serious BS. Looney's has an incredible 2020 team, but the other teams are either terrible or mediocre. As for bang for the buck, they folded a rising junior and rising sophomore team, so ask those moms if they got their bang for the buck.

Making the Looney's top team is cake (except for 2020).
FCA and Looneys have very comparable teams from a competitive standpoint and both are well coached. Making their top team will be challenging. From a financial perspective, Looneys is the best bang for your buck, especially at this grade level because they have good coaches. 91 and FCA are over 2k while looneys fees depend on the tournaments the team decides to do. It is often around 1300 or so.

That is some serious BS. Looney's has an incredible 2020 team, but the other teams are either terrible or mediocre. As for bang for the buck, they folded a rising junior and rising sophomore team, so ask those moms if they got their bang for the buck.

Making the Looney's top team is cake (except for 2020).[/quote]

This is a 2023 forum and the poster asked about FCA and Looneys 2023 teams. The teams split this year with looneys winning the last matchup. They are evenly matched teams. The 2023 looneys team just made semi finals at Young Guns and lost a tight game to Igloo. If you think this is an easy team to make because your son's team folded three years ago, that is fine but you are mistaken.

Making the Looney's top team is cake (except for 2020).[/quote]

The poster was asking about 2023. The looneys and fca 2023 AA teams split their 2 games this year so they are indeed comparable. I believe the looneys and fca second 2023 teams played a scrimmage and had 1 goal game. You love bringing up the 2017 and 2018 teams. Irrelevant at this point but people can go thru the looneys thread to read about what happened. As with all clubs what matters most is the coaches of the grade your kid plays in and how he fits on the team and likes his teammates.
[quote=Anonymous]

Let me join in. This has noting to do with holdback comedy. If a kid is injured and later be determined fine, that is good news as far as I am concerned. But to sink this low io attempt to make a comic statement in a thread that deals with an injured kid is out of place. There are other threads to spread your comedy. I agree with the poster who called out the ones making an attempt at comedy. It was out of place and not appropriate. Then the one wo make the attempted comedy threatens the one who called him out. That is pathetic. You deserved what you got.

Let me join in, your an [lacrosse].
First, It wasn't attempted comedy, it was funny. It was not a joke about the kid's injury, like you are trying to twist it into.
Second, I threatened no one, but had over the top anatomical suggestions made to me. You cut those out of your post because they don't fit your agenda.
[quote=Anonymous]

Deserved what he got? What did he get? It sucks that he got hurt, but the kid is fine, right? If so, then who cares? To drag this out is silly. And to the other guy's post about holdbacks, being better than 3 of the 5 guys you face, at a year or two older, is not exactly something to boast about.
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]

Let me join in, your an [lacrosse].
First, It wasn't attempted comedy, it was funny. It was not a joke about the kid's injury, like you are trying to twist it into.
Second, I threatened no one, but had over the top anatomical suggestions made to me. You cut those out of your post because they don't fit your agenda.

At the end of the day, the kid is fine and we are all happy that he is!!!!

But the comment about the ambulance drivers was funny as [lacrosse], I was still laughing about it late last night. Lighten up people, its a good joke

Which teams would you recommend based solely on coaching?
There a ton of good coaches in every club that includes both Dads and paid coaches. some are crazier then others but all good. pick a club close to your house the drive will kill you.
It is tough to pick a team based on who the coach is. The coaches move as frequently as the players. It is such a crap shoot out there.
It is tough to pick a team based on who the coach is. The coaches move as frequently as the players. It is such a crap shoot out there.

I agree that is why I say go with the top club with a proven track record and like it or not you have to be locked in at these tryouts and really look at the talent on the field and watch the coaches at the tryouts this is really all you can do. And at this age you have 2 years or more to work out the details of finding a club for the next big 3 years after that.

Thanks mom... jeez.

Lord you sir are a complete moron!!! When the kid is getting carried off on a stretcher and someone say I hope it's not the same knee he hurt before you can put two and two together. Some people on this forum just love stirring the pot.
Been watching this kid all year... He is a serial flopper...Would make Labron James proud....

Lord you sir are a complete moron!!! When the kid is getting carried off on a stretcher and someone say I hope it's not the same knee he hurt before you can put two and two together. Some people on this forum just love stirring the pot. [/quote]Been watching this kid all year... He is a serial flopper...Would make Labron James proud....
[/quote]

classy. lebron makes millions playing hoops and people writing negative things about on forums is part of the deal. middle schooler playing lacrosse not so much
One of the toughest parts of being a ref has to be calling the push when it is obvious the kid in position has not intention of going for the ball and is just waiting for the slightest pressure on his back to hit the turf. Many of these kids even take steps backwards away from the ball to initiate the pressure on their back.

Another reason to ban the fogo?

Been watching this kid all year... He is a serial flopper...Would make Labron James proud....
[/quote]

classy. lebron makes millions playing hoops and people writing negative things about on forums is part of the deal. middle schooler playing lacrosse not so much[/quote]

The kid and Lebron are about the same age... he should be able to take it by now.
Hawks 2023 not fairing to well at Naptown.... 1-2 so far
Are these do called "National" teams just a complete money grab? TRUE National barely beats Bandits and Dukes National barely beats BL last weekend. You think picking and choosing the best kids from anywhere you want the teams would dominate....

Did I see correctly that NXT last weekend had Madlax Capital win the SINGLE A division? That's their top team at a given class, right? Anyone know the story on that - why they didn't play AA?
Did I see correctly that NXT last weekend had Madlax Capital win the SINGLE A division? That's their top team at a given class, right? Anyone know the story on that - why they didn't play AA?

Pretty sure it was one of the Madlax teams,not Madlax Cap. If it was, they were missing about 6 kids from the weekend before.

Pretty sure it was one of the Madlax teams,not Madlax Cap. If it was, they were missing about 6 kids from the weekend before.

No it was Madlax Capital
True had players from three different states but was largely made up of Chicago kids. Large, fast and skilled team. Well coached. Hawks and Bandits were the only club teams not all star teams in the tourney. Just to stir the pot a little these two teams also the only two who played zone against us.
Again excellent players and coaches all around. The team from California was over matched but Hogan does a good job overall. One more tourney to go then try-outs.

No it was Madlax Capital

What happened? Did their best kids play for Dukes? They definitely weren't there.
Are these do called "National" teams just a complete money grab? TRUE National barely beats Bandits and Dukes National barely beats BL last weekend. You think picking and choosing the best kids from anywhere you want the teams would dominate....

They are only getting the best kids that want to play for those types of teams. Doesn't necessarily mean they are getting the best kids....
Does anyone know anything about this Duke's Nationals team having tryouts at Hofstra?
Does anyone know anything about this Duke's Nationals team having tryouts at Hofstra?

Dukes Nationals are a good option for great players stuck on mediocre teams. Watch out if you are not one of the better players because you may pay a lot and not get to go to the tournaments. Guest players can agrivate the paying players also.
© US Lacrosse Community Forum