Originally Posted by Anonymous
I think the evaluators may have a difficult time finding the diamonds in the rough for their '25 YJ team last night. SO MANY girls and such a small space. Seemed to me they were content to just keep the two teams they have and collect fees from those coming over from other teams or simply trying to make the team for the first time. Fingers crossed but... like I said, crowded and small venue... Any other thoughts from anyone on the tryout?

Doubt that. Half the Spallina team needs to be replaced. Steep talent drop off after the first half of the girls. Must not have been much to pick from last year moving the starting age to 3rd grade.

Fingers crossed? Why?
Why get into that mess...look for alternative programs that will teach and not play the politic game

Diamonds in 4th grade? I have news for you some of those standouts will be left in the dust by the time they hit 7th grade. Go find a program with the best possible coaching and development opportunities. If in a few years if you have talent the top teams will find her and make room.

Not true at all. Very little movement between teams even on YJ's. Also, 85% of the girls on the top team will stay there till 2025.