I attended 2025 tryouts for two teams on Saturday & Tuesday. Both had impressive setups with flags, tents, and general aurora of professional organizations who are trying to justify their lofty fees, but one did a much better job in my opinion evaluating players and essentially selling themselves.

The program that identifies itself with letters ran creative age appropriate drills which were interactive and fun for the girls and allowed everyone to get multiple touches to show their strengths and developmental opportunities. They took teaching moments where appropriate and overall I was impressed with the level of energy at the event.

The Team that identifies itself with numbers ran more standard drills and scrimmages which were plagued with girls being partnered with players of varying skills levels and the common theme at every level or program of girls only passing to the friends/town teammates. The college aged (maybe HS?) “coaches” were sitting on the ground talking amongst themselves in a circle rather than participating in the workouts/evaluations. Not here to bash this particular team at all, as my daughter attended some of their events this past year and I was always impressed with their approach and attention to the kids. It was also very hot that day so who knows.

That all said based on simple math and economics no one is being turned away from either program, but it was an interesting observation.