Originally Posted by Anonymous
Looks like Elevate plays some good clubs this weekend....

It's a shame the 2021 YJ team will probably not make it out of their bracket this weekend. Was looking forward to a matchup this summer.

You may be correct, this is the most competitive collection of teams I have ever seen in a bracket at any tournament for this age group, ever. What ever team wins this bracket has a cakewalk through playoffs. Most likely winner would be M&D black, but there are several teams that could make some noise, certainly YJ. If your trying to put elevate 2021 anywhere near the level of the teams in this bracket, you are delusional.

First of all for the 2021 division this weekend, 2 teams from the YJ division make it and they will be one of them, either 1st or 2nd. In the Elevate bracket which is certainly a weaker bracket 1 team makes the playoffs and Elevate will be representing that division in the playoffs.
Obviously this poster has no Idea what there talking about. YJ didn't even make it out of the bracket (add excuse here) and Elevate went 1-3, and I ask who is the worst of the 2, at least Elevate is a newer, growing club, but the "ELITE" not even movie int the playoffs in that bracket, and no "ELITE" team getting past the first round doesn't bode well for that club. No champs in any bracket under '19. Maybe we L.I. laxers should start caring more about every girl as opposed to pounding our chest about the clubs she plays for?

For all the smack talk coming from the mighty Skak team they sure seem broken and unable to compete with any of the top MD clubs? What's even sadder is 10 kids probably never saw the field and even the "studs" can't get it done anymore. This is exactly why people are leaving and willing to take a chance with startups. You can knock other programs but our kids had fun and everyone played equally.

I'm a MD parent and you LI parents are unbelievable how you put each other's girls down. YJ Skak is a fantastic team. To say they are unable to compete with top MD teams is crazy. They lost by 1 to Skywalkers and even the M&D game was a 5-5 game in the middle of second half. M&D can make any team look bad if they play well. They beat Stars 15-1 this weekend after having a close 3-2 final the weekend before. They are 13 yr old girls.