Originally Posted by Anonymous
We all know he will play the starters throughout most of the game, but how does he not get a few seniors in at the end? Doesn't all the time these boys spent over two or three years matter???

It was never even a game last night, the goal that HHHE is credited was scored by WM goalie...

I am not saying that kids should get equal time and I am not saying the kids that played all game aren't deserving. They are clearly deserving of their play time. Just seems to me in a 17-1 game that was a blow out at the end of the first q, coach could have shown a little loyalty and respect to the team and let a few seniors play.

Say what you want about the catholics and their position to not move up freshman and sophs, but the system clearly is fair. On all of LI there are only a very small handful of Freshman that can actually contribute.

To stick some of them in with 8 minutes left in a blow out to run around while junior and senior kids that have been loyal to the program stand and watch is just sad.

To many coaches are always looking at the future. In my town the coaches never think the team is good enough so they are constantly preparing for the future by playing younger players over the upper classmen that are better and stronger than them and can help the team much more right now. The days of being loyal to the players are long over.

I agree do want to work with younger kids. Can't agree with you on better and stronger. In a district like WM bench goes deep. Coaches have them all year long because kids play with them in the summer, so there is plenty of time to develop. No excuses...WM like many districts have too much politicking and closed door deals to get kids playing time. So the bottom line is be loyal to players that have been with you for years in a 17-1 game!

Completely agree. No one is taking anything away from the starters. They play because they are the best, end of story. However, the WM coach owes the older boys that have worked their [lacrosse] off for years every day the chance to end their HS career on the field in a 17-1 home playoff game. And no disrespect to the fresh or sophs he put in their place, they are all very good players.

Coach is just a man thinking he is building a dynasty, but WM program is already respected far and wide. the senior kids that showed up every day, ran all of the drills, all of the sprints, in the rain and snow deserved a little loyalty. Was it really too much to ask when you were up 17-1 with 8 minutes left?

Worse than all of the above, the only reason this team isn't undefeated is the coach. The only reason this team is not likely to win the states is the coach.

there is one position on the field where they can't compete with their seniors, but the coach just can't see the importance. In most blow out games this year it never mattered, but in the two losses, he should be able to clearly see the pattern and plan for it. If his past history is any indication, the team will lose to either Nport or SME and it will all be based on that one position.