Originally Posted by Anonymous
It's 2 years old but hardly an outlier. He tries to charge parents an extra 6 months of academy fees if they leave. if a kid leavws, he kicks out their siblings. He has been fired from hs job and threatened his hs team that they had to play madlax or else. Swell guy.

My son has played for Madlax since his 2nd year of U11. The program has worked for us but it may not be for everyone. Has it always been perfect - no. I have friends with kids in Blackwolf and VLC and from our conversations there is plenty good and bad with each club. Some have issues with keeping quality coaches, some have issues not playing enough tournaments to stay competitive. I don't know any families with kids that play for BLC but I know that they always have a strong team and that we always look forward to playing against them. I also know that each club owner from Madlax to VLC to BLC and others such as the Hawks and the Dukes HHH - they all put a lot of time and passion into their program and players. We as parents just have to determine which fit is best for our kids - its their game in the end. To the comment regarding siblings getting kicked off when another leaves the program at Madlax - I don't personally know of any family where that's happened. However I do know one family where an older brother left Madlax for another team but the younger brother continued with Madlax and continues to be one of their best players in his particular age group. As I said in the beginning - each club has pros and cons - you just have to figure out which club works best for your kids. On the positive side, there is no shortage of clubs in the DC/Baltimore area so if one doesn't work out there are plenty of others to choose from...