Originally Posted by Anonymous
What hHappened with hawks?

I'd be interested to hear from Hawks parents. They and the coaches are the only ones who know. Hawks star players were all there and on field (at least the top 4-5). Maybe missing a FOGO but their #2 FOGO is big and talented as well.

Long answer: Not sure. Hawks parents commented that they lost "half the team" this year. My kid recognized at least one kid as the "go to shooter" for Richmond Hawks, playing for Annapolis Hawks. So maybe??? they pulled up Richmond kids, who with 2 exceptions, are not at regular Hawks levels.

However the counterpoint to that would be that they were not short of players, counted 17 on the sideline in addition to 10 on the field.

And that the Hawks best players were certainly there and playing.

And the company who owns Hawks organized the tournament, so it's not like Hawks' participation was thrown together at the last minute and half the boys were on a St. Marys school band trip or something. And with the roster sizes this year, the "we were missing guys" schtick is just an excuse. Build a roster that can withstand absences and injuries if you have any intention of playing at a high level. Hawks know what they are doing when they build rosters.

My question is, logistically, the area that Hawks pulls from (mostly), Southern MD and the eastern shore and Annapolis, doesn't have a lot of other great options for club ball at 2028. If they lost "half the team", where in the world would they go?

And why? Inarguably one of the top 10 teams in the country 6 months ago. Have heard zero rumors of "real" issues until the "we lost half the team" comments yesterday.