@BackOfTheCAGE
This thread will be used for discussions, news, and analysis of the Girls 2016 graduation year programs during the Fall 2012/Spring 2013 seasonal year.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Girls 2016 Fall 2012/Spring 2013 -
Is suffolk county girls 2016 team going to the U15 us lacrosse national championships in Florida. Would be nice if all the so called best teams on long island sent a team to a neutral site to play in a true championship format. No excuses .
YJ and TG's going, who else would you like to see there? 2 best 2016 teams on the island. I don't think SC girls 2016 will be able to keep up with either, but I hope they do well.
If you are referring to the Suffolk County All Stars, the team elected to pass on this tournament.
Express is going as well.
Liberty and Team elevate too
Originally Posted by Anonymous
If you are referring to the Suffolk County All Stars, the team elected to pass on this tournament.

You guys should reconsider , as you can see from the above the best travel teams are going and if you want to be considered one of the best you at least would jump at the chance to prove it.

Surprised team elevate is going and do not need to qualify
Haven't the sc all stars beat yj 2 years in a row at DE tournament. Wasn't that beaten to death last season? Oh that's right...yj didn't have all their players.
Haven't the sc all stars beat yj 2 years in a row at DE tournament. Wasn't that beaten to death last season? Oh that's right...yj didn't have all their players.

Didn't SC stars get a complete beat down at the same tournament by TG.Funny how SC allstars hangs their hat at showcase tournaments.Go to the real deal championship format U15 in Florida and let's see how you stack up.Could it be you have some age ineligible players or just realize you have no chance at placing .Everyone always complains that the Long Island teams do not get a chance to play each other ,now when they have a chance you get to see who plays for real travel teams and who plays for a wannabe fake travel organization that is falling apart.Come on Tomasz roll the dice and take a chance.
Some people might disagree but having watched a lot of the Girls play since the 3rd grade and they way they are spread out amongst the different travel teams, if the pairings work out there will be some really good games. I can wait to sit back and watch them.
All f them except SC all stars , champs of the non championship tournament
If you think so little of the Allstars why do you even waste your time making negative comments? All of these teams offer something. You probably hardly hear anything from teams like Allstars liberty express etc because the players are happy where they are. Look all over these boards and all you read is the constant hate and negativity and jealousy amongst tg and yj and complaints about drunk crazy coaches and crappy pinny uniforms. Do you think anyone after high school is going to care what team your daughters played for? Life is short enjoy this and worry about your own not about others!
All f them except SC all stars , champs of the non championship tournament

Some people must be really insecure if they have to keep putting others down
If you think so little of the Allstars why do you even waste your time making negative comments? All of these teams offer something. You probably hardly hear anything from teams like Allstars liberty express etc because the players are happy where they are. Look all over these boards and all you read is the constant hate and negativity and jealousy amongst tg and yj and complaints about drunk crazy coaches and crappy pinny uniforms. Do you think anyone after high school is going to care what team your daughters played for? Life is short enjoy this and worry about your own not about others!

Actually I hear your all-star team spouting off all the time about their wins over YJ at showcase tournaments , do not remember hearing about the beating they took at the hands of YJ the last time I saw them play at a Stony Brook tournament.Why not go to a tournament run by us lacrosse on neutral ground, could be wrong but hear it's an age issue.
sc allstars going to florida in november, showcase tournament. they dont want to do championship tournaments, after all , its getting into college that really counts.
sc allstars going to florida in november, showcase tournament. they dont want to do championship tournaments, after all , its getting into college that really counts.

Of course they don't want to do championship tournaments because they never win those, when other teams are playing to win SC allstars do not want to be involved, shocking.

Of course they don't want to do championship tournaments because they never win those, when other teams are playing to win SC allstars do not want to be involved, shocking.

They can't afford to do both. Thats a low budget operation.
Low blow! I guess they can afford nicer uniforms than a so called "high budget" operation that costs 3x as much and wears the same stinky pinnies year after year. Looks like your $ is going right into someone else pocket other than your own or for college. Like a previous post stated why so much energy wasted on another team if they are so inferior
Low blow! I guess they can afford nicer uniforms than a so called "high budget" operation that costs 3x as much and wears the same stinky pinnies year after year. Looks like your $ is going right into someone else pocket other than your own or for college. Like a previous post stated why so much energy wasted on another team if they are so inferior

Just being truthful!

If your kid is playing lacrosse to get into college I would suggest putting down the lacrosse stick and picking up a book.Play travel lacrosse because you enjoy the sport and want to get better but also play because you enjoy the better competition. Sounds to me that what people have been saying about SCGA may have some truth to it, namely they avoid the more competitive tournaments. Actually an interesting strategy to build the resume of a team .
what tournaments are allstars doing this year?
6/14 Brine All Star Showcase - PA
6/21 Natl Draw - NJ
7/6 - Hofstra
7/13 - Club Natl - MD
November in LarryMiller, FL

thats weak, for the little bit of money the allstars pay, I guess thats what they get.
Thank you for reinforcing the reason why normal people do not comment on this site. Your comments are both sad and pathetic. You are obviously very frustrated and jealous, but try to remember that we are commenting on 15 year old girls !! I feel sorry for your daughter, but wish her well anyway. Good luck to all teams - have fun and enjoy.
TG awfully quiet after this weekends MD tourney.
What should we be screaming about? we lost by a goal to the eventual tournament winner.. look on another tread and listen to the M&D parents talk about how rough their bracket was. The first of many tournaments this summer, our team will only get better
TG awfully quiet after this weekends MD tourney.

YJ parent here and even I find this comment annoying.Yes they lost to the best team in the age group and won all there other games.
nat draw schedule is out. nice bracket, but probalby will change.
M&D
YJ
TG
express
allstars

its between MD YJ and TG allstars and express might not win a game unless they play each other.
Write it down All Stars will own YJ again.
allstars will not win more than 1 game. however they will beat the traffic and all of us home. allstars are out of there class.
Wow so much hate! These are 14/15 yr old girls. Seems there are plenty of teams for all. Didnt allstars lose to M & D in semi finals last year by only a goal? At showcase tournament they beat YJ and sky walkers but lost to tg. They deserve some respect.
So many parents spend so much time on these boards bashing teams. How many of these parents were actually ever athletes themselves. Should be ashamed of themselves and the example they are setting for their daughters. Very sad.
If the schedule remains as is, a lot will be learned based on the results of National Draw. this is the first time I am aware of, that all of these teams will square off at the same tournament.

regarding the smack talk, it's just talk....the best team will do it's talking on the field!
Allstars has 2 teams in this tournament at 2016, is this the "A" or "B" team in the bracket with M&D Black, Express Orange, Bucks Select, Yellow Jackets and Top Guns Black?
Allstars has 2 teams in this tournament at 2016, is this the "A" or "B" team in the bracket with M&D Black, Express Orange, Bucks Select, Yellow Jackets and Top Guns Black?

This is their A team, I believe the other is 2016/2017 mix.

Why would a tournament of this caliber put all if theses top teams in one bracket? Makes no sense.
Last year all these teams were on one side of the playoff bracket. At least all the games will be competitive , the only bad thing is you do not get to play all the teams in your pool so it will come down to the goals against thing which means some teams will be in stall mode which can be very boring lacrosse. They should make a top ranked pool and let top two teams make playoffs out of that pool, that way games are competitive but if you win all your games in top pool at least you are guaranteed making playoffs.

Why would a tournament of this caliber put all if theses top teams in one bracket? Makes no sense.

Win or lose i would love for my daughter to have competition like that every weekend. It makes her a better player and the time spent worth it.
Great post. My daughter is newer to LAX and now plays for TG. I don't understand all the hate. My daughter is a great player and she has plenty of friends who are great players on other teams (YJ, Liberty, fl$, etc...). The only time I want to see them lose is when we play them. I love to see that we have that much talent on LI. Strong Island LAX
allstars have 2 B teams lol
because now when they play each other, they play full games. when they play in layoffs its only 25 min game. this should be more interesting
Wholesale changes to national draw schedule . Wonder who complained. So much for those great match ups
YJ 2016 beat TG 2016 black today nice game
What was the score
I will say this score does not matter , who cares who won at least both teams willing to put it on the line and play each other. Congrats to both teams .
I will say this score does not matter , who cares who won at least both teams willing to put it on the line and play each other. Congrats to both teams .

It was a one goal game, and it could have gone either way. Yesterday YJ won, next time maybe TG. great game and neither team is ducking the other. can we end this?

It was a one goal game, and it could have gone either way. Yesterday YJ won, next time maybe TG. great game and neither team is ducking the other. can we end this?
Sounds like an excellent game where both teams got something from the additional training in a game situation. Well done by both clubs in coming together for the match.
Beach Bums 2016 had a big win over YJ 2016 Ceraso team yesterday at Lax by the Sea.
Originally Posted by CageSage

Sounds like an excellent game where both teams got something from the additional training in a game situation. Well done by both clubs in coming together for the match.

Great job to the directors of both clubs. We all WANT to play each other. Yes there are some nut job parents who with their comments fueled the feud but we know who they are and feel sorry for them. The older girls are friendly and play together on teams like UA and will be team mates in college so let's continue this trend. THIS IS ONE SMALL STEP FOR LAX BUT A GIANT LEAP FOR LI LAX.
Originally Posted by CageSage

Great job to the directors of both clubs. We all WANT to play each other. Yes there are some nut job parents who with their comments fueled the feud but we know who they are and feel sorry for them. The older girls are friendly and play together on teams like UA and will be team mates in college so let's continue this trend. THIS IS ONE SMALL STEP FOR LAX BUT A GIANT LEAP FOR LI LAX.

did anyone else notice the coaches hugging it out after the game?? that was great to see.
this tg vs yj game is a giant step in the right direction. congrats to all
ss played 5 years for him.
Great to see all the positive comments re: girls 2016 lax. Great game by both teams. The only way we are going to get better is by playing the best.
Beach Bums 2016 had a big win over YJ 2016 Ceraso team yesterday at Lax by the Sea.
Never heard of Beach Bums.....are they new? Where are they from.

Not new, based in Babylon

Not new, based in Babylon

Word is that Beach Bums have one of the best 2016 teams on Long Island!!
But, Beach Bums failed to make playoffs. YJ Ceraso went on to play in Championship game, outscoring opponents 49 vs 24.
maybe someone kicked sand in their faces?
Nat Draw predictions for 2016s? Any interesting matchups out there?

looks like beach bums are favored to win according to the above post.
Great to see all the positive comments re: girls 2016 lax. Great game by both teams. The only way we are going to get better is by playing the best.

Now that the fence is down, it is time to start pairing off yj and tg teams to play in pools or converging playoff brackets. The more games between the clubs the less people will care about the very few games now under a microscope. Certainly beats playing teams from your own club at tournaments.

Just a prediction ,YJ beats TG in another close one in semis and goes on to beat MD in finals. That being said if TG or YJ make it to finals will be tuff go against a well rested MD, not much on MD side of bracket.
come on beach bums, you aren't in there league.
Nat draw will be won by either M&D black, YJ defo, or Topguns.
thats it.
beachbums are new team from LI, not very strong, don't do to many top tournaments.
beachbums are new team from LI, not very strong, don't do to many top tournaments.

Beach Buns have been around for six years.......Top Guns four ....

YJ Ceraso team prevailed and made it to the finals
lax by the Sea Finalist!!

Beach Buns have been around for six years.......Top Guns four ....

Beach bums have never fielded a ninth grade team. The directors daughter is on this team and the babylon varsity head coach is partners with the director and coaches this team. They are a decent b team at best. The directors daughter also plays for the yellow jackets.
I took a peek at the schedule. Looks like YJs only challenge prior to finals will be the semifinal. May be difficult for TG to make it out of their bracket but wouldnt put it past them. M&D pitted against SC Allstars Saturday morning..Both YJ & MD will be rested if they make final. Bit of a bold prediction going with YJ since YJ yet to ever beat MD in the 2016 age group? What do you envision changesthe result this time?
Why would it be hard for TG to make it out of bracket, they have little competition.Why would YJ be rested they most likely will play TG in semi if they make the final.Only reason I would pick either TG or YJ in final vs MD is whoever wins semi will have a lot of mo coming into final game, that being said MD is the favorite at the draw until someone beats them
They' will be rested. Girls at this age should not be worn down in the least from a 25 min running clock.. String a few intense games together along with high temps and that's when fatigue sets in...otherwise, shouldn't be an issue..BBL, Express, MD Red..not YJ MD Black caliber but all could surprise..TG improved but not top tier yet as I see it..MD has full game with SCAS who gave them fits last yr at draw

I see many girls play for a year then move on, as the program is rather weak overall, never really amount to what they said it would.
as you see it , how is top guns black not top tier ? last 2 tournaments they lost 1 goal games that could have went either wat against yj blue and m&d black.
I don't think they have elite talent. Obviously they're well-coached. In the past, TG got blown out by most of these teams. I think the gap has closed somewhat, but they're not on the level of other teams such as MD, Heros, YJ. They've never beaten any of these teams (I don't think) let alone done so on a consistent basis & that's why they're not top tier! Lets not group them & TG together, no matter what the score of their last matchup was. Don't get your panties in a bunch. Solid team but not elite. When has TG 16 won a Draw, CNC, etc??

I see many girls play for a year then move on, as the program is rather weak overall, never really amount to what they said it would.

Years ago my daughter went to a tryout. Their selling point, as I understood it, was that they stick close to home and only go to one away tournament a season; that they were more "family style/smaller scale," for those who didn't want to go whole hog and be gone for half the summer weekends. They had parent coaches and not college kids, I don't know if that is still true. There are a bunch of girls in my school district who play for them and are happy there.
as you see it , how is top guns black not top tier ? last 2 tournaments they lost 1 goal games that could have went either wat against yj blue and m&d black.

When you start using that you lost 2 games but were close is when you know you are not yet a top tier team.Game could have gone the other way against MD but also could have been 12-5 , your goalie saved the day, which is what I heard in the YJ game.
Top Guns 2016 is an excellent team. They are one of 5 or 6 teams that could win the Draw this weekend.

Good luck to all of the teams!
panties not in a bunch. not my team was just asking the question and yes the goalie played well but she is a part of the team. also believe they were winning both games late. I understand that you have to beat the best to be the best but not grouping these teams together is selling the tg team short. how are the records of these so called elite clubs against each other the last 2 yrs. do they beat each other up or is it one sided ( yj, m&d, heros,)
MD has lost 1 time to heroes i think and never to yj in 4? attempts. M&D has had alot of 1 goal games but haven't lost many. Could very well change this weekend. Every team has good days and bad. But elite requires winning tournaments regularly. Previous poster said they have never lost to a LI/NY team. Don't know Heroes accolades just know they are a very talented team.
Thank you. Question though how many teams then would be considered elite 1, 2,3 5 maybe 10 ? And if wining tournaments is the benchmark for being elite how would you categorize team a that plays in the same tournaments as team b beats all other teams in one sided fashion but loses to team b the one or two times they get to play. And in response to a previous poster if yj never beat m&d. Them isn't m&d the only elite team
2016 Yj has won many tournaments over the years and I believe won the rock the fields tournament last year at which they beat heroes who had beaten MD at the same tournament.They have also beaten sky walkers , both steps, MD united every time they played on their way to winning several tournaments and can now claim a victory over TG. When TG wins a few tournaments with well established teams in the mix then I believe they will be considered elite.I do agree however at this point MD needs to be placed at the top.
I think that post was so confusing you confused yourself! haha

The Lakers, Celtics, Bulls, and Pistons were all elite in the 80s and early 90s. They couldn't all win every year but they won their fair share. M&D has lost only a few games in the last few years. Most coming during fall ball and against other Maryland teams who probably scout them heavily, when the girls are playing other high school sports and less emphasis is placed on club lax than during the summer months.

Listen to what that guy's saying that there's only 3 super elite teams in this age group

MD won 3 straight Club national championships, 4-0 against YJ, undefeated all-time against NY/LI teams and is reigning Draw champs, to go along with many other tournament titles. I'd say that qualifies as elite.

What would TGs resume look like in comparison?

With that said, watch MD get beat this weekend!! lmao
Thank you that response it was informative and in mind clears up who is clearly #1 . I Saw the m&d top guns game at lax inception and although just 25 min it looked to be a game either team could win. I have also seen yj defo team play many times and believe they also can play with if not beat any team in that age group. I don't know much about sky walkers,heroes or any of the other top teams records against tg,yj or m&d but have to believe based on reputation they could also win on any given day.
There are a group of 10-12 teams that are all capable of beating each other on a given day at a given tournament. Some of those teams have done real well in terms of winning tournament championships, but going forward they are not locks to win future tournaments.

In general, the gap between these teams has tended to close and that will make these tournaments so interesting and exciting going forward.

I think there are several teams that could win the National Draw this weekend at 2016 and that is good for all of the competitors involved.
There are a group of 10-12 teams that are all capable of beating each other on a given day at a given tournament. Some of those teams have done real well in terms of winning tournament championships, but going forward they are not locks to win future tournaments.

In general, the gap between these teams has tended to close and that will make these tournaments so interesting and exciting going forward.

I think there are several teams that could win the National Draw this weekend at 2016 and that is good for all of the competitors involved.

Agree completely

Agree completely

Are the beach bums included in the 10-12 teams?
M&D
Yellow Jackets
Top Guns
Express
Heros
MD United
TLC
BBL
NEMS
Skywalkers
FSLAX
Suffolk County
Checkers
It would be very hard to rank these teams outside of the top three but you seem to have done a decent job with yours. Only one strong beef with you list and that is that Top Guns & Express aren't in the same league as Heros. Meaning heros would win 75% of the times they played. guaranteed ;)Coincidence that 3 of top 4 teams are LI based?? :)))
Actually, I wasn't ranking, I was listing.

I would have a hard time ranking those teams because some of them are more inconsistent than others.

Now that I look at it though, if that were a ranking it might not be that far off.
You forgot Capital
I have no problem with adding Capital to that list. That is a good 14 teams. I am sure I missed others that are worthy of a metion as well and no slight is intended. I simply do not know all of the teams well enough.

Other teams from Maryland? New [lacrosse]? New Jersey? Colorado?
It would be very hard to rank these teams outside of the top three but you seem to have done a decent job with yours. Only one strong beef with you list and that is that Top Guns & Express aren't in the same league as Heros. Meaning heros would win 75% of the times they played. guaranteed ;)Coincidence that 3 of top 4 teams are LI based?? :)))

A couple of questions. What is Heros record against Top Guns and Express? How about Yellow Jackets and MD?

Also, have Heros ever won any summer tournaments?
It doesn't seem like there are alot of Heroes folks on this bored. Don't know if anyone here can answer those questions.
I was hoping that the poster that claimed Heros would win 75% of the time against Top Guns or Express would fill us in on the details.
They have a very strong team led by their goalie (projected starter for McDonogh next season). A lot of speed and can put up a lot of goals if you aren't strong defensively. They have played MD to alot one goal games. A lot of these came in championship games. Im guessing they've won a good # of tournaments that M&D hasn't participated. I'm not sure their record against YJbut I have heardYJ has had their # a few times. I doubt they have lost to TG or Express although they seem a little more inconsistent than MD & YJ. Not trying to cause trouble but they are just better than TG & Express
He should've said AT LEAST 75%
They have a very strong team led by their goalie (projected starter for McDonogh next season). A lot of speed and can put up a lot of goals if you aren't strong defensively. They have played MD to alot one goal games. A lot of these came in championship games. Im guessing they've won a good # of tournaments that M&D hasn't participated. I'm not sure their record against YJbut I have heardYJ has had their # a few times. I doubt they have lost to TG or Express although they seem a little more inconsistent than MD & YJ. Not trying to cause trouble but they are just better than TG & Express

OK. So, you cannot tell us how many tournaments they have won. You cannot tell us how they did against Yellow Jackets. You cannot tell us how they did against Top Guns or Express, though you "doubt" they have lost against them.

And it is upon that mountain of facts that you base your statement that you "guarantee" they would win 75% of their games against Top Guns and Express.

OK.
Would you venture to agree that if MD and Top Guns played 10 times M&D would win at least 8 out of 10? That's not far fetched given MD is at least 4-0 against TG if not more. Mind you that is a 100% winning record. Well, Heros is comparable to MD..so there's your answer.
Has Top Guns EVER won a tournament where MD, YJ, or Heros were present? I think it's doubtful. Heros has won at least one or two Mid Atlantic's. Bring home the hardware and then you'll have a gripe.
Just wondering how long Club MD has been in existance? TG not bad for 4 years...
Would you venture to agree that if MD and Top Guns played 10 times M&D would win at least 8 out of 10? That's not far fetched given MD is at least 4-0 against TG if not more. Mind you that is a 100% winning record. Well, Heros is comparable to MD..so there's your answer.

Well, right there is my mistake. I had no idea that Heros was comparable to MD (said the apple to the orange).
TGs meteoric rise is very commendable but our argument had nothing to do with how long programs have existed. All the 2016s have played together for four years anyway
TGs meteoric rise is very commendable but our argument had nothing to do with how long programs have existed. All the 2016s have played together for four years anyway

Not my daughters 2016 team. More than half the girls have never played with the team. Why do you assume all the teams have played together for 4 years.

TG 2016 Black are 0=3 vs M&D black, 0-3 Vs Hero's, 0-1 vs YJ Defo...but i think the gap is narrowing, we will see a little clearer after this weekend

Oh, I know because I was at them all
YJ 16 Defo wins National Draw. Defeats TG and crushes Suffolk County
All stars with CR at the helm!! YJ looked great.
Tg black beats the crap out of everybody, but when its comes down to YJ or MD or Heroes or any good team they cant stay with the competition.
Your partially right top guns has not beaten yj or m&d this year but by anyone else who exactly do you mean,considering they have only lost three times so far this season. No excuses when it comes to those 2 teams they have been better but considering there are changes to all teams , any comparison is a little premature. Congrats to the 4 Long Island teams that played in the semi finals at national draw and to the winner yj defo
topguns has never beat YJ blue team at any age. what now?
Im surprised noone has mentioned the MD Black SC All Stars game. We heard some interesting stories through the grapevine from that one. Tie game and MD went home packing on goals against. Down go the champs!
Im surprised noone has mentioned the MD Black SC All Stars game. We heard some interesting stories through the grapevine from that one. Tie game and MD went home packing on goals against. Down go the champs!

Fill us in on the interesting stories because otherwise It would appear that this tie game was the highlight of their weekend, they went on to struggle against the tg purple team, and didn't even show up against the yj blue.. Giving up 7 goals in a 25 min game. A championship game no less.

You keep playing because is is going to happen

I have a good friend who's daughter plays YJ's, we spoke on Saturday night about how crazy "some" of the parents are. The fact that the YJ parents need to come on boards like this and write the stuff they do only enforces what the rest of the country thinks about them. Play dirty rough lacrosse with a win at all costs mentality. Have vulgar parents on sidelines. And now we can add have vulgar parents writing on boards like these ripping young girls and other teams.

I'm not a TG parent either but I'm just so tired of the obnoxious YJ parents who feel the need to spew their hatred.

It's girls lacrosse - it's over quicker than you think. Spend more time teaching your kid life lessons rather than lessons on how to win a tournament or how to write negative comments about anyone else but your club.

I have a good friend who's daughter plays YJ's, we spoke on Saturday night about how crazy "some" of the parents are. The fact that the YJ parents need to come on boards like this and write the stuff they do only enforces what the rest of the country thinks about them. Play dirty rough lacrosse with a win at all costs mentality. Have vulgar parents on sidelines. And now we can add have vulgar parents writing on boards like these ripping young girls and other teams.

I'm not a TG parent either but I'm just so tired of the obnoxious YJ parents who feel the need to spew their hatred.

It's girls lacrosse - it's over quicker than you think. Spend more time teaching your kid life lessons rather than lessons on how to win a tournament or how to write negative comments about anyone else but your club.

Um it's anonymous it could be anyone writing this stuff.
game was very interesting 4 yellow cards for M&D,
SC goalie made a stop on shot with no time left.
overheard parents and players on M&D complaing about the coaches game plan and the coach!

I am calling BS on this one , good friend would tell you all the girls on this team get along and are happy for the others when they do well.Vulgar parents from this team, please give us an example.Dirty rough lacrosse, you have apparently never watched this team play.
What was their game plan? What were they complaining about?

I am calling BS on this one , good friend would tell you all the girls on this team get along and are happy for the others when they do well.Vulgar parents from this team, please give us an example.Dirty rough lacrosse, you have apparently never watched this team play.

Very defensive. Maybe the poster was talking about the YJ program as a whole and not just one team.
I agree if we are talking about the 2016 yg blue team. don't know the parents but daughter has played against this team multiple times and the girls and coaches won with class. aggressive yes, dirty no way kept the score reasonable when could have run it up. very talented team

Very defensive. Maybe the poster was talking about the YJ program as a whole and not just one team.

Hey Einstein maybe you should not post on the Girls 2016 forum.You really make it easy when you post ignorant things.
coach kept calling plays that were not working
typical parent complaints "my daughter should have played more"
Why did he pull my daughter"
Does anybody know how 2016 recruiting is going? The summer season is over and coaches have had their first looks.

Any verbals at top 20 programs? Which teams are actively making offers?
As far as I can tell, in the case of 2016's, mostly window shopping right now.
topguns win u15 national championship in LarryMiller florida... beat yellowjackets blue in finals, topguns also beat a combined good baltimore team and the defending champions skywalkers.

the summer season has come to end with topguns on top in the biggest venue of the year. Congrats to topguns 2016...
topguns win u15 national championship in LarryMiller florida... beat yellowjackets blue in finals, topguns also beat a combined good baltimore team and the defending champions skywalkers.

the summer season has come to end with topguns on top in the biggest venue of the year. Congrats to topguns 2016...

Are you really that dense,2016 TG are at best a top 10 team. They have a team full of descent players with no true standouts, makes them a descent team but not very highly recruited.

Are you really that dense,2016 TG are at best a top 10 team. They have a team full of descent players with no true standouts, makes them a descent team but not very highly recruited.

Makes them a true team, I much prefer to watch a good team play real lacrosse than watching a few studs going to goal trying to put a win on their back. The national championships are over, people will take from the results whatever they want, my advice, give it a rest, if the results from this year upset you, wait a year, everyone will have another shot next tournament.

Makes them a true team, I much prefer to watch a good team play real lacrosse than watching a few studs going to goal trying to put a win on their back. The national championships are over, people will take from the results whatever they want, my advice, give it a rest, if the results from this year upset you, wait a year, everyone will have another shot next tournament.

My advice to you is try to get a handle on the difference from an age based tournament ie. U15 and a grade based tournament ie. 2016. Anyone who has watched the 2016 teams this year knows TG 2016 is a descent team who happened to have the best 2015 player be age eligible for the U15 national championship, without her the game is not that close.Your response shows you have no clue, take 1 kid off your U15 team and your TG team had no chance to make it to the finals.

My advice to you is try to get a handle on the difference from an age based tournament ie. U15 and a grade based tournament ie. 2016. Anyone who has watched the 2016 teams this year knows TG 2016 is a descent team who happened to have the best 2015 player be age eligible for the U15 national championship, without her the game is not that close.Your response shows you have no clue, take 1 kid off your U15 team and your TG team had no chance to make it to the finals.

The horse is dead already, stop beating it.

And the excuses keep rolling in! WWWAAAAA
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

The horse is dead already, stop beating it.

which horse, the one where dense people cannot see the difference between a 2016 based team compared to a U15 based team or the one that talks about the fact that the 2016 TG team is mediocre at best.

which horse, the one where dense people cannot see the difference between a 2016 based team compared to a U15 based team or the one that talks about the fact that the 2016 TG team is mediocre at best.

The one that you rode when you wanted us all to join you in agreeing that YJ is a better team. That horse. It's dead.

The one that you rode when you wanted us all to join you in agreeing that YJ is a better team. That horse. It's dead.

Again not sure which horse you are talking about, the U15 horse
or the 2016 horse.As far as the 2016 horse there is no question YJ is far better, your TG team could not even win their own tournament.The U15 horse I will say TG as they won the only U15 tournament I am aware of.I find it interesting that you feel you speak for the entire forum "wanted us all to join", get over yourself.
Top Guns unlike Yellow Jackets does not set up their own tournaments so they can win. Years past we have played age up Yellow Jacket teams while not playing on age teams, how is that?

or the 2016 horse.As far as the 2016 horse there is no question YJ is far better, your TG team could not even win their own tournament.The U15 horse I will say TG as they won the only U15 tournament I am aware of.I find it interesting that you feel you speak for the entire forum "wanted us all to join", get over yourself.

Powder, you must remember that this person has the ultimate say in who the best lacrosse players and teams are. Blanket statements are so compelling. TG couldn't win their own tournament, therefore they are not the best. However, YJ lost U15 therefore they are the best. So let it be written, so let it be done. The logic will not make sense to most, but the last poster will agree.

Powder, you must remember that this person has the ultimate say in who the best lacrosse players and teams are. Blanket statements are so compelling. TG couldn't win their own tournament, therefore they are not the best. However, YJ lost U15 therefore they are the best. So let it be written, so let it be done. The logic will not make sense to most, but the last poster will agree.

Do you really have this much difficulty understanding that U15 and 2016 teams are two totally different things.I will help you out so you can better understand. TG 2016 has lost the only two times they have played YJ 2016 this year, they have lost to Suffolk County Girls this year while YJ 2016 beat them easily,2016 TG has lost to skywalkers, Heros, and others that YJ 2016 has not, those are the reasons YJ 2016 should be considered the better 2016 team.TG U15 team won the only 2015 tournament of the year and should be considered the better 2015 team.I get that no one cares and its beating a dead horse blah blah but the concept which many of your TG brethren cannot seem to grasp is really not that difficult.
Top Guns unlike Yellow Jackets does not set up their own tournaments so they can win. Years past we have played age up Yellow Jacket teams while not playing on age teams, how is that?

Unfortunately your statement is uninformed at best. First Yellow Jacket tournament is not championship format so no one actually wins it.Years past you did not always play age up as I can assure you 2016TG black played 2016 YJ gold, most YJ top teams play up in age for this tournament.Let me know which of your TG teams were forced to play age up because as we have seen when playing on Long Island most TG affiliated teams play age down ie see green machine
just like the mets, wait till next year ...... you lost own up to it and move on.
ok this is what we have now, mediocre at best topguns team wins u15 national championships over YJ. do we all agree. ok let it rest.
Originally Posted by sectionxi

Do you really have this much difficulty understanding that U15 and 2016 teams are two totally different things.I will help you out so you can better understand. TG 2016 has lost the only two times they have played YJ 2016 this year, they have lost to Suffolk County Girls this year while YJ 2016 beat them easily,2016 TG has lost to skywalkers, Heros, and others that YJ 2016 has not, those are the reasons YJ 2016 should be considered the better 2016 team.TG U15 team won the only 2015 tournament of the year and should be considered the better 2015 team.I get that no one cares and its beating a dead horse blah blah but the concept which many of your TG brethren cannot seem to grasp is really not that difficult.

Okay so by your logic, TG2015 beat Skywalkers 2015 last year, who then beat YJ2015, so TG2015 > YJ2015. Right?

Yes, we all understand the differences between U15 and 2016. No one is disputing that.

Okay so by your logic, TG2015 beat Skywalkers 2015 last year, who then beat YJ2015, so TG2015 > YJ2015. Right?

Yes, we all understand the differences between U15 and 2016. No one is disputing that.

So the Fact that the only times YJ 2016 have played TG 2016 , YJ have won each time including 2x this year therefore I would say YJ 2016 is the better team.How is that logic for you Spock .Seriously your 2016 TG team is mediocre and if you believe they win without those 2015 additions down in Florida you are clueless.Congrats to those 2015 players as they are some of the best players around and were able to put their team on their backs and win the Florida tournament in spite of little support around them.

So the Fact that the only times YJ 2016 have played TG 2016 , YJ have won each time including 2x this year therefore I would say YJ 2016 is the better team.How is that logic for you Spock .Seriously your 2016 TG team is mediocre and if you believe they win without those 2015 additions down in Florida you are clueless.Congrats to those 2015 players as they are some of the best players around and were able to put their team on their backs and win the Florida tournament in spite of little support around them.

This is the problem with all to many in the YJ club, they cant lose gracefully. They cant win gracefully either. Always have to put some spin on it to justify any loss to any other club.
One last comment.... topguns win u15 national championship over yellowjackets blue.. nothing else matters..
Skywalkers had 2015 players on team so did m&d so did topguns and all the other 30 something teams from all over the country. Why not yellowjackets? Stop crying yellowjacket parents. Its over already. Maybe next year?
One last comment.... topguns win u15 national championship over yellowjackets blue.. nothing else matters..

I am pretty sure the ones arguing about this did not have a daughter or relative playing
Skywalkers had 2015 players on team so did m&d so did topguns and all the other 30 something teams from all over the country. Why not yellowjackets? Stop crying yellowjacket parents. Its over already. Maybe next year?

I don't think anyone is crying. Just trying to get you to correctly state tg u15 is best not tg16

I don't think anyone is crying. Just trying to get you to correctly state tg u15 is best not tg16

You sound like a child. Let me guess, growing up, your dad could beat up everyone elses dad?

There was a 2015 girl on the YJ team, played defense..

There was a 2015 girl on the YJ team, played defense..

They had a 2015 player and couldn't win????
2016 topgun team is the best... get over it 2016 team with 4 players with with sept oct birthday s from 2015 team. Yj u were the best 2 years ago.. now topguns is the best.. its not the end of
the world. U still have the jets tonight./
2016 topgun team is the best... get over it 2016 team with 4 players with with sept oct birthday s from 2015 team. Yj u were the best 2 years ago.. now topguns is the best.. its not the end of

That explains why no colleges are looking at them in that they are too good, I think its the same thing that happened at the team USA tryouts .

That explains why no colleges are looking at them in that they are too good, I think its the same thing that happened at the team USA tryouts .

I need to come meet you. My daughter wants to play college LAX, and since you know every coach and where they are at all times, you could be a great help.

I need to come meet you. My daughter wants to play college LAX, and since you know every coach and where they are at all times, you could be a great help.

Actually do not know where they are at all times just know where they are not and that would be watching your daughter, feel free and have a conversation with some of them. Ask them which 2016 teams they feel have the most talented kids.

Actually do not know where they are at all times just know where they are not and that would be watching your daughter, feel free and have a conversation with some of them. Ask them which 2016 teams they feel have the most talented kids.

I was just asking for your help and you get so defensive,and then you attack my daaughter. My daughter will be fine though, she is a straight A student at one of teh top high schools on LI. She will go to any college she wants. I am going to take this time not to put down your daughter, but rather say Good Luck!

WOW what a B@#%H
thats a no brainer topguns 2016
Most coaches watch or scout players not teams. These players initially are scouted because of contact from either a coach or a student athlete and with approximately 3000 spots to be filled in all 3 divisions I doubt they are only scouting a few teams. Good luck to all and do the leg work it will payoff
Most coaches watch or scout players not teams. These players initially are scouted because of contact from either a coach or a student athlete and with approximately 3000 spots to be filled in all 3 divisions I doubt they are only scouting a few teams. Good luck to all and do the leg work it will payoff
Don't be silly. Don't you know all college coaches Scout every Yellow Jacket player first. and only after every Yellow jacket is committed do they even bother with the rest of the country

Guess you have not spoken to any college coaches , many feel your 2016 team is weak and not a lot of D1 talent.Feel the 2015 TG team is much deeper with a lot more D1 talent. Just saying.

Guess you have not spoken to any college coaches , many feel your 2016 team is weak and not a lot of D1 talent.Feel the 2015 TG team is much deeper with a lot more D1 talent. Just saying.

That logic doesnt work well for YJ 2016, if a bunch of kids who cant make D1 roster beat them, that makes them what? D3 candidates? Just saying.

You must be a very important person, if college coaches are speaking to you re: all TG 2016 players. Did they go indepth and explain what they like and don't like about each player. I just think it's weird that all the college coaches you speak to are fixed on TG 2016, you do realize there are other clubs out there that are probably worse than TG 2016, and I can't beleive the college coaches aren't talking about them. Do you realize how stupid you sound when you make comments like that. If you are just trying to stir the pot, that's one thing. If you really beleive what you are saying, I feel bad for you.

That logic doesnt work well for YJ 2016, if a bunch of kids who cant make D1 roster beat them, that makes them what? D3 candidates? Just saying.

Take your time reading this so you can possibly understand, TG2016 has never beaten YJ 2016. The Florida game was essentially won by a few very talented 2015 players who are D1 level kids. Some of your best 2016 kids did not even step onto the field in that game so what does that say about your TG 2016 talent?

Take your time reading this so you can possibly understand, TG2016 has never beaten YJ 2016. The Florida game was essentially won by a few very talented 2015 players who are D1 level kids. Some of your best 2016 kids did not even step onto the field in that game so what does that say about your TG 2016 talent?

Showing your ignorance again. I will say this slowly..... This Florida Tournament was not a 2016 or 2015 tournament, it was a U15 Tournament. So I guess age wise, the U15 TG girls are better than the U15 YJ girls. Sorry that you have to stack your 2016 YJ team with all older girls to win, but I guess if it's win at all cost, that's what you have to do.

Goals scored in final against YJ one 2016 Player 6 one 2015 player 4 one 2016 player 4 ttl 14

TG black an YJ blue 2016 played only twice.. yes the YJ won both games, although by a combined 3 goals. in fact in the only "full" length game the TG had a 3 goal lead early in the second half.. The YJ came back to win by a goal and I give the coach and players credit for their poise.. but a lot of YJ parents were quietly Sh**g their pants thinking they might lose to the team in the trashy jersey's

You must be a very important person, if college coaches are speaking to you re: all TG 2016 players. Did they go indepth and explain what they like and don't like about each player. I just think it's weird that all the college coaches you speak to are fixed on TG 2016, you do realize there are other clubs out there that are probably worse than TG 2016, and I can't beleive the college coaches aren't talking about them. Do you realize how stupid you sound when you make comments like that. If you are just trying to stir the pot, that's one thing. If you really beleive what you are saying, I feel bad for you.

Actually they do not go in depth at all, have spoken about a few individual players who they believe are legit D1 players and team strength in the 2016 age group in general. Many are very open about discussing different club teams.I should not have said weak but will say not a lot of stand out talent.The team is very balanced with good players but have been told many times that the college coaches are looking for the stand out kid.

All this complaining is getting old, I am sure if the rest of the parents and players from your team knew who your were, they would tell you to put a sock in it.

Showing your ignorance again. I will say this slowly..... This Florida Tournament was not a 2016 or 2015 tournament, it was a U15 Tournament. So I guess age wise, the U15 TG girls are better than the U15 YJ girls. Sorry that you have to stack your 2016 YJ team with all older girls to win, but I guess if it's win at all cost, that's what you have to do.

What are you talking about. Too funny you call someone ignorant and then go on to state things that you are clueless about."Stack your YJ 2016 team with all older kids" , just shows what a moron you are.

TG black an YJ blue 2016 played only twice.. yes the YJ won both games, although by a combined 3 goals. in fact in the only "full" length game the TG had a 3 goal lead early in the second half.. The YJ came back to win by a goal and I give the coach and players credit for their poise.. but a lot of YJ parents were quietly Sh**g their pants thinking they might lose to the team in the trashy jersey's

They probably were Sh.. their pants because no one wants to lose to a team they think they should beat. .Seems to me if the only games played between two teams are won by the same team then its obvious who the better team is.

What are you talking about. Too funny you call someone ignorant and then go on to state things that you are clueless about."Stack your YJ 2016 team with all older kids" , just shows what a moron you are.

I'm not going to resort to name calling, because I can actually put a thought together. you do realize that someone who graduates in 2016 can be older than other kids in the grade. For instance, if your child is anything like you she could be 18 right now and scheduled to graduate in 2016. I hope you also realize that all the girls on the 2016 YG team weren't born the same year (and that would make some of them older). It's math, I'm sure you've heard of it. MORON... I Lied.

They probably were Sh.. their pants because no one wants to lose to a team they think they should beat. .Seems to me if the only games played between two teams are won by the same team then its obvious who the better team is.

Actually I agree with you. there are some very talented and athletic girls on the YJ 2016 team, and I think they are a better team . That said I think the TG team is stronger than you give them credit for. if they played 10 times I can see the TG winning 3 times..

I'm not going to resort to name calling, because I can actually put a thought together. you do realize that someone who graduates in 2016 can be older than other kids in the grade. For instance, if your child is anything like you she could be 18 right now and scheduled to graduate in 2016. I hope you also realize that all the girls on the 2016 YG team weren't born the same year (and that would make some of them older). It's math, I'm sure you've heard of it. MORON... I Lied

So a complete tool like you who has no idea what they are talking about is accussing some of the YJ defo players of being so called hold backs or having been left back in school.Please tell us how you would know this and why a tool bag like you would feel the need to make up lies about these young girls.Put this thought together, why would someone come onto this site and make false accusations about kids on other teams? Answer because their kid is just not very good and they need a reason to justify the fact that their kid is obviously mediocre at best, or maybe your kid is just too good.
I'm not going to resort to name calling, because I can actually put a thought together. you do realize that someone who graduates in 2016 can be older than other kids in the grade. For instance, if your child is anything like you she could be 18 right now and scheduled to graduate in 2016. I hope you also realize that all the girls on the 2016 YG team weren't born the same year (and that would make some of them older). It's math, I'm sure you've heard of it. MORON... I Lied

So a complete tool like you who has no idea what they are talking about is accussing some of the YJ defo players of being so called hold backs or having been left back in school.Please tell us how you would know this and why a tool bag like you would feel the need to make up lies about these young girls.Put this thought together, why would someone come onto this site and make false accusations about kids on other teams? Answer because their kid is just not very good and they need a reason to justify the fact that their kid is obviously mediocre at best, or maybe your kid is just too good.

On behalf of all involved in both TG anf YJ, you two need to stop, you are embarassing yourselves, your teams and your clubs. They are both good teams with many players college coaches would love to have, leave it at that and walk away.

The word Moron is very fitting here. If you would take the time to read what you write and what others write, you would know I never said anything like that. My daughter has friends on the team and I think the girls are good players. I am not the one who comes on the site and slams other teams. All I was doing was stating a fact. Why don't you look at all the birth dates of all the kids on Defo's team and make sure everyone is born the same year. Now listen, I am not asking what year they graduate, I am sure they all graduate 2016. I am not even questioning the YJ Org. Again, I'll say it slow..... Everyone that graduates in 2016 is not born the same year. All I was ever saying is that U15 and 2016 teams are different. I don't think you have the brain power to understand that. You keep saying that TG won in Fla because of 2015 kids. Those kids were U15, and the tournament was U15. Again, i'm not going to say anything about your daughter or any other YG girl. So go ahead, talk crap about my daughter if you would like to, I know my daughter will be going to a great college and she'll probably be playing LAX there as well.

On behalf of all involved in both TG anf YJ, you two need to stop, you are embarassing yourselves, your teams and your clubs. They are both good teams with many players college coaches would love to have, leave it at that and walk away.

Amen. Let's end this back and forth, it's going nowhere and never will.
Maryland 2016 parent here...just want to thank all of you for making this forum far more entertaining than LaxPower. Allow me, an unbiased observer, to settle this; YJ's 2016 Defo is, BY FAR, the best 2016 team. End of story. Top Guns 2016 not in the same zip code. My daughter's team has played them both and the talent level on that YJ's team is unparalleled, especially at the offensive end of the field. Their D and goalie are OK, but once they get the ball transitions into the offensive zone, they are fun to watch. But, by all means, continue on with the name calling, tomfoolery and typical Long Island behavior. Love it!
Maryland 2016 parent here...just want to thank all of you for making this forum far more entertaining than LaxPower. Allow me, an unbiased observer, to settle this; YJ's 2016 Defo is, BY FAR, the best 2016 team. End of story. Top Guns 2016 not in the same zip code. My daughter's team has played them both and the talent level on that YJ's team is unparalleled, especially at the offensive end of the field. Their D and goalie are OK, but once they get the ball transitions into the offensive zone, they are fun to watch. But, by all means, continue on with the name calling, tomfoolery and typical Long Island behavior. Love it!

Yeah, sure...you're a Maryland parent - very creative, but we know you're from the YJ...
" you do realize that someone who graduates in 2016 can be older than other kids in the grade. For instance, if your child is anything like you she could be 18 right now and scheduled to graduate in 2016. I hope you also realize that all the girls on the 2016 YG team weren't born the same year (and that would make some of them older"

Don't be such a coward, you were obviously implying that some of the Defo kids are so called hold backs. Let me guess your kid doesn't get to play at GC but its an age thing or politics.Thanks for telling us that not all kids were born on the same day very enlightening.If you actually followed along I agree TG U15 should be considered the best as they won the U15 tournament as I have stated.The problem has been with some of your TG buddies who feel because of that your 2016 should be considered as the best when in reality not even top 5.

To the poster from Maryland good luck saying anything positive about YJ, many of the TG parents cannot believe it possible.Powder while I agree with you,so I will not post in regard to this any more,if you do not feel his comments were implying that some Defo players are age inappropriate for 2016 and needed to be addressed than you are clearly biased.
hey genius topguns team in florida that won the u 15 national championship had 24 girls on roster, 20 were 2016 and 4 were 2015. just like all the other teams. nobody can help it if YJ dropped the ball on this one.
hey genius topguns team in florida that won the u 15 national championship had 24 girls on roster, 20 were 2016 and 4 were 2015. just like all the other teams. nobody can help it if YJ dropped the ball on this one.

Did the poster not say TG should be considered the best U15 team? What exactly is your problem ?

Did the poster not say TG should be considered the best U15 team? What exactly is your problem ?

I think that it goes back to the original statement, that TG 2016 couldn't win a game without the 2015 players. In fact, the 2016 team wouldn't rank near the top 5. Too much anger out there.
Its a no brainer. When u win the u15 national championship. U are the best u 15 team in the country. ,. What dont u understand ....
© US Lacrosse Community Forum