BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,610
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Girls 2016 Fall 2012/Spring 2013
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think that post was so confusing you confused yourself! haha

The Lakers, Celtics, Bulls, and Pistons were all elite in the 80s and early 90s. They couldn't all win every year but they won their fair share. M&D has lost only a few games in the last few years. Most coming during fall ball and against other Maryland teams who probably scout them heavily, when the girls are playing other high school sports and less emphasis is placed on club lax than during the summer months.

Listen to what that guy's saying that there's only 3 super elite teams in this age group

MD won 3 straight Club national championships, 4-0 against YJ, undefeated all-time against NY/LI teams and is reigning Draw champs, to go along with many other tournament titles. I'd say that qualifies as elite.

What would TGs resume look like in comparison?

With that said, watch MD get beat this weekend!! lmao

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you that response it was informative and in mind clears up who is clearly #1 . I Saw the m&d top guns game at lax inception and although just 25 min it looked to be a game either team could win. I have also seen yj defo team play many times and believe they also can play with if not beat any team in that age group. I don't know much about sky walkers,heroes or any of the other top teams records against tg,yj or m&d but have to believe based on reputation they could also win on any given day.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are a group of 10-12 teams that are all capable of beating each other on a given day at a given tournament. Some of those teams have done real well in terms of winning tournament championships, but going forward they are not locks to win future tournaments.

In general, the gap between these teams has tended to close and that will make these tournaments so interesting and exciting going forward.

I think there are several teams that could win the National Draw this weekend at 2016 and that is good for all of the competitors involved.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
There are a group of 10-12 teams that are all capable of beating each other on a given day at a given tournament. Some of those teams have done real well in terms of winning tournament championships, but going forward they are not locks to win future tournaments.

In general, the gap between these teams has tended to close and that will make these tournaments so interesting and exciting going forward.

I think there are several teams that could win the National Draw this weekend at 2016 and that is good for all of the competitors involved.

Agree completely

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree completely

Are the beach bums included in the 10-12 teams?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D
Yellow Jackets
Top Guns
Express
Heros
MD United
TLC
BBL
NEMS
Skywalkers
FSLAX
Suffolk County
Checkers

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It would be very hard to rank these teams outside of the top three but you seem to have done a decent job with yours. Only one strong beef with you list and that is that Top Guns & Express aren't in the same league as Heros. Meaning heros would win 75% of the times they played. guaranteed ;)Coincidence that 3 of top 4 teams are LI based?? :)))

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually, I wasn't ranking, I was listing.

I would have a hard time ranking those teams because some of them are more inconsistent than others.

Now that I look at it though, if that were a ranking it might not be that far off.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You forgot Capital

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have no problem with adding Capital to that list. That is a good 14 teams. I am sure I missed others that are worthy of a metion as well and no slight is intended. I simply do not know all of the teams well enough.

Other teams from Maryland? New [lacrosse]? New Jersey? Colorado?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It would be very hard to rank these teams outside of the top three but you seem to have done a decent job with yours. Only one strong beef with you list and that is that Top Guns & Express aren't in the same league as Heros. Meaning heros would win 75% of the times they played. guaranteed ;)Coincidence that 3 of top 4 teams are LI based?? :)))

A couple of questions. What is Heros record against Top Guns and Express? How about Yellow Jackets and MD?

Also, have Heros ever won any summer tournaments?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It doesn't seem like there are alot of Heroes folks on this bored. Don't know if anyone here can answer those questions.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was hoping that the poster that claimed Heros would win 75% of the time against Top Guns or Express would fill us in on the details.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They have a very strong team led by their goalie (projected starter for McDonogh next season). A lot of speed and can put up a lot of goals if you aren't strong defensively. They have played MD to alot one goal games. A lot of these came in championship games. Im guessing they've won a good # of tournaments that M&D hasn't participated. I'm not sure their record against YJbut I have heardYJ has had their # a few times. I doubt they have lost to TG or Express although they seem a little more inconsistent than MD & YJ. Not trying to cause trouble but they are just better than TG & Express

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He should've said AT LEAST 75%

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They have a very strong team led by their goalie (projected starter for McDonogh next season). A lot of speed and can put up a lot of goals if you aren't strong defensively. They have played MD to alot one goal games. A lot of these came in championship games. Im guessing they've won a good # of tournaments that M&D hasn't participated. I'm not sure their record against YJbut I have heardYJ has had their # a few times. I doubt they have lost to TG or Express although they seem a little more inconsistent than MD & YJ. Not trying to cause trouble but they are just better than TG & Express

OK. So, you cannot tell us how many tournaments they have won. You cannot tell us how they did against Yellow Jackets. You cannot tell us how they did against Top Guns or Express, though you "doubt" they have lost against them.

And it is upon that mountain of facts that you base your statement that you "guarantee" they would win 75% of their games against Top Guns and Express.

OK.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would you venture to agree that if MD and Top Guns played 10 times M&D would win at least 8 out of 10? That's not far fetched given MD is at least 4-0 against TG if not more. Mind you that is a 100% winning record. Well, Heros is comparable to MD..so there's your answer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has Top Guns EVER won a tournament where MD, YJ, or Heros were present? I think it's doubtful. Heros has won at least one or two Mid Atlantic's. Bring home the hardware and then you'll have a gripe.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just wondering how long Club MD has been in existance? TG not bad for 4 years...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would you venture to agree that if MD and Top Guns played 10 times M&D would win at least 8 out of 10? That's not far fetched given MD is at least 4-0 against TG if not more. Mind you that is a 100% winning record. Well, Heros is comparable to MD..so there's your answer.

Well, right there is my mistake. I had no idea that Heros was comparable to MD (said the apple to the orange).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TGs meteoric rise is very commendable but our argument had nothing to do with how long programs have existed. All the 2016s have played together for four years anyway

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TGs meteoric rise is very commendable but our argument had nothing to do with how long programs have existed. All the 2016s have played together for four years anyway

Not my daughters 2016 team. More than half the girls have never played with the team. Why do you assume all the teams have played together for 4 years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TG 2016 Black are 0=3 vs M&D black, 0-3 Vs Hero's, 0-1 vs YJ Defo...but i think the gap is narrowing, we will see a little clearer after this weekend

Oh, I know because I was at them all

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ 16 Defo wins National Draw. Defeats TG and crushes Suffolk County
All stars with CR at the helm!! YJ looked great.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tg black beats the crap out of everybody, but when its comes down to YJ or MD or Heroes or any good team they cant stay with the competition.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your partially right top guns has not beaten yj or m&d this year but by anyone else who exactly do you mean,considering they have only lost three times so far this season. No excuses when it comes to those 2 teams they have been better but considering there are changes to all teams , any comparison is a little premature. Congrats to the 4 Long Island teams that played in the semi finals at national draw and to the winner yj defo

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
topguns has never beat YJ blue team at any age. what now?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Im surprised noone has mentioned the MD Black SC All Stars game. We heard some interesting stories through the grapevine from that one. Tie game and MD went home packing on goals against. Down go the champs!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Im surprised noone has mentioned the MD Black SC All Stars game. We heard some interesting stories through the grapevine from that one. Tie game and MD went home packing on goals against. Down go the champs!

Fill us in on the interesting stories because otherwise It would appear that this tie game was the highlight of their weekend, they went on to struggle against the tg purple team, and didn't even show up against the yj blue.. Giving up 7 goals in a 25 min game. A championship game no less.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You keep playing because is is going to happen

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have a good friend who's daughter plays YJ's, we spoke on Saturday night about how crazy "some" of the parents are. The fact that the YJ parents need to come on boards like this and write the stuff they do only enforces what the rest of the country thinks about them. Play dirty rough lacrosse with a win at all costs mentality. Have vulgar parents on sidelines. And now we can add have vulgar parents writing on boards like these ripping young girls and other teams.

I'm not a TG parent either but I'm just so tired of the obnoxious YJ parents who feel the need to spew their hatred.

It's girls lacrosse - it's over quicker than you think. Spend more time teaching your kid life lessons rather than lessons on how to win a tournament or how to write negative comments about anyone else but your club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have a good friend who's daughter plays YJ's, we spoke on Saturday night about how crazy "some" of the parents are. The fact that the YJ parents need to come on boards like this and write the stuff they do only enforces what the rest of the country thinks about them. Play dirty rough lacrosse with a win at all costs mentality. Have vulgar parents on sidelines. And now we can add have vulgar parents writing on boards like these ripping young girls and other teams.

I'm not a TG parent either but I'm just so tired of the obnoxious YJ parents who feel the need to spew their hatred.

It's girls lacrosse - it's over quicker than you think. Spend more time teaching your kid life lessons rather than lessons on how to win a tournament or how to write negative comments about anyone else but your club.

Um it's anonymous it could be anyone writing this stuff.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
game was very interesting 4 yellow cards for M&D,
SC goalie made a stop on shot with no time left.
overheard parents and players on M&D complaing about the coaches game plan and the coach!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am calling BS on this one , good friend would tell you all the girls on this team get along and are happy for the others when they do well.Vulgar parents from this team, please give us an example.Dirty rough lacrosse, you have apparently never watched this team play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What was their game plan? What were they complaining about?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am calling BS on this one , good friend would tell you all the girls on this team get along and are happy for the others when they do well.Vulgar parents from this team, please give us an example.Dirty rough lacrosse, you have apparently never watched this team play.

Very defensive. Maybe the poster was talking about the YJ program as a whole and not just one team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree if we are talking about the 2016 yg blue team. don't know the parents but daughter has played against this team multiple times and the girls and coaches won with class. aggressive yes, dirty no way kept the score reasonable when could have run it up. very talented team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very defensive. Maybe the poster was talking about the YJ program as a whole and not just one team.

Hey Einstein maybe you should not post on the Girls 2016 forum.You really make it easy when you post ignorant things.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
coach kept calling plays that were not working
typical parent complaints "my daughter should have played more"
Why did he pull my daughter"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anybody know how 2016 recruiting is going? The summer season is over and coaches have had their first looks.

Any verbals at top 20 programs? Which teams are actively making offers?

Like Reply Quote
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard