BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Girls 2016 Fall 2012/Spring 2013
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
because now when they play each other, they play full games. when they play in layoffs its only 25 min game. this should be more interesting

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wholesale changes to national draw schedule . Wonder who complained. So much for those great match ups

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ 2016 beat TG 2016 black today nice game

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What was the score

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I will say this score does not matter , who cares who won at least both teams willing to put it on the line and play each other. Congrats to both teams .

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I will say this score does not matter , who cares who won at least both teams willing to put it on the line and play each other. Congrats to both teams .

It was a one goal game, and it could have gone either way. Yesterday YJ won, next time maybe TG. great game and neither team is ducking the other. can we end this?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

It was a one goal game, and it could have gone either way. Yesterday YJ won, next time maybe TG. great game and neither team is ducking the other. can we end this?
Sounds like an excellent game where both teams got something from the additional training in a game situation. Well done by both clubs in coming together for the match.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Beach Bums 2016 had a big win over YJ 2016 Ceraso team yesterday at Lax by the Sea.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage

Sounds like an excellent game where both teams got something from the additional training in a game situation. Well done by both clubs in coming together for the match.

Great job to the directors of both clubs. We all WANT to play each other. Yes there are some nut job parents who with their comments fueled the feud but we know who they are and feel sorry for them. The older girls are friendly and play together on teams like UA and will be team mates in college so let's continue this trend. THIS IS ONE SMALL STEP FOR LAX BUT A GIANT LEAP FOR LI LAX.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage

Great job to the directors of both clubs. We all WANT to play each other. Yes there are some nut job parents who with their comments fueled the feud but we know who they are and feel sorry for them. The older girls are friendly and play together on teams like UA and will be team mates in college so let's continue this trend. THIS IS ONE SMALL STEP FOR LAX BUT A GIANT LEAP FOR LI LAX.

did anyone else notice the coaches hugging it out after the game?? that was great to see.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
this tg vs yj game is a giant step in the right direction. congrats to all

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ss played 5 years for him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great to see all the positive comments re: girls 2016 lax. Great game by both teams. The only way we are going to get better is by playing the best.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Beach Bums 2016 had a big win over YJ 2016 Ceraso team yesterday at Lax by the Sea.
Never heard of Beach Bums.....are they new? Where are they from.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not new, based in Babylon

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not new, based in Babylon

Word is that Beach Bums have one of the best 2016 teams on Long Island!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But, Beach Bums failed to make playoffs. YJ Ceraso went on to play in Championship game, outscoring opponents 49 vs 24.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
maybe someone kicked sand in their faces?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nat Draw predictions for 2016s? Any interesting matchups out there?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

looks like beach bums are favored to win according to the above post.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great to see all the positive comments re: girls 2016 lax. Great game by both teams. The only way we are going to get better is by playing the best.

Now that the fence is down, it is time to start pairing off yj and tg teams to play in pools or converging playoff brackets. The more games between the clubs the less people will care about the very few games now under a microscope. Certainly beats playing teams from your own club at tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just a prediction ,YJ beats TG in another close one in semis and goes on to beat MD in finals. That being said if TG or YJ make it to finals will be tuff go against a well rested MD, not much on MD side of bracket.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
come on beach bums, you aren't in there league.
Nat draw will be won by either M&D black, YJ defo, or Topguns.
thats it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
beachbums are new team from LI, not very strong, don't do to many top tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
beachbums are new team from LI, not very strong, don't do to many top tournaments.

Beach Buns have been around for six years.......Top Guns four ....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ Ceraso team prevailed and made it to the finals
lax by the Sea Finalist!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Beach Buns have been around for six years.......Top Guns four ....

Beach bums have never fielded a ninth grade team. The directors daughter is on this team and the babylon varsity head coach is partners with the director and coaches this team. They are a decent b team at best. The directors daughter also plays for the yellow jackets.

Last edited by CageSage; . Reason: Removed Player Reference
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I took a peek at the schedule. Looks like YJs only challenge prior to finals will be the semifinal. May be difficult for TG to make it out of their bracket but wouldnt put it past them. M&D pitted against SC Allstars Saturday morning..Both YJ & MD will be rested if they make final. Bit of a bold prediction going with YJ since YJ yet to ever beat MD in the 2016 age group? What do you envision changesthe result this time?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would it be hard for TG to make it out of bracket, they have little competition.Why would YJ be rested they most likely will play TG in semi if they make the final.Only reason I would pick either TG or YJ in final vs MD is whoever wins semi will have a lot of mo coming into final game, that being said MD is the favorite at the draw until someone beats them

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They' will be rested. Girls at this age should not be worn down in the least from a 25 min running clock.. String a few intense games together along with high temps and that's when fatigue sets in...otherwise, shouldn't be an issue..BBL, Express, MD Red..not YJ MD Black caliber but all could surprise..TG improved but not top tier yet as I see it..MD has full game with SCAS who gave them fits last yr at draw

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I see many girls play for a year then move on, as the program is rather weak overall, never really amount to what they said it would.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
as you see it , how is top guns black not top tier ? last 2 tournaments they lost 1 goal games that could have went either wat against yj blue and m&d black.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't think they have elite talent. Obviously they're well-coached. In the past, TG got blown out by most of these teams. I think the gap has closed somewhat, but they're not on the level of other teams such as MD, Heros, YJ. They've never beaten any of these teams (I don't think) let alone done so on a consistent basis & that's why they're not top tier! Lets not group them & TG together, no matter what the score of their last matchup was. Don't get your panties in a bunch. Solid team but not elite. When has TG 16 won a Draw, CNC, etc??

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

I see many girls play for a year then move on, as the program is rather weak overall, never really amount to what they said it would.

Years ago my daughter went to a tryout. Their selling point, as I understood it, was that they stick close to home and only go to one away tournament a season; that they were more "family style/smaller scale," for those who didn't want to go whole hog and be gone for half the summer weekends. They had parent coaches and not college kids, I don't know if that is still true. There are a bunch of girls in my school district who play for them and are happy there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
as you see it , how is top guns black not top tier ? last 2 tournaments they lost 1 goal games that could have went either wat against yj blue and m&d black.

When you start using that you lost 2 games but were close is when you know you are not yet a top tier team.Game could have gone the other way against MD but also could have been 12-5 , your goalie saved the day, which is what I heard in the YJ game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top Guns 2016 is an excellent team. They are one of 5 or 6 teams that could win the Draw this weekend.

Good luck to all of the teams!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
panties not in a bunch. not my team was just asking the question and yes the goalie played well but she is a part of the team. also believe they were winning both games late. I understand that you have to beat the best to be the best but not grouping these teams together is selling the tg team short. how are the records of these so called elite clubs against each other the last 2 yrs. do they beat each other up or is it one sided ( yj, m&d, heros,)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MD has lost 1 time to heroes i think and never to yj in 4? attempts. M&D has had alot of 1 goal games but haven't lost many. Could very well change this weekend. Every team has good days and bad. But elite requires winning tournaments regularly. Previous poster said they have never lost to a LI/NY team. Don't know Heroes accolades just know they are a very talented team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you. Question though how many teams then would be considered elite 1, 2,3 5 maybe 10 ? And if wining tournaments is the benchmark for being elite how would you categorize team a that plays in the same tournaments as team b beats all other teams in one sided fashion but loses to team b the one or two times they get to play. And in response to a previous poster if yj never beat m&d. Them isn't m&d the only elite team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2016 Yj has won many tournaments over the years and I believe won the rock the fields tournament last year at which they beat heroes who had beaten MD at the same tournament.They have also beaten sky walkers , both steps, MD united every time they played on their way to winning several tournaments and can now claim a victory over TG. When TG wins a few tournaments with well established teams in the mix then I believe they will be considered elite.I do agree however at this point MD needs to be placed at the top.

Like Reply Quote
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard