Originally Posted by Anonymous
Doesn't crabs have 2 teams?

Yep, basically Crabs-Regular and Crabs-Ex Preds
Did all the best Preds players really leave for Crabs?

Some stayed, some left (not just for crabs), and some that were not the best even left too (crabs B team)
Preds is the worst organization out there. Cant believe they infested Maryland. Theyre the laughing stock rag tag bunch of wanna bes in their home market who is the fool that bought in to bringing them south? Run now they literally only get worse and communicate less.
Won AA last year with equal playing time of 28 players and below average coaching. Probably could of won AAA with best 15 kids playing. Looks like they lost a lot players to better teams. I wouldn't say "laughing stock" their big guy. I'm sure many clubs will look different right before high school.

Brother, you have been beating the drum about Preds Equal Playing Time for 3 years and at least on the 2028 team, it has never ever been true. Our son had Preds games where he rarely came off the field, and others where he played 2-3 minutes total. I'm not saying it made sense (it didn't), but it sure was not equal PT.

About half of the 18 kids who left this summer, left because of lack of PT, and are now spread throughout AA and AAA teams. The other half (maybe 8 of 18), now all on Elite level teams, left because they knew the team's high (total) skill level was a lost opportunity to compete at a high level. I actually think your comment of "below average coaching" is too generous. Not because the coaches (at least through this past summer) were incapable of coaching (I actually think there's tons of coaching talent they were carrying around with them), but just that they consistently acted like they did not want to be there. Would park in opposite lots from parents so they could leave the field without interacting with players or parents. Frequent practices with 1 coach. Almost all games featured only 1 coach in attendance, who typically arrived 3-5 minutes before FO. Would run 20 minute drills with the same 6 players, and then get mad at the 20+ players on the sideline goofing off, who had been given no instructions, no workout, and had no adult supervision. I believe in the two years we were there, almost 50% of practices were canceled, and were almost never made up.

Preds, at the 2028 team particularly, is fine except in terms of value and brand. They are offering a Zingos/Breakers/True level product at 2028, while advertising a FCA-level product they don't plan to give the players......at prices even higher than FCA. Just accept that the Preds organization doesn't really care about this team, that it's realistically destined to be a A/AA destination for JV HS players, and charge $1500 instead of $3000. Easy. Done.
Yikes. assuming this is true, what an awful experience. shame on Preds, and shame on the parents for putting up with it.