Originally Posted by Anonymous
You could have the best kids, but maybe not a ton of success without the right coaching and offenses/defenses, etc. You could also have lesser kids and better coaching and have a lot of success. If any team at this level is having issues, the whole picture needs to be looked at. I have to think that teams like Hawks and NL have good enough players AND know how to coach them. That’s what separates the top from the bottom.
Having too many kids on a roster will ruin a team. If you have over 20 players start a B team. Keeps the talent level relative.

Agreed but if you have 27 on your team that's not enough to start a new team and for most of these programs "getting that money" is more important than child development. If you cut kids you can't use their money to hire daddy ball coaches to ignore your kid in favor of their own.

This is what lacrosse in Maryland has become for most clubs!!

No doubt you are a 91 2028 parent. LOL.
I would never put my kid in that program. And if I was and they told me there were going to be 27 kids on the team I would leave. Just saying. I don't need to be on a team to see what the problems are. I love lacrosse and think it's a shame. Those kids could be cut and moved to a team where they would play.