BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,830
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 29 of 45 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 44 45
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The best schools in the country still haven't commited a goalie yet

Schools don't commit a goalie every year.

All top programs want as many goalies as they can get. It is a hard position to recruit, and harder to manage since only one can play but there is no choice. Goalies get hurt a lot, broken bones from shots and when they do you need another and more after that. You risk winding up with 2 goalies out and doing want ads for a goalie? No way. And just like other positions, there are recruiting misses and mistakes. Some top 15 year old 2017s won't be great or even passable college goalies and coaches know that is a risk as well. If your program stinks in the cage you lose every game and lose your job. So yes, they are looking for a goalie every chance they get.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Schools are always looking for goalies and would take one every year if there is mutual interest. Roster sizes have bloated into the 50s and soon may go to 60 with all the walk on volunteer interest in college lacrosse. It is preposterous to suggest programs aren't looking for goalies and all other positions every year when they are taking 12-15 recruits in per year. Some Ivies currently have less than 4 goalies rostered but that has more to do with fewer kids meeting academic requirements than anything else. Anyone who says otherwise is a goalie dad hoping there is less competition for junior when he gets to college.

My friend. You are so wrong on all points in this stetment it's scary. Seriously,
People like you scare the sht out of me. Get yourself informed

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The best schools in the country still haven't commited a goalie yet

Schools don't commit a goalie every year.

All top programs want as many goalies as they can get. It is a hard position to recruit, and harder to manage since only one can play but there is no choice. Goalies get hurt a lot, broken bones from shots and when they do you need another and more after that. You risk winding up with 2 goalies out and doing want ads for a goalie? No way. And just like other positions, there are recruiting misses and mistakes. Some top 15 year old 2017s won't be great or even passable college goalies and coaches know that is a risk as well. If your program stinks in the cage you lose every game and lose your job. So yes, they are looking for a goalie every chance they get.

With that said, makes it even more interesting that the amazing Turtles goalies have not been snatched up. Hmmmm?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There's a 2017 lacrosse goalie dad out there who is self announced perfectly informed. Gee, there's a shock. The Turtles goalie has nothing to be concerned with besides his play. If he is a good goalie a top college program will offer him, and maybe that comes later rather than sooner. Dont be shocked to see top programs commit a second goalie even in the same class if they see a kid develop to be a good get.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We have a son who is a 2017 goalie and our son has seen the Turtles goalie at some tournaments and prospect days. I am certain that kid has a lot of opportunities, and it has also been shared from the college coaches who are recruiting our son to be transparent they are also looking at other goalies with great interest including the Turtles goalie. A few of these schools also have committed 2017 goalies and are still recruiting. Maybe that means they are recruiting more than one, or maybe that means they are not really committed to the kids they committed. If our son committed tomorrow I could take it with some grains of salt considering some 2017 commit goalies and their families may have no bloody idea those programs are still in the market as it were...

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is DMV?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I pain to not offend others on this threat, but this has been a quiet bargain between DMV club and prep school guys and top college coaches for years. Top level D1 programs take getting the very best kids very seriously. Yes, there are dynamite 2017 kids committed. But giving 1/3rd or 1/2 scholarships are something coaches have to be very judicious with and that happens very rarely...3 maybe 4 recruits a year. The rest are chaos theory chips on red and black. The commits game is like the drug dealer chapter in Outliers. Most drug dealers are just users living with their parents. Only a few drug dealers "win" the tournament and make money...of course at the risk and later expense of going to jail. In lacrosse most DMV parents will shell out over a hundred grand on club and school tuitions and nobody wins the tournament, all DMV lacrosse parents are users and to "win" the tournament is to have cocktail party proud moments and to see junior run through the tunnel in a college uniform like Rudy. Do yourselves a better favor...use lacrosse only for admissions tickets to ride a great academic school. That is the only real winner of you are a parent user of the lacrosse drug.

This hits pretty close to home. Our kid got $1500 a year, but we are happy he is getting the admissions office kicker to the school he really wants to go to. Some of these schools are really tough to get into without the coaches help. That has a great value too..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As per laxpower - 2015 goalies - 58 committed to D1 colleges
Air Force 4, Army 3, Bucknell, Mt St Mary, Ohio St and Providence 2 ea. the rest is one or zero. not listed is Princeton, Cornell and UPenn but I believe all three have verballed a goalie in this class - Penn State does not have a goalie in this class but has two freshman goalies and my understanding is that one will red shirt and become the "2015" goalie.

As a rule of thumb the schools want one goalie per class unless they know they need two or don't need any and they will almost never give money to more then one per class. Family's are often told we have no money for any goalie in the class because they gave a lot of money to the position last year.

Schools can not afford to have 3 or 4 scholarship players on the bench and as we all know only one goalie plays at a time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is DMV?

DC Maryland Virginia

the capital of crazy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As per laxpower - 2015 goalies - 58 committed to D1 colleges
Air Force 4, Army 3, Bucknell, Mt St Mary, Ohio St and Providence 2 ea. the rest is one or zero. not listed is Princeton, Cornell and UPenn but I believe all three have verballed a goalie in this class - Penn State does not have a goalie in this class but has two freshman goalies and my understanding is that one will red shirt and become the "2015" goalie.

As a rule of thumb the schools want one goalie per class unless they know they need two or don't need any and they will almost never give money to more then one per class. Family's are often told we have no money for any goalie in the class because they gave a lot of money to the position last year.

Schools can not afford to have 3 or 4 scholarship players on the bench and as we all know only one goalie plays at a time.

That seems rational and consistent with what we have seen with a 2017 goalie. Some programs have committed money to a 2015 or 2016, or so they say, and that opens the reasoning for why they don't offer much for a 2017. Of course if they stay on script all the time like that everyone will be under the impression money is going elsewhere, and that suits the NCAA coaches well. I would not put that by them to try that script given how small the scholarship monies are in this sport. We went through this process starting early and there were no top schools not interested in a 2017 goalie we knew of, and we heard from most of the top ones.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems like it would be the same scenario for fogos?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will the entire Turtle Team play lacrosse at the D1 level. What a story.

Will be very awkward for the boys that don't commit, or commit to low level programs with all the hype. Way too much pressure on these boys!

Pressure? I think not. Playing at this level pretty much means they GET IT. This pressure you speak of is a word. That's it. Pressure for some would be getting really great grades, and for others maybe getting recruiting. It's all about how one handles it. Pressure could be going to your dream school, handling intensive over the top schoolwork, and "playing" a full time sport. And wow-that could be considered pressure. Look around and notice these kids whom are fortunate enough to be in the elite category. it is obvious they are in that category for a reason. If it's a tough work week academically, they won't rest until the work is done. If it's a tough game coming up or a tryout, you bet they put in extra time to prepare. All because they want to succeed. And they do it with a smile.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Will be very awkward for the boys that don't commit, or commit to low level programs with all the hype. Way too much pressure on these boys!

Pressure? I think not. Playing at this level pretty much means they GET IT. This pressure you speak of is a word. That's it. Pressure for some would be getting really great grades, and for others maybe getting recruiting. It's all about how one handles it. Pressure could be going to your dream school, handling intensive over the top schoolwork, and "playing" a full time sport. And wow-that could be considered pressure. Look around and notice these kids whom are fortunate enough to be in the elite category. it is obvious they are in that category for a reason. If it's a tough work week academically, they won't rest until the work is done. If it's a tough game coming up or a tryout, you bet they put in extra time to prepare. All because they want to succeed. And they do it with a smile.

But how will they feel when their team mates are all committed to great schools and they are getting no offers? I suspect that will be tough!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is DMV?

DC Maryland Virginia

the capital of crazy

no disagreement. District and surrounding counties. not Baltimore

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nicely stated. Those that get it will get it. They understand the value of hardwork in the classroom and on the field. Isn't that the overal lesson we hope they gain from all of this? The value they place on that will come back to them ten fold in their future endeavors.
Those are the winners.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, I think the process is similar for fogo in my experience. Money was offered by several schools with at least one saying--we have so and so already committed, when he graduates and you are the starter we can up your dollars...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But how will they feel when their team mates are all committed to great schools and they are getting no offers? I suspect that will be tough!

How in the world do you know they have no offers? I know another 2017 who has at least 4 but is still holding out. Why don't you worry about your kid? I also know a kid with a few big lax offers who wants to be pre-med so he decided D3 would give him a better opportunity to prepare for med school. You should probably sit down, but every kid does not loose control of his bowels when he gets a D1 offer, some have other priorities.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't have a dog in this fight (but do know a bunch of the turtels and their parents) but you sound like a real [lacrosse].

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How in the world do you know they have no offers? I know another 2017 who has at least 4 but is still holding out. Why don't you worry about your kid? I also know a kid with a few big lax offers who wants to be pre-med so he decided D3 would give him a better opportunity to prepare for med school. You should probably sit down, but every kid does not loose control of his bowels when he gets a D1 offer, some have other priorities.

Very defensive,I guess you're one of the kids without an offer. There are other things in life, but being committed to a top team and having nothing come of it must suck!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cant deny the facts top Lacrosse Programs came hard after the Turtles and Team 91.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very defensive,I guess you're one of the kids without an offer. There are other things in life, but being committed to a top team and having nothing come of it must suck!

You are seriously insane. Completely crazy.

Would you still love your kid if he doesn't play D1 lax? Hope he doesn't end up with substance abuse issues because his dad was such an AH and he had no friends because dad commented one too many times about their play.

At the end of the day, my son is a great person. He is a great friend, a loving son, a good student, and a great teammate. All the things that really matter in life. Something you will never be. I hope it skipped a generation and your son won't be scarred by your insanity. BTW he is committed. You are the one who has no idea what the whole thing is about. He turned down an offer from a top lax school to go to a school that has academics that are in line with his goals. I am proud of him, and would be just as proud if he was not playing in college.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone put up a list of the Turtles DI verbals so far?

Turtles
Maryland
Hopkins x 3
Harvard x2
Fairfield x2
Uva
Cornell
Bucknell
UNC

Bucknell
Duke x2
Upenn x2
Yale
Notre dame
BU
Michigan x2
Georgetown
Fairfield

Add a UPenn to turtles!
and a Michigan to turtles !

Plus a Cornell to 91 as of this week??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With all these impressive verbals through out the LI 2017 class, why nothing form Syracuse? Not LI fans?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cant deny the facts top Lacrosse Programs came hard after the Turtles and Team 91.

Disagree. Top D1 lacrosse programs went hard at the Turtles. As far as 91, not in same world. Hopefully for those on 91 you guys win a game or two this weekend. Otherwise some might question, is JM a great coach or a great salesman.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guys- move on to another topic. Why would a non Turtle or 91 dad ask for a list of commits? Go to inside lacrosse 2017 recruiting page or recruiting rundown.com if you are SOOOOOO interested and not a parent of one of them.

Also, stop bashing whoever is yet to be committed. Everyone will find the right fit and you sound like a moron trashing a kid or talking about pressure.

New topic- Philly Showcase. Looks like a decent list of teams. Should be fun!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Disagree. Top D1 lacrosse programs went hard at the Turtles. As far as 91, not in same world. Hopefully for those on 91 you guys win a game or two this weekend. Otherwise some might question, is JM a great coach or a great salesman.

Yet another blatantly dumb statement. Have you ever even been at an interview with a D1 coach and your son? They do not care if a team is "winning". They are looking at specific specimens to augment their teams. It's called finding the proper fit.

If you really don't think the schools didn't come as hard at 91 as the turtles; then I refer you to the above list of commits. If that is all just salesmanship; then I want what he's selling for my kid!! Sign me up for 91 !!! I am sure all of those D1 coaches were blind sided and do not know what they are looking at. Right?? They are clueless. You should be the D1 coach. You clearly know better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GUYS- Move on!!! Who cares about how many commits from each team?? There are kids committed from programs all over the country. Take this "whose is bigger conversation" over to the 91 or Express forum.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who cares if they win, already hit the jackpot with the highest quality commit list!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"You are seriously insane. Completely crazy.

Would you still love your kid if he doesn't play D1 lax? Hope he doesn't end up with substance abuse issues because his dad was such an AH and he had no friends because dad commented one too many times about their play.

At the end of the day, my son is a great person. He is a great friend, a loving son, a good student, and a great teammate. All the things that really matter in life. Something you will never be. I hope it skipped a generation and your son won't be scarred by your insanity. BTW he is committed. You are the one who has no idea what the whole thing is about. He turned down an offer from a top lax school to go to a school that has academics that are in line with his goals. I am proud of him, and would be just as proud if he was not playing in college."

Actually, I think all the kids are fantastic, committed or not. I just think there is a lot of chest pounding and bragging by the PARENTS, which has led to unnecessary pressure and scrutiny of these young men. Whose going, where, how much money are you getting, etc. My comment was intended to point out how out of control it all is! And yes, my son is committed, but the chatter still continues! Parents living through there children, gossiping more than middle school mean girls!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sad state for a sport when it is acceptable to suck and never a big deal to lose a lot of matches. I have never seen a loser comment below that one. You are ok to suck as long as the sales and marketing smoke and mirrors work out well? Just pathetic and not aimed at team 91 alone. Pretty soon it won't matter if Chaminade or St. Ants wins games or championships as long as the # of commits is more.

Problem is in a couple of years these kids will not be commits anymore and will have to play. A kid who has been conditioned to be a status obsessed fraud who is ok with losing...yeah, I am sure they'll do great.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sad state for a sport when it is acceptable to suck and never a big deal to lose a lot of matches. I have never seen a loser comment below that one. You are ok to suck as long as the sales and marketing smoke and mirrors work out well? Just pathetic and not aimed at team 91 alone. Pretty soon it won't matter if Chaminade or St. Ants wins games or championships as long as the # of commits is more.

Problem is in a couple of years these kids will not be commits anymore and will have to play. A kid who has been conditioned to be a status obsessed fraud who is ok with losing...yeah, I am sure they'll do great.

Again....do you really think these
Coaches do not know what product they are selecting for the highest level of play?
At maverick or JR or Brine or any other showcase; do you think the coaches care what team won whatever game? Listen laxtard; they know exactly what they are doing or they would not have the job that they have! Get it and get over it. All of these kids and all nationally committed kids are committed as they have what it takes. The college coaches do not care what you or any other arm chair Monday morning coach thinks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coaches do not know what product they are selecting for the highest level of play?
At maverick or JR or Brine or any other showcase; do you think the coaches care what team won whatever game? Listen laxtard; they know exactly what they are doing or they would not have the job that they have! Get it and get over it. All of these kids and all nationally committed kids are committed as they have what it takes. The college coaches do not care what you or any other arm chair Monday morning coach thinks.

You're right. If the experts deem it so that team 91 has a dozen commits, yet as a team there is no aspect of the game where they are a good team that can win games there must be some demonstrable intangibles that make them a collection of great players disguised as a losing team. That makes a lot of sense, and thanks for clearing all this up for us. I won't go on anymore thinking it is important to win or achieve anything in sports because that is not important.

Get real, daddy. Winners care about kicking a rivals teeth in and then banging the other teams cheerleaders for good measure. Sure, some college coaches may not care to recruit winning characteristics in kids. To each his own.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Must be fun growing up in your house

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Must be fun growing up in your house

Yes, it's awesome.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2017 91 orange has very weak goalie play and that is the main reason such a talented team doesn't win games. Rather than take the best goalies at the tryouts JM keeps "his guys".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're right. If the experts deem it so that team 91 has a dozen commits, yet as a team there is no aspect of the game where they are a good team that can win games there must be some demonstrable intangibles that make them a collection of great players disguised as a losing team. That makes a lot of sense, and thanks for clearing all this up for us. I won't go on anymore thinking it is important to win or achieve anything in sports because that is not important.

Get real, daddy. Winners care about kicking a rivals teeth in and then banging the other teams cheerleaders for good measure. Sure, some college coaches may not care to recruit winning characteristics in kids. To each his own.

Dear Crazy Lax Dad,

Under the new ACA regulations your health insurance is required to have mental health coverage. Even those of us who are not fans of the law can agree on one thing: you need to use it. If not for yourself, please send your son so he can learn that it isn't his fault he is your child. Mental health help is just a phone call away.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Even the 91 website only knows 9 commits, the others have't been posted???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2017 91 orange has very weak goalie play and that is the main reason such a talented team doesn't win games. Rather than take the best goalies at the tryouts JM keeps "his guys".

Please stop. There is no aspect of the game where 91 is an elite team. Not defense, not midfield and not attack. Pretty bad to isolate on a goalie as a reason. Not too many goalies can stop wide open hands free 5-8 yarders against at the doorstep, and I saw an awful lot of those at Crabfeast. A well marketed group by the club, and let's just leave it at that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Get real, daddy. Winners care about kicking a rivals teeth in and then banging the other teams cheerleaders for good measure. Sure, some college coaches may not care to recruit winning characteristics in kids. To each his own. [/quote]

Dear Crazy Lax Dad,

Under the new ACA regulations your health insurance is required to have mental health coverage. Even those of us who are not fans of the law can agree on one thing: you need to use it. If not for yourself, please send your son so he can learn that it isn't his fault he is your child. Mental health help is just a phone call away.

[/quote]

Seemed figurative and not literal, and frankly I agree. You guys are easy to spot on weekends. Not about wins, all about the looks. We have kids out today at showcases. Two kids are sick. Excuses excuses excuses. Then the table turns to how many commits you have on your lousy teams (TT excepted). Nothing wrong with kicking a little [lacrosse]. They do keep score, right? If you are ok with losing and being a loser, we're all good. See you this weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please stop. There is no aspect of the game where 91 is an elite team. Not defense, not midfield and not attack. Pretty bad to isolate on a goalie as a reason. Not too many goalies can stop wide open hands free 5-8 yarders against at the doorstep, and I saw an awful lot of those at Crabfeast. A well marketed group by the club, and let's just leave it at that.

They are elite at recruiting. Better list than Turtles! Now stop crying

Page 29 of 45 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 44 45

Link Copied to Clipboard