BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
Annapolis Hawks
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,915
Members2,609
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 191 of 327 1 2 189 190 191 192 193 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Is it true that another daddy coach was added to one of the 2019 teams? If this is true what team is it.

Mitchell is a new daddy coach, replacing Bert. This coming summer, every coach and assistant coach of the top three 2019 teams will be a daddy or mommy coach.

Carro, PM and Lonigra are legit coaches and are the farthest thing from daddy/mommy coaches.
A legit coach has either coached HS, College or played the game at a higher level. A daddy/mommy coach is one who has no legit coaching or playing experience. Just someone who wants to make sure his kid starts and plays all of the time.

True like the new 2020 sausage coach

What the heck is a sausage coach?
P.M. is a daddy coach from G.C. who coached 2015 blue because his daughter was on it, that team had so much talent it didn't need a coach,Lonigro is a complete joke, my daughter had her as a coach one miserable year, she could,t teach kids how to slide properly, totally in it so she can control how much playing time her kids get, if your on that team beg to get off it. Carro is the only real coach out of the 3

It would help your case a lot if you knew what you were talking about. When you come out of the gate completely misinformed, you look foolish.

PM is from Mt. Sinai, not GC. He coaches boys varsity at Comsewogue. He had a daughter on the 2015 Blue Team that he coached and now has 2 daughters and a niece on the 2019 B Team that he's taking over, so no matter what anyone on this thread says, he is the epitome of a "daddy coach". The 2019 players and parents can judge for themselves what caliber of coach he is and how much nepotism plays into his handling of the team.

As for your comments about KL, since she only coached that YJ C Team last year, you've probably outed yourself, but since it seems like you're leaving, who cares, right? That said, you know perfectly well that her daughter wasn't on her team last year, so she had no control over her playing time. Did it influence team placement? Maybe, but let's see the 2015 summer team rosters shake out.

She used to coach the 17 second team and it was a nightmare with the other coach. Both have been replaced on that team. There's parent coaches every where in YJ-most are good but there's always going to be a few bad ones. This weekend at MidAtlantic for 17s it's all parent coaches.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
K.L. wasn't born a Y.J. she coached other travel clubs before Y.J. so I guess your not as informed as you think you are

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I still don’t understand what a sausage coach is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
K.L. wasn't born a Y.J. she coached other travel clubs before Y.J. so I guess your not as informed as you think you are

Using the Quote button helps everyone know to which post you are replying. Was there a thread that said KL was born a YJ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
look at his last name.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well.... You have your Bratwurst, German I think and goes great with a good beer.

Then theirs the Polish sausage, onions and potatoes good for breakfast.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With all the talk of friends and family, town interests and daddy coaches, at what point does CR need to step in?
Some of the kids start to stick out like a sore thumb on some of the teams. Has a coaches' daughter ever been move down? Does daddy coach get moved down too? Someone needs to evaluate the evaluators.

No they don't, speak with your feet if you are so offended.

I agree if you are not happy there are plenty of other options available. Just remember "The grass isn't always greener"

The only people who could possibly be happy about a scenario like this would be a coach with a daughter not quite up to speed or a friend of the coach with a daughter not quite up to speed. Everyone else, who are there because they earned it, not exactly happy as it doesn't help the team out unless the coach is so good it outweighs the baggage. When I see players on the field with a team clearly in over their heads, I feel bad for them. Parents may think they are doing them a favor exposing them to a higher level of play, but that's not the case. Some of the coaches seem to have no shame about it, it honestly embarrassing, but hey, as long as your happy, just know how everyone else feels.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some of the daddy coaches are better than the coaches with credentials. Just because you played in college doesn't mean you can coach. Not saying all the daddy coaches are good but some may be better than ones who have "credentials"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Some of the daddy coaches are better than the coaches with credentials. Just because you played in college doesn't mean you can coach. Not saying all the daddy coaches are good but some may be better than ones who have "credentials" [/quote

Agreed. And that is why they brought in coach "sausage". To clean up the sh÷t show you know who created.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Some of the daddy coaches are better than the coaches with credentials. Just because you played in college doesn't mean you can coach. Not saying all the daddy coaches are good but some may be better than ones who have "credentials" [/quote

Agreed. And that is why they brought in coach "sausage". To clean up the sh÷t show you know who created.

Now that is funny as H*LL!!! You clearly have NO idea what you are speaking about!!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saying you agree makes us think you are a viable source, until you refer to him as "coach sausage". Can some people just be decent human beings here? Enough already. This was almost a credible post.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Using the Quote button helps everyone know to which post you are replying. Was there a thread that said KL was born a YJ?
LOOK I USED THE QUOTE BUTTON looking up a thread wouldn't hurt yo, typical Y.J. parent needs everything given to them

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Need some advice. I have a 1st grader. Don't have any experience with girls lacrosse. I have a third grade son who plays.

What should I be practicing with her? I've been bringing her to wall ball but it's been frustrating for her. We work on cradling. Can someone give me some ideas? Do girls need to work off hand as much as boys? They also seem to hold the stick much lower. Should I have her practicing this way?

Any help appreciated.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Advice to the parent of the first grade girl: Go to Disney World.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With all the talk of friends and family, town interests and daddy coaches, at what point does CR need to step in?
Some of the kids start to stick out like a sore thumb on some of the teams. Has a coaches' daughter ever been move down? Does daddy coach get moved down too? Someone needs to evaluate the evaluators.

No they don't, speak with your feet if you are so offended.

I agree if you are not happy there are plenty of other options available. Just remember "The grass isn't always greener"

The only people who could possibly be happy about a scenario like this would be a coach with a daughter not quite up to speed or a friend of the coach with a daughter not quite up to speed. Everyone else, who are there because they earned it, not exactly happy as it doesn't help the team out unless the coach is so good it outweighs the baggage. When I see players on the field with a team clearly in over their heads, I feel bad for them. Parents may think they are doing them a favor exposing them to a higher level of play, but that's not the case. Some of the coaches seem to have no shame about it, it honestly embarrassing, but hey, as long as your happy, just know how everyone else feels.

I can't imagine spending this kind of money to be embarrassed and unhappy. Why are you doing it?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Need some advice. I have a 1st grader. Don't have any experience with girls lacrosse. I have a third grade son who plays.

What should I be practicing with her? I've been bringing her to wall ball but it's been frustrating for her. We work on cradling. Can someone give me some ideas? Do girls need to work off hand as much as boys? They also seem to hold the stick much lower. Should I have her practicing this way?

Any help appreciated.

I definitely get your frustration. There is not nearly the opportunitit's for the girls at that age, yet it is so important to work on her skills. Serious travel doesn't even start till 5th grade, unlike the boys, who are already pigeonholed by that age! Getting out there and practicing with her is the best thing you can do. Also there are a lot of clinics that are good at places like sports hub in soyosset and sports arena in st. James. Good luck!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did the 2018 blue team get crushed by Heros today at Primetime?

Not sure but there were not a lot of strong teams in that 2018 age group. I didnt recognize a lot of the teams that were in that age group otside of YJ, MD, TLC, Cardinals, Elevate and a few others.

Elevate's top 2018 team, Blue Team I think, did not play any of the top teams at the tournament. They played the lower tier teams. Not sure why their top 2018 team doesnt try and compete with the better clubs.

Winning games and playing lower level teams is not the point of a recruiting tournament. 2018 elevate parents were not happy that they spent a day beating up on low level club teams so they can go 4-0 with no college coaches watching. Elevate parents who want college coaches to see their kids need to make sure their kids teams are playing quality teams. Even if they lose they will get noticed.

tomorrow elevate 2018 plays our 8th/9th grade team so we will see how they do. Even
though they are playing a younger team, the fact that it's a YJ team they may get some college coaches to one of their games. that should make the Elevate parents a little happier.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did the 2018 blue team get crushed by Heros today at Primetime?

Not sure but there were not a lot of strong teams in that 2018 age group. I didnt recognize a lot of the teams that were in that age group otside of YJ, MD, TLC, Cardinals, Elevate and a few others.

Elevate's top 2018 team, Blue Team I think, did not play any of the top teams at the tournament. They played the lower tier teams. Not sure why their top 2018 team doesnt try and compete with the better clubs.

Winning games and playing lower level teams is not the point of a recruiting tournament. 2018 elevate parents were not happy that they spent a day beating up on low level club teams so they can go 4-0 with no college coaches watching. Elevate parents who want college coaches to see their kids need to make sure their kids teams are playing quality teams. Even if they lose they will get noticed.

If you go 4-0 at a recruiting tourney and NO college coaches are there to see it - did you actually win anything? Elevate is new to this and will learn what is important and will eventually put the right people in the right places to help their girls get recruited but it will take time. The DOR should be a person who has lived through girls college lax, has the contacts and life experiences you need to guide the girls and help them navigate through the process. It will take time and they will get there, it will just take some time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well.... You have your Bratwurst, German I think and goes great with a good beer.

Then theirs the Polish sausage, onions and potatoes good for breakfast.

I like sausage n peppers

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Advice to the parent of the first grade girl: Go to Disney World.

Put all the money you were going to pay into travel lacrosse into the stock market or a 529 and by the time she is in 12th grade you will have more than enough to pay for 4 years at SUNY Binghampton or Stony Brook.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anybody know how 2019 Blue did at Lax for the Cure today? I heard there were a lot of good teams there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok wasn't blue was a combo of all and they won all 5 think pm was coaching

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who was the Stars team that beat YJ 2019 BLUE @ T-3? According to Roster , 3 girls that just made top blue team played....after all the hype about them...looks like they couldn't get the job done.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who was the Stars team that beat YJ 2019 BLUE @ T-3? According to Roster , 3 girls that just made top blue team played....after all the hype about them...looks like they couldn't get the job done.

There are only two names without numbers on the roster , how do you know there were three new players. Who's the third? Do you have inside information.??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are only two names without numbers on the roster , how do you know there were three new players. Who's the third? Do you have inside information.??

Sorry my mistake she is not a new player. She was from the 2nd team, soon to be on first. Girl from Smithtown.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2 without numbers and looking at the other names on that roster, it was a mixed team with only a few from the blue team.Conclusion, someone waiting to stir the pot, as usual with no credit to their argument. NEXT

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

incorrect! there are 3 girls without numnbers on that tournament roster on YJ site. Original Poster was in fact correct

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2 without numbers and looking at the other names on that roster, it was a mixed team with only a few from the blue team.Conclusion, someone waiting to stir the pot, as usual with no credit to their argument. NEXT

Why doesn't that blue team travel together?? 18 Blue was there with most of the players, 17 blue travels with most of there players even 20 blue travels with most of there players. Maybe its time for new leadership. Can anyone say Pete Mitchell.
???????????????????????????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

incorrect! there are 3 girls without numnbers on that tournament roster on YJ site. Original Poster was in fact correct

Not on the 19's only two

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why doesn't that blue team travel together?? 18 Blue was there with most of the players, 17 blue travels with most of there players even 20 blue travels with most of there players. Maybe its time for new leadership. Can anyone say Pete Mitchell.

15 were blue... maybe when the coach starts caring, the players will start caring!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With all this chatter about Daddy coaches, there was talk this weekend at the tourneys about a new Daddy coach taking over the 4th 2019 team. Apparently he is a good friend of one of the blue team coach’s. It’s good to see the FAF group growing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

some of the ones that don't go are the anointed ones and their parents think they are too good to play with a mixed team. They also know the coach will not be there and will simply go with the kids he has started the past year because he pays no attention to how the kids have progressed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2 without numbers and looking at the other names on that roster, it was a mixed team with only a few from the blue team.Conclusion, someone waiting to stir the pot, as

No pot stirring just stating facts. 15 is hardly a few.

usual with no credit to their argument. NEXT

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2020 gold team didn't a coach he bailed on coaching and wasn't replaced. A couple of Dads had to step up. So much for saying we have two blue teams when only one matters.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2020 gold team didn't a coach he bailed on coaching and wasn't replaced. A couple of Dads had to step up. So much for saying we have two blue teams when only one matters.

Which F&F dads stepped up?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Dads that wear all the YJ attire.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And some of the girls rostered for blue this weekend barely played in the TG game

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And some of the girls rostered for blue this weekend barely played in the TG game

Several didn't play at all!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Dads that wear all the YJ attire.

And the blankets and the stickers on everything lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]The 2020 gold team didn't a coach he bailed on coaching and wasn't replaced. A couple of Dads had to step up. So much for saying we have two blue teams when only one matters.

Several didn't play at all!

No they didn't it was sad for those players. I guess they at least know where they stand on Curcios list.

Like Reply Quote
Page 191 of 327 1 2 189 190 191 192 193 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard