BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,505
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 85 of 144 1 2 83 84 85 86 87 143 144
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What? Why? Insecure? What are you talking about?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Express will be better this year. Outlaws will be better this year. Both could jump up a few notches. Igloo will not be as good, other teams have more talent. Jesters will take a step back. TLI plays no one so who cares. Smash and united still the best. But express and outlaws significantly closed the gap this year.

You are an insecure, over bearing lunatic parent. Feel bad for your poor kid.

Lol, it's funny because he is fat.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn't Massapequa HS win the Championship? None of those kids were on Express, TLI, or Outlaws.
Go figure???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo is a reconstitution of the Threshers - a lost and forgotten team last year. Don't believe the hype - this was and will be a B level team. Igloo brand is no place for a good player to go in a recruiting year. And the director has NO relationships with college coaches other than Hofstra. Stay away unless you were cut by Team 91, LI Express, Jesters, Outlaws, fl$, Team LI and every other A and AA team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn't Massapequa HS win the Championship? None of those kids were on Express, TLI, or Outlaws.
Go figure???
most played for Jesters but a few did later play for Express.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cromwell has NO relationship with colleges ? Come on get your facts straight! Cause he is a director as well .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My sincere condolences to the parents and kids on the 30 player Express rosters this year. You are caught in a land/money grab that intends to hoard talent rather than see a child do well in another organization. Take the opportunity to reevaluate how you want to spend critical development years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My sincere condolences to the parents and kids on the 30 player Express rosters this year. You are caught in a land/money grab that intends to hoard talent rather than see a child do well in another organization. Take the opportunity to reevaluate how you want to spend critical development years.

Thank you. And I'll be sure to report back how wrong you all were for turning down a team because you thought there was going to be 30 kids on a team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go figure???

More Pequa kids play for the Express than probably any other town.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go figure???

A few years ago that was correct.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go figure???

I a seniors dad was a Jesters coach so they probably had a few Jesters as well as express, a Junior dad's coached No Limit So Shore Ballers so about 6 juniors played for them and a soph's father coached 91 so a few of the 10th graders played for them - and little to no HS team over the summer.....hmmmmmm so much for the "gotta keep the kids together" BS - have the best players and you will win

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many teams are there for Express 2016? Is it only one huge team?

Unfortunately, the experiment taken at this groups expense continues to be a joke !!! Yes I am a 2016 parent

And that "experiment" continues to happen every year. All of these crazy parents keep paying big $$ to watch it happen to theirs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What? Why? Insecure? What are you talking about?

That you randomly predict what teams improve or decline so you feel better about the team your son is on.

Insecure!! We can add not perceptive as well!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's hear your counter about what was said then.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo is a reconstitution of the Threshers - a lost and forgotten team last year. Don't believe the hype - this was and will be a B level team. Igloo brand is no place for a good player to go in a recruiting year. And the director has NO relationships with college coaches other than Hofstra. Stay away unless you were cut by Team 91, LI Express, Jesters, Outlaws, fl$, Team LI and every other A and AA team.

That's what I thought, but the Threshers have tryouts on the 21st and 28th listed on their website. Same guy who started them is still the contact.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The fact that the 2016 team disbanded has alot to do with the many unknowns surrounding the team...There are several great players from the original team that got left behind....I am sure many who will be fall pick ups by some great teams...does anyone have a clue about where the 2016 team is playing in the Fall? How does anyone go forward without knowing facts,dates,etc! Very unfair...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First 2018 Long Island Comimitt: Villani to Maryland

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I hope he liked the campus and they have his major there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does he still wear diapers? How old is he?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone who gets involved with the Express on any sort of "committed team" better do their homework first. This past summer Channy put together a committed team. Each player put up $600 and they played in ONE tournament. The Hofstra blue and Gold in the B division. He then refused to give anyone their money back.
Is this what you want to get involved with?
Or how about a 2016 team with 40 kids on it?

There are plenty of other options out there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry your kid got cut by Igloo last year. Glad to see you are handling it in a responsible way.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express will be better this year. Outlaws will be better this year. Both could jump up a few notches. Igloo will not be as good, other teams have more talent. Jesters will take a step back. TLI plays no one so who cares. Smash and united still the best. But express and outlaws significantly closed the gap this year.

Agree that Express and Outlaws will move up but disagree putting United ahead of TLI. TLI may not play in some of the bigger name tournaments but except for Smash they are clearly No. 2 in this age bracket.

Agreed. And how can united be placed ahead of igloo. They have played about 7-8 times over the last 2 years. Igloo lost once.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone who gets involved with the Express on any sort of "committed team" better do their homework first. This past summer Channy put together a committed team. Each player put up $600 and they played in ONE tournament. The Hofstra blue and Gold in the B division. He then refused to give anyone their money back.

Stop crying. Express is a great option. Channy will try and get every kid his opportunity to attend a great college unlike the 91 guys.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First 2018 Long Island Committ: Villani to Maryland

Congrats Christian!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop crying. Express is a great option. Channy will try and get every kid his opportunity to attend a great college unlike the 91 guys.

Channy is done once he has his first line of commits. He has proven to move on by handing over the team to coaches at the final moment, first tournament. The majority do not even get responses to their emails and questions. Yes I was part of that group and yes speak from experience and fact

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you really believe that? You must be new to this. Channy will only help the top players. He does not care about the rest. That is a fact. Stop believing everything this man tells you. He lies. I've been through it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very happy for Christian. not just a good player but a really good kid

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you really believe that? You must be new to this. Channy will only help the top players. He does not care about the rest. That is a fact. Stop believing everything this man tells you. He lies. I've been through it.

true true true
2015 only helped the top 25 kids commit,
2016 only helped the top 12 kids commit,
2017 only helped the top 16 kids commit,
and so far he has only helped on 2018 commit - guys a joke

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son tried out for the Express this year, didn't really expect him to make the A team although he has played with many of the kids from that team before. He wanted to tryout because he knew many of the kids on the team. I really didn't want him to but he is 13 so I give him some choices.

Not knowing anyone there or doing any networking I didn't expect much but Express certainly exceeded my low expectations. He didn't make the teams which is fine with me but what does irk me is that after paying the $100 tryout fee we didn't even get an email saying thanks for coming down. Pretty low class. I have no problem that he didn't make it there were tons of kids. But a thank you email is the least they could do after gladly taking my $100.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn't TLI lose twice to Manhasset in the Maverik last year? How can they possibly be considered #2? Ridiculous.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son tried out for the Express this year, didn't really expect him to make the A team although he has played with many of the kids from that team before. He wanted to tryout because he knew many of the kids on the team. I really didn't want him to but he is 13 so I give him some choices.

Not knowing anyone there or doing any networking I didn't expect much but Express certainly exceeded my low expectations. He didn't make the teams which is fine with me but what does irk me is that after paying the $100 tryout fee we didn't even get an email saying thanks for coming down. Pretty low class. I have no problem that he didn't make it there were tons of kids. But a thank you email is the least they could do after gladly taking my $100.

Your not the only one with this gripe, they didn't send many emails to kids telling them they didn't make the team. Not very cool! Well you got a pinne.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go ask those parents after the top 5 of commits exactly how much channy helped. Personally know 1 of the 2017 commits that MC did nothing for. Absolutely nothing. Father did every single call. Just because the express has all those commits doesn't mean channy did it for them. Turtles did it for themselves. Stop preaching at the alter of MC!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ask the 2016 barracuda kids and their parents how their tournament season went this past summer. It was a disaster all around.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A baby wipe and a kiss on the cheek would have been nice, no?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Youth Lacrosse is a SCAM!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All I can tell you all is that Channy has helped my kid tremendously. He has been open an honest for the last three or four years.

It is a tough spot, let's face it, on any given A team there are likely only 5 or 6 kids that are actually good enough to ultimately get recruited to a good school program. Sure, there are those that start off on B or C teams, work hard, grow and become more athletic and move up the ladder and become recruited. But for the most part, the kids, no matter how much you want them to, will not be playing big college lax.

Just wait and see how much political nonsense is involved once the recruiting events start. Everyone wants their kid to get invited to Mav Showtime, Jake Reed, Philly (the three big ones) but the clubs are only going to recommend the tops 5-8 guys on their best team. They just can't send a B or C kid or even 2/3 of the kids on their best team...

You can't blame the organization for taking your money, they are in a business. They are selling a dream, You are the one's buying into the dream for $3k a year. Unless your kid is a top ten kid on the best team your club offers by 7th grade, save the $ for tutors and play town ball.

Do you really think spending the xtra $50 for shooting or dodging practice will make your kid into the next early recruit?

Stop complaining about the $100 try out fee and the failure of express or anyone else to send you a nice note saying your kid didn't make the team. Pick up the phone and call and ask, did my kid make the team. They will tell you if you ask.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are a [lacrosse] bag. A muzzle or transparity of your anonymity would serve you well. That was a condescending comment for no reason.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your not the only one with this gripe, they didn't send many emails to kids telling them they didn't make the team. Not very cool! Well you got a pinne.

Your kid may still have a shot. Express wanted commitments by last week but many got extensions to see what would happen with Empire, fl$, 91 and any others that had tryouts this past weekend. So some of those kids will pass on Express and new spots will open up. There is still a chance....but I agree with the suggestion to call them if you want a more direct answer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not the poster you called a bad name, but please share your thoughts more clearly. How was that condescending? Are you really that insecure that you thought poster was talking to you? Look, I get it, your kid is probably not going to make it and it get's you upset. Move away from the key board and think before you post...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
my son plays for another program. no axe to grind. your comments was just rude you Manhasset [lacrosse]. Yes, I know who you are.

Like Reply Quote
Page 85 of 144 1 2 83 84 85 86 87 143 144
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard