BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,740
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 123 of 220 1 2 121 122 123 124 125 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh please Elevate is not the second best team. YJ Gold can wipe the floor with them. They won because a few players were out of town. Good team, not great. And I am not a YJ parent.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Is it worth it to play white for top guns rather than playing on A or B for another program?

Bird in the hand. You have to make the other clubs A or B team!

HERE IS THE DEAL, Go to another tryout for other teams, if you DO NOT make any of them by the time YJ trouts come, you can always play on YJ as they take veryone that is why they have their tryout last. You have no risk in going elsewhere and there is only an upsaide. The white teams are so bad. Your daughter will not be happy there with the quality/skill level. Register for other tryouts and you can always go to YJ. If she makes a 5th YJ team it would be better than playing white.

Spot on response. Don't be lazy at the 17&18 level for your daughters sake go to other tryouts!! Your daughter is obviously not a top player, especially if she is on white for a second year, but she could be an A or B team for another organization. If you settle for white you have no one else to blame but yourself. And she's not moving inext year as a 3rd year player.

Agree. There are too many options out there to settle for that White team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know if 2019 black took any new girls?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it worth it to play white for top guns rather than playing on A or B for another program?

Bird in the hand. You have to make the other clubs A or B team!

HERE IS THE DEAL, Go to another tryout for other teams, if you DO NOT make any of them by the time YJ trouts come, you can always play on YJ as they take veryone that is why they have their tryout last. You have no risk in going elsewhere and there is only an upsaide. The white teams are so bad. Your daughter will not be happy there with the quality/skill level. Register for other tryouts and you can always go to YJ. If she makes a 5th YJ team it would be better than playing white.

Spot on response. Don't be lazy at the 17&18 level for your daughters sake go to other tryouts!! Your daughter is obviously not a top player, especially if she is on white for a second year, but she could be an A or B team for another organization. If you settle for white you have no one else to blame but yourself. And she's not moving inext year as a 3rd year player.

What program does a C player go to, and make an A team? I have a feeling that's not happening! B team maybe...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes very well ran program , mandatory weekly boot camp and well coached d1 bound players , all for free ! Yup thats right free.
And even better not even affiliated with the hs program coaching .
Top that .

quote=Anonymous]Lady Eagles ...Rocky Point .
Period!

quote=Anonymous]Who are the top 4 girls programs on Long Island? Would it be YJ, TG, Liberty, and Elevate? Obviously, age group will matter too. Are fl$, Express, and Team 91 up there too? [/quote] [/quote]

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess you know all the clubs at all age levels ability??? fl$, 91 and Express have very competitive teams(Not all C level)...it is NOT all about TG or YJ out there...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Word is the main guy coaches the HS team from the stands!

Yes very well ran program , mandatory weekly boot camp and well coached d1 bound players , all for free ! Yup thats right free.
Top that .

Period!

quote=Anonymous]Who are the top 4 girls programs on Long Island? Would it be YJ, TG, Liberty, and Elevate? Obviously, age group will matter too. Are fl$, Express, and Team 91 up there too?
[/quote][/quote]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are the top 4 girls programs on Long Island? Would it be YJ, TG, Liberty, and Elevate? Obviously, age group will matter too. Are fl$, Express, and Team 91 up there too?

I dont know if the top 4 are in that order but based on ALL age groups as an "overall", I would agree those are the top 4 clubs on LI. I have not seen Express play recently but all of teh boys programs, 91 and fl$ especially on the girls side are not very good. The talent is weak and they do not compete in the top tournaments and they still dont fare well in the B and C tournaments. Overall I think you have the top 4 Teams but within each age group there would be arguaments about what order.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess you know all the clubs at all age levels ability??? fl$, 91 and Express have very competitive teams(Not all C level)...it is NOT all about TG or YJ out there...

The poster did include Elevate and Liberty. I would tend to agree that not all 91 teams are C level, I think one might be a B lvel team (2017's). The rest would be C level at 91 and fl$ has become such a shell of a girls program I do not know if it should be mentioned here at all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My Daughters B team crushed the white team this summer, they were awful.

what age group? What club does your daughter play for?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My Daughters B team crushed the white team this summer, they were awful.

what age group? What club does your daughter play for?

2018 Elevate B team beat TG White easily this summer. Was surprised how weak that TG team was. Was not competitive game at all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Emails out for 2021. My daughter is new. Made white. Any new kids make black or purple?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot of know it all's. How can you speak of other teams if you were not on them? My daughter played on a White team, had a great time, was competitive and did not have to deal with all of the bickering that I see on these posts. Parents know their kids level and was a great expirence, coaching and training was good.

The few games that were blow outs were against tough competition or teams that had a couple of very talented players who scored most of the goals!

There was no issue with playing time and only a few players who didn't belong, not necassaraly because of their talent. Some because of their parents. Don't think they returned, TG.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Emails out for 2021. My daughter is new. Made white. Any new kids make black or purple?

2021 white? The black team wasn't very good last year, I can only imagine what skill level will be on white? Look elsewhere before you put your daughter on that team, she will be better off.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YES THAT'S ACCURATE ABOUT COACHING FROM THE STANDS, THAT'S WHY THE TEAM WAS HORRIBLE THIS PAST SEASON , ATLEAST THATS WHAT THE PAID COACHES ARE BLAIMING IT ON .

quote=Anonymous]Word is the main guy coaches the HS team from the stands!

Top that .

Period!

quote=Anonymous]Who are the top 4 girls programs on Long Island? Would it be YJ, TG, Liberty, and Elevate? Obviously, age group will matter too. Are fl$, Express, and Team 91 up there too?
[/quote][/quote] [/quote]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is great for Rocky point kids but what is everyone else suppose to do? We don't have that so we have to pay for it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2021 white? The black team wasn't very good last year, I can only imagine what skill level will be on white? Look elsewhere before you put your daughter on that team, she will be better off.

True. The 2021 Black went 1-3 at National Dram losing to YJ, Elevate and M&D and only neat a bad mixed age Skywalker Team. 2021 is not a strong group and the White team will be weak at best.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YES THAT'S ACCURATE ABOUT COACHING FROM THE STANDS, THAT'S WHY THE TEAM WAS HORRIBLE THIS PAST SEASON , ATLEAST THATS WHAT THE PAID COACHES ARE BLAIMING IT ON .

quote=Anonymous]Word is the main guy coaches the HS team from the stands!

Top that .

Period!

[/quote] [/quote] [/quote]

What are you guys talking about? Rocky Pt?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True. The 2021 Black went 1-3 at National Dram losing to YJ, Elevate and M&D and only neat a bad mixed age Skywalker Team. 2021 is not a strong group and the White team will be weak at best.

Any changes?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Parents, before you pluck down a lot of money to be on a white team, explore your options. In many age groups TG isn't very good. Being on a 3rd team in an age group on TG means even less, especially in age groups where they never carried 3 teams before. Explore your options. Many kids who you think are on or were offered the white team will be exploring their options regardless of what they tell you. Think before you spend a lot of money. Advice from somebody who has been there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unbelievable. The 2021 Black team was so bad last year, I can't imagine why they would bother with a purple team, let alone a white team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any changes?

I think the purple goalie went to Black (at tryouts the had her with black team in the final scrimmage of tryouts and the last years black goalie was with the purple team). She is an exceptional goalie. Kept the purple team in many games because of ridiculous saves (and before a wise guy says something, no I am not her dad).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2019 Black added 2 from outside organization

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Parents, before you pluck down a lot of money to be on a white team, explore your options. In many age groups TG isn't very good. Being on a 3rd team in an age group on TG means even less, especially in age groups where they never carried 3 teams before. Explore your options. Many kids who you think are on or were offered the white team will be exploring their options regardless of what they tell you. Think before you spend a lot of money. Advice from somebody who has been there.

Explore your options is no longer possible, TG in a panic, your money is due now , they know if you explore your options you will be gone.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they should've taken 2 from their purple team. Some very good players there

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Explore your options is no longer possible, TG in a panic, your money is due now , they know if you explore your options you will be gone.

That is why they have their tryout first. They want to pressure you into a decision. It's the parents responsibility to not fall into the trap and pressure and do what is right by finding what is right for their kid and not just succumbing to TG telling you that you have a few days to send a check. There are a lot of options out there for your kid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is why they have their tryout first. They want to pressure you into a decision. It's the parents responsibility to not fall into the trap and pressure and do what is right by finding what is right for their kid and not just succumbing to TG telling you that you have a few days to send a check. There are a lot of options out there for your kid.

Or maybe it's because they only want kids and families who want TG as their first choice. YJ chooses the opposite strategy - go try everywhere else, and we'll take everyone who's left over, and wants to pay. TG takes a chance, having early tryouts early, and loses money by doing it this way. They would still rather have people that want to be there, and not the ones that wanted someplace else, but didn't make it. They don't want to be your insurance policy. If they were only in it for the money, they'd have tryouts later. Oh, and they give you two weeks not a few days to pay.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

THe check is due by Sept. 15, you can still go to Beach Bums Tryouts and a few others before the check is due.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Or maybe it's because they only want kids and families who want TG as their first choice. YJ chooses the opposite strategy - go try everywhere else, and we'll take everyone who's left over, and wants to pay. TG takes a chance, having early tryouts early, and loses money by doing it this way. They would still rather have people that want to be there, and not the ones that wanted someplace else, but didn't make it. They don't want to be your insurance policy. If they were only in it for the money, they'd have tryouts later. Oh, and they give you two weeks not a few days to pay.

Yes - early admission to TG White team - that makes sense

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Or maybe People know you are better off on YJ second or third team than TG second or third

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

THe check is due by Sept. 15, you can still go to Beach Bums Tryouts and a few others before the check is due.

Elevate, Beach Bums, South Shore Turf, Icon. All better options than a white team, especially a second or third year on white. Your daughter deserves it!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This sounds like an obnoxious YJ parent. The TG purple in some age groups is very good, not sure about white. The TG coaches want people who have TG as their first choice, like the poster above says. YJ has four or five teams basically comprised of whoever else is left. TG wants people who want to be there, not just people who haven't made anything else, and the YJ Gold and Blue is good, but the other teams are basically just to fund the top teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If that's what you think, then this scenario is perfect. Tryout for TG and if don't make team you want, "sign up" for YJ, no cuts

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This sounds like an obnoxious YJ parent. The TG purple in some age groups is very good, not sure about white. The TG coaches want people who have TG as their first choice, like the poster above says. YJ has four or five teams basically comprised of whoever else is left. TG wants people who want to be there, not just people who haven't made anything else, and the YJ Gold and Blue is good, but the other teams are basically just to fund the top teams.

Well said!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If that's what you think, then this scenario is perfect. Tryout for TG and if don't make team you want, "sign up" for YJ, no cuts

this was a reply to:
"Or maybe People know you are better off on YJ second or third team than TG second or third"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they should've taken 2 from their purple team. Some very good players there

Outsiders said No so now they can take a purple kid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know how successful the 2019 teams are?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do you know this, no roster. Any other movement at 19?

Like Reply Quote
Page 123 of 220 1 2 121 122 123 124 125 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard