BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,946
Members2,609
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 76 of 144 1 2 74 75 76 77 78 143 144
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please get off this thread. Go back to your own league and trash talk. Very classless. We get it. No one will ever get anywhere unless they are on 91.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I wonder why people stay on Express B teams anymore. You pay the same amount as the A team and get so much less. A few years ago many of their B teams were solid, not so much these days. They used to have B teams that could beat most A teams from other groups. Not anymore.
The 2020 B team(Wolverines) had to drop to the B brackets at the end of the year to get some wins.

Maybe because not every player is an "A" player. There are actually kids that want to learn and be coached by great coaches that care. And get better. It seems to me that you think you can jump to the head of the line if you're on the "A" team. Riding the pines behind way better players does not help the "B" player.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was anybody at the Express 2018 Tryout tonight?

Attendance: about 100 kids.
Talent: good but not outstanding.
Organization. Poor. No organized way of rotating kids in and out of the 5:4 scrimmages. Coaches could at least have the kids coming off wait at the back of the line.

With 3 max coaches there, really expected more from the Express organization.

Any views?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wonder why people stay on Express B teams anymore. You pay the same amount as the A team and get so much less. A few years ago many of their B teams were solid, not so much these days. They used to have B teams that could beat most A teams from other groups. Not anymore.
The 2020 B team(Wolverines) had to drop to the B brackets at the end of the year to get some wins.

2018 Wolverines were very weak also this year. Two years ago when they were blue and even a year ago they were competitive. They were just bad this year. Barely practiced. As a parent how could I be happy that my team got handled by a town team from Wantagh easily. Wonder if they are going to make changes?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok, I get your point about having to be on the field to be noticed. But this is where you need to be honest with yourself - do you think if your son plays over the better players or maybe plays on an average teem that maybe you will pull something over a Petro or danowski caliber coach? The best express teams play in the most competitive tourneys and showcases. You may overexpose your son if he plays over his head.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe because not every player is an "A" player. There are actually kids that want to learn and be coached by great coaches that care. And get better. It seems to me that you think you can jump to the head of the line if you're on the "A" team. Riding the pines behind way better players does not help the "B" player.

That's good if Express has told its second teams that they B teams. They have historically sold them that they are as good as other groups A teams. If you are getting your expectations met, then you are good to go dude. I would bet some parents on the Express B teams might not be feeling the same as you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I did not make the last post but As a new parent that was completely turned off from express this year I agree with most of this. I got a feeling like they are some type of dynasty and I am fool to ask any questions. Was told the same by a father that paid for his son to tryout and meet the coaches. There was no coaches to meet. No one felt the need to even to offer any hospitality. The same kid will end up on 91a but express was the 1st choice. Parents of kids that played on express younger team last year warned me to stay away until 4th grade and do even waste my time if I am not sending my kid to private. Coaching was bad and they hardly practiced. Played on our pal team all year and never had a conflict with express. Team had a father for a 2nd coach.They paid to tryout just to find out if it was still the same coach. They won't even go back to the next tryout. That kid will end up on a good 91 team. I don't see what I am missing. How much do you have to endure to get a year with MC? They are responsible for creating some of these travel teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please get off this thread. Go back to your own league and trash talk. Very classless. We get it. No one will ever get anywhere unless they are on 91.

It is interesting that the last time there was a post on the team 91 forum was July 22. Since then there have been 24 pages of posts on the Express forum, mostly by non express families, The volume and frequency of posts and all the attention Express gets by others clearly indicates something about the strength of the program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wish all you doubters saw the talent pool at tryouts tonight.

What age are you speaking of?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2018 Wolverines were very weak also this year. Two years ago when they were blue and even a year ago they were competitive. They were just bad this year. Barely practiced. As a parent how could I be happy that my team got handled by a town team from Wantagh easily. Wonder if they are going to make changes?

You will be promised things will be different this year but will it really happen? Doubtful......

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is interesting that the last time there was a post on the team 91 forum was July 22. Since then there have been 24 pages of posts on the Express forum, mostly by non express families, The volume and frequency of posts and all the attention Express gets by others clearly indicates something about the strength of the program.

Strength of program? Don't you see everything written is negative? Program is in trouble

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wish all you doubters saw the talent pool at tryouts tonight.

What age are you speaking of?

Talent at tryouts and on field in summer will be two different things. They can't all be on the terps (despite the 35 man roster last year) and many will not stay for a B team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You will be promised things will be different this year but will it really happen? Doubtful......

I hope not. There was enough kids there to have two very good teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There were enough kids last year to have two very good teams....and look what happened.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard the tryouts Monday were poorly attended. I know at least 5 people that stayed away because of their failure to give any info.

You heard wrong....there were probably 100 kids there for 2020.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If your son can compete at higher level, why keep him on Express B? So many other teams out there that play in A bracket, Outlaws, Jesters, fl$, Vipers. Kid will get much more attention and college looks playing on one of those teams. No one is promoting your son on Express B, just a fact.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's good if Express has told its second teams that they B teams. They have historically sold them that they are as good as other groups A teams. If you are getting your expectations met, then you are good to go dude. I would bet some parents on the Express B teams might not be feeling the same as you.

"That's good if Express has told its second teams that they B teams"

"If you are getting your expectations met, then you are good to go dude."

Is this English?! 12:14am ... put the drink down, and step away from the computer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please don't discredit or Diminish 91 commits.

2017 D1 commits this year for 91:

Duke
Notre Dame
UVA
Michigan
UPenn x2 players
Georgetown
Boston
Yale

I'm pretty sure any family would be proud to have that as a start for their club team....certainly more are just on the cusp of committing.

Congrats to those Team 91 players. Below are list of Turtles & Express 2017 commits.

13 Turtles so far-
Hopkins 3 players
Harvard 2 players
Fairfield 2 players
Maryland
Bucknell
UPENN
Mich
UNC
Duke

2 Express 2017 players so far-
UNC
Cornell

Turtles commitments can not be counted as they are a separate invite only. What bo you have now? Pretty much nothing!

Turtles are part of Express and have been for years. They were early to the recruiting game and had an excellent coaching strategy (bringing in outside coach who didn't have a kid on the team). Certain parents who have KIDS on the Turtles can say whatever they want about "we did this on our own, we don't need express, etc." but anyone that knows anything about youth lacrosse knows that you can't replicate the Turtles situation again because of the success that Express, Team 91, etc. has had. And there has been turnover on the Turtles, and they have lost games as they get older. But to try and say that the Turtles aren't truly part of Express is a ridiculous statement.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

22 pages are complaints!! Lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Duke
Notre Dame
UVA
Michigan
UPenn x2 players
Georgetown
Boston
Yale

I'm pretty sure any family would be proud to have that as a start for their club team....certainly more are just on the cusp of committing.

91 2017 is a very good team, but, I'm sorry, the 91 coach or parent is overstating these stats by 2. UVA and one Penn are former Turtles. 91 had nothing to do with their being recruited (frankly, they are such wonderful players they probably would have been recruited without Turtles too!). But 91 certainly shouldn't be padding its stats.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Duke
Notre Dame
UVA
Michigan
UPenn x2 players
Georgetown
Boston
Yale

91 2017 is a very good team, but, I'm sorry, the 91 coach or parent is overstating these stats by 2. UVA and one Penn are former Turtles. 91 had nothing to do with their being recruited (frankly, they are such wonderful players they probably would have been recruited without Turtles too!). But 91 certainly shouldn't be padding its stats.

Did not the turtles pick up up 3 or 4 from express proper that would have been committed without the turtles? They were all great players on there own prior to the move to turtles and some were committed prior to migration g as well.

Padding is in the eye of the beholder.

The best part is that Long Island has produced so many good D1 prospects in the 2017 class.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Duke
Notre Dame
UVA
Michigan
UPenn x2 players
Georgetown
Boston
Yale

One player is a former Turtle, the other has played one season for the Turtles, Express, 91 & wherever else before that. He has played for a different travel team every year. You need to give the kid the credit and stop padding any organizations stats!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Duke
Notre Dame
UVA
Michigan
UPenn x2 players
Georgetown
Boston
Yale

Did not the turtles pick up up 3 or 4 from express proper that would have been committed without the turtles? They were all great players on there own prior to the move to turtles and some were committed prior to migration g as well.

Padding is in the eye of the beholder.

The best part is that Long Island has produced so many good D1 prospects in the 2017 class.

Great points by both of you IMO. True about both sets of players whom went to 91 last year and the couple of express players whom went to Turtles.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is trying out for the express, if he makes it this will be his fourth year on the express and playing for MC and JL... we are happy -

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where's fl$ commits. Big money and nothing to brag about 2017

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Duke
Notre Dame
UVA
Michigan
UPenn x2 players
Georgetown
Boston
Yale

Congrats to those Team 91 players. Below are list of Turtles & Express 2017 commits.

13 Turtles so far-
Hopkins 3 players
Harvard 2 players
Fairfield 2 players
Maryland
Bucknell
UPENN
Mich
UNC
Duke

UNC
Cornell

Turtles commitments can not be counted as they are a separate invite only. What bo you have now? Pretty much nothing!

Turtles are part of Express and have been for years. They were early to the recruiting game and had an excellent coaching strategy (bringing in outside coach who didn't have a kid on the team). Certain parents who have KIDS on the Turtles can say whatever they want about "we did this on our own, we don't need express, etc." but anyone that knows anything about youth lacrosse knows that you can't replicate the Turtles situation again because of the success that Express, Team 91, etc. has had. And there has been turnover on the Turtles, and they have lost games as they get older. But to try and say that the Turtles aren't truly part of Express is a ridiculous statement.

Could not disagree more. The express can't replicate the Turtles success in other grades because A they don't care, B they're all too egotistical to try. The are concerned with the money each team and grade brings in. period

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From all accounts the complaints are coming from 2 or 3 people tops. That's not many in the grand scheme of things. You made your complaints. Get on with your life. Hope your kids do well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where's fl$ commits. Big money and nothing to brag about 2017

Correct! Has anyone checked out that mom twitter? Its very funny! Attacks clubs that rip off crazy people like us! Its @angrylaxmom no way its a real mom but love the humor.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have express and 91 claiming they have all these commits. It's a joke. Give credit to the KIDS. They are the ones that put in the hard work. Stop giving 91 and MC all this credit. When MC gets a kid who sucks into Hopkins then I'll be impressed wit him. Until then enough already.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Or it could mean parents are content at 91

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Then maybe they should spend a little less time hanging out and posting at the Express forum if they are so content? It makes it appear they are a bit insecure about the strength of their own club programs by continually needing to spend so much time and energy on the Express forum. You do not see Express parents trying to prove they have a good thing by bashing 91 on the team 91 forum. Because they are content.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is trying out for the express, if he makes it this will be his fourth year on the express and playing for MC and JL... we are happy -

That's great! The real question is if he doesn't make the MC and JL team will he stay?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
On average 2 coaches doing evaluations (one coach got there late and one came and went) for over 120 kids on one field. some kids got 5 minutes in the scrimmage. Rotations done by the "Lord of the Flies" method. For the 10,000 to 12,000$ collected, couldn't more evaluators be hired? Couldn't a few recent college graduates help out on the sidelines?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
On average 2 coaches doing evaluations (one coach got there late and one came and went) for over 120 kids on one field. some kids got 5 minutes in the scrimmage. Rotations done by the "Lord of the Flies" method. For the 10,000 to 12,000$ collected, couldn't more evaluators be hired? Couldn't a few recent college graduates help out on the sidelines?

Lord of the Flies.....Just Brilliant!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well said and so true.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]On average 2 coaches doing evaluations (one coach got there late and one came and went) for over 120 kids on one field. some kids got 5 minutes in the scrimmage. Rotations done by the "Lord of the Flies" method. For the 10,000 to 12,000$ collected, couldn't more evaluators be hired? Couldn't a few recent college graduates help out on the sidelines? [/quote

Why would anyone expect it to be different this year? The FIX is always in. Caveat Emptor

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]My son is trying out for the express, if he makes it this will be his fourth year on the express and playing for MC and JL... we are happy -

That's great! The real question is if he doesn't make the MC and JL team will he stay? [/quote
I hope he makes it, you have 10,000 reasons to hope so.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Please get off this thread. Go back to your own league and trash talk. Very classless. We get it. No one will ever get anywhere unless they are on 91.

Then maybe they should spend a little less time hanging out and posting at the Express forum if they are so content? It makes it appear they are a bit insecure about the strength of their own club programs by continually needing to spend so much time and energy on the Express forum. You do not see Express parents trying to prove they have a good thing by bashing 91 on the team 91 forum. Because they are content. [/quote

Your kidding right?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was at 2019 last night and saw at least 8 coaches evaluating roughly 100 boys. That's about a dozen per tryout attendee. The tryout seemed reasonably well organized and put the kids through their paces. Only occasional issue was the typical set of kids jumping the line on rotations, but that always happens. No scrimmage last night maybe Thursday though. Al in all, my son said that it was a fair event. Can't comment on whether teams are already predetermined, but I would submit that the 2019 version of the tryout would get a grade of somewhere between a B+ to an A.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Duke
Notre Dame
UVA
Michigan
UPenn x2 players
Georgetown
Boston
Yale

13 Turtles so far-
Hopkins 3 players
Harvard 2 players
Fairfield 2 players
Maryland
Bucknell
UPENN
Mich
UNC
Duke

UNC
Cornell

Could not disagree more. The express can't replicate the Turtles success in other grades because A they don't care, B they're all too egotistical to try. The are concerned with the money each team and grade brings in. period

Above poster sounds stupid. There hasn't been another team like the Turtles at any organization with the exception of Team 91 Crush, and that team dynamic/composition is very different - Turtles were balanced and Crush has 3-4 best players in their age group that dominate. Igloo is best team in 2021 age group but they have strong competition and don't blow out the other teams. So explain why you "couldn't disagree more?" Your post doesn't do that statement justice.

Like Reply Quote
Page 76 of 144 1 2 74 75 76 77 78 143 144
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard