BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,931
Members2,609
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 115 of 220 1 2 113 114 115 116 117 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not exactly a lot of ball movement by the BBums either this past weekend. A few stand outs that kept the ball between themselves, much like the YJ Thorn team.
I was just glad to see only 1 YJ girl knocked on her butt compared to the numerous cheap shots they had to take from the BBums at the Babylon tournament.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Not exactly a lot of ball movement by the BBums either this past weekend. A few stand outs that kept the ball between themselves, much like the YJ Thorn team.
I was just glad to see only 1 YJ girl knocked on her butt compared to the numerous cheap shots they had to take from the BBums at the Babylon tournament.

Speaking of Babylon blast how did beach buns do? They put their team in the 2 Nd division and still didn't make playoffs. List to liberty 2nd team. Not impressive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Same as TG, TLC and Skywalkers have some only OK A-teams in some years. M and D is really the only other club in the country that is strong every year like Yellow Jackets.

Skywalkers are run a bit differently. They really do not put any effort into winning at the young age groups. Therefore, currently their 2020 and 2021 teams are not very good. However, by the time their teams reach 7th/8th grade they are typically one of the better teams around. I know at the 2018 and 2019 level that Skywalkers has recently had the better of their M&D counterparts.

Skywalker 2020's had 16 kids on the roster for national draw and the three studs never came out of the game, is that not playing to win?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Doesn't everybody make a YJ team?

Yes!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Doesn't everybody make a YJ team?

Yes!

They are trying to get 2020 and younger to 7 teams per age group. Notice no mention of colors anywhere anymore, just coaches names.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My friends kid got cut so that's not true

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Check must have bounced.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Got cut from YJ? That's not easy to do!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YOU can NOT get cut from YJ - that is NOT possible. They will take anyone's money. They may have gotten moved to another team but the did NOT get cut. That is why YJ has their try-outs so late in the year. They can pick up all the scraps that dont end up somewhere else and put them on the 3rd/4th/5th/6th/7th team and make as many teams as they want with the spare kids regardless of talent. You can not get cut, they will put you somewhere as long as your check clears.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YOU can NOT get cut from YJ - that is NOT possible. They will take anyone's money. They may have gotten moved to another team but the did NOT get cut. That is why YJ has their try-outs so late in the year. They can pick up all the scraps that dont end up somewhere else and put them on the 3rd/4th/5th/6th/7th team and make as many teams as they want with the spare kids regardless of talent. You can not get cut, they will put you somewhere as long as your check clears.

There were cuts last year, 2021 for sure. It probably came down to numbers and not having enough for a fourth team and not wanting to put 28 on the third team but a few did not make it.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There were cuts last year, 2021 for sure. It probably came down to numbers and not having enough for a fourth team and not wanting to put 28 on the third team but a few did not make it.

And those who were cut played on other teams. One of goose teams was The Beach Bums

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does the Top Guns Play in any Fall Tournaments in the younger years (2022-2020's)? If so is it run through the club, or does a few parents get together and enter a team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does the Top Guns Play in any Fall Tournaments in the younger years (2022-2020's)? If so is it run through the club, or does a few parents get together and enter a team?

Call Bill Smith and ask him, his contact info is on their website

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Didn't want to bother anyone with such a general question. Just trying to gather some info for deciding where to tryout (move from another club) my daughters (I don't want any input other than my original question as I have been gathering info on all programs and TG is the one I am leaning towards but I just wanted to know if they play any fall tournaments).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Too funny your U 15 team loses to 3 rd level YJ team, a team according to you made up of scraps that don't make a team anywhere else. What exactly does that make your TG team , sorry meant your top TG team not the one your daughter is on .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Too funny your U 15 team loses to 3 rd level YJ team, a team according to you made up of scraps that don't make a team anywhere else. What exactly does that make your TG team , sorry meant your top TG team not the one your daughter is on .

First of all, you have no idea what age or what team the posters daughter is on. Second of all, there were no 3rd level YJ teams at U15, so your post makes no sense, but nice try

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Didn't want to bother anyone with such a general question. Just trying to gather some info for deciding where to tryout (move from another club) my daughters (I don't want any input other than my original question as I have been gathering info on all programs and TG is the one I am leaning towards but I just wanted to know if they play any fall tournaments).

Sorry they do not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry they do not.

Some teams do. Give Bill a call.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nope. 2017 had 1 fall tournament that was a joke.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They actually have a series of fall tournaments they offer as optional that are run by Shannon at Hofstra. Many of the actual coaches are away at school by then but parents and hofstra players usually coach or rotate players in and out anyway.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can call but even if they tell you there is fall/winter stuff its awful. The winter league for our team consists of two dads not top guns coaches. Once the dads run the winter league they feel they are in charge all summer. Constant in the coaches ears.

Fall tournaments same, top guns tells the dads if they want to organize it go ahead again do you really join travel for dad coaches that do not even know lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nope. 2017 had 1 fall tournament that was a joke.

Not true, depends on which team...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can call but even if they tell you there is fall/winter stuff its awful. The winter league for our team consists of two dads not top guns coaches. Once the dads run the winter league they feel they are in charge all summer. Constant in the coaches ears.

Fall tournaments same, top guns tells the dads if they want to organize it go ahead again do you really join travel for dad coaches that do not even know lacrosse.

Goodbye and good luck on YJ Team 5!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Keep believing. Huge gap between the two clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

From my experience, no matter what club you play for, you are better off to go find some pickup teams to play with (IMO). We actually/usually turn down the offers to play off season with the club. Many lacrosse opportunities fall and winter are 7v7, these club teams are 24 on roster, already way too big for even the 12v12 tournaments. It is great to go out and do stuff on your own accord rather then the packaged club crap. Your travel club has many players and parents that you were placed on a team with. Some are great, some are not (on and off the field). I love doing the, off season stuff, out of club. Picture going to tournaments you chose, with just the right amount of subs, comprised of players that play a style of lacrosse you agree with, all with parents you can tolerate standing next to on the sidelines. Alternative, go play with your club at some crappy tournament that is probably making your club director even richer, sit on the sidelines with piles of girls waiting to get in the game as you watch the same girls you watched all summer continue to force it everytime they touch the ball, all the while standing next to an obnoxious parent screaming " go to goal". Have fun with that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Grow up. Not everything is about the yellow jackets. The question raised and answered was about top guns. The point is the Smiths should have lax players run the programs not dads

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Keep believing. Huge gap between the two clubs.

Again, depends on which teams you're talking about, for both clubs. The generalizations are just a big waste of time

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I like that Elevate is keeping roster size to 20 for recruiting years and 22 for others.. it would be nice

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"First of all, you have no idea what age or what team the posters daughter is on. Second of all, there were no 3rd level YJ teams at U15, so your post makes no sense, but nice try"

YJ sent 3 U15 teams , so yes one of them is a 3rd level YJ u15 team, not that hard to comprehend unless your mind just cannot accept that YJ is just that much deeper than TG. Not a knock on any of those YJ teams or players just the facts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"First of all, you have no idea what age or what team the posters daughter is on. Second of all, there were no 3rd level YJ teams at U15, so your post makes no sense, but nice try"

YJ sent 3 U15 teams , so yes one of them is a 3rd level YJ u15 team, not that hard to comprehend unless your mind just cannot accept that YJ is just that much deeper than TG. Not a knock on any of those YJ teams or players just the facts.

They sent two A teams and a B team. There was no 3rd level team there

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I like that Elevate is keeping roster size to 20 for recruiting years and 22 for others.. it would be nice

You think TG would move to that model?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They sent two A teams and a B team. There was no 3rd level team there

You really are a moron , its a U15 tournament, they sent 3 U15 teams , one is the best , one is second best and one is third best. Its no big deal , at the U15 grouping your TG team lost to the third best YJ team in the U15 age group.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Teams would be much better if they did. Black and purple kids would end up on the white team and the white team would be drastically better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Teams would be much better if they did. Black and purple kids would end up on the white team and the white team would be drastically better.

Agreed, especially important to the recruiting years, excellent idea

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Even better cut it to 18 per team. Charge $500 more to cover costs, half the top players from all the other overloaded roster clubs would be lining up. Nobady, repeat nobody wants 24 on a roster. First club to go to 18 elite will change the landscape of travel.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It will work for the younger ages but as soon as half the team starts to committ the committed players stop traveling . Soon enough with the way the recruiting landscape is the rising senior classes wil stop playing in showcase tournaments since every player will be committed .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
24 kids work if the coaches dont get involved with a win at all costs mind set and put some effort into rotating the players equally. When kids start to committ start giving the uncommitted more playing time or put some uncommitted on the first line with the studs who could help them. After the 5 or 6 great players on a team the rest if chosen correctly should all be pretty good players and should all get a chance to contribute in a stressful tight game in front of recruiters. Yes its a lot easy said than done and would take at least 3 coaches per team to achieve. Its tough keeping everyone satisified but after your child is committed it takes alot of pressure off of everyone involved.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK YJ put you money where your mouth is. Have Ms Rose contact SM and have your 2018(ROSE) team play TG 2018 Black. Enough of the BS lets get it on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK YJ put you money where your mouth is. Have Ms Rose contact SM and have your 2018(ROSE) team play TG 2018 Black. Enough of the BS lets get it on.

What does the above statement have to do with having 24 kids on a team if that was what you were referring to?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Better do it quick. The TG team is going to change very soon after tryouts are over.

Like Reply Quote
Page 115 of 220 1 2 113 114 115 116 117 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard