BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,925
Members2,609
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 113 of 220 1 2 111 112 113 114 115 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did top guns black 2018 get out of pool play in best of the beach. Very funny that they went to a non competitive tournament to get a needed championship and went home early. On the other hand congrats to purple. They work hard and play as a team. Sorry white loses a lot and chants thank you 91 for losing when they are a mess themselves b

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Go across the street to Mitchell Field and play 25 minute games and pay an admission fee

And you play YJ and Beach Bums teams great competition.

Missing the whole point of the Elite tourney. It's not a championship format so there's no Tshirt to win, just a huge successful great bunch of girls and their families getting together supporting each other and having fun. This is such a great way to end the summer season and I love that all teams are there to support each other.

I also enjoy playing just YJ teams and supporting CR. I gladly shelled out my $10 bucks at the door.

Yuck

You're actually supporting your child being involved in a great program but if you have a problem shelling out $10 at the door you need to go somewhere else. I gave $20 gladly and told them to keep the change. Oh and we also bought some $10 yj tshirts and a backpack and were happy to do it. You can all look at it negatively, I haven't once regretted having my girls involved in the yellow jackets. If any of you are move one. For all of you "others" that come on here and constantly bash the program, you're obviously jealous and obsessed.

Oh I thought all the money for training and tournaments support my daughter playing lax didn't realize it was the $10 at the gate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really. Why is it that YJ keep avoiding TG 2018. Ms Rose always puts her team in a different bracket then TG in National Draw?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So your daughter is on purple and your upset she's not on black. In turn you put down white team. You reAlize purple only beat white by 1 yesterday. Right?!

You did see billy smith cheering for / coaching purple on sidelines totally inappropriate but I guess he figured your group wouldn't handle if they lost to the clubs step-child g

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did top guns black 2018 get out of pool play in best of the beach. Very funny that they went to a non competitive tournament to get a needed championship and went home early. On the other hand congrats to purple. They work hard and play as a team. Sorry white loses a lot and chants thank you 91 for losing when they are a mess themselves b

Black won their bracket but unfortunately could not field a team because girls had flights already booked to Denver...so they forfeited. Purple is a solid team...great group of young ladies. Black beat them 5 - 2 in semis yesterday

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tournament was horrible , drove home in hideous traffic , told would have college coaches there, fields were bad and layout worse. Can tell you my daughters team will not make the trip north next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really. Why is it that YJ keep avoiding TG 2018. Ms Rose always puts her team in a different bracket then TG in National Draw?

Same bracket, just avoids the head to head within the bracket. Ever think it may be TGs requesting not to play YJ? Who knows why but both teams in same bracket and not scheduled to play each other is the only way to assure they never face each other later in playoffs, because only one team will get out of pool play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So your daughter is on purple and your upset she's not on black. In turn you put down white team. You reAlize purple only beat white by 1 yesterday. Right?!

You did see billy smith cheering for / coaching purple on sidelines totally inappropriate but I guess he figured your group wouldn't handle if they lost to the clubs step-child g

The TG White Team in the 2018 age group? That team is horrific.......

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh. Thought black lost their first game. How did they field a team for the later games but had to forfeit their first game which I'm assuming was where
their only loss came from. Don't 2017's
Go to Denver or do they borrow some 18's
Purple a nice team that seems to
Play as a group well

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't think rose cares. Tg 2018 black so weak like another poster stayed previously

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Hofstra tournament was the only tournament that had not one vendor selling food! Couldn't even buy a bottle of water?! I have never been to a tournament with no vendors. So strange

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Hofstra tournament was the only tournament that had not one vendor selling food! Couldn't even buy a bottle of water?! I have never been to a tournament with no vendors. So strange

About 100 yards away on Hempstead turnpike is Mcdonalds,, chipotle, Ralph's ices, subway... Take a walk and eat up

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tournament was horrible , drove home in hideous traffic , told would have college coaches there, fields were bad and layout worse. Can tell you my daughters team will not make the trip north next year.

If this is true, I'm sorry the experience was bad, as a LI lax parent who has traveled many times south to play it was great staying home for a tournament. The tournament needs great teams/clubs to get better.. Then the coaches will come... Thanks for making the trip up..NY doesn't compare with too many other parts of the country, traffic is always bad, people are always in a hurry. hopefully you took advantage and did something in the city or on the shore during the down times.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why must your responses be so obnoxious. EVERY tournament has vendors. Maybe they just don't want to be associated with you and your daughter BS

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coach Rose is NOT afraid to play a Top Guns Team!!

Come on Really think about this for a minute,.....YJ 2015 Blue has played 2015 Black probably once a year ask the parents how they made out.
Skywalkers and M&D vs 2015 Blue are the best games at every tournament for years. Yes 2015 Black and 2015 Blue are two good teams and have had some good games BUT NOT close to the SkyWalkers and M&D games. The sidelines are packed with players parents and coaches from other teams watching those games, and has been that way for years.
Liberty and Top Guns are good programs but not at the same level as of July 2014!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
KP9WPKKeep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

About 100 yards away on Hempstead turnpike is Mcdonalds,, chipotle, Ralph's ices, subway... Take a walk and eat up

Don't forget Dunkin Donuts and Subway. In a way - I liked the fact that there was not a big vendor village. We were there for lacrosse not shopping. If you wanted to shop and eat Roosevelt Field was two exits up on the Meadowbrook.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The student center inside Hofstra was open all day for breakfast, lunch and drinks, (hot and cold food) all at very reasonable prices. Unfortunately, it was not well advertised

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tournament was crap. Elevate pulled out this year for a reason. There won't be a tournament next year. And having not one vendor for food or drink was pathetic. No organization should waste their money on this debacle, they couldn't even keep the scores right!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any college coaches there other than SS?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

Yes, I did see some at every game we played. Didn't look to see from where, though.

Agree about the food situation. Food and water should've been available for sale, regardless of the fast food joints in close proximity. If I wanted to run quickly to a vendor to pick up another water, it shouldn't involve getting in my car.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

Yes, I did see some at every game we played. Didn't look to see from where, though.

Agree about the food situation. Food and water should've been available for sale, regardless of the fast food joints in close proximity. If I wanted to run quickly to a vendor to pick up another water, it shouldn't involve getting in my car.

100 yards? Car?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Go across the street to Mitchell Field and play 25 minute games and pay an admission fee

Missing the whole point of the Elite tourney. It's not a championship format so there's no Tshirt to win, just a huge successful great bunch of girls and their families getting together supporting each other and having fun. This is such a great way to end the summer season and I love that all teams are there to support each other.

I also enjoy playing just YJ teams and supporting CR. I gladly shelled out my $10 bucks at the door.

Yuck

You're actually supporting your child being involved in a great program but if you have a problem shelling out $10 at the door you need to go somewhere else. I gave $20 gladly and told them to keep the change. Oh and we also bought some $10 yj tshirts and a backpack and were happy to do it. You can all look at it negatively, I haven't once regretted having my girls involved in the yellow jackets. If any of you are move one. For all of you "others" that come on here and constantly bash the program, you're obviously jealous and obsessed.

In all sincerity, where do you think the $10 admission is really going?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed. Not saying the tournament was bad. Games ran on time. Parking wasn't an issue. Just would've been nice to have the option. Instead of getting so defensive maybe take the opinions and improve. You just might draw more teams if ur not so nasty

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed. Not saying the tournament was bad. Games ran on time. Parking wasn't an issue. Just would've been nice to have the option. Instead of getting so defensive maybe take the opinions and improve. You just might draw more teams if ur not so nasty

Yes. Compared to the Grind - and those fields out in the middle of nowhere with no parking and overpriced vendors - Hempstead anyday. A food truck or two in one of the parking lots would have made a killing this weekend.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

100 yards? Car?

IDK where the 100-yard poster's field was, but ours were never that close. Frankly, I don't think any field was 100 yards from the fast food joints. Maybe as the crow flies, but not walking.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tournament was crap. Elevate pulled out this year for a reason. There won't be a tournament next year. And having not one vendor for food or drink was pathetic. No organization should waste their money on this debacle, they couldn't even keep the scores right!

I heard from reliable source ( non topgun), that elevate was sent away due to financial reasons.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's all I'm saying. A food truck. Pretzel. Water. If I had one I would've killed to park there. Cha Ching !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Go across the street to Mitchell Field and play 25 minute games and pay an admission fee

Yuck

In all sincerity, where do you think the $10 admission is really going?

A good portion went to approx $8k in schloarships to YJ kids. If they really need another $10 by family, they would just raise the price of membership. You might have legitimate issues with YJ, but this is really not one of them worth your time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They might be talking about fields 1, 2 and 3. Probably not 100 yards - more like 100 meters to Mcdonalds, DD and Subway. That's also where the vendors were. But, if you were stuck on the other fields all weekend - you were SOL. Actually, compared to other tournaments parking was very nice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They might be talking about fields 1, 2 and 3. Probably not 100 yards - more like 100 meters to Mcdonalds, DD and Subway. That's also where the vendors were. But, if you were stuck on the other fields all weekend - you were SOL. Actually, compared to other tournaments parking was very nice.

Ummm..a meter and a yard are approximately the same...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have to say that being a Long Island parent of a Top Guns team it was nice to be local for this last tournament. I understand for out of town folks that not having food or vendors may be a big deal but we were just at one in NJ and they didn't have any decent food vendors there either at least not the first day. They should have advertised the student center being open with food. Agreed. Bottom line is though your going there to watch/play lax and in all likelihood you are bringing a cooler that has food and drinks. If your not then its something you should think about for next trip.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I heard from reliable source ( non topgun), that elevate was sent away due to financial reasons.

Obviously not a reliable source. They chose to do better tournaments as witnessed by the complaints on here. They did go last year but clearly ran into the same issues as people are discussing on here. You have NO reliable source because you as human being most likely have no credibility in any aspect of your life. Elevate clearly had their best financial year ever, most teams they have ever had, great turnout at tryouts, more kids than ever. But you keep going.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You'll only know how great it truly was when you see number of kids at NEXT tryout, right?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No they did not. They lost first game Went home due to loss. Not forfeit
Post it this time

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No they did not. They lost first game Went home due to loss. Not forfeit
Post it this time

Hey dope [lacrosse]...they finished at 3 - 1 and in a tie with T3 but beat them head to head...that was first tiebreaker. But too many girls had to leave for a flight to Denver so they could not field a team. No big deal..why are you so hung up on a team full of 13-14 year old girls. Let me explain to you that everyone wants to win, however the goal for travel lacrosse if your daughter wants to play at the college level is to get better as a player, and hopefully because of her play she might get noticed at a recruiting event by a college that she may want to attend because it suits her academically and lacrosse wise. Good luck to our daughter...step away from the keyboard

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice to see the Maryland teams and Mass teams at Hofstra Tourney this weekend. Even nicer when I went home to my bed and they were all in the parking lot talking about what hotel they were staying in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice to see the Maryland teams and Mass teams at Hofstra Tourney this weekend. Even nicer when I went home to my bed and they were all in the parking lot talking about what hotel they were staying in.

Heros and Integrity don't count when saying Maryland teams showed up. You all know there are really only 2.5 that matter. (TLC gets a half)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ummm..a meter and a yard are approximately the same...

The guy was using dry sarcasm, it was obviously lost on you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Heros and Integrity don't count when saying Maryland teams showed up. You all know there are really only 2.5 that matter. (TLC gets a half)

Compared to Beach Bums & CT Grizzlies at the Elite showcase?

Like Reply Quote
Page 113 of 220 1 2 111 112 113 114 115 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard