Send us your commitment story & Contact us for Lacrosse Events boosting. Keep Laxin'!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,269
Posts346,549
Members2,492
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 22 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 21 22
Re: Boys 2019 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't understand your argument my son was born in March 2001, great student, never held back for sports purposes, is in 7th grade playing on an age appropriate 2019 team.

It blows me away how people come on this site and try to justify their reasoning for manipulating the system to their benefit.

Once they get to JV/Varsity level they all get lumped together so will not matter see all the cheaters then........

BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2019 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Any predictions for the Long Island Laxfest?
Who wins their brackets? I'm going with
91orange north division
Palm beach revolution south division
91crush east division
Express wolves west division



It's set up for 91 to be there so why not. I hope you know players on Palm Beach Revolution because I'm sure not to many people know them

Re: Boys 2019 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Actually month is a big factor, most age based systems go from July to August not based entirely on calendar year


and there in lies the issue subjective when determining that Mendoza line

Re: Boys 2019 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This tournament is graduation year so Crush is indeed playing up. GRADUATION YEAR

Re: Boys 2019 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
This tournament is graduation year so Crush is indeed playing up. GRADUATION YEAR


stop with your nonsense, what does graduation year mean? the year that you should've graduated in had you kept your kid in the appropriate grade or the one they actually will graduate in because you held them back to give them an advantage? post the each kids' birth date on a no-name basis and let's see how many 2001s there are.

Sponsored Links
Re: Boys 2019 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No don't know anybody. Just cant see 91white winning their bracket in the A division.

Re: Boys 2019 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
No don't know anybody. Just cant see 91white winning their bracket in the A division.


91 White will have good competitive games in "A" division, isn't that whats it's all about? They are 12/13 years old, for goodness sake, stop the madness!

Re: Boys 2019 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So should they play in the B bracket and roll over teams ? Its about playing the best competition available.

Re: Boys 2019 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And if they do .......it was fixed . LMAO

Re: Boys 2019 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why didn't we see the Rising Sons 2019 at the Adrenalin Black Card event? They put on a stronger showing than Mesa 2019? Express lost to Sons at Winter Nationals and I saw Rising Sons 2019 beat up on 91 Crush at St. Anthony's. Just curious why they were not there.

Sponsored Links
Re: Boys 2019 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why didn't we see the Rising Sons 2019 at the Adrenalin Black Card event? They put on a stronger showing than Mesa 2019? Express lost to Sons at Winter Nationals and I saw Rising Sons 2019 beat up on 91 Crush at St. Anthony's. Just curious why they were not there.


wasn't it an invite only where the organization got invited. Invite the top organization and you gain traction.

Re: Boys 2019 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why didn't we see the Rising Sons 2019 at the Adrenalin Black Card event? They put on a stronger showing than Mesa 2019? Express lost to Sons at Winter Nationals and I saw Rising Sons 2019 beat up on 91 Crush at St. Anthony's. Just curious why they were not there.


wasn't it an invite only where the organization got invited. Invite the top organization and you gain traction.


Mesa Fresh only lost to 91 by one goal

Re: Boys 2019 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But wasn't that to their 2019 team? 91 Crush is better than 91 2019 Orange

Re: Boys 2019 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I also didn't see Rising Sons 2019 at young gunz tournament next weekend. I see their 20's and 21's.

Re: Boys 2019 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 Crush better than 2019 Orange? I guess you don't follow these teams that well. 91 Crush is a 2020 team and has never beaten 2019 Orange.

Re: Boys 2019 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do the Dune Dawgs and 91 orange ever play each other? The 2 best 2019 teams yet it seems they are never at the same tournaments? Whats up with that?

Re: Boys 2019 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did 2019 Express do yesterday?

Re: Boys 2019 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Do the Dune Dawgs and 91 orange ever play each other? The 2 best 2019 teams yet it seems they are never at the same tournaments? Whats up with that?


Hopefully they will see each other at the NXT cup. They are both scheduled to play in that tournament.

Re: Boys 2019 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How did 2019 Express do yesterday?


Who cares they are a B team and there best player was playing at the maverick big time shoot out with the CT Chargers losing in the semis.

Re: Boys 2019 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is it true that laxachusettes 2019 yellow had 2018 players playing because it sure looked like it?

Re: Boys 2019 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91 2019 Orange took it all. Went 5 and 0 for the two days.

Beat Express in championship 11 to 4.


Re: Boys 2019 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
is it true that laxachusettes 2019 yellow had 2018 players playing because it sure looked like it?


Have to second that opinion - several people mentioned the same thing to me

Re: Boys 2019 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Team 91 2019 Orange took it all. Went 5 and 0 for the two days.

Beat Express in championship 11 to 4.


Why not, my husband had a guy with 91 stampede tell him his son isn't on the team just gets the invite to show up when the team wants to win a tournent.....do the parents on the team get pissed when there paying son who goes to all the practices has to sit out while the invite kid plays his position? Or do. They just want the shirt?

Re: Boys 2019 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone have information on the LI Revolution 7th grade team? Trying to look at other options closer to home come tryout season.
See their advertisements all the time on this website but not much info about them. Thanks

Re: Boys 2019 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Team 91 2019 Orange took it all. Went 5 and 0 for the two days.

Beat Express in championship 11 to 4.



Whipped them pretty good huh..Not good for the express . when it use to be the elite program .

Re: Boys 2019 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
Joined: Nov 2011
A
Back of THE CAGE
Offline
Back of THE CAGE
A
Joined: Nov 2011
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Team 91 2019 Orange took it all. Went 5 and 0 for the two days.

Beat Express in championship 11 to 4.


Why not, my husband had a guy with 91 stampede tell him his son isn't on the team just gets the invite to show up when the team wants to win a tournent.....do the parents on the team get pissed when there paying son who goes to all the practices has to sit out while the invite kid plays his position? Or do. They just want the shirt?


Nice Try! There were no "guest" players on 2019 91 Stampede at LI Laxfest.

Re: Boys 2019 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by acblax
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Team 91 2019 Orange took it all. Went 5 and 0 for the two days.

Beat Express in championship 11 to 4.


Why not, my husband had a guy with 91 stampede tell him his son isn't on the team just gets the invite to show up when the team wants to win a tournent.....do the parents on the team get pissed when there paying son who goes to all the practices has to sit out while the invite kid plays his position? Or do. They just want the shirt?


Nice Try! There were no "guest" players on 2019 91 Stampede at LI Laxfest.


Isn't stampede a B team. In all honesty it really doesn't matter who plays in the B games. If the kid is that good he would be playing in the A bracket for somebody. If he is an a kid for another organization then there would be a problem but winning that won't mean much

Re: Boys 2019 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Laxachusetts should not be invited back next year. The coaches admitted that they had several older prep school kids on the team. Their defense was dangerously unruly and the entire team was not very skilled, just 6 inches taller and 30lbs heavier than the true 7th graders. Stay classy Boston

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
is it true that laxachusettes 2019 yellow had 2018 players playing because it sure looked like it?


Have to second that opinion - several people mentioned the same thing to me

Re: Boys 2019 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Laxachusetts should not be invited back next year. The coaches admitted that they had several older prep school kids on the team. Their defense was dangerously unruly and the entire team was not very skilled, just 6 inches taller and 30lbs heavier than the true 7th graders. Stay classy Boston

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
is it true that laxachusettes 2019 yellow had 2018 players playing because it sure looked like it?


Have to second that opinion - several people mentioned the same thing to me


When are parents going to demand photo ID cards from the the dopes in charge of these tournaments ? ? ?
Youth football has been doing it for years and years.

Re: Boys 2019 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Liar! You absolutely had a kid play with you who is an invite.... You also had a kid get ejected from the tourney....parents are loose cannons on the sideline..... Give me a break....stay classy Tournament Champions 7B.... Win a shirt anyway you can:)

Re: Boys 2019 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous


Isn't stampede a B team. In all honesty it really doesn't matter who plays in the B games. If the kid is that good he would be playing in the A bracket for somebody. If he is an a kid for another organization then there would be a problem but winning that won't mean much


There's a B bracket for a reason.. Not all teams can compete at the A level, but that doesn't mean it doesn't matter. These teams are trying to get better so that one day they can compete in an A bracket. I believe that 91's C team (Stampede) is trying to get to that level. Very nice to see them improving.

Re: Boys 2019 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
is it true that laxachusettes 2019 yellow had 2018 players playing because it sure looked like it?


What is true is that parents of that program admitted that they have held their children TWICE! In 3rd grade and again in 7th. Technically these boys should be in 9th grade. This is the problem with GRADE based tournaments. There is no way to prove a grade AND if a child is held he is older BUT in the grade.

2 thoughts on this, first, how does a kid feel knowing that they have been held back s o they can "play down" ? Second, these boys should be dominating their "grade" and they are not, this results in an overly physical game because they are losing to players younger then them. Their parents are inadvertently ruining their self esteem, which is a very important component to being a good player.

Re: Boys 2019 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about Crush admitting they lost and deal with the consequences? This from a team that runs up the score, goes behind the back, and trashes everyone they play. Congrats Laxachusetts for beating the mighty Crush!!!!

Re: Boys 2019 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Laxachusetts should not be invited back next year. The coaches admitted that they had several older prep school kids on the team. Their defense was dangerously unruly and the entire team was not very skilled, just 6 inches taller and 30lbs heavier than the true 7th graders. Stay classy Boston

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
is it true that laxachusettes 2019 yellow had 2018 players playing because it sure looked like it?


Have to second that opinion - several people mentioned the same thing to me


I'm a long island parent, but have a number of friends who have kids that play for Laxachusetts. Their 2019 black team is comprised of all 7th graders. There may be a few 2000 birth year hold backs, but hey, all good teams have hold backs, and that team didn't even make it to the finals.

Re: Boys 2019 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
watched a lot of 2019 lacrosse this weekend. Orange is a much deeper and stronger team than HDD. A lot of weaker players on HDD. Taylor does a good job of covering them because 2 "crush" boys are on field all day. Good offensive team, but no defense and weak at goal. Cant wait until we play them

Re: Boys 2019 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How about Crush admitting they lost and deal with the consequences? This from a team that runs up the score, goes behind the back, and trashes everyone they play. Congrats Laxachusetts for beating the mighty Crush!!!!


Yup its true, they lost to 14 and 15 year old kids who should actually be in 8th and 9th grade (fact) no excuses a loss is a loss. It happens when you play up and attempt to actually compete. I think they should stay in local tournaments and play all the "Mighty" 2020 teams on long Island and see how that works.

Re: Boys 2019 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
is it true that laxachusettes 2019 yellow had 2018 players playing because it sure looked like it?


What is true is that parents of that program admitted that they have held their children TWICE! In 3rd grade and again in 7th. Technically these boys should be in 9th grade. This is the problem with GRADE based tournaments. There is no way to prove a grade AND if a child is held he is older BUT in the grade.

2 thoughts on this, first, how does a kid feel knowing that they have been held back s o they can "play down" ? Second, these boys should be dominating their "grade" and they are not, this results in an overly physical game because they are losing to players younger then them. Their parents are inadvertently ruining their self esteem, which is a very important component to being a good player.


Seems like the only complaining is coming from the Crush/Laxachusetts game. Laxachusetts went on to lose to Express and the game was actually fairly clean but still physical. Do any of the other 2019 teams have complaints about Laxachusetts? BTW, that enormous defenseman on Laxachusetts is a legit 2001 birth year kid.

Re: Boys 2019 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Liar! You absolutely had a kid play with you who is an invite.... You also had a kid get ejected from the tourney....parents are loose cannons on the sideline..... Give me a break....stay classy Tournament Champions 7B.... Win a shirt anyway you can:)


Sorry, your husband lied to you, probably not the first time. No kid got ejected from the tourney, but the sharks did loose their goalie for some classless playing. Nice try though. Stay classy.

Re: Boys 2019 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How about Crush admitting they lost and deal with the consequences? This from a team that runs up the score, goes behind the back, and trashes everyone they play. Congrats Laxachusetts for beating the mighty Crush!!!!


Yup its true, they lost to 14 and 15 year old kids who should actually be in 8th and 9th grade (fact) no excuses a loss is a loss. It happens when you play up and attempt to actually compete. I think they should stay in local tournaments and play all the "Mighty" 2020 teams on long Island and see how that works.


Crush has it's fair share of hold-backs/kids that should be in 7th grade...happy to be proven wrong but based on what i've heard, there are 3 or 4 kids that were born in 2001 on Crush (maybe more?)

Re: Boys 2019 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
is it true that laxachusettes 2019 yellow had 2018 players playing because it sure looked like it?


What is true is that parents of that program admitted that they have held their children TWICE! In 3rd grade and again in 7th. Technically these boys should be in 9th grade. This is the problem with GRADE based tournaments. There is no way to prove a grade AND if a child is held he is older BUT in the grade.



2 thoughts on this, first, how does a kid feel knowing that they have been held back s o they can "play down" ? Second, these boys should be dominating their "grade" and they are not, this results in an overly physical game because they are losing to players younger then them. Their parents are inadvertently ruining their self esteem, which is a very important component to being a good player.


Seems like the only complaining is coming from the Crush/Laxachusetts game. Laxachusetts went on to lose to Express and the game was actually fairly clean but still physical. Do any of the other 2019 teams have complaints about Laxachusetts? BTW, that enormous defenseman on Laxachusetts is a legit 2001 birth year kid.


I know we aren't supposed to call out kids on here but there was a certain boy I saw play against crush who definitely did not look age appropriate maybe grade so Ok. BUT I did not see him play in the Express game and I was looking


Page 13 of 22 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 21 22

Link Copied to Clipboard







Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.4