BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts389,360
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 144 of 327 1 2 142 143 144 145 146 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why isn't CR's team playing in National Draw this weekend? Realized that she didn't have a chance to win with M&D and Skywalkers there?

She's at a qualifying tournament to win another U15 spot in Denver

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow , greeting their coach w a kiss, well that proves it . Are you really that pathetic , while I do not greet my kids coach w a kiss there are a few coaches who I shake hands with, is that a problem for you?

I would not kiss my boss at work, or kiss my child's teacher at school.
I would shake their hand, but that wasn't the comment. Certain situations call for a certain level of professionalism, no? We are talking about a blurred line between what should be an impartial business vs. a glorified HS program which benefits those with an "in".

Honestly kissing a coach hello is fine with me. My experience has really been exactly the opposite and I see too many contradictions in what you are saying to believe it. On one hand you have so many accusing YJ of playing games in a win at all costs way then it's only based on who you know. In my opinion it varies from team to team but have seen CR sit a kid who is not playing well no matter who they are or where they are from.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why isn't CR's team playing in National Draw this weekend? Realized that she didn't have a chance to win with M&D and Skywalkers there?

She's doing all the things to get more players accepted to play in Denver. I am a TG parent and jealous how she goes out and does this for the girls. Either the Smiths are not smart enough to figure all these things out or they just don't give a crap.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Smiths are horrible! The dad is a fat loser!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

She's doing all the things to get more players accepted to play in Denver. I am a TG parent and jealous how she goes out and does this for the girls. Either the Smiths are not smart enough to figure all these things out or they just don't give a crap.

Couldn't it be both, lol. I hear your TG 2017 team is so terrible they will not be making the trip so it will be mainly 2018 , Good luck to them YJ 2017 will blow them out

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Smiths are horrible! The dad is a fat loser!

I'm a YJ parent and I'm embarrassed at the above post. Every club has a village idiot and ours just learned to type. Sorry.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bingo, almost to a sickening level. To the detriment of the team, that's the y: team. Sad really, but using PAL coaches for A teams, 4th grade PAL, that will be the crack TOP GUNS need to take that year IMO.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's who you know, thought yj was better, purple may be in the future. Time will tell, fitting as his stacked PAL little sayville girls run the show. Good luck to that age, at least they have a legit coach from Sayvill HS on staff too. PAL really, gotta be better, unless you lady rebels. Now that's a coach who came from nowhere to scare the establishment.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's who you know, thought yj was better, purple may be in the future. Time will tell, fitting as his stacked PAL little sayville girls run the show. Good luck to that age, at least they have a legit coach from Sayvill HS on staff too. PAL really, gotta be better, unless you lady rebels. Now that's a coach who came from nowhere to scare the establishment.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have daughter that bleeds yellow, but this may run her blood purple, and she ain't no chump change. Shame but this is elite lacrosse not favor daddy camp. Sorry see a year that may crash and burn. Other franchises are bringing in HS at min coaches, as y: always did. I hate to think the slide had begun. The director is to good to allow this. She is LI lacrosse, get the coaches you'll get the kids again.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have daughter that bleeds yellow, but this may run her blood purple, and she ain't no chump change. Shame but this is elite lacrosse not favor daddy camp. Sorry see a year that may crash and burn. Other franchises are bringing in HS at min coaches, as y: always did. I hate to think the slide had begun. The director is to good to allow this. She is LI lacrosse, get the coaches you'll get the kids again.

2020 is the beginning of the end. That age group is a mess. F&f do run top team. That must be fixed this year for that age to survive. 2021- already sounds like internal displeasure growing among parents. Rose is selling so at this point doesn't really care about these ages, she will be gone before they are even in HS. 3 years before YJ no longer considered the only place to be.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are very good coaches out there that know the game and how to train that aren't HS coaches so just because he is stepping up from PAL should not scare anyone. What should scare everyone is the politics associated with him taking care of the kids he brings in like a mini F&F. I have seen way too many elite D1 players that's are absolutely HORRIBLE trainers and coaches. Just cause you play doesn't mean you can train and just because you didn't play at a high level doesn't mean you cant be a great coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are very good coaches out there that know the game and how to train that aren't HS coaches so just because he is stepping up from PAL should not scare anyone. What should scare everyone is the politics associated with him taking care of the kids he brings in like a mini F&F. I have seen way too many elite D1 players that's are absolutely HORRIBLE trainers and coaches. Just cause you play doesn't mean you can train and just because you didn't play at a high level doesn't mean you cant be a great coach.

The guy isn't a bad coach, just the politics that comes with him and his asst. (who actually is a former daddy coach). Coach's daughter is the real deal, she can play. But the the others he brought from his little f&f from Sayville don't even belong on the team (please be able to catch and throw on an A team). And it's disgusting how he builds lines for these f&f kids while better kids get left out of the mix. Parents are sick of it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]There are very good coaches out there that know the game and how to train that aren't HS coaches so just because he is stepping up from PAL should not scare anyone. What should scare everyone is the politics associated with him taking care of the kids he brings in like a mini F&F. I have seen way too many elite D1 players that's are absolutely HORRIBLE trainers and coaches. Just cause you play doesn't mean you can train and just because you didn't play at a high level doesn't mean you cant be a great coach.

The guy isn't a bad coach, just the politics that comes with him and his asst. (who actually is a former daddy coach). Coach's daughter is the real deal, she can play. But the the others he brought from his little f&f from Sayville don't even belong on the team (please be able to catch and throw on an A team). And it's disgusting how he builds lines for these f&f kids while better kids get left out of the mix. Parents are sick of it.

This is what YJ lacrosse has become so before you sign your daughters name on the dotted line you know how the program works and will continue to work. Nothing will change the friends and family , pay for training, right zip code will always cause political problems once the only show in town now will have people looking elsewhere to play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When there were just 2 teams politics weren't as bad. With 4,5 &6 teams all battling to get to be Real Blue the F&F is holding them back. With 30 teams the F&F plan is now in overdrive. Just way too many kids and families not to be an issue.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Huge difference there! The rebel teams are their own entity, the girls come from TG, YJ or wherever to field a team at tournaments that do not conflict with travel team tournaments. Yes various fathers are involved and daughters are good players and are a big part of the games. Everyone signing on to play is keenly aware of this, it is what it is, if you recognize that and don't like it, don't sign on. What's happening on the YJ team is completely different, you have a town coach favoring his daughter and friends over the rest of the kids CR put on the team. The exact reason why fathers should never ever be allowed to coach their own daughters team. TG have a dad doing that but there is no favoritism apparent, but still not a good idea, and he is a coach on a completely different level than what we are talking about here. One of the best things leaving town ball is getting away from all the nepotism. Nothing good can come from this as far as YJs go, the town team may benefit, no one else.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So how many daddy coaches do the YJ's currently employ. I know of at least 3 and I am sure their are more

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lol. Long Island parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2020 is the beginning of the end. That age group is a mess. F&f do run top team. That must be fixed this year for that age to survive. 2021- already sounds like internal displeasure growing among parents. Rose is selling so at this point doesn't really care about these ages, she will be gone before they are even in HS. 3 years before YJ no longer considered the only place to be.

Nobody gets it, the club will not be sold. It generates millions of dollars for CR. Any other business in America an accountant could easily put a fair selling price on it and bam, done deal. YJ however is only worth something because CR is at the helm. Would you buy a business appraised based on its revenue earnings over the last couple years knowing that it would most definitely see a huge drop first year and perhaps crumble away in a few short years? No. And the offers based on that huge risk must be quite low, too low to justify selling. The revenue stream is just too great compared to the worth of the business minus CR. Therefore, rest easy YJ players, it will never be sold.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nobody gets it, the club will not be sold. It generates millions of dollars for CR. Any other business in America an accountant could easily put a fair selling price on it and bam, done deal. YJ however is only worth something because CR is at the helm. Would you buy a business appraised based on its revenue earnings over the last couple years knowing that it would most definitely see a huge drop first year and perhaps crumble away in a few short years? No. And the offers based on that huge risk must be quite low, too low to justify selling. The revenue stream is just too great compared to the worth of the business minus CR. Therefore, rest easy YJ players, it will never be sold.
All new age groups are trying to get to SIX TEAMS!!!!!! SHe cant sell so she is milking the 2nd through 6th team just for cash and that's why you will see more 22 year old coaches with the occasional daddy. Both work cheap!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My sideline is torturous!!!Oh how I love these weekends. I am resigned to earbuds and sunglasses so I can tune people out and close my eyes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ is not for sale and never has been all you jealous loosers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team elevate is parent coaching as well, but starting to see other coaches on the team as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes of the $2m asking price but someone said she wouldn't sign a non compete. Since she cant find a buyer she is going to get every age group to 5 or 6 teams already started with the 20's. And I bet when she gets to 6 she goes to 7. How many players didn't qualify for ELITE YJ this year. Answer they all made it even the kids who cant catch!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes of the $2m asking price but someone said she wouldn't sign a non compete. Since she cant find a buyer she is going to get every age group to 5 or 6 teams already started with the 20's. And I bet when she gets to 6 she goes to 7. How many players didn't qualify for ELITE YJ this year. Answer they all made it even the kids who cant catch!
if your that unhappy with the program pull your kid and go someplace better..oh wait there isn't a better option your prob just upset bc you think your kid deserves to be on the first time and she didn't make it. Get over it. Let me tell you from my experience the kids are placed EXACTLY where they belong and it helps when you hit the recruiting portion in their lives. If your kid is not a true first team player then your kid will not get the looks of the top D1 schools. If you look at the first team from this years 2014 roster they are all mostly going top 20 D1 the second team is mainly going top 50 some D2 the third team going bottom 50 D1 or D2 and the fourth team mostly D2 or D3. That just shows she has the girls exactly where they belonged. In my opinion CR is giving everyone an opportunity they could not get from just playing high school bc colleges don't recruit high school games. Her top teams go to tournies that are stronger championship type (ie lax for a cure) it's a great system speaking from a parent whose graduated out. Stop the pettiness of criticizing one another if your not happy go elsewhere...otherwise support each other. If your kids a stronger player at the 20 level chances are the weaker girls are just slower in developing . Lots of time for skills to change I've seen it. I have seen some peak early and some not until college just enjoy it it ends before you know it and then you'll miss it all!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
well said !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly, you will not know till senior year, even the summer before college if your daughter still wants to play in college. The demands of D1 lacrosse are real, and not for everyone. My own decided after freshman year, her schools club team was better suited for her academic demands. More than half of the schools club team were members of the schools lacrosse program that gave it up.

Enjoy the weekends you spend with your girls, the silly bickering is not worth ruining the memories you will have spending time with them.

I miss the time, wish we had it back. Its just a game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if your that unhappy with the program pull your kid and go someplace better..oh wait there isn't a better option your prob just upset bc you think your kid deserves to be on the first time and she didn't make it. Get over it. Let me tell you from my experience the kids are placed EXACTLY where they belong and it helps when you hit the recruiting portion in their lives. If your kid is not a true first team player then your kid will not get the looks of the top D1 schools. If you look at the first team from this years 2014 roster they are all mostly going top 20 D1 the second team is mainly going top 50 some D2 the third team going bottom 50 D1 or D2 and the fourth team mostly D2 or D3. That just shows she has the girls exactly where they belonged. In my opinion CR is giving everyone an opportunity they could not get from just playing high school bc colleges don't recruit high school games. Her top teams go to tournies that are stronger championship type (ie lax for a cure) it's a great system speaking from a parent whose graduated out. Stop the pettiness of criticizing one another if your not happy go elsewhere...otherwise support each other. If your kids a stronger player at the 20 level chances are the weaker girls are just slower in developing . Lots of time for skills to change I've seen it. I have seen some peak early and some not until college just enjoy it it ends before you know it and then you'll miss it all!!

Sad that you graduated out but are still trolling here

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly, you will not know till senior year, even the summer before college if your daughter still wants to play in college. The demands of D1 lacrosse are real, and not for everyone. My own decided after freshman year, her schools club team was better suited for her academic demands. More than half of the schools club team were members of the schools lacrosse program that gave it up.

Enjoy the weekends you spend with your girls, the silly bickering is not worth ruining the memories you will have spending time with them.

I miss the time, wish we had it back. Its just a game.
it's so true when my daughter played we would come on here to get updates and see how all the other teams did now it's a nasty bash festival. I'm guessing everyone is so caught up lately with committing early and stats don't even bother. I had one child going into her senior year say she didn't want to play anymore she just wanted to be a college student and join a sorority do what typical college kids do. We supported her and of course she missed it enough bc of the love she had that she now plays club and coaches a youth team near her college. Can we try to just be positive and keep this site respectful. I get not everyone likes what CR does it's human we all aren't liked by everyone in this world. But bashing 11 year olds from your own club we never had that. As a matter of fact in my second daughters year girls that were on blue came from the third team and some from the third were moved to the fourth and second but guess what they are all friends as are the parents. We share a common bond with each other don't let the competition of getting your kid a scholarship ruin the experience there is a school out there for everyone and trust me what you may want for your daughter and what is the best fit sometimes isn't always the same. Trust in the system that YJ has in place it may not always be accurate and someone may fall through the cracks but it does work. If it didn't it would still be around. Enjoy what's left of the tournament season good luck to all girls!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The calm before the storm.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Jones would have to be considered the top team at this point, two trips to the finals at ND and one chanpionship and Curcio is an early out again

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
funny, Curcio played Jones this year already and beat them soundly... Jones just playes in a lower divsion. Both excellent run teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
funny, Curcio played Jones this year already and beat them soundly... Jones just playes in a lower divsion. Both excellent run teams
both are excellent coaches as well. Be happy if your child has either. Great role models great coaches!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did TG Black 17 get crushed by YJ C team??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
y
Did TG Black 17 get crushed by YJ C team??

No, they won by 1 and currently playing the YJ team that crushed them by 15 last week

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ National Draw Champions! Once again TG no match for competition!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ouch... YJ2018 beats YJ2017 at Northeast championships for finals. Congrats 2018!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ouch... YJ2018 beats YJ2017 at Northeast championships for finals. Congrats 2018!
congrats to both teams!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Now we will see if US Lacrosse enforces the rules regarding rosters. In the past YJ's have had teams qualify in this tournament but sent kids who did not even play in the qualifying tournament. If US Lacrosse allows this, it is a complete joke. You can;t let other kids take the spots of the kids who qualified.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lol - just watch. It will happen.

Like Reply Quote
Page 144 of 327 1 2 142 143 144 145 146 326 327
Quick Reply