Originally Posted by Anonymous
Exactly, you will not know till senior year, even the summer before college if your daughter still wants to play in college. The demands of D1 lacrosse are real, and not for everyone. My own decided after freshman year, her schools club team was better suited for her academic demands. More than half of the schools club team were members of the schools lacrosse program that gave it up.

Enjoy the weekends you spend with your girls, the silly bickering is not worth ruining the memories you will have spending time with them.

I miss the time, wish we had it back. Its just a game.
it's so true when my daughter played we would come on here to get updates and see how all the other teams did now it's a nasty bash festival. I'm guessing everyone is so caught up lately with committing early and stats don't even bother. I had one child going into her senior year say she didn't want to play anymore she just wanted to be a college student and join a sorority do what typical college kids do. We supported her and of course she missed it enough bc of the love she had that she now plays club and coaches a youth team near her college. Can we try to just be positive and keep this site respectful. I get not everyone likes what CR does it's human we all aren't liked by everyone in this world. But bashing 11 year olds from your own club we never had that. As a matter of fact in my second daughters year girls that were on blue came from the third team and some from the third were moved to the fourth and second but guess what they are all friends as are the parents. We share a common bond with each other don't let the competition of getting your kid a scholarship ruin the experience there is a school out there for everyone and trust me what you may want for your daughter and what is the best fit sometimes isn't always the same. Trust in the system that YJ has in place it may not always be accurate and someone may fall through the cracks but it does work. If it didn't it would still be around. Enjoy what's left of the tournament season good luck to all girls!!